View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
That Guy

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 24 2016, 19:03 PM 

Player

This will be a message board of reports, and notices coming from the Bendir Dale Watch Marshall, currently Ally Talley. This board is private, only those who have access to the Town Hall of Bendir can read them, and it is not open for discussion or debate as the postings are under constant watch from the citizens and locals of Bendir Dale.

That Guy

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 24 2016, 19:18 PM 

Player

Quote:

24 Ches, 1384

Dear Citizens of Bendir Dale,

During this trying time of losing one of our own, I'm sure I don't need to elaborate on the other issues passing around on the island. Yet, I feel I must address them.

Dicey's passing.

Firstly, make no mistake, Dicey was not killed in battle, nor was he beaten by any horde. No, he willingly gave himself to save the lives of several children and our own Lily. This was an act of heroism and selflessness that will not be forgotten. To aid in the closure necessary for his passing on to the Green Fields, I have asked our Mayor to conduct a Remembrance Celebration. Details to follow.

The Acts of the Elves and the current Messages and Postings concerning them.

As the Marshall, it is my duty to ensure the safety and security of our people. In doing that, not only your physical safety is at risk, but your emotional as well. I wish for every citizen of Bendir Dale to be able to lay their head down each night secure in the knowledge they and their kin are indeed, safe. This is my duty to you.

The acts committed by our neighbors, a select group of them no less, are certainly atrocious. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and that actions beget consequences. That said, those that were named, are already unwelcome on our lands, save one. I will be looking into the situation to see if it is deemed necessary to revoke his priveleges as well. Please note, we as a community are not getting involved in this fight. I see it escalating into something we don't wish to be a part of. Too many are sniping at the Elves as it is, and they are in return, examining the situation. I implore you to not turn to the petty childishness I have witnessed in past days. Instead, allow the Elves to repair their own mistakes and correct those that are committing these acts among themselves. Were this a problem with residents of our own community, I would ask that they allowed us to deal with it as well. So I feel they are owed that at least.

All this being stated, any act of violence done against our people will be investigated, and proper actions taken. I will not tolerate murderers on our lands. I will not allow such to come near our children, our aged, and our friends. No one should live in fear in their own home, and I will be the first to stand up and fight to keep Bendir Dale safe. However, I will not condone jumping on this bandwagon of hatred that I see rolling toward Winya Ravana. I encourage you, my kin to not join in this fight. Allow the Elves to seek their own solution.

Thank you,

Marshall Ally Talley

That Guy

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 30 2016, 13:52 PM 

Player

Quote:
30 Ches, 1384

As all of you are keenly aware, the Skull Crags Volcano is active once again. We have had a meeting with Malandria and Fey'ana of the Grove and after inspection they assured us this is simply a natural occurrence and quite mild in it's power at this time. They predict the volcano will not overflow and we are in no imminent danger of eruption. However, the ash is a problem. Please, keep your faces covered when you can to avoid breathing it, and try to sweep it away from walks and gardens. Certainly this will be a trying time for our crops, but, we will get past this and we will persevere.

Your very own Bendir Dale Watch has been keeping eyes on the Volcano. Most of what is reported is increased numbers of adventurers trying to find out what is going on. Most turn around and leave quickly enough. Yesterday, for approximately an hour, lava did spew into the air a bit more, creating a shower of stones, falling like hail in the surrounding area. After that time, the volcano quieted again.

I reiterate, Bendir Dale appears to be in no imminent danger, and the Watch is maintaining patrols should that condition change.

Yondalla bless you all,

Marshall Ally Tally

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]