View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 24 2016, 18:08 PM 

Player

Hello there, my lovelies!

Recently we've all had a discussion about the development team and just how many hands we've got in the pot. And...it's not enough! Upkeeping the server is a large process behind the scenes, and can't be done efficiently with so few able hands to go around.

We ask that if you have any expertise with or the desire to learn about the Aurora Toolset, Area Development, Scripting (Java or other), Testing, Balance, Mobs/Encounters, Modeling, please step forward and contact any of your friendly neighborhood DMs via PM and we'll get you sent along to the Developers to have a look at.

We ask for examples of your work if you have any, or that you specify what exactly you endeavor to learn so that we can sort out a small project to get you started on.

We look forward to your feedback!

~ Sam

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Thu, May 04 2017, 20:28 PM 

Player

Dear Amians,

we would like to remind you that we still need more help in shaping the world you all love!

This is however also a small remider to send a sample of your work/skill along with your application. As we mostly need to judge your work and not your person, we cannot realistically decide on your application without any samples of your skill, so the adding of a sample work is a requirement for your application to be reviewed.

Be creative and show us what you're offering!

Amarice

Herr Delta Houdini

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 05 2017, 13:50 PM 

Player

Hey everyone. I might be able to lend effort, I'm just a bit apprehensive. I have experience using Python, C and C++ for programming (I've dabbled a bit in scripting in NWN using C, but it's not really substantial at all what I've done with that specifically).
I have used the toolset extensively over the years, but most of what I know is generally what I've picked up through tinkering with it.

What types of samples would be expected to be seen? I.E working scripts from the toolset? etc.
This isn't really an official "pass me along" so-to-speak, I'm just trying to get a more in depth gauge of what is expected.
I'm a student and Java is a language I'll have to learn in the next 2 years, so I'm open to exposing myself to that (and others if required), plus I cleared assignments using C++ at the highest grade this year.

I'm quite good at applying myself to coding, so if I need to get myself more up to scratch with Amian standards, I could probably get focused on that over the coming weeks and maybe make a formal application to join the team following that.

san

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 23 2017, 20:01 PM 

Player

Id be happy to have a stab at areas, been about 10 years since i really made anything though and scripting is quite rusty.. I have included a link for a preview vid i did for my own PW called Caledonia. This was built and scripted by from scratch. Im just really bummed out that I don't have and of the data anymore... Could even tell you which haks i used.. lol.. anyway, the offer is there..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbgO2UjORW8

PrinceofallThayans

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 24 2018, 16:06 PM 

Player

Put me to work!

Magiros

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 07 2018, 17:17 PM 

Player

I could work on areas and scripting. (Once I learn the latter a bit more.)

How do I apply, send a PM with formal application... Showcase what little work I already have done?

Kamina

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 30 2018, 18:18 PM 

Player

Magiros wrote:
I could work on areas and scripting. (Once I learn the latter a bit more.)

How do I apply, send a PM with formal application... Showcase what little work I already have done?

PM any DM/dev with a mini portfolio of stuff you can do, some pictures are cool!

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 26 2019, 0:01 AM 

DM

This was bound to come up as we got closer to EE. I need more area designers to torment. If you have any decent area designing experience, send me a PM with screenshots or descriptions of projects you've done.

If you have zero experience, but would like to learn in order to contribute to Amia, then I encourage you to open up the Toolset and make some areas to play with. I'll give you some tips:

• Placeables you put down for decoration need to be marked as Static.
  • NPCs need to be marked as Plot.
  • Resrefs can be changed, but don't ever leave them as area001 or anything so generic. Whatever you put down for the area name when you first create the area in the Area Wizard will become the resref.
  • Changing the Audio/Visual settings can make some very interesting differences in atmosphere and mood.
  • Have fun with it!

When you open the Toolset, set up the haks in the module properties so that they're in this order:

amia_v3e_top2
amia_v3d_top
amia_v3c_tile1
amia_v3c_tile2
amia_v3_plc
amia_v3b_crea
amia_v3b_items
amia_v3b_rest
amia_v3b_a
amia_v3b_b
amia_v3b_c
amia_v3b_d
amia_v3_music
amia_v3_override
amia_v3_skyboxes

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Flayeriv

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 07 2019, 1:00 AM 

Player

Hey there!

If this post is still valid, I'd be interested to learn and offer support. I have a LOT of free time these days and it'd be nice to give back to the community that gave me lots of joy in my younger years.