View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 20 2012, 21:57 PM 

Tester

To the Honored Citizens of the Sepat of Khem
Those who toil and labor in the Fields of the Khalil
The Backbone of Society
The Bringers of the Harvest

Em-Hotep Nefer Weret,

I, Mahir Ramathant, Sekhry of Djedet invite you to elect one of your own to come forward and serve the city of Djedet.

The township of Djedet plans to improve the prosperity of its people and specifically those of the outlying areas. We let it be known to you, those within the Sepat of Khem, our intentions and allow you a voice in the matters as well.

[*]We plan on building higher walls, constructed of the ash that once near drowned our city and choked the river in poison sulfuric wastes.

[*]We plan on constructing a water purifier large enough to provide clean, pure water for the entire population.

[*]The Khalil region through the magic of artifice, we hope to establish a system of Irrigation in order to water the crops and regulate the flooding cycle of the Khalil River.

[*]The township of Djedet is still extending applications to members of the Sepat to join either the Guard or the Militia. Those qualifying will be given a stipend, and be given the right to vote within the Shemsu [color]

[color=#40FF00][*]
The township of Djedet will have an open enrollment in the Djedet Civil Corps. Any peoples seeking a position in the soon to come Djedet Civil Corps, whose purpose will be to assist in builing the new structures, cleaning and maintening existing ones, and the providing of raw materials needs to seek out the Sekhry at their earliest convience. Those who have the aptitude to learn a new trade, or currently possess skilled trades such as hunting, carpentry, blacksmithing, coopling, stonemason, tracking, cartographing or engineering are especially encouraged to apply. Those whom are found favorable will be payed well, according to their station and experience, and will have the right to vote in the Shemsu.

Muharib Ramathant
Sekhry of Djedet
Marshall of the Feathersworn

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 07 2013, 11:06 AM 

Tester

This is once more circulated among those in the Khalil region, as well as the Oasis, and as far as Hasrabet.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

Glim

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 14 2013, 4:53 AM 

Player

Though no one seems to step forward from the outlying peoples of the island to represent the greater whole just yet, the Sekhry would have a few people familiar with the listed trades visit Djedet to express their interest in the Corps. One woman and a small boy of no more than twelve who claim that they can hunt, as well as a venerable man who used to spend his time at the oasis who claims to be a skilled cartographer, offer their services to the township.

If asked why so few have stepped forward, their explanations would all be roughly the same; that many of the able-bodied men and women who claim those trades have already answered the call to bolster the area's militia, or have traveled to Mulharond to aid Prince Aken himself.

Though the Sekhry's talk of the improved availability of water and the formation of the Civil Corps is met with a generally positive light by those he speaks with, the plans for a higher wall and increased draw of manpower for the militia and guard forces is not. Though they do not come right out and say it, Muharib would likely be able to overhear snippets of conversation between these outlying folk (and others from across the island) along the lines of:

But what will higher walls around Djedet do to defend my crops?

or

All of these increased defenses for Djedet only make it harder for me to find skilled men to guard my raft and goods from raiders along the river.

and even

They pull more and more resources and manpower to the township, but where does that leave us? Our men may not even return from the war and what protection has been offered to us in their absence?

It would become clear that while the mood within the township of Djedet itself is generally hopeful even despite the continued war in Mulharond and dangers in the Khem region, those who make their home outside of the township and tend to the crops or trade routes are beginning to feel more and more vulnerable as time, and the war, wear on.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 14 2013, 10:29 AM 

Tester

The three of these are greeted warmly and Mahir would speak to them at length of their abilities and reasons for wanting to assist Djedet and what they would require to do skills for the city.

He would also try to speak to those whose worry is that the focus is on Djedet instead of the outlying regions. That the wishes to build a strong central point and then branch out.
"For what is a system of rods without a central hub to make a wheel? They do not roll" He implies that with a strong central point the outlying regions can be defended better.

"It is desire to, with a system of artifice and irrigation, help regulate the flooding cycles and assist in farming production by lengthening the growing season, no longer being dependent upon the yearly floods." He continues "In addition to just the walls in Djedet, it was previously discussed to place watch towers throughout Khem so that the entire region can be protected from the central hub"

Of course he implies that this must wait for the war effort before continuation but using his talents and genuine feelings to persuade the people and attempt to beseech them to trust the township so that it could assist them.

To those whom appear to be the leaders of dissent with a fully genuine heart, "I know there is issues and we will not agree on all of these. We each want what is best for our own; our wives, our children, and our people. I consider all here on the isle to be my people and because you have such great wisdom and know how best to serve those closest to you, please consider the offer to assist the Tetrach and help us make the proper decisions to govern with wisdom."

To his own guards whom he has grown close too, who are all natives of the Khalil region, he asks them simply "What can I do, What can we do?" He offers them if it would be wise to live amongst them or any such "empathetic" move.

Mahir as a commander knows well the need to work from a central point but trust in your outlying stations to act in sovereign power. He is talented in convincing people to work with him. Though confident in his own self and in the decisions set forth by the Tetrach, he wishes the aid of outside council to be the most effective.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

Glim

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 14 2013, 14:58 PM 

Player

They're uncertain, Sekhry, one of the guards would reply, War breeds uncertainty. All we can do is reassure them and remain strong, show them that life goes on even as war rages.

Some of the other nearby men nod in agreement, Show them that we do not forget them.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 14 2013, 15:20 PM 

Tester

He asks these men what they believe the top priority for the Khalil Region that could be worked on now, and tosses out examples informally while he and the guards took a noon meal in the tent barracks; guard towers, the irrigation and artifice for the fields, ability for their sons and daughters to learn valuable trades abroad?

He vows to himself to bring their responses to the next Shemsu and Tetrach meeting and to pray to the Eight and Ma'at to bring him wisdom to not forget these.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

Glim

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 14 2013, 15:38 PM 

Player

A plan, Sekhry.

When Anubis' forces first began their attacks, we felt trapped, one man pipes up, one who Muharib would recognize as having come from the Khalil region. We knew that our cluster of farms could not stand against those beasts, but we knew that to run into the desert with no supplies and no protection may have proved just as hopeless.

Another man nods to this as he takes a bite of the noon meal. The wheel only works if the spokes are connected to the center hub, Sekhry. We need to give them a better plan than simply running into the desert in our direction, hoping that the desert or Anubis' forces do not take them before they reach our walls.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]