View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Wed, May 20 2015, 11:33 AM 

Player

Hello my lovely Tarkuulians.

I'll start out by saying that I'm going to be helping Nihilus and Mana DM for you in the heavens of dead man's land. I eagerly offered my hand as Ive had a few PCs knocking about here and I really loved the experience and atmosphere. I'm here to make sure that to the best of my abilities, I can make it fun for all of us.

Now I understand that currently a lot of things have been put on hold. I've heard about all of your hard work towards actively changing the world and I'm sorry more than anything that you haven't seen the fruit bore from it. It isnt any one person's fault as life happens and things, unfortunately, slip through the cracks. If you aid me along the journey of overseeing you all, I can promise only that I'll put my 110% into making this a wonderful experience.

With that said, I've been reading up on Tark for the past two days and boy has it been a lot to digest. What I need from you all is your honest opinion on what needs to be done and what you all would like to see come out of this partnership. Don't be afraid to be frank and forthcoming. Bulleted lists or essays is fine, as long as you get to the point somehow! If you feel you don't want your opinions to be seen of a public medium, feel free to PM me instead.

Thank you all for your time and I hope to see you lurking IG. Expect plenty of questions as I familiarize myself with you all. :D

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Wed, May 20 2015, 14:47 PM 

Player

Having played here for a long time before my character finally moved on, I can offer a few points I think would make Tarkuul a lot more enjoyable. I had a lot of fun while I was playing my character there and I even had the good fortune of building up a large group within the player base there were always a few head scratchers that I knew I couldn't fix as a player.

1) Tarkuul's DM needs to log into the DM client

This is not a jab at any one DM in particular, we all have circumstances that occur. But I will say this: I could not get Glim client side without moving heaven and earth most days. The Guard had so much success due to the fact that we were able to draw the attention of other DM's and made our way into plots all over the server. We were doing stuff and as a result people wanted to see us do stuff.

But Tarkuul has a lot of player initiative, and lots of potential for DM driven progression outside of just that. It would be nice to see that coming to the fore front.

2) The potential of Tarkuul should be utilized

Tarkuul is possibly the only part of the setting based around high magic, old netherese secrets lost in time.

Instead we've played sim city for about two or three years, focusing on the mundane instead of the massive. That's fine though, because it made sense at the time.

Tarkuul, until recently, had no way of relegating mundane tasks to an NPC population because one didn't exist until the Cordorian intervention. Now there is a pretty significant population of NPCs living in the city, and they can all do things. Jobs like fishing and building and mining and excavating can be done in the background now while the players focus on larger scale tasks or works of high magic.

I would love to see that sort of shift in focus, Tarkuul has earned it honestly.

3) Module Changes
Tarkuul has been under represented in development for a really long time. It's to the point where Cordor has been redesigned twice - the first tube bring it's face lift and the second being it's destruction and it gets beat constant module updates comparatively.

Meanwhile, most of Tarkuul, or at least the portion that we've role played around resorting and gaining, are still incomplete. It should have full docks and barracks and ss finished moorhound enclave as well as a big ol' number of things I can't think if off hand.

It would be really nice th see the middle reject these things not be required to wait every quarter year.

This is all off the top of my head of course, and there will certainly be more later I'm sure. I hope it helps.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Wed, May 20 2015, 16:36 PM 

Player

This thought just crossed my mind, but it seemed quite worth adding. The city has thousands of new residents, it isn't necessarily out of the question that they would come to the other branches of the city.

For the Guard we had Watcher Bremmick, who really gave us a sense that things were changing and new faces were incoming. I would love to see the Magisterium and churches see that sort of development as well. They're pretty long standing and well established posts of the city (no matter what my PC says), and giving them a sense of progression makes people want to participate more.

I generally think both of those institutions could use me love though. They've stuck it l it out for longer than l care to remember.

DC taxation is theft!

Anatida

PostPosted: Wed, May 20 2015, 17:11 PM 

Player

For Sam & Nihilus' benefit I'll post here that Silkelock asked me to work on the Tarkuul Module Updates. I can do most of it, however, there are some things like a merchant that was requested to be copied etc that will have to be done by msheeler because of the way the db merchants and system works.

As for all of those updates that were mentioned by bob above, I will say that Tarkuul was Glim's baby. He had a very precise vision for it, and he was the only one to ever work on it. If there are initiatives that have not been seen to, you should PM them to me or one of the three DMs above so they can be added to the ToDo thread.

Thank you,
~Ana

NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Wed, May 20 2015, 18:03 PM 

Player

Sam, if you need any lore or history help on Tarkuul, or Netheril in general, you're more than welcome to hit myself or AzureLuna up on skype, we keep our info in our profiles. We might not be active in the faction currently, but we're part of the "old guard".

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Wed, May 20 2015, 18:18 PM 

Player

And I can certainly vouch for the fact that NC is more knowledgeable than me on the subject.

DC taxation is theft!

Glim

PostPosted: Wed, May 20 2015, 18:25 PM 

Player

Bob's list is pretty well accurate and is definitely a good place to start.

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Wed, May 20 2015, 18:34 PM 

Player

Awesome, thanks guys! Glim your threads have been exteremely helpful for me in this journey so I want to thank you for having taken the time to write all that down.

As for NC, I would love to hear what you and AZ have to tell me. I know of your involvement and I think its crucial to hear things from the perspective of you guys as well. Add me on Skype whenever and poke me with your knowledge!

SamLuvsYou12 is my user

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]