View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 
ClockworkRed

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 02 2009, 9:28 AM 

Player

*A notice board is erected in the middle of the city, showing a short message*

Citizens and adventures of the city,

please make use of this board to offer your suggestions and concerns about the current crisis with the organisation known as the black caravan.

Please also visit the notice board regularily to inform yourselves about measures taken to defend the city and citizens by the defenders and Triadic knights.

Sir Hector

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 02 2009, 9:41 AM 

Player

One small note is placed, unsigned.

"Evacuate. Please."

ClockworkRed

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 02 2009, 9:45 AM 

Player

Citizens,

the following information regards our missing citizens.

We have recieved letter from the black caravan concerning our citizens, which were carried away by the dragon. Most important, the ones missing from their homes are well. Their family are asked to come to the keep in order to recieve written messages from their missing family members.

Also if any of the families has problems due to missing earnings, please notify the Triadic knights immediately. We will make sure that no one needs to suffer more than they are already.

[parts are removed]

We will do everything to return our missing ones home safely and to prevent that further harm will strike the citizens of this city. This is not the first time, we pay a high price for our freedom. We can never give in to anyone that tries to force upon us their will using fear and violence.

Some of our Cordorian guests have already left us. But they will also find out that one can not always run away from the problems. Because anywhere one goes, one will find people willing to use violence to force others to their will. Sometimes we need to fight for our right to live freely and for the protection of our allies. As we stand loyal to our allies, they stand loyal to us, such that we do not fight alone in this conflict.

I am available after each high service in the temple of the Triad's light to answer any questions personally. Please include those missing in your prayers and stay strong in your faith. As always, those faithfull to the rightious gods do not need to fear the cruel deeds of those lost men and women, that sell their souls for gold or power.

Ever loyal,

Sir Hector

Last edited by ClockworkRed on Tue, Mar 03 2009, 10:00 AM, edited 5 times in total.

ClockworkRed

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 02 2009, 9:52 AM 

Player

Measure for the safety of the city:

We will try to reestablish the measurements developed during the wyrmhold war.

Troopers are asked to look our for chromatic dragons approaches the city. Anyone able to cast see invisibilty or true sight spells is asked to support the troopers in their watch to avoid that any chromatic dragon can approach the city unseen.

If you hear three horm signals, the enemy is approaching from the sky.
Do not hesitate a moment, leave the farmlands around the city and take cover in the nearest house.

If you hear four horn signals, the enemy is approaching from the land.
If you hear five horn signals, the enemy is approaching from the sea.
In both cases, please take haste and evacuate to the keep.

Sir Hector

Last edited by ClockworkRed on Mon, Mar 02 2009, 9:59 AM, edited 3 times in total.

ClockworkRed

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 02 2009, 9:57 AM 

Player

A call to arms for adventurers and warriors willing to aid the city:

Anyone capable of figthing that is willing to aid us against the agression of the Black Caravan, please leave your name on this board or contact a defender or Triadic knight.

Anyone is an aid to keep the city and its citizens safe. Please refrain from using any violence against members of the Black Caravan as long as you are not attacked. We have no other interest in this conflict other than keeping the city of Kohlingen and the temple of Kelemvor safe. Should the Black Caravan abandom their campaign of violence and return our citizens safely, this crisis can end without further bloodshed.

Sir Hector

Azrael

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 02 2009, 14:44 PM 

Player

*a small unsigned note is added, the hand writing is diffrent from the first, written in a red dye*

"The eternal order will not allow them to get away with it so easily, you seek to protect their temple? ..even if the hostages are returned the eternal order has made public knowledge they will make the caravan pay for this. Why would the Caravan care if they received no proper benefit? You doom the lives of the hostages with your alliance to Kelemvorites."

*shortly after a Cleric wearing the robes of Salandra walks in and places a note*

"Brothers of the faith we stand united, let them come, this isle will know no complete darkness, they cannot stop the light that is the faith of the pure in heart. United we stand stronger than ever before. Let them come, and may we spread the word of our Gods as we act in their name, this could be the age where the darkness is finally put to rest.

For the pure of heart,
Shantear Divinan"

Lord-Hadeis

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 02 2009, 17:10 PM 

Player

Shortly after the placing of the notetice board a crossbow bolt is found shot in one of the outer gates of Kohlingen, the bolt is your regular commenly used kind, however there is a piece of paper attached to it with a thread made of bright red hair.

The note reads:
"This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home, this little piggy had roast beef, this little piggy had none; and this little piggy went wee wee wee all the way home."

maughter

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 02 2009, 18:09 PM 

Player

*a note is left. though well written, it is unsigned*

Abandon all hope ye who reside here.
A sleeping giant hath awoken and shall be your end before it slumbers.

Ramika

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 02 2009, 18:36 PM 

Player

Another note, similar to one of the preceding ones is left.

"For the love of the gods, evacuate the city."

Metalien

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 02 2009, 18:41 PM 

Player

Azrael wrote:
"Brothers of the faith we stand united, let them come, this isle will know no complete darkness, they cannot stop the light that is the faith of the pure in heart. United we stand stronger than ever before. Let them come, and may we spread the word of our Gods as we act in their name, this could be the age where the darkness is finally put to rest.

For the pure of heart,
Shantear Divinan"

The above note is torn down by Metalien Sikth as soon as he spots it "We are -not- fighting, don't act so warlike and behave like a Salandran for goodness sakes" shortly later he adds another note.

The Church of Salandra will be taking absoloutly NO part in the fighting whatsoever, we are EVACUATING our temple to the very last soul and will be seeking refuge in a safe place.

Announcements officialy from the Temple of Salandra will be made officialy on our stance regarding this situation and our location where we'll be relocating to will be announced in due time.

We will not stand and fight the Kelemvorite's battle for them, nor will we be drawn into war on any side. We are people of peace and healers, war is not our style and not in our tennants.

Sincerely and in Her Name.

Templar M. Sikth.

AlannaMolov

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 02 2009, 18:42 PM 

Player

Another note, hastily written on a torn off bit of parchment, reads,

"If you value the lives of your citizens and wish no further innocent deaths, get them out now, before it's too late, and their blood is on your hands."

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."

Last edited by AlannaMolov on Mon, Mar 02 2009, 18:49 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Kendera

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 02 2009, 18:42 PM 

Player

Fighting will only result in more of your innocent dead or gone. Standing against the army of the Caravan will be futile. I stand against the Eternal Order for not understanding Cause and Effect. Zealots only last for so long. Evacuate, for the safety of your people.

-Lady Kaylee Diam

[img]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1263/kayleessigcopyeg9.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Kendera on Mon, Mar 02 2009, 23:06 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Xaviera

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 02 2009, 22:17 PM 

Player

A letter, copies of which are delivered to Kohlingen keep, City Hall and the Temple of the Triad:

To the Leaders and Defenders of the Holy City of Kohlingen:

I do not condone the fanatical actions of the Kelemvorites against the Black Caravan's customers, but even less so do I condone the threats of the Caravan against Kohlingen or any inhabitants of Benwick Hollow apart from the Kelemvorites. I believe that the Kelemvorites should not have done as they did, but they paid the price in blood and pain at that time. For the Caravan to demand payment or make threats against those not involved is evil typical of Banites or Cyricists. Especially foul and heinous is the kidnapping of innocent people from the Holy City.

I cannot accept that the Caravan would threaten to demolish an entire city and the Temple of Salandra over the actions of three people. I for one will never deal with the Caravan again and will encourage others not to do so, for they have now revealed themselves as opportunistic and grasping fanatics and not simple followers of Waukeen.

I will be remaining within the city to aid in its defence and the defence of my family who reside here, as I did during the Wyrmhold incident, in such capacity as I can. My wife, a cleric of Ilmater, will also be remaining to assist.

May all the good goddesses protect us and watch over us. May we pass through this trial in safety and return to the embrace of Sharess and the celebration of the Eternal Revel that is Life.

signed,

~ Xaviera Xuider-Xee, High Priestess of Sharess in All of Amia

// I have heard rumours of Kohl's interactions with the Black Caravan, including that a dragon and someone (Boss Sil'yer?) attacked the city and made off with hostages. I have also heard that Kohl paid 10M to buy off the Caravan. This may be the demand referred to in the 3rd post in this thread, but can also be considered a marketplace rumour deserving of IC explanation. Perhaps someone can post a summary of what's happened in Kohl recently for the uninformed?

"[They] were moving in on me like Sharessans on a new broad in the bath house" - Tracer Bolt
AmiaWiki mod (mostly inactive)

ClockworkRed

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 02 2009, 22:48 PM 

Player

Xaviera wrote:
// I have heard rumours of Kohl's interactions with the Black Caravan, including that a dragon and someone (Boss Sil'yer?) attacked the city and made off with hostages. I have also heard that Kohl paid 10M to buy off the Caravan. This may be the demand referred to in the 3rd post in this thread, but can also be considered a marketplace rumour deserving of IC explanation. Perhaps someone can post a summary of what's happened in Kohl recently for the uninformed?

What I think is known publically. DM correct it if it is wrong, please.

An elf named Boss Sil'yer and a huge red dragon with many battle scars have entered the city peacefully. After meeting with representatives of the knights, they dragon and its master left fast and took some of the Kohlingen citizens with them. 14 including 4 children. One man was dropped by the dragon but the corpse was found and raised.

From our forums:

Yossarin wrote:
At least two families of former Cordorian Nobles who had moved to Kohlingen after Cordor's Western District became "unlivable" and "unmanageable" for their standard of living and safety now announce their departure for the mainland. Hurriedly, precious belongings are gathered on the docks and a boat commissioned to carry these wealthy and influential families away from Kohlingen and to the mainland, where it will be safer and where people are not being kidnapped.

The rest is in the posts above.

Azrael

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 03 2009, 0:53 AM 

Player

*Shantear enters the city checking for responses and gasps as he sees the notice placed instead of his*

If the church has withdrawn, know the caravan will come anyway, you honestly believe that the death of the eternal order is their only goal? My wisdom does not allow me to run away in this hour as our so called allies are slaughtered, when the Caravan is done with them what's to stop them from doing the same to us? You agree to the demands of terrorists. I regret to announce I am temporarily stepping down from this particular Salandran church to fight in this war with the Eternal Order, if they allow me.. Salandra curse me if she thinks my actions of saving their lives is unjust.

ClockworkRed

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 03 2009, 10:58 AM 

Player

*If Shantear enters the city again, she will recieve a reply letter from the guards*

Honored Sir Shantear,

thank you very much for your offer of aid. I believe we must decline it though. Your place is at the side of your brothers and sisters. The Black Caravan is quickly to generalize in their perception of valid targets for their agression. Your presence here could provoke further hostilities against the faith of Salandra. This should be avoided at all costs. The services of the Salandrans might be required very soon.

Also know, that the Triadic Knights honor the service of your faith for the sick and wounded. It is very shamefull that a faith such pure and dedicated to aid the weak has come under such a threat. We will do our best to aid you should you require so, but I fear our capabilities are more than limited as we are required to protect our own grounds.

I think you are safetest if you and all of your faith emphasize your neutrality. The Black Caravan is a trading organisation that must care about their reputation. They will not attack you if they are not provoked. Therefore, I advice you to not again post any public notice against the Black Caravan.

Ever loyal,
Sir Hector

StandingBehindYou

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 03 2009, 11:23 AM 

Player

*Upon hearing from one of the guards that Sir Hector has left a reply for Shantear Divinan rejecting his offer of aid, Elisabeth Hayes pens two copies of a second letter. The first she gives to be delivered to Shantear along with Hector's message; the second she leaves at Hector's chambers in the keep.*

Sir Hector,

I cannot agree with you, for two reasons. First, since the offer of aid was to the Eternal Order, it isn't our place to accept or decline. Second, I agree with Shantear Divinan's essential point.

If one believes that this nebulous trading organization would retaliate, that is even the more reason to make a stand. If one gives ground in the face of threats, never making a stand, they will eventually run out of places to run. And then they and everyone else who allowed themselves to be ruled by terror will find themselves at the mercy of their new overlords.

I acknowledge the work of the Salandran church, but if Shantear Divinan's conscience moves him to aid the defense of Benwick, who are we to tell him no?

~Elisabeth Hayes

StandingBehindYou

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 05 2009, 16:02 PM 

Player

PUBLIC NOTICE

Citizens of Kohlingen, with attack looming, noncombatants and the infirm are asked to evacuate the city.

Those wishing to evacuate please assemble in a calm and orderly fashion outside the Temple of the Triad's light, and listen to the instructions of the city guards and the temple staff. From there several queues will be formed: those who can will be evacuated by portal, and the rest will be evacuated by other means according to instructions they receive there.

To any who have portal rods of their own, or especially mages able to cast the spell Circle of Teleportation, please come speak to a priest or one of the knights. Your aid will be able to speed the evacuation greatly, and you will be justly compensated for your assistance.

Do not push or run. Follow the priests' and guards' instructions, and the process will be smooth and safe.

~Elisabeth Hayes, for the Knights of the Triad

ClockworkRed

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 13 2009, 9:13 AM 

Player

To the citizens of Kohlingen and all adventures that offered their aid to the city,

the hostages taken by the Black Caravan have been returned unharmed. The clerics have assured that they are all perfectly well. They are united with their families once more. The justicar himself has opened diplomatic relations with the Black Caravan to find a final peace agreement. Therefore, we are in good hope that the city will not be involved further in this war. But due to expected battles close to the city in Benwick Hollow, Kohlingen will continue with its plans to evacuate willing citizens to safer lands.

The Triadic knights ask for forgiveness for bringing such a crisis to the holy city. We had no right to speak in the name of the complete city. The Triadic knights will now move onward to Benwick Hollow. This is no official aid offered by the city of Kohlingen but the independent act of knights standing to their word at the side of an allied faith. The Triadic knights hope that the Black Caravan will accept the offer of peace of the Eternal Order and realize that its campaign against the people of Benwick Hollow is unjustified and unnecessary.

Sir Hector

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]