View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Remal

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 10 2012, 15:25 PM 

Player

Malatril is there for the most part, overseeing any remaining work on fortifications and attending Mahir's drilling sessions, learning of ways of fighting and military tactics in Mulhorand environment.
He can be seen leaving the encampment regularly for an hour each day, but he's always back and in time for any duties. Any free time is spent training in company of War Knights.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 13 2012, 5:24 AM 

Tester

Mahir had delegated a series of commands to the Crusaders on the shore of the River of Swords.

To Zelly he had her meet with the Silver Scaled Asabi as they requested.

The Eternal Order and the Triadic Knights were to learn what they could of their foe's plane and then meet in the Forest.

The Warknights were to go to the Forest and start preparing immediately after they broke the camp and turned over the reins to the Claws of the Sun and Ankh.

Talyne to act as the middle-man between the forest inhabitants and the Crusaders. She was especially charged with working things out with Malandria.

The Mages, especially Dominik were to assist Talyne and find the rift as soon as possible without activating it until its time.

Reddok, the Counselor from Barak Runedar was charged with relaying the message and plea for his dwarves to join in for the formidable task ahead.

He meanwhile returns to Djedet for a time. And prepares once more to travel and war abroad.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

Elorathall

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 21 2012, 15:04 PM 

Player

During a routine visit to Ne'sek, Marcus relays what he learned of the ongoing campaign to the local Dawnmaster...

Aurelius: Sunmaster of Amaunator. Contemplative. Aspirant to Transcendance.
"Sol Invictus"

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 22 2012, 14:06 PM 

Player

Quote:
Five days after the forest portal closed, fighting wound down at the River of Swords as, to even General Aken's surprise, the feint in force at the river pushed the invaders back further and further into Unther. The three Paladin orders of Mulhorand, had, with the aid of the Khemites removed the taint of Anubis horde from the sands of the Empire. So as to not over extend his lines Aken's forces withdrew back the River. . .

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 07 2013, 11:10 AM 

Tester

Mahir once more at the River of Swords via the portal tries request an audience with Prince-General Aken III. While the request is processed if the General is busy Mahir would be drilling the men in formation fighting specifically in techniques to work against foes with great powers of regeneration as the Tarzhens are discovered to have.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

Glim

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 23 2013, 8:06 AM 

Player

Over the past months, the battle had become a rather constant "tug-of-war" for the region, neither the Mulharondi or the forces of Anubis managing to gain significant ground. Whenever the Mulan forces managed to rally and push through, more of the dreaded Tarzhens would spill forth from whatever portal must rest far behind enemy lines. Conversely, whenever Anubis' creatures seemed to begin to push forward again, the General's superior tactics coupled with Mulan determination would see them push back across the river, regaining any lost ground.

The most recent report from the contested region would arrive in Khem today however, and a runner would quickly be dispatched to Djedet to inform the Mulharondi there. The report would detail that two days ago, all sign of the Tarzhens simply ceased. It would appear that a thin front line was left to engage the Mulharondi, and by the time those few forces were dispatched, the remainder of Anubis' army was nowhere to be found.

Though the men rejoice that the war for the region would seem to be over, the General and some of the other leaders do ask the obvious questions... where did they go? And why?

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 23 2013, 15:26 PM 

Tester

Mahir Ramathant, who had been in Kohlingen for several meetings hears about this via a courier sent by his beloved wife Zahra Ramathant.

"And so it begins" he mutters.

He sends a missive to Ulrik of House Valis, Lady Zellani, Dominik Tibor, Jud'Vardas Kenlyl, Jackie Kenlyl and Sir Jerand on Amia.

It explicitly states the situation and asks for the "box" they had gotten from the circus at the Desert Oasis. It asks if the box is ready for use and if they know how to manipulate it.

All of the Mulhorandi Chosen are sent for as well to meet at the River of Swords. Imhotep, Nefertari, Aoth, and of course his own wife who hears it from his lips instead of the scratchings of a quill.

Ulrik's letter asks specially for him to divine the region of the portal that has "dried up" with no more Tarzhen spilling out, if he feels it wise and if he is capable. A courier is sent to the Silverscale tribe to let them know of the coming last push.

Mahir sets a small contingent led by one of the proven lieutenants at the First Cataract to make a wide arc to find the portal where they had been spilling out from and to report the situation back.

With a prayer to each one of the Eight, dwelling long on Anhur and another one to Ma'at he makes ready his weapons and armor inside the Inn at Kohlingen before seeking out Ulrik for a face to face.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

666WaysToHell

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 23 2013, 15:59 PM 

Player

Aoth would join the scouting mission, and periodically throughout the next few days return to the area. He casts true seeing and sends his familiar, Nera, to scout the area with her own keen senses as he simply observes from his position. He takes note of anything that would be out of place in the area, and returns to his private study to list his findings, or lack of.

"...Where did you run too..."

Glim

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 23 2013, 19:27 PM 

Player

The scouting mission, even aided by Aoth's magic, would find no trace of the portal.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 23 2013, 20:36 PM 

Tester

The eyes of the mulhorandi turn toward the box in Kohlingen and Mahir waits for his meetings while renewing his request for an audience with Prince General Aken III

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

Remal

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 24 2013, 1:17 AM 

Player

If informed about happening, Malatril would quickly return to the Keep and inform the War Knights to resupply and be prepared to move. Despite most of the Knights being reassigned to other locations, at least one Knight is present to be ready to inform the others.

Glim

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 24 2013, 7:22 AM 

Player

Catch it, quickly! the cry went out near the rear of the General's lines.

A lone Tarzhen had managed to burrow its way underground nearly past the entire camp, before it was discovered. Unfortunately for the creature (and the man in question) one of the soldiers had been out to one side of his fellows relieving himself, right in the creature's path. A scuffle erupted as the unfortunate man had fallen into the hole the Tarzhen was leaving in its wake, and the ensuing panicked cries alerted the rest of the camp. Men began chasing the creature down, or grabbing for bows, as it made a desperate sprint for the portal to Khem...

In Djedet, a sudden flash of light illuminated the darkness of night, waking several of the townsfolk and setting the militia on alert. Crossing the river cautiously, in formation as they had been taught, they arrived at the site of the portal to the River of Swords... to find only the severed form of half a Tarzhen. What was left of the body quickly began to slough off into so much goo, and more importantly, no sign of the portal remained.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 24 2013, 7:50 AM 

Tester

Mahir goes to speak to the Silverscale Shamaness while waiting to here back from Dominik in Kohlingen. Her being the one who set up the current portal to the River of Swords he asks her what they can do to use the box to make a portal to the Plane of Gehenna

Jud, the resident demon expert of the chosen is called for once again by Mahir.

EDITED: To reflect and resolve the OOC confusion.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 25 2013, 0:37 AM 

Tester

The small contingent having been sent to Kohlingen retrieved the "box" and brought it to the township of Djedet, the "worksite" for the box was placed on the far side of the river nearest the now non-active portal so that the Silverscales could once again guard it. And to possibly endanger not as many areas.

Mahir orders it to be guarded and again sends out missives to all the chosen of Ma'at. He gets those most skilled in the arcane to aid Dominik who had been working on the box before, to help in activating it and attuning its portal capability to the Plane of Gehenna.

Mahir prays to Anhur for strength and Ma'at for guidance as she once said they would know what to do when it was time. And it felt like the right time.

((He currently carries all the gems and the items of the high Scribe))
EDITED: To reflect the ooc confusion fixes

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

666WaysToHell

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 25 2013, 3:41 AM 

Player

Aoth sends his companion, Nera, to help with guarding over the box, while he reviews his previous notes on the boxs activation.

Last edited by 666WaysToHell on Mon, Feb 25 2013, 3:56 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Glim

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 25 2013, 3:55 AM 

Player

//So just so everything is clear and we're all on the same page, both the portal from Gehenna to the River of Swords (first night) and the portal from the River of Swords to Djedet (second night) were destroyed. There's nothing left of either portal. Continue on.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 25 2013, 3:58 AM 

Tester

So with both portals destroyed...

Dominik, Aoth and Mahir work on the far side of the river, nearest the Silverscale encampment. They use Ulrik's notes and their own intuition, the gems and all their skills and hopefully those of the Silverscales Shamaness to uncover the secrets of the now uncompressed "box" to manipulate it into generating the portal they seek.

Mahir prays for Anubis to ready himself to be redeemed. Anhur's strength to make it so. And Maat's wisdom to let the time be right.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

Gers

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 25 2013, 5:36 AM 

Player

Jud would come once he received Mahir's summons, a few tomes of lower-planar lore from the Shrine's library in tow. Upon hearing the tale of how the creature had melted away, he would shrug and reply that he's heard of stranger ways for them to return to the pit that spawned them. He would then set to work analyzing the leftover goop.

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 25 2013, 7:23 AM 

Player

Location: Somewhere... anywhere.. not here...maybe there... (GMT -8)

*Nefertari would take the letters from Mahir to Imhotep's study, knocking softly on the door before she opens it*

Em-Hotep Imhotep,

Mahir sends these letters asking for our attendance in Djedet promptly. It looks to be time to take up the mantles of Chosen of Ma'at and Imaku again, my husband.

*she sets the letters down next to him, quietly backing from the room and closing the door behind her*

Sir Khayri Aphaeleon ~ Avenger of Hoar, Knight of Fort Cystana

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 25 2013, 15:26 PM 

DM

A familiar copper kin makes her presence known around Djedet. She doesn't stay overnight, but does travel back each day as necessary. She tends to spend most of her time amongst the Silver Scale tribe and simply waits for the Sekhry's guidance.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 25 2013, 16:09 PM 

Player

And then suddenly ... a Sharessin appears! It would seem that, given her frequent trips back to the township, Salema caught wind of the happenings and has returned. Another room rented, another day. She would appear as cherry and positive as ever, though to those that look harder they would probably note a sense that something was troubling her in her eyes when she thought no one was looking.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Nivo

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 25 2013, 16:13 PM 

Player

With the sudden developments, what seems to be lacking is a particular mustached Mystran magician. The mystical box is turned over with all the wizard's related research notes. However, the magician sends his regards and regrets that he is unable to lend his spells in what appears to be this final effort against Anubis and his daemonic horde.

erroch

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 25 2013, 17:37 PM 

Player

The blue robed Azuthian seems to frequent the sands, most of his time there is spent working on the box. He frequently cross referencing his notes with notes penned in a much more practiced formal hand. Sharing what he knows to Aoth and Mahir. Those listening in to their conversations when they are not working on the box may hear the mage enquiring about portals, rifts, and sightings of creatures of shadow.

While he is devoting some of his time to this project, a considerable amount of his time, and his nights are spent in Kohlingen.

LadyJeanine

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 25 2013, 17:44 PM 

Player

Zahra would stay near Djedet for the most part, remaining close to Braxis if need be. She would speak with those recently returned to the Sepat, and sometimes venture over to to Mahir to be by his side.

ROCK ON
\m/

Glim

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 25 2013, 21:09 PM 

Player

The Silverscale tribe would seem... on edge. The Shamaness herself leaves their camp (with a few of her kin in tow as a sort of honorguard) to join Dominik and Aoth in their work. With the use of Ulrik's notations on the puzzlebox, Dominik is able to unlock its outer "shell", affording them a view of the 360 degree numbered dial which supposedly will allow them to generate the portal.

Let us learn its secrets together and put an end to this blight, the Shamaness could be heard to say to the two arcanists.

Jud's examination of the goo left behind by the half-a-Tarzhen would be the result of the creature having been saturated with magic akin to that of a Dispelling or Disjunction, to such a high level that it was actually killing the creature. It would seem that the result of its entrance to the portal was entirely intentional, and judging by the amount of energy that would have needed to be present for the trace of magic to last this long, it is likely that Anubis himself, or perhaps one of his Chosen, was the source.

Meanwhile the Militia of Djedet and the Silverscale warriors begin making their preparations, the later relying heavily on the Copperkin to co-ordinate their efforts with the former. The Sekhry's training of the militia shows as they begin working side-by-side (more or less) with the tribe.

In the cliff homes of the minotaur tribe east of Hasrabet, little activity is found of late from the usually territorial creatures. Most seem to have retreated into the depths of their labyrinth, a far more easily defended location. The cliff pass is not entirely abandoned however, with a few minotaur "scouts" (or as close to the term as they understand it) keep an eye on the world outside their closed pass.

Nes'ek seems to begin preparations as well, the recent missive of the Eternal Order and the general unease that has fallen over the small island in the Alamber seeing renewed activity. Temporary barricades are constructed at both entrances to the small valley, protected as it is by high and treacherous cliffs save for the two small passes. Several warrior-priests from the Temple of Lathander take to the streets, making their own preparations to combat Anubis' host.

Elorathall

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 25 2013, 21:32 PM 

Player

On one of his regular visits to Ne'sek, a man wearing an ancient-seeming armor and an ornate armored mask takes note of the increased tension, and heads into the temple of Lathander to speak with the Dawnmaster.

"Sol Invictus"

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 25 2013, 21:47 PM 

Tester

Malatril and the War Knights are informed that they will be hanging back and defending the township. It is put out that only the chosen will venture into Gehenna. As Ma'at can only protect those with her essence. The warknights and any others are tasked with pitching around the area to be used as the portal grounds.

Mahir readies the men with light training once more. He also leads them and whomever wanted to join in a prayer.

He adorns himself with red paint of Anhur and does so to the soldiers and militia and whomever else desired the paint... He shaves his head once more and repaints the blue circle of his station.

When the time is right before they activate the portal... He is ready to encourage and inspire his friends, soldiers, and companions.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 25 2013, 22:57 PM 

Tester

A missive is sent to Lady Si'Neela in Nes'el detailing their battle plan in Djedet. It includes info about the Warknights coming in, the chosen crossing into the other plane, and the positions of the militia.

It also includes instructions to flee via portal to Wiltun if necessary.

This was all included so they might work together.

Those inside Hasrabet are asked to take their valuables and choose Nesek or Djedet to seek shelter in until crisis is averted

The people of Khalem river region and even the nomads are offered shelter within Djedet. Alternatively the Beatle queen burrow is cleared out for those nomads in the deeper desert regions, who do not wish to come in from the cold so to speak. Those that wish to fight are allowed to join the militia to defend the city and their own inside it. Their word in this dark time suffices for their honor.

The farmers are ushered in from the river as are the slaves, and the lot of them if they allow it. Those who are antsy are tasked with digging battle trenches and fallpits in the sand and hard clay as well as patching the old wall and using all the ashes previously gathered for the volcano as mortar and paste.

Those who wish to fight are given rudimentary training and prayed over.

In hopes all of the isle of Khem is unified, even under its diversity, trough the desire to survive and the will of the Mulhorandi people and the leadership of Mahir in Djedet and Lady Sineela in Nesek.

When the time comes Kala and Maltril are to lead the defense of Djedet if needed. They are to evacuate everyone via the lamps to Amia if there is no chance to save the city and its people.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

LadyJeanine

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 25 2013, 23:46 PM 

Player

With a heavy heart, Zahra leaves Braxis with the their slave Tahira, under strict orders to keep him safe at all costs.

The wife of the Sekhry paints her skin red with her husband's war paint and sharpens her khopesh, just in case she needs it as a last resort. She waits quietly for orders with the stag Bakari, and the gryphon Hizubah. She meditates quietly, offering prayers to all of The Eight and Ma'at.

ROCK ON
\m/

NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 27 2013, 5:09 AM 

Player

The small town seems to have gained another watcher. A lone raven simply waits on the rooftops, never making any calls or coming close enough to interact with any of the people. The bird is obviously well-fed, but something about it seems a little strange. It's feathers are decidedly scruffy, and some of the feathers around it's head don't seem to match the rest, being a light shade of grey rather than black. It's eyes are a solid, pearlescent grey, though it doesn't seem bothered by it's presumed blindness.

Remal

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 27 2013, 17:26 PM 

Player

War Knight would arrive as soon as possible, setting up the camp within city walls and helping with defenses. Training received during their stay at River of Swords about desert warfare comes well as they help digging up trenches and setting up additional barricades.
Malatril spends some time with Mahir, discussing defensive tactics and possible evacuation routes. He isn't overly happy with the fact he'll be left behind, but he's willing to see this done and over with.

--

Kala would do as instructed, and assist with the preparations. She'd wish Sekhry and Chosen success, and then put on her helm and take her place in the front rank of defenders.

Glim

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 28 2013, 1:48 AM 

Player

The last few nights...

After having spoken with Marcus, Si'Neela would send a reply to the Sekhry, informing him that defensive efforts in Nes'ek are well underway. Given their naturally fortified location and relatively small militia force, they intend to make their stand within the tight valley Nes'ek rests in, and will not be venturing forth.

Upon hearing of the impending danger, various folk from across the Khalem and even a few from the Oasis begin the trek to Djedet. As some of these begin to arrive in the town, talk of frothing seas along the edges of the island can be heard in whispered rumor.

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 28 2013, 11:10 AM 

Player

Imhotep of House Osirant and his wife, Nefertari can be seen moving about the Sepat, though as was, and apparently still is, typical for 'Tari, her words are few as she follows her husband around taking notes as he directs her on rolled sheets of parchment, the pictoglyphs running from top to bottom as she scrolls the parchment.

Elorathall

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 28 2013, 11:36 AM 

Player

When having spoken to Si'Neela, Marcus heads to find Mikal and the rest of the Eternal Order in their cathedral.

"Sol Invictus"

alamut

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 28 2013, 12:53 PM 

Player

*It was informed that Mikal can be found in Kohlingen, but he would return the next day*

Glim

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 28 2013, 14:56 PM 

Player

Late last night...

As night draws across the land and the Chosen seek their rest for the night, all would receive a dream which, though it would not wake them on its own, lingers in their minds even into the waking world when their rest is done.

All begins as darkness, though a faint iridescence begins to form. From that light coalescence a familiar shape, that of a feather, slightly curved as it falls from somewhere above, twirling lightly in an unseen and unfelt breeze. Time would seem to slow in the dream as the feather falls, and at five different points, actually seems to stop entirely for a few seconds. Each time it stops, the tip of the feather is "pointed" in a different direction as the Chosen look down at it from above.

After the fifth point is shown, the feather falls for a few moments longer before a light gust of wind picks it back up into the air and sends it drifting out of the dream's field of view.

The rest of the night's sleep is particularly peaceful.

In the small hours of the morning, before the sun has even begun to rise, a robed individual approached the tent near to the ley node and portal lamp. Not terribly stealthy, the two militia men standing guard there noted him quickly enough, Who goes there at this hour?

The robed man didn't immediately respond, and the well trained militia tightened their grip on spear and kopesh, but before they called for support, the wan moonlight showed them the other man's face. Thabit, we nearly skewered you, what are you doing out this early? No immediate response was given. Are you alright, Thabit? the other militia man asked.

Stopping, a small, gloating smirk crosses Thabit's face for a moment before his mouth began to move, shaping arcane syllables. The well trained men, having clearly seen the look of malevolence on Thabit's face, react quickly and the spearman skewers one of the man's legs, trying to break his concentration... but to no avail.

Just as the kopesh of the other militiaman is swung and a cry of alarm goes out, a green ray of crackling force spreads from Thabit's outstretched hands to strike the portal lamp... reducing it instantly to a pile of ash.

Thabit's head joins that pile a second later.

This morning, a few more refugees from the Oasis and Khalem begin streaming in, but rather than the slow, somber walk of those who know what is to come, these people seem to have run must of the way, nearing exhaustion as they arrive. Though many are stunned beyond speech, the more hardy folk, some of which have seen such conflict before, speak of a great host that seemed to emerge from the sea itself. Similar reports are heard from both the people of the Khalem and the Oasis, and soon after a runner from the Silverscale tribe reports that their scouts have also seen a great host of Anubis' forces coming out of the waters to the west, heading inland.

East, south and west, with the Chosen and all the raiment in the middle... it would seem that the retreat at the River of Swords had only been a feint to gather all in one place.

LadyJeanine

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 28 2013, 17:21 PM 

Player

Zarha's peaceful dream would nearly be forgotten when she hears of the destroyed lamp and the hordes emerging from the sea. She seeks Mahir out and mentions her dream of the feather before squeezing his hand and disappearing into the crowd of refugees from the Khalem to offer her help in any way possible.

Her heart would be heavy, and her demeanor quite on edge. Her face would seem to be constantly screwed up in worry and her hand never far from the hilt of her khopesh as the rumours spread farther throughout the Sepat.

ROCK ON
\m/

Nivo

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 28 2013, 17:24 PM 

Player

In far off Kohlingen, the dream has a different meaning for the grey-haired magician and chosen of Ma'at.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 28 2013, 17:35 PM 

Player

The young and fair Sharessin's demeanor would noticeably change after that night. Though she had no inkling of the dream, as she was not Chosen, her thoughts were therefore focused upon the incoming horde. While Salema was still an impassioned and vibrant woman of her emotions, she was no stranger to hiding things when she needed to. An old hand at performing, perhaps.

Regardless the rhyme or reason, she had her best face on. Like Zarha, she worked to soothe the people in Djedet with her soft, charming voice and what words of wisdom she could offer. She was still a priestess, after all, regardless of which deity she worshiped, and sought to comfort where she could as was her nature.

To those that knew her better, they would note the drawn look hidden in her eyes despite her impish smiles. She was worried, clearly, and she could be seen idly playing with the emerald band around her left ring finger somewhat often. Prayers, though quiet as to not disturb others, would be overheard being softly given to Sharess, every now and then referred to as her original namesake of Bast. Even to the Eight she prayed, offering her heart to the goodly pantheon of her heritage as well as her sworn goddess. They were not prayers of desperation, only those of praise and entreatments for aid in their time of need.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 28 2013, 17:46 PM 

Player

Nefertari wakes and walks to the window, the sun has yet to come up on the horizon, she pushes the light netting from the window, her right hand lifting to touch the green feather marking her as a Chosen of Ma'at. The house she and Imhotep keep is close to the portal and she hears the disturbance, she quickly slips her robes on and grabs her rapier, her words as she leaves are of the more ancient Mulhorandi tongue, these call forth her guardian, the Greater Sphinx, Rashidi... As they approach she takes in the scene with a frown, while she continues her inspection, the sun crests the horizon.

As the people of the Khalem approach she helps Zahra and Salema keep them as organized as possible helping to calm any panic they might exhibit as best she can, lending her mundane healing skills for the more minor injuries they might have, arranging food for those in need of such.

After seeing to the portal and the disturbance, Rashidi moves off a bit so as to not interfere, he keeps a vigilant guard, his keen eyes never leaving Tari for long.

erroch

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 28 2013, 18:08 PM 

Player

Strangely absent last night was the blue robed Azuthian. For whatever reason he did not return from his evening visit back to Kohlingen. He returns briefly about midday and seems to go about his task with none of his usual enthusiasm. He is quiet in his work, speaking only enough to convey meaning. There are obvious bags under the man's eyes, and the tone of his voice is leaden. He seems rather oblivious to the news that the horde has come from the water as he helps work out the final required details of the box.

An astude observer might notice the complete lack of his pseudragon familiar and that he has made so many trips away via lay portal that by mid afternoon he has had to recharge his portal wand at least twice.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 28 2013, 20:00 PM 

Tester

As sleep overtook the Sekhry so did the dream.

The feather falling and pausing twirling about and "pointing" in different directions was strangely soothing. With each point he counted in this dreamworld "1-2-3-4-5".

*****************************************************************************************

He awakes with a vicious pounding on the door, wresting him from the peaceful sleep. He answers the door drawing the khopesh from beside the bed only to be greeted by guards frantically whispering the events with Thabit but moments before. To soothe the mans fears he tells him he has done well in his duty, that none could have predicted such from within.

((In his head he silently curses his former superior, for when he questioned about Thabit they assured him of his purity.))

He quickly dons his mithril and roughspun cloth tunic before donning the heavier plate, just sliding enchanted Lorica Segmentata of the Ma'at down above his head and taking comfort in the faint green glow of the Ma'at's divine principles etched into the armor itself.

He wakes his wife with a kiss and fills her in on the situation, asking her to comfort baby Braxis in the night and to make ready when she can.

Imhotep of House Osirant, Imakhu of Djedet is called for to use his divine blessings to speak (if possible) to the corpse of Thabit to discern whatever is possible. If the man was possessed he is told to be given a righteous burial at a later date and gentle repose cast on him now. If he is not the body is to be burned and scattered without ceremony as a pittance and forever distancing him from the Eight gods of the Mulhorand Pantheon.

The Sekhry than goes to the gates and greets those stragglers coming in with a blessing and a handshake to the men. Each is given the chance to pray before the Eight inside the Complex where the likeness were carved on stone in the blessed and warded sanctuary, this is also given to each militiamen, citizen and those already gathered.

From the hardiest of the hardy-folk he attempts to discern any information comparing it to the Tarzens, Yugoloths, Arcanoloths, and the other host that they have already been embattled against. He wishes to find out if the denizens are the same or lesser than before.

As is customary for the Sekhry he paints himself red in the morning. Though instead of leading the militia in drills he calls them off and the 1/2 militia is ordered to rest but ready on a moments notice and the other is to be on guard.

The mages and other magic and divine users of Djedet and the defenders are asked to send out their magics to watch the coastline and see what is coming, where its out, estimate its arrival time and the likes.

The Silverscales Warmaster is arranged a meeting with as well as the Shaman and the chief lietentants (leaders of factions) are sent to scheming battle plans for the obvious coming assault.

The druids are asked to use their various earth-shaping spells to create walls and trenches and the mages and clerics to meet together to best and most efficiently ward the defenders without useless overlap. Djedet is not the most defensible position available but the natural cliffs surrounding it should be warded and glyphed he believes.

Its predicted that Djedets walls are to feeble and small to defend from them. So plans must be made around it.

The Imakhu and the rest of the Tetrach governing body is called quickly for mid-morning meeting asking if they should use the dead inside the temples and awaken them as they were placed inside the tombs for to defend in case of immediate and definite threat. The Imakhu's judgement is taken most heavily on this.

Mahir turns toward the crow, knowing one of Talyne's more favored disguises and her piercing "blank" eyes. "Sister, I believe it time for you to join us." If she responds he would go on to have her and her animal companion dig into the cliff faces to to form warrens that are more defensible to possible get people to safety or to form up walls by collapsing some of the cliffs.

The caravan guides in the areas and their sand crawlers are likewise conscripted into service.

Mahir is in constant motion organizing battle plans. The mages, clerics and especially Jud are most knowledgeable of the denizens of Gehenna he pleads to know their weaknesses with as much haste as he can demand.

While still being a warm presence among the civilians his men and the lieutenants once more get to see the ferociously intelligent and aggressive battlefield commander. He commands and directs men individually and in a few cases the most intelligent and battle-ready are given battle commissions as sergeants to lead some of the less skilled, especially those coming in from the Oasis and Khalem. His personality and attitude radiates confidence and assurance.

As the de-facto leader of Djedet an apparent state of Martial Law has taken place.

Having maps already made of the entire isle he pours over them debating strategy and tactics.

Any of the slaves, (whom are owned by the Gods not men) who come in are met by Mahir, he talks to them privately out of earshot of everyone. Depending on their answer they are tasked to different duties.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 28 2013, 20:11 PM 

Tester

In short Mahir find the trustworthy and competent leaders among the people. Those who already had others listening, or the faction leaders etc, and delegating knowing full well the competence of a leader among leaders was their ability to delegate rationally, effectively and reasonably while still handling their own full weight.

He had tried to stir a spiritual movement within the city even going so far as to at times get some of the younger women whom are incapable of much of the heavy work to chant the lines of Ma'at from the high points. Blessing everyone and calling together that spirit of unity from the diverse groups of wetlanders, oasis dwellers, Folk of the Khalem, Silverscales and the Djedet citizens.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 01 2013, 7:14 AM 

Player

The raven simply stares at Mahir for a long moment, then takes off, winging it's way north without a reply. Nothing is seen of the bird for several hours, though an adolescent Sand Crawler does begin digging the suggested warrens in the cliffs.

---

Elsewhere, a young, though haggard woman appears from the palms fronds of the Oasis, wading out into the center of the pool, letting her simple linen dress billow around her. A line is cut across the seer's palm with her ever-present athame, and she lets her blood mingle with the waters. She begins a low, husky chant in Celestial, sending her senses through her lifeblood and spending several long, lonely hours in communion with nature and the spirits. She seeks out the enemy host through her visions, learning of it's strength, and searching out any weaknesses in the planar boundaries the Dark God may be inflicting nearby.

---

Sometime later, the soggy and slightly bloodied druidess shuffles her way back to the town, as sullen and silent as ever, her raven guise discarded. With a death-grip on her athame, she immediately begins a patrol of the perimeter of the village, gauging the flimsy walls. Though rarely one for overt displays of power, the aasimar sets to work immediately, conjuring sheets of water to saturate the many piles and drifts of ash. She channels her magic continuously, her rough, weary chanting at odds with the celestial language she prefers, the low droning soon permeating the tiny settlement. Large piles of mud and dirt are moved and shaped with elemental forces, until something resembling a rough wall encircles the town. Every spell is began with another cut on her palms or forearms, which are soon turned ragged. Blood stains her gown and mixes liberally with the mud and soil she shapes, and a pallor begins to set onto her otherwise dusty features. The endurance of the young woman is remarkable however, and each of the four cardinal points of the perimeter mud-wall are etched with an ankh and starburst sigil.

---

With her sigil's drawn, and perhaps to the consternation of the villagers, Talyne begins calling down long sheets of flame from the heavens, scorching and baking the mud drifts into something that might pass as crude stone walls with some imagination. Now bleeding liberally from the ritual cuts, she stumbles into the center of the town, but doesn't seem willing to stop just yet. Her bloodstained athame is used to draw a casting circle in the sand in the exact center of the town, and a simple white candle is lit at each cardinal point. A clean corner of her dress is used to wipe her arms and face, though she does nothing to heal the cuts. The druidess carefully anoints her forehead and the back of her hands with oil, and then takes a few minutes to gather her strength, sipping a bit of brandy from her silver hip flask. If she is approached with any concern for her well-being, she explains quietly;

"The magic of nature is one of balance. All that is asked of nature and the Gods must be returned in due time. The blood and pain is my sacrifice for those gifts, so that that their use isn't balanced later in ways unseen or undesired. Now is not the time to be tempting chance and fate."

She declines any offer of assistance and begins her last spell as the candles release their incense into the air, beginning a lengthy Hallowing of the town square on her hands and knees, with her forehead pressed to the sand in supplication. Her hoarse chanting in Celestial drones through the night, the seer's endurance and determination unwavering.

Glim

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 02 2013, 4:03 AM 

Player

The work of the priestesses among the people of Djedet and the new additions from the outlying areas does well to reassure them and though they still show evident worry, the outright fear and panic is expunged. In its place, a calm, resolute feeling begins to take root, as the people prepare both to defend their home, and to retreat should the threat prove too great.

After questioning the few refugees from Anara and Khalem, the Sekhry is able to determine with reasonable certainty that the horde which disappeared from the contestation at the River of Swords, has no come to the Alamber Sea in full force, almost as though they could sense the presence of all that could threaten them, having been gathered in one place. Perhaps, upon reflection, that was even their plan.

Being aware however of the reports of what the use of Divination magic can do to the wielder when one attempts to spy upon the forces of Anubis however, the Elders recommend against the Sekhry’s request of the priests and wizards among the townsfolk to scry the coastline. “Information is key, yes, but needlessly endangering our people will not aid us. Let us use the eyes of our scouts to confirm these frightened rumors, rather than weaken our own defenses,” they would say.

Though cliffs do surround the area in which Djedet rests, on the north, west and east sides to a large extent, the southern approach is entirely devoid of natural defenses. Knowing this, the few druids among the townsfolk and refugees focus their efforts there. With the help of the War Knight’s expertise in preparing a battlefield, and these efforts, some semblance of a defensive line begins to take shape across the southern approach.

As the Sekhry meets with the Tetrach on the matter of the tomb guardians, they seem to also defer largely to the Imakhus’ judgment, awaiting his thoughts on the matter before offering their own.

Crude walls of mud and ash now stand at all points around the town of Djedet in a rough perimeter, and the defenders and townsfolk alike find a renewed sense of reassurance as the ground is purified and blessed by the blood-stained druidess.

What had been a steady trickle of frightened refugees from the south and from the east, seems to be cut short. One hour... two... three hours go by since the last soul crosses the sand into the township, and it becomes increasingly evident that there may well be no one else coming.

NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 02 2013, 4:30 AM 

Player

The exhausted druid manages a few hours of sleep, simply lying there in the dirt spell circle after her long hours of incantation. After she wakes, she spends only the barest time needed to make herself presentable, wash and tend her wounds, and don a fresh robe. She would approach Mahir wherever he might be, and proceed to...stare awkwardly at him, until she has his full attention. Her words are brief: "We must speak."

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 02 2013, 4:34 AM 

Tester

Mahir and Talyne share a private conversation whenever they had a moment under the shade of a nearby palm.

Mahir continues to do what he had been doing. Prepping the region for war, calming the citizens, and trusting his faith through prayers. Every citizen and refugee is given a weapon. None are left without.

Food having been stockpiled massively from the Shrine and Kohlingen during the last threat is passed out as needed. There being many thousands of pounds over what is needed for a extended siege the food is still rationed to maintain order.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 02 2013, 5:07 AM 

Player

With an arrow, Talyne draw a rough map of the region in the sand under the palm tree, gesturing to it as she speaks, her tone hushed so as not to carry, lest anyone hear her worry.

"They swarm from all sides, Mahir. The waters of the ocean all the way around Khem are choked full of creatures. They are without number. No direction is safe, they flow like locusts even over the cliffs to our north. To try and pick one direction to defend against is futile. We...cannot win Mahir. Not against what I have seen. Those that didn't make it here are dead, consumed by the swarm. At best, we can only buy time before we too are devoured. Our only chance is to destroy or purify Anubis himself. How, I know not. I cannot cast my Sight onto him. If we cannot do so before we are overrun, we will have to abandon this island if we wish to preserve our own souls. I will see if the Fey Crossroads can be used as the people's last way out. Beyond that, I've exhausted all I know how to do."

The druidess bows her head, her worry showing only in her eyes, the rest of her face a sullen mask.

CelestialDante

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 02 2013, 5:31 AM 

Player

*A letter is sent to the Sehkry*
Quote:
Sehkry

As per your request the honoured dead will be risen in this dire time. Ofcourse we should be respectful to the dead though they will understand that these are desperate times. I would gladly take your opinion and sound tactical judgement as to where they should be positioned on the battlefield. I will instruct them to your wishes.

I will be offering what slaves the church has here the choice of if they will head to your command in battle, failing that they may continue their ordinary duties as best they can.

Imakhu Imhotep of House Osirant

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 02 2013, 5:33 AM 

Tester

"I know" He puts his hand on her shoulder "I know, this is why we must get the portal to Gehenna and us chosen spill inside to redeem him with haste."

He goes to the Silverscale encampment where the Shamaness and Aoth and others had been working on it trying to configure it correctly and checks on progress.

The Imakhu is told to ready them and have them bury themselves in the sand near the cliffs. When waves of attackers are fought they are to rise up and fight from the attackers backsides.

The slaves who are willing to take up arms, knowing full well freedom is not an option due to culture and the likes, are given weapons and some rudimentary training. Most of these were farm laborers and are strong backed and strong armed and use to toiling physically. The others are sent to their usual duties.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next