View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
Rigela

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 09 2013, 19:46 PM 

Player

Strolling through the city, after her recent dumping of hides off, Tililalli would (for whatever reason she was currently holding onto) spring into Marigath's kitchen to 'surprise' him with a large offering of freshly cut up meat from a wide range of livestock. She would then proceed to babble on about supplying with better food, freshly cut up meat and how her talents of 'refined animal slaughter' was going to waste, without a pause for breath, before actually inquiring if such was even wanted or needed.

Dropping the meat off

Glim

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 09 2013, 19:58 PM 

Player

How are ye at cookin' lass? the sometimes codgerly old chef would ask, wiping his hands on his apron as he looks down at the sack of meet, chuckling to himself at her excitable demeanor. This be a fine haul here. If you really want to lend a hand, lets be gettin' it cut up proper and stored away. Looking her up and down briefly he would add, Somethin' tells me you'll be good at the cuttin' if not the cookin'.

Rigela

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 09 2013, 20:12 PM 

Player

"I like my meat bloody and raw." She'd quip back with yet another grin. "Most of it is all cut up all ready too. Never had to worry about storage before though" She would happily display her cuts of meat - all from various animals, at some point one would hope. She'd rather shamelessly strip out of her armour where she was, into something more 'suitable'. All though this was a generous term, as it seemed to have the appearance of some feral barbarians attire. "Arright. Let's get to work!"

Glim

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 09 2013, 20:37 PM 

Player

To his credit, Marigath would leer at her for only a moment or two as she changes, before opening the small store room and starting to heft bags of mushroom flour and boxes of candied mushroom... and containers of all other sorts of mushroom products, to get to one rather large box in the back corner of the room.

Didn't think I'd be using this so soon, he'd start grumbling, Not a single shred o' meat to be found in this damned city that isn't rotting on some walking corpse.

He'd open the lid and a small puff of chill air would exit the box, showing a layer of frost inside.

Smirking a bit, Picked it up cookin' for Sultan Basel Jasham. You would nae believe how hard it is to keep meet fresh in a bleedin' desert. And believe me, the Sultan was happy with nothin' less... and you wanted the Sultan happy. A sage nod would follow.

Rigela

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 10 2013, 1:19 AM 

Player

Entirely oblivious, or more likely having stripped so on purpose, the feything would quickly set to work with Marigath as best she could. "Well, aren't you lucky I decided to do something for once!" she'd chirp to his initial comment. "Got my own farm. Sort of. When they're behaving - so can do my best to see meat is provided" She'd beam proudly at the fact she was entirely certain of.

Showing off the slabs of meat before getting them placed in the box, she would once more rabbit on about the variety of oversized 'cleavers' she had used for the chopping and severing, she seemed keen and enthusiastic as ever to assist with any cuts of meat that needed to be cut up, offering over a weighty looking axe of her own rather than use an actual cleaver.

"If only they didn't make such a mess, then it would be easier to breed them to be culled, diced and cut up. S'trek going to other places" She said, with a mournful sigh towards the end of the efforts.

Glim

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 10 2013, 1:47 AM 

Player

The curmudgeonly chef would seem to have enjoyed the few minutes it took to store away all the meat, listening to her chatter on and even offering the occasional bit of advice about blade sharpening or how to get the "best cuts".

After the meet was all stored away, he'd snort at her comment about the mess, That's why I never concerned m'self with raisin' the food lass, just cookin' it!

Wandering back towards his more customary kitchen work, perhaps somewhat reluctantly, he would offer a final parting comment. Any time ye want to bring more meat by lass, you're more'n welcome in my kitchen. I'll see it's put to good use.

An' what's your name so I can stop calling you lass? he'd grin a bit.

Rigela

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 10 2013, 13:09 PM 

Player

At this, she would stand herself as tall as her small frame would allow. "I have had many names in my time! Even lass!" She said with her typical feral grin. "But as of late, I prefer actual names. Such as Tililalli and /definitely/ not Mebrililinde. Most people have trouble pronouncing either though so was usually just Tilly or Mebby. People eh?" She says with a disappointed shake of her head.

Swinging up her sack and sorting her things out, she continued on with possible names she may, or may not actually have. "In more 'proper' settings I simply take on the name Evermourn and when in court, I am /Lady/ Evermourn. All regal and proper and with not a drop of instability if I can help it."

With a promise to return soon with even more meat, she'd skip on her way - covered in mess and in the questionable attire.

Glim

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 10 2013, 17:52 PM 

Player

Sure enough, the very next night, the usual fare of mushroom... everything, for dinner is replaced by a nice thick, tender and well seasoned steak for each of the Guardsmen and any of the other officials of the City who stop by. In fact not a mushroom would be in sight for a change, the steak cooked in a moderately spicy black pepper sauce, served up with some fresh farm potatoes that Marigath must have gotten himself, and a small bit of Sembian wine he must have been saving.

Through the course of the meal, Marigath would make sure to mention once or twice that the steaks are courtesy of Lass Evermourn.

serbiris

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 10 2013, 18:42 PM 

Player

Captain Vosst appears quietly amused at this change - his meals are taken in his office as always, for the privacy and convenience afforded. The meat is politely declined - he cites dietary preferences, though the details of which remain undisclosed unless pressed. His share is directed towards Lieutenant Elesia if possible. He politely thanks Marigath, but he makes a note of "Lass Evermourn's" contribution...

@Thanatopsis#6293

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]