View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
CrazyCatLady

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 22 2015, 2:45 AM 

Player

Arizima, when free of her other duties, often visits the temple and volunteers in any manner required, from assisting in advanced healing processes to simple tasks as cleaning bed pans and changing bed linens.

Kudark

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 24 2015, 19:14 PM 

Player

The ranger of the Grove, that has been hanging around, appears to be volunteering some of his time now, and is on the grounds more frequently. The man offers his help wherever he's needed, informing them of his limited skills in healing, and use of field kits. Assuming they put his muscles to work, Crow would do any physical labor asked of him, as well. He does this work saying very little to anyone, and keeping to himself for the most part. Aside from this work, he would also seem to spend no small amount of time within an office in the Recovery Ward.

That Guy

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 03 2015, 14:46 PM 

Player

A group of halflings, one, wearing black being carried, accompanied by a mostly naked man who looks carved from the very stone, and another man wearing blue and silver arrive at the Salandran Temple. The unconscious halfling in black is ladid on a bed and the man in blue begins checking him over. After checking in a book and advising his friends, the man in blue recites an incantation over the halfling in black, and he regains consciousness, though still groggy. All but one halfling lass leave. The next morning, the man in blue arrives to check on his patient.

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 03 2015, 17:18 PM 

Player

Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

Dru, being a regular at the Salandran grounds for some months now, would inquire if he could offer any assistance. As well as offer his expertise in herbal remedies and a variety of teas depending on the condition of the patient. He would also offer a soothing tea to any visitors of the injured Hin in black.

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar

That Guy

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 03 2015, 17:24 PM 

Player

*The man in blue, known as Chance to most, would say that the hin will be just fine. He should be able to go home at this point, maybe just some rest. It would appear Chance has significant medical training and experience in such things. He would accept a cup of tea with a kind smile though.*

Madam_Jingles

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 08 2015, 1:14 AM 

Player

A slight panic seems to take over the temple's residents, as the mental ward cell is opened, and only a tub of water remains within...
The murderous halfling genasi has escaped.

Because it only happens in Cordor Kohlingen Bendir.

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 15 2015, 17:17 PM 

Player

Dru continues to be seen about the Salandran grounds. He can be seen tending to the local herbs, mixing up potions and powders used by the nurses and physicians, working with the physicians as they make their rounds and generally offering his assistance with anything needed by the staff.

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar

CrazyCatLady

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 16 2015, 6:28 AM 

Player

The figures of Crow, Rania and Jovianne are seen entering the temple's General Care ward. In Crow's arms is the unresponsive form of a certain gnome. After being placed upon a bed and assessed, he is admitted but no anticipated date of discharge nor recovery hopes are given.

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 16 2015, 17:28 PM 

Player

The incoming portal effects are not even finished as Dru runs to the recovery ward. The noise from heavy war boots and clanking heavy armor can be heard as he searches. While the staff would recognize him it's clear he's not concerned about disturbing those recovering as he skids around corners and careens off a wall with a heavy thud in his hurried search.

Upon finding the gnome he casts a protection from evil spell upon the form. His voice still tired from almost twenty four hours of continual prayer sounds rough and he's slightly out of breath. "We need to move him. Is there a warded room here, some place that has locking doors, somewhere away from.... everyone else?"

CrazyCatLady

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 16 2015, 17:39 PM 

Player

Rania, who would be sitting beside the gnome's bed and playing on her mandolin a very soothing, almost too faint to hear melody would spring to her feet at the sound of Dru's entrance so fast her chair would fall backwards, clattering noisily to the ground. She draws back the mandolin, ready to swing it at the first to approach the gnome's bed and lowers it only when she recognizes the distraught male. There is a pause the space of a single heartbeat as she stares at him in unveiled surprise before she quickly asks, "What is it and how can I help?"

Grymia

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 16 2015, 17:55 PM 

Player

"Can you explain what's going on? Tuomas isn't fully back to snuff but if there's an emergency I think I can help guide him along." says the voice of his pixie familiar , Nama.

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 16 2015, 18:17 PM 

Player

Dru would stutter to a stop in great relief that his fears were incorrect! And instead he just collapses into a nearby chair.

Grymia

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 17 2015, 3:47 AM 

Player

Tuomas before going to sleep would seem more responsive.

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 17 2015, 8:55 AM 

Player

It wasn't long before the toll of the recent events in the Amian Frontier claimed another participant of that ill fated day. After a sudden collapse Dru is afforded the expert care of Evander and Abbey.

Dru wins himself a bed in the recovery ward not far from Tuomas. He also gets to enjoy one of Evanders famous teas... peppermint/ feverfew.

Still it seems the young man is a driven individual or perhaps bored and clearly a terrible patient. Because it's not long before he's out wandering the grounds and soon after whisked off via portal in the company of a famous bard and a lady mage.

Grymia

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 17 2015, 18:57 PM 

Player

Tuomas had checked himself out of the Salandran Temple, having rested sufficiently to fully recover his faculties from his brief encounter with catatonia.

LeathanKayne

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 18 2015, 1:47 AM 

Player

[Evander looks over patient logs, seeing all the various people checking out 'far too soon', he thought. Shaking his head in light annoyance, but knowing what Amia and its residents were capable of. He hadn't been back long, but it already seemed like business as usual.]

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 20 2015, 19:12 PM 

Player

Bad patient, Dru, leaves notes for the Salandran clerics or speaks to them in person should they be available.

Sisters and Brothers in healing - I am in need of supplies for the haggard, brave northmen of Caraigh. They are in need of bandages, medicinal alcohol, numbing paste, herbal remedies for healing & stopping infections, wound stitching materials and anything else you can think of for wounds gained in battle.

I have given what I had on hand but the attacks suffered in Caraigh are nightly and high quality supplies for natural healing are of the essence.

Sincerely,
Dru

Blue Moon

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 20 2015, 19:29 PM 

Player

*Jovianne would see the notice and begin packing her field bag before she was halfway done reading it. She pens a reply.*

Dru,

I am but an acolyte, but I will do my best to help you with all of that.

~Jovianne

"[SocksOnFeet] Arabella Amakiir: [Talk] That girl got buns, hon. "

DireCorbie

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 23 2015, 0:27 AM 

Player

A pair of battle-worn moon elves in fanciful (but torn and bloodied) clothing are assisted into the ward with the help of one of the temple guards.

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 23 2015, 0:52 AM 

Player

Mister Dru,

I currently assist the likes of the Asylum past Cyrene's Mill when I am not working rounds in the temple. I can easily transfer some supplies of my own across the journey. If you would like to discuss any other matters, send for me here or at the Asylum.

-Nurse Teuivae Fenner-Illith'vir

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 24 2015, 17:05 PM 

Player

Nurse Teuivae Fener-Illith'vir,

Thank you for your kind response. I'll stop by the Asylum, if you don't mind, to meet in person. I would appreciate your insight regarding the local towns folk. As well as coordinate our efforts for their care.

Kelemvors blessings,
~Dru

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 24 2015, 18:47 PM 

Player

*A response is swiftly sent for the Kelemvorite*

Mister Dru,

I would love to meet with you in person if you so desire. The woes of Caraigh's people are much more permeant than I had initially imagined and as such, I'm positive we could always use extra assitsstance.

I have two small precauntionary tips before you travel to meet me here. Do not, under any circumstances, attempt magic of any kind around the common townsfolk. I would suggest you wear simple garb that bears no significant symbols or crests. These people are very weary of outsiders. Secondly, do your best to prepare yourself for what you will inevitably see in the walls of this asylum. If you doubt the strength of your mental fortitude, I would suggest you reconsider our meeting place.

I do hope to see you arive soon.

Best Regards,
Nurse Tee

//If you see me IG, feel free to poke me :)

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Kudark

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 25 2015, 15:57 PM 

Player

Shuffling along, trying to keep his slippers on, a man follows in the wake of two women, one with incredibly long red hair, the other a familiar blonde nurse of Illmater. The man wears the patient garb of Darian's Asylum, and is lead into the Recovery Ward, where he places a bundle of clothes at the foot of a bed in a corner. After the women leave him, he's handed something to wear that is more to the Salandran's liking, and he seems to be giving his attention to a journal.

That Guy

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 27 2015, 18:58 PM 

Player

At just about dusk, a hooded man in black with brown leather trim enters the Temple complex. He goes inside and seeks one of the nurses. His boots have some dirt and dust from travel, and his clothes are rugged, but serviceable and in good condition. He lowers his hood, revealing brown hair, stubble beard, warm brown eyes, smooth skin and a handsome face. He hands the nurse some items, healing kits, salves, ointments, and other herbal remedies.

"For those in need m'lady."

The items given, he turns to head to the door, and just before out of her hearing range, turns back to the nurse.

"I am Arden, and I will bring more when I am able."

Blue Moon

PostPosted: Thu, May 28 2015, 19:12 PM 

Player

In the past week Jovianne could be seen performing a somewhat out-of-character role around the temple, meeting on the grounds with a brunette woman and a looming but handsome half-orc as they spend time down in the orphanage, and more than a few minutes behind a closed consultation room- the expressions of all three appearing official and apprehensive as they enter.

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 19 2015, 21:06 PM 

Player

Nine drow were trooped into the mental ward jail cells at the Salandran Temple. They were dressed in the distinctive robes of the Eilistraeen Shrine. Their hands were not through the arms of the robes and they were tied together in a single file line lead by a human woman with dark hair. Also along was another human female, her staff indicating she was probably a mage. The familiar face of Rith’tar would be noted. He notified the guards that these drow would need to be examined by an expert in mental illnesses.

Then Rith’tar simply knelt in the area just outside the cell that the nine drow had been put in and waited.

Blue Moon

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 20 2015, 0:40 AM 

Player

*Jovianne would have furrowed her brow at the appearance of the drow, trying to find out more about why they were there and just who brought them...speaking to the one drow who knelt outside the cells, should he ever return.*

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 20 2015, 6:44 AM 

Player

At some point the drow had stood from kneeling and departed but return he did.

Rith'tar was once again at the recovery ward speaking to two attractive... by human standards... priestesses regarding the liberated drow. The drow warrior arrived with two attractive ladies... by human standards... in his company.

For the time being the liberated drow are left at the Salandran Temple although Rith'tar was heard requesting that they be brought "home" to the Shrine as soon as possible.

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 21 2015, 16:47 PM 

Player

Rith'tar turns out to be a frequent visitor, checking on the liberated drow and inquiring how the Shrine might aid the Salandrans with their care.

He provides sleeping teas, lavender oil at the suggestion of a Priestess Jovianne. As well as underdark dishes prepared in the Shrines kitchens.

Blue Moon

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 29 2015, 23:15 PM 

Player

*In her time spent back at the temple, Jovianne would do her usual weekly session in the recovery ward softly playing her Dove's Harp for patients who gather, or singing them a soothing nursery song from their culture, if she happens to know any. In emotion and volume, her otherworldly alto voice seems to echo back on itself without assistance, such that anyone passing by the temple might mistake it for two, even three women singing. The effect is beautiful, if eerie.*

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 04 2015, 1:56 AM 

Player

The appearance of Darksong Knight Commander Rith'tar becomes visits where he comes to speak with the drow kept there. He goes around guards and while polite he is insistent on speaking to the drow personally. Through closed doors if necessary.

He wants their names and inquires after their condition seeking to get the information directly from them. And he seeks the one in charge since he is planning to take the drow to the Shrine as soon as possible.

Raua

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 15 2015, 1:08 AM 

Player

As the sun set, a deathly pale elf with glowing ruby red eyes would be seen carrying the limp corpse of a small boy within her arms, a shovel tied to her back. She walked with an agonizingly slow pace from across the island to the graveyard in Benwick Hollow. Those who may have spoken to her would only have been responded to with a faint, raspy response, "He needs to be lain to rest.."

The woman's emotionless, and drained expression carried on, determined to see her task to the end.

There would be a fresh grave dug inside the graveyard, A marker of sticks and driftwood simply reading "George Tanner, child of the night" Nearby flowers would be gathered and left on the grave for the time being. The woman who buried him would have vanished shortly after setting the flowers, leaving no other trace.

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 15 2015, 16:39 PM 

Player

Priest Drusus Vel, having heard of the appearance of the pale elf and the body she carried, would have made sure the grave was prepared properly. Having his own shovel and as the agreement with Sir Robert giving permission for Kelemvorites to oversee the graveyard, he would dig the grave along side the pale elf.

The cloth used to wrap the small boy was treated in the usual manner with herbs to counter the scent of decay as the body is laid to rest. Then lye along with more herbs and holy water added over the neatly wrapped body.

If the pale elf wished Dru would perform a funeral rite with them in attendance. Otherwise, he would help her cover the body with earth then perform the rite after she had gone.

He'd add his own fresh flowers to the grave site.

Kudark

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 01 2015, 16:14 PM 

Player

Walking carefully, so as not to jostle her, Crow carries the burned and ruined body of his wife into the Recovery Ward. Semi-conscious as she is, Rania is set gently on the bed and attended to by the Salandrans on duty. Shorty after the couple arrives, the dark haired hin known to some as Lyra, follows them inside. Crow stays with Rania until she feels well enough to to leave under her own power, concerned with nothing but her well being. He makes a hefty donation to the Temple on the following day.

TheCortroy

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 02 2015, 7:00 AM 

Player

A note would be posted in the main temple hall for the Sally's to read.

"Looking for a priest of physician for a personal problem of mine. If you are capable of assisting seek out the hin known as Sullivan Ryker.

Can pay if needed.

On his way out, Sullivan would make a small donation towards the temple.

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 02 2015, 8:17 AM 

Player

TheCortroy wrote:
A note would be posted in the main temple hall for the Sally's to read.

"Looking for a priest of physician for a personal problem of mine. If you are capable of assisting seek out the hin known as Sullivan Ryker.

Can pay if needed.

Sully,
If the fine physicians of the Salandran Temple are otherwise engaged, please let me know. I'm happy to help.
Warm Regards,
~ Dr. Drusus Vel

Ts_

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 10 2015, 20:16 PM 

Player

*A letter arrives at the temple, originating from the Moonshaes.
It is written on cheap parchment, with a few smudges that even dirtier fingers could not wipe away. The script starts out a little shaky but soon changes to precise, well-practised strokes. For whatever reason, two paragraphs are interleaved.*

Dear Temple Mother, dear holy healers,

I write to you in dire need of help.
__Please.
My previous life has been judged unworthy, correctly so.
__Allow me.
Now I seek a cure for a life without value.
__To serve at your temple.
My few skills but all my time I want to give to those in need.
__So that when I will be judged again.
But I cannot do this here
__I may have done more good than harm.
in jail.

Please allow me to serve at your temple. Whatever protective measures you seem appropriate I will gladly obey. I only wish I could reimburse you for any necessary guards with more than my work, which I want to give freely anyway.

Most humbly yours,
Hazamir

*The letter is accompanied by a short notice from Salandran Novice Algorn, who regularly visits jails in Moonshae settlements to offer some remedy to the prisoners in the worst shape. He details his encounter with the young man:*

Though he was a pirate for some years, and at least a witness to murder, Hazamir is very regretful and behaved civil with no discernible sign of violence in my presence. He showed interest in and quick understanding of the healing arts, accompanied by dedication when asked to care for a fellow perpetrator. When I told him about our faith, he expressed his uttermost desire to redeem himself. This might be a chance for one criminal to start over. That is why I offered to send out this letter.
The local authorities have agreed to let him serve at our holiest temple, though they may have worded it more plainly as overseers of a crowded jail.

*Conveniently, a return address is included.*

// Someone in jail is anxiously waiting for a positive reply to this! :)

Blue Moon

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 15 2015, 21:27 PM 

Player

Jovianne would come by the letter as it was being talked about in the temple, and very quickly check to see if her quill and inkpot were in good shape.

Ts_

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 17 2015, 23:33 PM 

Player

*Hazamir's heart raced. A reply had arrived: It was welcoming, honest and firm.*

CrazyCatLady

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 20 2015, 6:47 AM 

Player

An iron golem cradling the battered and broken body of the mage guard known as Rastin was seen entering the temple tonight, followed closely by Thomas Quinn and Fymor Trueshot. The mage, incoherent and at times seeming to become violent, is taken immediately to an empty cell for his own safety, where he is gently placed on a thick pile of straw by the golem. After stepping back out of the room and ensuring both that the staff is aware of the mage's condition and that the door is locked securely, the golem quickly transforms back into the form of Rania, who portals out with the two males just as quickly as they have arrived.

Lutra

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 20 2015, 20:44 PM 

Player

*Once hearing what happened a certain paladin would visit Rastin and would arrange his relocation to Kohlingen as soon as his condition allows such.*

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 21 2015, 2:51 AM 

Player

Uppon hearing tale of Rastin and a brother in the Faith of the Morning Lord Adrian heads to the Temple to seek him out. He speaks at length with Rastin's care givers and discusses what has already been done and tried to aid the man. Uppon the un-satisfactory response and the new understanding of the severity of what has happened Adrian Sets to Work with great fervor and reverence.

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

Ts_

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 22 2015, 17:05 PM 

Player

A letter from Algorn reaches the temple. Its essence:
I hope this letter reaches you early enough. Hazamir will already be on the next merchant ship sailing to Amia, the Booming Sails. I could not convince the captain to take him further than Cordor, and I did not want to press the matter further, considering Hazamir's nautical past. I believe Cordor is less than a day's travel from the temple, and I hope you can arrange for his safe arrival there, and to his new life. He is still in custody on the ship.

// edited to add: The letter means I'm ready when you are.

Ts_

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 01 2015, 20:54 PM 

Player

A letter is delivered with the Common Wealth Courier, written quickly on plain parchment.
Dear Holy Women and Men,

I have safely arrived in Cordor, but have not been able to find my way to the temple yet. I will set out once the sun has risen again, though. For tonight, I will stay in an inn called the Nomad.
I hope this does not cause any problems for you and rest assured, that I have not simply disappeared.

Sincerely yours
-- Hazamir

Ts_

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 03 2015, 22:02 PM 

Player

A day later, the drow Erth'dar, elf Aleana and Hazamir in old clothes slightly too large for him, enter the temple grounds together. The other two depart again after some time, but Hazamir steps into the quarters, looking to introduce him to the people around.

Dergaii

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 04 2015, 15:44 PM 

Player

The day before this, a creature known to some as hagspawn has visited the burn ward of the temple as he had done several days before. He silently sat down on a stool and started writing in a journal. Whenever the victims were tended, he carefully observed the proceedings from his distance but otherwise bothered no one. The only sound his soft muttering to himself in a northern tongue and the occasional grunt when something needed to be crossed out to be edited.

Before parting he asked a healer a few questions on the physiology of burn wounds and the preferred methods of treating.

Ts_

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 13 2015, 13:34 PM 

Player

It's true, Hazamir can be seen working the fields. Except, he often leaves after work and returns late at night. Or in the morning. Or not at all, missing the day's work entirely and coming back to the temple all exhausted, with a mixture of guilt and I-saved-the-farmers-from-the-goblins pride.

This dawn, he portals into the temple grounds, rests for a few hours, and then tiredly harvests cabbages in the rain. But he seems content with his duties, humming a sweet melody all the while.

During lunch break, he rather collects a few long branches from the surrounding woods. It seems like he has a little project going on: He's setting them up as the frame of a scarecrow in the field.

Aerneth

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 22 2015, 4:21 AM 

Player

*A Mulhorandi man checks himself in with the registrar or its equivalent*

I have been having nightmares. For the past three nights, I have not slept, and I am now seeing things that are not truly there. An event in my past haunts me, and I have decided to come for help. This has gone on long enough.

*He settles down wherever they place him, most likely the psychiatric ward, and lay there until he receives attention*

Aerneth

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 23 2015, 2:55 AM 

Player

*The next day, after receiving no sleep, a visitor brings him food and listens to his story whilst consoling him. Not long after a second visit by a Priestess, the Mulhorandi asks to leave and he is released.*

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 23 2015, 7:46 AM 

Player

The familiar figure of Knight Commander Rith'tar makes an appearance as he has been these past months to check in on the rescued drow. Unlike the evening before he does /not/ hold a sword that he is unable to sheath. This trip he leaves the priestess with a bag of fresh underdark foods. (That these same foods are missing from the kitchen of the inner rooms in what he calls the Eilistraeen Refuge is no coincidence.)

Along with it is a box of dried almonds, dates and fresh bananas, grapes, walnuts and honey. He explains that he was informed that the orphan children are often hungry and in need of food. Since it isn't underdark food it would be familiar to them. He asks that she just say Lady Eilistraee sent this to them.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next