View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
robbi320

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 18 2019, 19:00 PM 

Player

A copy of this would be found on bulletin boards across the Isle, in various places around Cordor, and Tarkuul. While the ones in Tarkuul and Cordor would be hung by the red-kin himself, the rest would simply be up to the discretion of paid scribes and couriers, and thus likely wouldn't oppose local laws.

Most honorable citizens of the Isle of Amia,Today, a multitude of adventurers have done multiple achievements in the defense of the people of Cordor. One of these achievements was repelling a large-scale attack of demons against the Southern District of Cordor. Now, this was simple enough, for the group assembled.
However, a dispute arose when the leader of these demons finally faltered against the combined might of adventurers. A kobold, a monster by all accounts, stole the defensive implement the demon had. Even after survivors had been rescued, and the district was deemed safe, it refused to give up the defensive item, a small cube. It claimed that it wanted to be sure that the item was destroyed. When, however, a multitude of both priests and mages offered up their services to study and destroy the cube, it refused. Additionally, when multiple adventurers suggested to deal with the cube in the fashion that most adventurers preferred, that being a fair roll of the dice, the grubby little kobold, once again, refused.

After a while of the kobold refusing to even let someone else so much as hold the cube, the little monster ran off, keeping the cube. The members of the Cordorian Guard, rather than dealing with the thief, preferred to accuse those of us that tried to stop it, with the mildest means neccessary, of attempted murder. Rather than helping to stop the thief, they preferred it to run off. The name of said thief was Soren Celver, and the entire event was witnessed by a rather large crowd of adventurers.

For this incident, I want justice. If the Cordorian Authorities, like a certain guard had claimed, actually seek justice as well, I will be content to pay the person who brings the thief in to the City of Water for justice fifty thousand gold crowns.
If the Cordorian Guard however, as they did earlier today, prefer to defend the thief, and claim he is worthy to be an exception, claiming that that particular monster should not be banned, as all other monsters are from Cordor, I am afraid they neglect their job of ensuring law and order. Should this be the case, or one would prefer to deal with me, and the Living City of Tarkuul directly, I will pay them seventy-five thousand crowns for him to be brought to judgement in Tarkuul.

Just be warned, it is small, and, if he is capable of anything, it is decent at running away. In addition, it seems to have a decent amount of potions of invisibility. Should an attempt to capture him alive be impossible, I will also pay seventy-five thousand crowns for proof of his death.
For all I care, at this point, anyone who manages to catch him can consider the cube as an additional reward.

If anyone has any questions, concerns, or issues, seek me out in Tarkuul, or leave me a note.

Good hunting!
Alexander MacKay

PuresoulX2

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 19 2019, 2:21 AM 

Player

A copy in cordor is taken by Cordorian Guard Kyra

"May have some questioning to do" she murmured

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 20 2019, 1:58 AM 

Player

*A reply is left*

Being a small part in what transpired, I have me own view. First and foremost I was saddened and disappointed that some Artifact was more important than South Cordor and it's people in the aftermath of such a horrific event. Many thanks to those who came in aide and actually searched through the South District trying to help those in need in the aftermath.

That being said, and in addition that it was a known cowardly act that took place. It was a sneak attack on unexpecting commercial district. It was not a Adventure Band and an accord of unsaid rules that we follow when forming hunting pacts and targeting prey. If anything, the device belongs to Cordor. Cordor was the target and I feel the true and rightful owner of such a device. I was most disappointed to see Soren's actions. But ye self tried to claim the cube in Tarkuul's name. Threats of death were made towards him. In some small way I can nay blame him for fleeing in fear for his life when being cornered by three or more foes.

I am nay a fool. Folks of Tarkuul can try and claim Neutrality and hide behind laws of good community's or unsaid laws of Adventurers. But in the end. I know you don't give two shites about Cordor or its people. Your plea for weak justice will fall on deaf ears Alexander MacKay.

Soren Cleaver

If ye be in need of Sanctuary. Seek me out. We can try and resolve this with diplomacy and not blood shed. Ye have me word.

*Signed*
E'Milliah Emberwatch

Gobo-kobo

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 20 2019, 13:00 PM 

Player

A message in flamboyant handwriting was left in Cordor
The item in question offers a mild protection against fire - two to three times weaker than the
evo
cation of the 4th circle known as Elemental shield and a minor addition to one's armor -
the same amo
unt a conjuration of the 1st circle known as Mage Armor offers.

You people are acting as if a Nether scroll was found and stolen. One would expect more from
people who ha
ve Archmage as their leader. Now that I revealed to you what the item does, try
to replic
ate it. If you do not know how, perhaps a monetary reward can be offered to competent
wizard wh
o can do the job.

~ Zavulon

robbi320

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 20 2019, 13:57 PM 

Player

A reply is tacked below Zaluvon's note.

Honorable Zavulon, Most honorable onlookers,Interesting. I hadn't actually known what the particular item was. However, it still presents the same problem. Items, even ones with rather meagre benefits, tend to score a rather high value. Thus, claiming "it simply casts weak spells" is inaccurate. That is beyond the fact that an item like that, coming possible from the Infinite Abyss, would likely have a tremendous value to any scholars who would study it. And lastly, as was discussed as well, there is a possibility an item such as that could pose a threat to the safety of the people of the Isle.
This, in the end, is also why I ended up claiming it for Tarkuul, for the mages of the Magisterium to study it, and find out whether it posed a danger. As said, the kobold refused all offers of study, even from other reputable mages, leading me to believe the monsters talk of "possible danger" was simply a ruse to keep the item.

That said, of course, I can't say an item of power, especially one of, at the time, unknown amount of power, doesn't interest me. It is why I suggested applying the standard adventuring protocol to it. It is done so whenever a great beast is felled, and an item of power or value is discovered, that a simple die is rolled, and the one with the highest result gets to keep said item. At least, it is done so in most upright circles, not snatched up. If at least the kobold had scored the killing blow, I could understand it, but as it stands, the kobold had just as much claim to it as any other.

Finally, it no longer is a matter of the value of the cube. A theft occurred, the kobold took an item that wasn't decidedly his, and I demand justice for this. As it stands, the City of Cordor seems to at least have taken up investigations. Otherwise, the bounties still stand.

Alexander MacKay

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 20 2019, 14:30 PM 

Player

A woman in black robes brazenly adorned with the symbol of Velsharoon let out an audible sigh reading through the notices, leaving a response;

Were the cube in anyway responsible or involved in the creation of the gateway that allowed a small army of outsiders into the district, there would be dormant energy surrounding the relic left over from the casting or expending the energy within, anyone sufficiently trained in spellcraft would have been able to discern this immediately. The cube is a meager relic no greater than those dropped by creatures of similarly epic powers.

However, the Magisterium is always eager to replicate the crafting of powerful relics, evidenced by our recreation of the popular Ioun stones and welcomes openly - and without hostility or bounties - the chance to study the relic in depth that such can be recreated without the repeated endangering of ones life for the meager chance of finding one.

- Necromaster Jarshall

Hand of the Living City

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Budly

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 20 2019, 20:07 PM 

Player

A dark figure places a note right over the others.

Who the Fiddles say you have the right to that cube? Tarkuulian bastards. Sod off before you chew more than you can eat, is your grand magus even back from the ritual or did he die in it like the Gnome? Sacrificing himself?

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

robbi320

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 27 2019, 12:50 PM 

Player

Underneath the original post, an addendum is tacked.

Most honorable citizens of the Isle of Amia,so far, this bounty has not yet been claimed. In addition, I have not yet heard back from Cordor whether they have taken up any sort of investigation either. Thus, I am raising the bounty. Two-hundred thousand pieces of gold to anyone who can bring Soren to the Living City, or who can bering me proof of his death, shall he be too evasive to capture alive.

Until Cordor puts out information that they consider him a criminal, that bounty is waived.

Alexander MacKay

That Guy

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 27 2019, 13:06 PM 

Player

A note is scribbled and tacked up by a wild haired elven woman in black... some shadowy tendrils trail behind her as she leavesTwo hundred grand? Fuck... I can get that from a lot of sources, and none of those will put me on a wanted poster. Raise it by a zero or two and you might get some action.

Jes

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 27 2019, 13:30 PM 

DM

Notices of this bounty are removed within the city of Cordor, due to their unlawful nature. Anyone seen putting more notices up calling for murder or unauthorized apprehension risk being arrested by the guards.

Any questions about the matter receive the same response: that it is being investigated by those with the authority to do so.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

That Guy

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 27 2019, 13:42 PM 

Player

*an elven woman saunters by where the notices where and snickers*

robbi320

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 27 2019, 15:40 PM 

Player

The notices in Cordor would seem to stay down, for the time being, at least.

However, if the note from the elven woman be posted outside of Cordor, an answer would be left beneath it.

The bounty, if you haven't read the whole notice, is not for some civilized being. It is for a little, gubby kobold, who decided to forgo any semblance of civility and simply pick up something that by objective measure did not belong to it. It stole the cube and ran away with it.

A simple theft, no matter who perpetrated it, hardly deserves a multi-million bounty, especially not if committed by some lowly kobold. Maybe if, say, Adam Fairchild had committed the offense, it would be worth a few million. But Soren? No, far from it.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 27 2019, 17:25 PM 

Player

*A reply is left*

Alexander MacKay and any known associates are here by banned from Emberwatch Industries Trading Post for the time being. Further more, any found to collect or try and collect on the afore mentioned bounty upon Soren will earn themselves a lifetime ban as well. Resend your bounty and take the posters down or I may be forced to offer one of my many fine artifacts or the sum of five million gold lions for the capture, trial and possible imprisonment for your unlawful ways. This alledged theft happened on Cordor's soil, it is a Cordorain matter. Let us leave this in there hands. This all could have been solved with diplomacy but your threats of violence echo your bruised ego.

*Signed*
E'Milliah Emberwatch

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 27 2019, 17:40 PM 

Player

*a certain druidess is seen unusually often in Cordor these days to read the daily messages, seeming highly entertained by them*

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 28 2019, 3:27 AM 

Player

Legate Alexander,

This charade has gone on long enough.

- Necromaster Jarshall

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 28 2019, 11:36 AM 

Player

A reply is left underneath Milly's posting, and one copy is posted in Cordor once more.
So far, the City of Cordor, beyond accusing me of "attempted murder" for trying to protect property that was stolen, has refused to even offer any statement that they are investigating it. Recently, they have apparently even removed the discussion of the matter from the public, and they refuse to rescind a thief's authorization to enter the city, despite the fact that Soren is a little more than a common monster, and this theft has little more than shown his corrupt character.

That you, E'Milliah, have come in, defending this thief from justice, and mention something of a "trial" without even having any sort of authority or affiliation with an authority claiming to dole out justice, shows how much you care about justice. Perhaps your plan is to deliver me to Cordor, who has so far neither declared me, nor Soren, a criminal? Meet me in Cordor, I'll be happy to meet you there, and collect in my own bounty for myself. Cordor, so far, is slow to act, and seems to be refusing to take a stance on this matter.
However, as this theft occurred in the presence of multiple officials of Tarkuul, and they are at least one of the aggrieved parties, this is also a Tarkuulian matter. Thus, until Cordor decides to act upon the accusations of theft, I will consider it as a matter for the Living Guard, not too unlike how you have decided to place a bounty on me, without any form of authority to back up your claim of "justice".

Sir Alexander MacKay

In addition, outside of Cordor, there seems to be an additional posting.

The bounty is hereby updated to half a million gold coin on Soren. In addition, another bounty is placed upon E'Milliah Emberwatch, two million golden coins and a Pink and Green Ioun stone (+2 Cha).

Alexander MacKay

That Guy

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 28 2019, 11:45 AM 

Player

*an elven woman hooded and garbed in black and red sees the new notices and laughs audibly*

"This fucker is digging in deep. Anyone got some popcorn?"

Yimmi

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 28 2019, 11:46 AM 

Player

*A moustached man that happens to come to the city to deliver some letter sees the post... Takes his time to analyze it and shakes his head before going on with his daily activities*

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 28 2019, 23:12 PM 

Player

*A reply is left to the posters across all avenues of settlements*

Alexander MacKay,

Cordor has far more pressing matters than to indulge ye petty vendetta. Ye speak of Monsters but only need to look forth into a mirror to see the true monster in all of this. Ye called for honorable citizens to do violence and your dirty work in your name. The true signs of a coward. Ye are starting to sound as if you speak for Tarkuul. Ye own fellow Tarkuulian even called ye out for a Charade that this is and in kind ye show insubordination. With ye own words ye may have to face Tarkuulian justice for over stepping your bounds. Being someone from the City of Knowledge, you would expect that you would be able to comprehend what I said. I never placed a Bounty on ye. A simple threat that I hoped would curb your lust for violence. I am not sure ye know how this game is played. Ye comical offer of a Bounty on me, that is far less than my proposed bounty on ye if you continued down this path shows ye be out of ye element. I never intended to actually offer a Bounty on ye. My Artifacts and coin are far more worth one of ye's such stature. Ye claim I have no right in this matter, but ye be far wrong. My right as a Helmite is the only shield I need. I doubt you have the stones to admit who ye truly Follow.

But if it be a dance ye wish with me, all ye had to do was ask dragonfly. I'll be ye huckleberry. I look forward to clipping your wings and knocking your phallus in the dirt. But be forewarned, I am an expensive date so do make sure to bring plenty of coin to wager. It has been some time since I hosted Emberwatch Nights at the Arena in West Cordor. Ye be the perfect mark to get back in business. Since ye likes to play at cherades, a duel be a grand way to end this game ye started. I will of course have to find other avenues of entertainment, but i assure ye will get your candle light and be the main event. I'm sure that will stroke your enormous ego. I will hold a charity event in honor of the victims of South Cordor giving all proceeds to the familes that have been affected and to help rebuild what was destroyed. Let me know if this suits your fancy and i can start preparing. Perhaps a week or two from this day we can have that dance?

*Signed*
E'Milliah Emberwatch

Last edited by Impknightofireland on Wed, Aug 28 2019, 23:19 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 28 2019, 23:17 PM 

Player

Richard_Edmund wrote:
Legate Alexander,

This charade has gone on long enough.

- Necromaster Jarshall

*Hundreds of copies seem to find there way across the isle and beyond*

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]