View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
mirvala-

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 16 2014, 21:53 PM 

Player

That's good news!

And yes, traps fit pretty everywhere in an Underdark context. Treacherous undergrounds and all that. Brings additional fun, imo.

aka AgentOfLyumis

Galenson

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 16 2014, 22:01 PM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

I don't envy the man, woman or possibly machine, who volunteers to or is allocated the Underdark leveling areas. They have always been challenging to get "just right" due to the high ECL of most Underdark races.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

Arekkusu

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 23 2014, 7:29 AM 

Player

What I would love to see is more dynamic traps such as the ones to cross certain parts of the "Cave pockets" area, where we have to roll for a strenght check, use the rope and such across the UD hostile areas.

That would make the dungeons fit the hostile environment and bring that PnP feeling, I think.

Ronyo
Meredo Ashenmert
Chesswae Lolarox Image

LifeSpeech68

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2015, 15:52 PM 

Player

So I'm giving this a bit of a bump and going to add some input on the leveling.

I've talked to many people about this and most of them have said they hated leveling in the UD because its just not user friendly. On the surface, the journal gives you a bit of an idea on where to go to level yet you don't get that starting in the UD. It get quite frustrating and people tend to just quit because they have no idea where to go and what to do. I would like to see more people join the UD fun but as it stands now its barely growing. Perhaps there could be a bit of an overhaul on the hunting grounds but at the very least there needs to be a guide to nudge new players in the right direction.

Redelin Flintfar goodly cleric of Moradin.
Alaund Lolarox, enigmatic Weapon Master.

...on Amia

Arekkusu

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 17 2015, 2:02 AM 

Player

Perhaps some more quests would spice that up. The overhaul to L'obsul was definitely a good start... but once I asked about where to go in the UD, someone said it was the gritty hard nature of the Underdark that had things without guides... but that can be done with perhaps hard quests, not making things difficult to figure out.

Ronyo
Meredo Ashenmert
Chesswae Lolarox Image

Anatida

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 17 2015, 2:09 AM 

Player

The hunting areas in the UD are all being assessed and many of them adjusted so that the progression is more fluid. ATM so many of the 'dungeons' give the exact same xp, and there are gaps where there is no decent way to progress. Such an overhaul takes time though. :)

LifeSpeech68

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 17 2015, 17:02 PM 

Player

Arekkusu wrote:
Perhaps some more quests would spice that up. The overhaul to L'obsul was definitely a good start... but once I asked about where to go in the UD, someone said it was the gritty hard nature of the Underdark that had things without guides... but that can be done with perhaps hard quests, not making things difficult to figure out.

I get that, it is the treacherous underdark sure. However as cool as that is, it doesn't make well to get a player base as I said before, it frustrates people trying to make a UD character and they quit and the UD stays empty. Perhaps more quests would be nice since really a lot of the UD isn't really accessed or used much. Perhaps make use of these areas via quests?

Anatida wrote:
The hunting areas in the UD are all being assessed and many of them adjusted so that the progression is more fluid. ATM so many of the 'dungeons' give the exact same xp, and there are gaps where there is no decent way to progress. Such an overhaul takes time though. :)

Thats good to hear, I do think there needs to be some sort of overhaul to the hunting, but more importantly there needs to be a way to point players in the right direction when it comes to leveling. Via quests, as mentioned above and/or the journal like they have on A server. I can't tell you how many times I've spent looking at the list of areas and begin like: "Uh....what is this?" the only reason my drow is where he is, is because I had veteran UD players help and I did some leveling on the surface. It sucks when I have to wait for other players to jump on to ask for help and it really ruins the immersion for me when I have to go to the surface to level just because its too frustrating to do it in the UD. So if there is a sort of overhaul then good that is awesome but lets get some sort of help for new players as well if we can.

PS. L'obsul looks amazing, I'm truly impressed by the update :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Redelin Flintfar goodly cleric of Moradin.
Alaund Lolarox, enigmatic Weapon Master.

...on Amia

Mercedes

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 18 2015, 13:01 PM 

Player

Something I've noticed that I personally sorely miss while playing my cheerful little drowess: Cordon Market. I love player merchants and the surprise of what you can find on Hilrash. Makes it feel like a bustling little hub.

We've got stalls and a good atmosphere in L"obsul, so aside from some of the broken vendors I think we just don't have the traffic. Personally I believe having a central little place for RP and mechanical gain (commerce) supports a healthy community as much as a community supports it.

Along this line of thought, I am curious if anyone wouldn't mind joining up for a little OOC ad campaign on the forums, highlighting UD races, locales, and themes? Maybe some beginners tips and other useful info expressly aimed at attracting attention.

When I'm not on my phone perhaps I will make a full thread where interested parties may add some feedback on this.

RaveN

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 07 2015, 18:18 PM 

Administrative Developer

Food for thought: Would it be possible to have an auction vendor, where you submit an item, and then someone can buy it at a later time? It might even bring people to L'Obsul, to see/sell items.

I'd be willing to script it.

joe15552

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 17 2015, 16:20 PM 

Player

Arekkusu wrote:

I think this is a great idea. When I was leveling my priestess, she had the slaver job, and actually had a reason to explore some of those insanely difficult low - level areas. (HiPS and elemental damage? Oh my) If there were just one or two quests stuck in some of those places, even with no other changes, it would be an improvement.

.... or everyone could just get hunting jobs through the job system... ???? Nah, some of those quests are broken. Best to make some new quests.

joe15552

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 17 2015, 16:28 PM 

Player

The new L'Obsul is great, btw. I love the new better economy (say goodbye to 5k gold max selling price! Woot!), the better job system teacher placement (where did you learn to be a carpenter? Have you been consorting with surfacers ? Heresy!!!), and the better all around look and feel of the place.

The map seems slightly different than the actual area at times, and there is an odd floor tile up by the mythal forge that my character swims through... but overall, I am enjoying playing a low level in the new L'Obsul.

The Great Equalizer

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 17 2015, 18:15 PM 

Player

Was checking out the new L'Obsul design, I do like a number of the changes. However my only main issue is with the utilization of the area, before it did have a number of issues but I think one of the things it did well is spacing objects and NPCs in order to have each section of the map sever some purpose.

Now I like how the merchant are myself and think that smaller higher traffic areas like that are definitely best in areas that often get less PCs as it helps encourage chance meetings and thus interaction and RP. However in this case it almost looks like map design was done first an then filled, and so there and some noticeable... empty spaces, that do just feel rather oddly lacking any purpose currently.

The beginner quests could also use a bit of updating/expanding, just due to their age starting to show in comparison to a number of the comparable surface options now setup.

Last edited by The Great Equalizer on Fri, Apr 17 2015, 22:04 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Mercedes

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 17 2015, 21:15 PM 

Player

I think some changes are coming to this still, I think? There are also several PC initiatives going on which are sure to add some attraction to L'Obsul, especially from filthy, coin-holding surfacers :twisted:

Arkun

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 22 2015, 7:21 AM 

Player

It seems a bit quiet down here in the UD. I'm wondering if I could get an available DM sometime to get some things rolling?

Ts_

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 25 2015, 6:58 AM 

Player

Indeed. I don't even see Drow anymore when checking in on LObsul. That's a pity.

Yheardrin

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 28 2015, 4:20 AM 

Player

It all depends on when you are on really. We have a drow group on in the mornings state side. Velve Iu'Orbdrins the name.

Yheardrin Velve Iu'Orbdrin
Westin
BladeNmask

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 01 2015, 22:16 PM 

Player

Hey! I've been sparse myself during a RL career transition. ^^; I am getting back into the swing o' things though. Can the head of the new house in L'Obsul hit me up with your house roster and such? It will help in making you guys a faction and obtaining a base.

Also, as Mercedes hinted at, PCs tend to drive the plot in the UD. It's a little bit different than some of the plots you may find surface side. If you are working on something (solo or in a group), and need assistance moving forward with it, please drop me a PM!

Arkun

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 03 2015, 20:15 PM 

Player

PM sent, DustSpray. :D

Arkun

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 05 2015, 22:04 PM 

Player

We require 1 DM for Sunday. If anyone's free and up for it, I'd love to get together to discuss what we'd like to do. :)

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 13 2015, 17:38 PM 

Player

It may be the wrong Sunday, as I was out of town last weekend, but I am on this Sunday! Right now in fact!

Infernal_Pain

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 13 2015, 19:39 PM 

Player

Who should I be in contact with about L'obster's duergar side of things? I.e. what's their role in the place, what do they do, what do they run/own et cetera?

Arkun

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 18 2015, 1:22 AM 

Player

Hi there Infernal. Not a DM but I can give some advice.

In L'Obsul, Duergar kinda run things alongside Drow and the small illithid presence that litters about L'Obsul. In the mine area they're basically the only race you'll see, while the merchants seem to be a smattering of Drow and other races -- mostly Drow.

I've got a question/feedback at the moment for the DMs:

Are we going to get a DM coming down to the UD anytime soon? With LetumLux stepping back completely, it seems we're going to be relegated to nowheresville at the moment. I know DustSpray101's coming back but it doesn't seem to be any time soon - and we're looking forward to Dusty's return - but as of right now, there's not really a single DM eye on the UD, and as such we can't really push any real big plot forwards.

So.. Any news on that front? Or are we slated for a slow fade-away? We House Torviir folk have been trying to get more players down here, but with no DM eye to really push anything along, we're going to putter out and probably leave.

Arkun

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 20 2015, 2:44 AM 

Player

Bumping this.

No DMs, at least two people we managed to get playing down in the UD don't seem to be playing Amia at all anymore, because there's really no way we can progress anything or get any true plots going for much.

I know there's a few DMs that might be weary of coming down here, but you should give it a try. We're a smaller community, we'd like to have something to work with before people just stop logging on to their Drow out of boredom again.

RaveN

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 25 2016, 13:48 PM 

Administrative Developer

If anyone needs a matron presence in Nec'perya, particularly near the Northwestern house or temple, you can send me a PM and I will try to meet with you.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 25 2016, 15:53 PM 

Player

Yaaaaaaaay!

Likewise, I'm always happy to get on Zrae for anyone. Seriously, glad to see the UD getting some action and I have been sad that Nec'perya has been so dusty.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Commie

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 25 2016, 16:30 PM 

Player

keep in mind that city is still bugged to fuck and back and if you're making a drow, you just can't start in L'Obsul as it defaults you to underport which breaks you when you attempt to respawn (as you can't return 'home').

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Onyx99

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 25 2016, 18:45 PM 

Player

Just create your char on B and choose Recommended as your starting location. You will then start and be set in l'Obsul. Just tested it. :)

Commie

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 25 2016, 23:01 PM 

Player

oh snap that's a good workaround. if you do it on A it starts you in the underport.

so what is the Drow home on A then? still underport?

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

angst360

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 25 2016, 23:29 PM 

Player

There isn't one. Faction home does not work in the travel agency and if you die, the 'life and home' option doesn't work either.... and slot 1 on the portal wand is blank.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 26 2016, 0:09 AM 

Player

Yeah, it still needs fixing sadly. I would have done it, but I don't have the necessary access.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Zanthair

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 03 2016, 23:12 PM 

Player

yay activity

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 08 2016, 11:07 AM 

Player

Tentatively back, though only on a weekend basis for the time being because y'know, LIFE.

Who is our resident UD DM?

NWN Account Name: KnightProtector

#StraightOutaAvernus

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 08 2016, 19:32 PM 

Player

Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

In theory, I'm understanding that Bumble has talked about taking over, sort of. The UD doesn't actually have enough of a player base to merit a specialized DM; but as of late, she's the one I've been talking to.

*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time

Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers

angst360

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 09 2016, 6:00 AM 

Player

In L'obsul there are couple who seem to be quite interested in the renewed activity and have offered to help out.

Nec'perya might be a more difficult situation since there is at least one major plot that is incomplete. But, I imagine if a house became active over there they would draw some interest as well. Kind of a 'if you build it they will come' type deal. It would seem, the key is to create the demand through dedication and to accept that it might take a while to build it back up.

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 09 2016, 11:30 AM 

Player

I'll keep an eye out for those rascals on weekends then.

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 12 2016, 10:19 AM 

Player

I think we can unsticky some of these topics now with Nec'perya conquered. Or rather, please do.

The Vanguard
Nec'perya Ban List
Temple Rankings
Government Structure
From the ashes; the Empire shall rise AKA Nec'perya daily life thread (somehow a Rebirth Forged in Dragonfire seems like an appropriately named successor ha ha 8) )
Temple Edicts

#StraightOutaAvernus

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 12 2016, 10:59 AM 

Player

Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

YES. DO THIS. DEUS VULT. NON NOBUS DOMINE

*all right.

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 12 2016, 11:27 AM 

Player

Also I encourage Underdark denizens to contribute a profile post to this topic here.

#StraightOutaAvernus

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 12 2016, 18:32 PM 

Player

Will do!

By the by -- while we're talking forum changes, I'm still waiting to be made moderator. I would ask about the Vanguard subforum but that's not immediately in need of change for any IC reasons.

*all right.

#StraightOutaAvernus

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 13 2016, 21:39 PM 

Player

I'd like a sub forum created for the City Administration if it's possible! Can mention who to add as needed.

ICly, it'll be the Temple Messageboard 'and' City Works ones; so I'd consolidate it under the thread name 'Temple of Tiamat'

*all right.

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 25 2016, 23:45 PM 

Player

I am embracing the cloud of unknowing and will be forgetting Amia exists for the next five days or so as I prepare to slay the two-headed dragon known as Deadlines.

So I won't be around IG or the forums for a bit!

#StraightOutaAvernus

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 25 2016, 23:58 PM 

Player

<3 Ride on to slay the deadlines my friend.

*all right.

Lutra

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 26 2016, 4:23 AM 

Player

#StraightOutaAvernus wrote:
I'd like a sub forum created for the City Administration if it's possible! Can mention who to add as needed.

ICly, it'll be the Temple Messageboard 'and' City Works ones; so I'd consolidate it under the thread name 'Temple of Tiamat'

It would be a secret forum?

#StraightOutaAvernus

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 26 2016, 6:19 AM 

Player

Correct! Like the vanguard one is now

*all right.

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 02 2016, 2:05 AM 

Player

As a FYI, my activity will remain sporadoc and unreliable for the next two weeks

Lutra

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 04 2016, 18:55 PM 

Player

#StraightOutaAvernus wrote:
Correct! Like the vanguard one is now

I would recommend using the faction forum for that since the two things have merged lately. The Vanguard forum would be ideal but since the knowledge of the Vanguard and the SOrcere disappeared when youguys took the city, it might not be the best solution to open it up.

#StraightOutaAvernus

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 05 2016, 5:51 AM 

Player

Still waiting for stickies

here,here, here,here, and here.

Meanwhile, it's probably safe to unsticky the old IC threads on Nec'perya's structure, ban list, rankings, Vanguard, and temple edicts -- as they are all yesterday's tomatoes.

"From the Ashes, the Empire shall Rise" could probably go too, but I'm less persnickety about that one seeing as it's mostly archival stuff anyway.

*all right.

#StraightOutaAvernus

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 15 2016, 23:14 PM 

Player

Bump.

Also -- I ran a poll. Can we get a 'new' sub forum made maybe for the city administration? Not the old Vanguard one, but a different one altogether; to accommodate those involved with the city but not the faction. That might work. If not here, can we at least get that sub forum in the faction forums for organization purposes? Thanx

*all right.

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 15 2016, 23:49 PM 

Player

I can create the subforum, assuming DMs approve it of it first. It's their call, there.

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Lutra

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 17 2016, 3:25 AM 

Player

A subforum works if really needed but for now I think that the faction forum integrates the city business.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next