View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ] 
Silent2001

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 11 2011, 21:40 PM 

Player

The following notices find themselves spread out across the mentioned areas, one is also handed to the guards on the gate of the Grove in Amia Forest.

Quote:
Known Cultists and Cultist supporters:

Seaamros Silverkin: Human Male. Tall, muscular. Wears black armor, spiked. Rather easy to spot. Leader of their cult. Dangerous warrior. Has a chew toy arm.

Seannan: Tiefling Male. Looks like a human. Pale white skin and black hair. Is Seaamros's disciple, wears similar black armor. Warrior.

Mathan Alistair: Human Male. Wears long, black robes, smells like rot. Often has undead minions with him. Powerful divine spellcaster.

Lilith: White dragonkin Female. Has a chew toy for an arm, has white wings, wears white armor. Warrior.

Cecilia: Tiefling Female. Has a long horn on each side of her head, curves around. (Well, one now). Dangerous mage.

William (Last name unknown): Human? Male. Mage. Apparently is Cecilia's lover.

James Talon: Human Male. Brown hair, long, tied into a ponytail. Blue eyes. Dresses like a knight.

James Talon's Sister: Human Female. Black hair.

Krad: Human Male. Palemaster and undead summoner. Terrible liar.

Hiroto: Human Male, Kara-Turan. Old, white hair, has a beard. Just under six feet tall. Wears dark robes and a hood, blue staff and a shield usually. Mage and shadowdancer. Affiliate of Zephyr Ayne.

Unnamed Shadowdancer 1: Female shadow-dragonkin. Works as a spy and informant for Seaamros.

Unnamed Shadowdancer 2: Female, Kara-Turan, presumably a tiefling. Has a human's body dimensions. Has slightly pointed ears. Red haired, dark brown skinned. Black pupil-less eyes. We have a detailed sketch of her.

Unidentified Shadowdancer: Dead and had his corpse burned. Probably a human or elf.

Bob 'troll face' (Last name Unknown): Bit of a git.

Unidentified Mage: Elf, non-drow. Female. Has a hellhound familiar.

Skye Sartino: Human Female. Tall for a woman, tan-skinned. Black hair cut above the shoulders. Wears pirate regalia, cut capri pants and boots, an open vest with an absurd amount of cleavage showing, held closed by three buttoned chains. Tries to have a pirate accent. Has an orange staff. Feign's stupidity often. Sorceress. Likes to turn into a death slaad.

NOTE: Any affiliates may be under the effects of a necrotic cyst. Be sure to inspect corpses for cysts if possible. It may be such persons are simply enslaved magically.
Also to note is that some of these people may be under the influence of a slave collar. Such items should however be fairly obvious to spot.
In all cases however, subjects are extremely dangerous and should be handled appropriately.

Courtesy of Gorthod

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 11 2011, 22:55 PM 

Player

Salema, happening upon one such notice in Cordor, looked upon it with a sigh. Slowly she read the names and descriptions, notating a copy of the notice as she did so. Whether this 'Gorthod' was a trustworthy source or not was a question, however she was not about to ignore such a list. Besides, she knew it would be relatively easy to validate most of the information by asking around the right people. Why most so few bring such sadness to so many? she sighed, her gaze sorrowful, What possibly could they be afraid of?

Do not pity them. came a voice from behind. Jumping slightly she looked back to see a darkly clad figure with hood and flowing cloak standing near, apparently reading the same notice as well. They are evil beings. Fools beyond redemption. the man practically spit. Surprised, Salema said nothing at first, though it was obvious he was not waiting for one as he snarled quietly. A gauntlet flashed out, pen in hand as she gasped, and the man edited the portion under the name 'James Talon' to read 'Natia James Talon's Sister'. Once finished the armored figure turned and began to stride briskly away, not even hesitating as she cleared her throat gently.

Er... Sharess bless you, sir. was all she could think to say. Surprisingly he paused briefly, head turning to glance back. After a moment he nodded slightly, the blessing having sparked something in his mysterious mind apparently, and she thought she could see a slight smile under that hood. She does the man who, unbeknownst to her, was named Tyrus murmured before rounding the corner.

Watching him a moment, she turned back to the page and let her eyes continue down the page, a description tickling her senses and then a name, though she pushed it off at first. Then, suddenly, her eyes halted. Skye? she thought as her eyes widened, memory flaring in remembrance of a chance encounter. Brown eyes raked the page again as she sought two others. Hurriedly she finished the copy she had been making, and upon finishing she wrote up another and stuffed both into her bag before hurrying off to find a guard.

Perhaps curiously, no posting outside of Cordor showed signs of such an edit as of yet, though most certainly all the ones in it's boundaries were.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 11 2011, 23:02 PM 

Player

*Mala picked the one at the Grove gate as she was about to head inside anyways and takes it along*

kicker930

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 12 2011, 0:24 AM 

Player

Snobbles looks over notices in Cordor and Mutters to himself, Copying down the poster in his journal.

Izzzt

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 12 2011, 2:22 AM 

Player

A certain half-elf living in Wharftown picks up one of the notices in Wharftown with a wry grin, and takes it inside his home. A few hours later, many copies find themselves placed inside the Slanty Shanty. Most of them being used as coasters.

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 12 2011, 3:46 AM 

Player

Lyle disposes of any that are not posted in the Town Hall, or the Inn's notice board within the Dale's jurisdiction. If neither of them have one, he puts on there.

Marigold Cobcruncher: Perceptive Priestess

LedaMarie

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 12 2011, 4:31 AM 

Player

A tall (very tall) Tuigan woman, her head mostly shaved and face and ears full of piercings, can be seen reading these postings, before snuffing, slinging an axe over her shoulder and heading back out to kill rats and things of that ilk.

dayfer

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 12 2011, 7:13 AM 

Player

Pilineth takes a single poster for her own reference, in case she sees one of them during a patrol of the dale lands.

incogneato

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 12 2011, 12:30 PM 

Player

Written at the bottom of pages in Cordor, Bendir, and Wharftown, with an arrow drawn to James Talon's name.

Quote:
James was witnessed defending the Mill from Cultists in Caraigh. He felled the Palemaster, Lillith. Other witnesses in Caraigh were there as well. Must you slander him further?

P Three

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 12 2011, 13:21 PM 

DM

"Lots of people" saw Kell Ap' Morgan defend Winya. They saw Ray Rodgers defend the Banites. They saw Avadon of Wiltun defend those shores.

What do all have in common? They were all traitors. Subversive, and not what they seemed.

Don't believe what you see. Not on this isle. Believe what /is/.
~Katsumi Aizawa

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

incogneato

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 12 2011, 13:28 PM 

Player

You mean, do not believe my own eyes and ears, but, rather, what others say is? If it's on a poster it must be true, right?

Nicodemius

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 12 2011, 17:15 PM 

Player

"We're all going to die!" Nicodemius exclaims as he runs in a circle panicking.

Then he sees a poster nearby.

"Curious... what was I doing again?"

and wanders off into a random direction.

Janna Ogder

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 12 2011, 18:39 PM 

Player

James read this last bit of wisdom. He chuckled.

"Whoever that is must have a very strange life indeed. How does one determine what /is/ without seeing?"

He shrugged and headed off to the Mill to stand watch.

Janna Ogder

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 14 2011, 20:27 PM 

Player

James returned to one of these notices, with his own, and posted it:

Quote:
Though many of these posted on this little letter may have been cultists, it is known for certain that a great many were not, so let us not slander. The War in Caraigh was a terrible thing, and many were there for different reasons, reasons which each and every person holds to him or her self.

Some made choices in reaction to choices made by others.

For example, it was a choice made by some of the "defenders" of Caraigh to engage in torture, and they did so quite liberally, without thought for whether their subjects were really their enemy or not. In doing so, they turned some of their subjects into terrible enemies, for one, when tortured, does not commonly ally themselves with their tormentors. These actions gained the defenders a great many enemies where there had previously been fewer.

Although the defenders had many enemies, the enemies did not all share the same purpose, yet were lumped under the name "cultist". The word "cultist," as a result, has changed to mean: Anyone who doesn't agree with the Defender's methods.

The Defender's methods have been to include evil in their defense. Malarites. Although the Malarites in Caraigh will swear up and down that they are as gentle as kittens, I urge shadowdancers to loiter in the area to listen to that pack speak of things that the Defenders surely would not like to hear. Like their plan to turn Caraigh into their hunting ground. Is it not enough that the people were driven from their homes by the real cultists? Now they will return to rebuild and be eaten by cannibals?

No, before you slander, think of what is going on in Caraigh, and the dangers threatening it. The defense of Caraigh has been so weakened and corrupted by the inclusion of the evil of Malar, that the Banites are getting brave again, with an eye to Caraigh.

Some of those you have slandered mean to fight these.

P Three

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 14 2011, 21:06 PM 

DM

Don't know about much, but I know that Malarites are calling themselves protectors and hanging out in Amia forest nowadays.

I'd like to know the Grove's stance on that, before I put an arrow in some beast-licker's head.

Ania Tan'ariel

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

drahgon

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 14 2011, 22:24 PM 

Player

incogneato wrote:
You mean, do not believe my own eyes and ears, but, rather, what others say is? If it's on a poster it must be true, right?

It is better to believe those who actually list their names to check if they are a credible source, than those who simply put words down without any true backing.

Barris

Bladen-Kurst

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 15 2011, 4:48 AM 

Player

He grins as his name and description are no where to be found on the list.

Avithoth Namora - General of the Fellowship
Shildrogr 'Terror' - Ogre Bear Pirate
Svaerken Nevros - Greenkin Mobster
Ixator Kildradin - Doomguide of Kelemvor
Azavhim Thal'utlar - Big Drow

ZoltanTheRed

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 15 2011, 6:22 AM 

Player

AxlLeigh wrote:
Don't know about much, but I know that Malarites are calling themselves protectors and hanging out in Amia forest nowadays.

I'd like to know the Grove's stance on that, before I put an arrow in some beast-licker's head.

Ania Tan'ariel

A wizard leaves a note on top of this one and the same as a notice in Cordor, Bendir Dale and outside the forest.

Simply put. You know those Malarites people say are in Cairagh? Yeah, they are helping *defend* Cairagh from the Cultists and that is all that matters as of right now. Let it be said that anyone coming to Cairagh to strike a single defender will be dealt with accordingly and swiftly, mayhaps not violently or with blades but with reasonable warning and chances to leave before such is inflicted. I nor anyone else at the mill will abide by foul, violent and churlish behavior from any individual.

-Damian

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 15 2011, 6:32 AM 

Player

The Malarites are not protectors of the forest. They are unwanted and they know that quite clearly from their last encounters with us.

Others may accept their "help" we do not.

Mind, this is no free ticket to come to the forest and start butcher people right away.

Malandria

Bella Rose

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 15 2011, 8:56 AM 

Player

Eventually Cecilia under the spell of invisibility, stumbled across this flyer by chance.

"It keeps'em guessing, I suppose."

She leaves.

Cecilia - Most evil 2011!

Bladen-Kurst

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 15 2011, 12:11 PM 

Player

He laughs at Malandria's post.

"The druids, and rangers in Caraigh are in trouble and the druids can't settle their petty disputes. Sad."

Avithoth Namora - General of the Fellowship
Shildrogr 'Terror' - Ogre Bear Pirate
Svaerken Nevros - Greenkin Mobster
Ixator Kildradin - Doomguide of Kelemvor
Azavhim Thal'utlar - Big Drow

Fierene Havenstar

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 15 2011, 19:06 PM 

Player

Ava takes a copy of the notice, reading whilst walking. “That’s it?” She is heard to say with dismay. “Black robes and divine caster?” She manages to trip on some rock or another in the path and quickly tucks the notice away for future study.

Freshmen

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 15 2011, 23:55 PM 

Player

Zephyr, clad in black and crimson silks, hears about her assumed involvement from a third party, grinning to herself and shaking her head.

"Helpful."

davis114

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 16 2011, 7:33 AM 

Player

*After a time, Sundyr walks by the post, and writes a note of his own on the notices*

-This list is correct, to the best of my own knowledge. Though some claim to have change or switched sides, each and every one of these individuals aided the Cultists on Caraigh at one time or another. This was seen by me personally, and combatted on one specific incident. Some may have changed their loyalties, but if they have, much more than their simple word will be needed to prove their loyalty.

-Sundyr

MoshingChris wrote:
Dude makes like a drunk even when he's sober.

wereguy2

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 16 2011, 8:47 AM 

Player

A few of the posters appear to be altered, and now read "Courtesy of Gorthod and Tarich the Magnificent, who is magnificent".

Izzzt

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 16 2011, 9:30 AM 

Player

Even fewer find themselves further altered: "Courtesy of Gorthod and Grand-Mister Tarich the Magnificently Magnificent, Grandiosely Exalted Banite Slayer. Did I mention magnificent?"

polan

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 16 2011, 12:02 PM 

Player

On one of the posers in Cordor the following name is crossed and attatched a note

Cecilia: Tiefling Female. Has a long horn on each side of her head, curves around. (Well, one now). Dangerous mage.

Dead and put at her Lord's Idol as a fine decoration.

-William Blackbronze

jimbono1

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 16 2011, 17:25 PM 

Player

An eight foot half-orc wearing the symbols of Bane looks at Tarich's name, then grunts, and says "I swear that was the pest i cut in half along with his two friends a few months ago."

Jimbono1 is my favourite.

^totally not a lie or anything.

wereguy2

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 17 2011, 6:40 AM 

Player

Izzzt wrote:
Even fewer find themselves further altered: "Courtesy of Gorthod and Grand-Mister Tarich the Magnificently Magnificent, Grandiosely Exalted Banite Slayer. Did I mention magnificent?"

This is undoubtedly messy, and the posters are taken down.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]