View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
sacoroth

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 18 2020, 5:14 AM 

Player

Hello,

I'm a returning drow player from quite some years ago when Ultrinnan was still a thing. I quite enjoyed the experience back then and the different RP that the drow houses' hostility between one another caused. I've arrived in l'Obsul, but I'm a little confused. A lot of these professions didn't exist when I was first here and their are barely any merchants to be found and very few players to interact with. Are their any Drow houses still active on the server?

I've read about a different settlement, Nec'perya, though it sounds like trying to reach it would likely be a death trap for my character at the moment, but is that a better option for drow RP? I just got an itch for playing a drow recently and the experience on this server far exceeded anything I'd experienced elsewhere. I just thought I'd ask on here seeing as I haven't seen many people in L'Obsul.

Thanks,

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 18 2020, 7:52 AM 

Player

Welcome back!

The only drow PC house around is House Vilrath. There is a NPC house called Zau'tar that a few drow PCs work for, such as mine.

Nec'perya used to be a drow settlement but it got taken over by dragonkin who now run the show there (activity is also relatively low).

Some of the drow PCs are Australian so our timezones tend to be a wonky.

We have an active DM and a storyline happening. As well as a few PCs who have their own plots going on.

Given the scarcity of players, I would recommend playing a character who is willing to venture both surface-side and Underdark-side.

NWN Account Name: KnightProtector

Galenson

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 18 2020, 15:22 PM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

sacoroth wrote:

Welcome back, and more importantly, welcome back down below. Knight Protector (Genar_Detkasa) has done a good job in explaining the current status quo. Rather then repeating this, I will expand upon it.

The regretful news is that if you're expecting to relive the Ultrinnan experience, you will be disappointed: The server's narrative has evolved, and we lack the players for that to occur. The playerbase in response has evolved with the Drow and the other Underdarkers taking a more pragmatic rather then a traditionalist approach, looking outwards for progression and conflict rather then inwards.

That's not to say that the experience is any less: its merely different. More challenging. More calculating. Rather then looking to the House rankings and going "I want to be first," we now look at the entire Amian Narrative and say "how can we make this ours without anyone ever realising we took it from right under their feet?" Outnumbered, outgunned, with fewer resources... its the best underdog villain story there is.

Knight Protector eluded to it already: the current server narrative does not nurture Lolth-dominant culture like Ultrinnan did. L'Obsul is not a Drow-dominant city and Thran'daariv (formerly Nec'Perya) is currently out of Drow hands: it was taken from them by force. That's not to say Lolthites can't exist, House Vilrath is a testament to that, they just have to be more pragmatic and less extreme then their R.A Salvatore depiction. More intelligent in how they apply their evil and more broad in ambition as well as scope.

The silver lining however, is that now is a profitable time to get involved. The DM team have tied us in with the evolving narrative and a plot is underway (albeit a little more irregularly then planned.)

If you need characters to guide you, look for the following:

- Kerath Zau'tar
- Naltyrr Zau'tar
- Jhaeliria D'Vilrath
- Tagnik'zur D'Vilrath

We're all regular players, and happy to help.

[edit] If you're after becoming part of a more traditional Drow House, message "thelastdragonrider" ingame. Tagnik'zur is a Matron and can recruit those into her house as she sees fit.

In contrast, I play Jhaeliria: The Twisting Witch. If you see me about, feel free to say g'day. Always happy to talk underdark.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

sacoroth

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 18 2020, 20:51 PM 

Player

Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated.

Budly

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 27 2020, 9:08 AM 

Player

Ohhh, Barri be "Happy" to see new Drow!

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]