View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
That Guy

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 20 2016, 21:30 PM 

Player

Deputy Mayor Flynn can be seen putting posters up in Bendir Dale.
Quote:
The Autumnal Equinox is nearly upon us!

Attention citizens of Bendir Dale:

On Sunday, 25 Eleint, at 7 in the evening according to Eastern reckoning we will celebrate The Festival of the Moon.

During this festival, there will be customary food and drink, a Remembrance Ceremony, and a Martial Skills Tournament with the winner receiving a prize, hand picked by our lovely Mayor. Immediately following the festivities, if enough folk aren't too sleepy from aforementioned food and drink, a "Capture the Flag" Team Event will take place.

Schedule of Events:

7 in the Evening: Meet and greet, food and drink
7:30 Remembrance Ceremony, for those unaware, this is a time to reflect on those who have fallen in protection of our community.
8:00 Martial Tournament in reverence to Arvoreen, The Defender (see rules below)
As stated, following the naming of our Champion of the Games for this year's Festival of the Moon, there will be a Capture the Flag Event for those interested. This will be a team event.

These festivities are open to all halflings and residents of Bendir Dale, please, no outside guests, as this venerates our Deities.

Rules of the Tournament:
-Healing during the bout, using spell, kit, potion, or gizmo, is not allowed.
-This is a martial bout, there will be no magic used, no potions, no scrolls, no wands, no wards of any kind. If deemed necessary, all combatants will be asked to completely rest and end any wards on their persons.
-During the bout, no abilities other than those of a martial status are to be used. IE: No Shadowdancing, no Breath Weapons, No Divine interventions, No smiting, Nor any other Innate abilities unrelated to skill with a weapon, armor, or shield. This tournament is to venerate Arvoreen, known for his skill in arms.
-Any questions about these rules can be directed to Deputy Mayor Flynn.

Please Note: This tournament is not about who can use the dirtiest tactics, use the most magic, who has the fanciest baubles, the most wands, or the best written scrolls. It's about celebrating a great warrior, Arvoreen with a demonstration of martial skill. The intent is not to exclude people, but to show that as the people he defends, we are capable warriors and to demonstrate the martial skill within our own community.

Last edited by That Guy on Wed, Sep 21 2016, 2:14 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 21 2016, 1:26 AM 

Player

A chultan male reads the post and comments...

"Great. I've been looking for a chance to show off my martial techniques."

He then coughs and walks away.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 21 2016, 1:27 AM 

Player

Brother Davion submits a small query, asking if monastic abilities and feats of strength related to unarmed prowess are considered "martial", as powers commonly denoted as "Ki" ["The common name I've seen in my travels", he notes] are not inherently magical, and many of them arise due to feats and disciplines of overwhelming physical, spiritual and mental discipline. Many of them, depending on the discipline and Order of the warrior involved can involve weapons or bare fists, leading to a bit of confusion about the intended idea behind the rules.

That Guy

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 21 2016, 2:07 AM 

Player

Flynn responds to Davion's query with a copy of a section of the original poster.
Quote:
These festivities are open to all halflings and residents of Bendir Dale, please, no outside guests, as this venerates our Deities.

"Silly tallers, if they read it the first time, would have saved all the questions..."

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 21 2016, 4:17 AM 

Player

Davion sends a short letter of acknowledgement back to Flynn.

Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 21 2016, 6:17 AM 

Player

On a poster in Bendir Dale, an open letter is posted, saying the tournament would likely end better for everyone if anyone could participate, and spells were allowed.

"Better for everyone" is strongly emphasized. The letter is in common.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Cratz

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 21 2016, 12:46 PM 

Player

Commie wrote:
On a poster in Bendir Dale, an open letter is posted, saying the tournament would likely end better for everyone if anyone could participate, and spells were allowed.

"Better for everyone" is strongly emphasized. The letter is in common.

*a simple note is tacked by an elf in white*

I can't believe someone's getting upset because the hinfolk are trying to have some time for themselves. For their deities. If you want to go have a dick-waving contest with your "martial skills," go somewhere else.

Jes

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 21 2016, 14:08 PM 

DM

Messages from non-citizens which are posted publicly are removed by the copper-hin Militia Captain. A nondescript note is placed in their stead.

Any complaints, threats, suggestions, whining, concerns, or tantrums from people who won't be participating can be directed to me, care of the Hinn Inn. Please show some courtesy during our religious festivities. If you feel slighted, don't be. We're not excluding you on a personal level. Or even a professional level. It's not exclusion at all. In fact, we might even be cruelly targeting our own kin by forcing them to potentially face Toby in martial combat.

But thank you for your feedback! I look forward to warming my feet with more of it!

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

That Guy

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 21 2016, 14:27 PM 

Player

As Flynn was about to remove the threatening note, he notices Pebbles already removed it, and he smirks at her response. He then asks the guards on duty overnight for the description of the person leaving the threatening letter.

That Guy

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 25 2016, 17:33 PM 

Player

Flynn goes about the Dale, inside the walls, updating the notices with new ones, placing one on the Town Hall, another in the Hin Inn, another near the stalls across the bridge, and another near the residential area.

That Guy

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 25 2016, 22:34 PM 

Player

// about a half hour from now!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]