View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
Yossarin

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 09 2014, 18:06 PM 

Player

Hey, cave dwellers. I need your help for a little project that will be updated in the near future. What I am looking for is a 1-2 paragraph description of L'Obsul, Nec'Perya and Underport written in the style of a travel guide writer. I know that there is a lot to these UD destinations, but we want just the essence of it. The goal is to let a character (and moreso, a player) know that there are places for their underdark character on the server, and a little about the places and maybe more or less where to find them.

After one (or a few) of you have prepared a draft I will take it, give it a final edit (no promises on keeping it exactly like the original, but I do my best) and then submit it for the project. I am looking for a separate entry for L'Obsul, Nec'Perya, and Underport.

Looking to have this in the next couple of days, at least. Thank you to anyone who steps up!

Yossarin

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 09 2014, 19:10 PM 

Player

Just received a good write up for L'Obsul. Thanks! Still looking for the others.

Yossarin

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 12 2014, 5:39 AM 

Player

A little something on Nec'Perya would be especially helpful. I don't have the faintest idea about it and I think one of the players invested somewhat in it would be the best to give it a brief little overview. No major undertaking, just enough to give me something to work with.

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 12 2014, 14:45 PM 

Player

This info is suppose to be used In-Game right in an IC fashion?

Zanthair

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 12 2014, 15:34 PM 

Player

i think yoss wants a description so he can embellish and make it an IC travelers guide.

I have an idea for a writeup by an outside observer, but i haven't had any time to put it to paper.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 12 2014, 16:05 PM 

Player

Pretty sure this is all OOC info, not to be used IC. Or am I wrong, Yoss?

Also, there some stuff that I posted here a while back. That's got a decent amount of Nec'perya info. Though it's a bit out of date and could be updated. I'm failing at creative writing lately, though.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Yossarin

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 12 2014, 16:39 PM 

Player

Yeah, it is OOC. Styled a small bit like IC, but ultimately OOC.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 12 2014, 20:29 PM 

Player

I like the L'Obsul write up, whomever submitted it!

Yossarin

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 13 2014, 18:58 PM 

Player

You can thank Estara for that.

Also, Naivatkal, thanks for pointing me to some of that information. I was able to commandeer some of it (and had to fabricate a bit of it, too, because I'm uncertain of the place's origins), but I still need a bit more help.

Quote:
In ancient times an aboleth city held dominion over this Underdark cavern that was once assumed to have been entirely underwater. After the Great Quake of 1372, much of the standing water in these caverns fled deeper into the Underdark, and as the water table receded this cyclopean city of massive, irregular stone blocks emerged, buoyed upon an island of rock. The island now is home to the survivors of the destroyed drow city-caverns of Edonil who migrated there by boat and the Will of the Valsharess. Under the direction of her divine visions, they secured what spiders they could and forayed to their new home, which they called Nec'Perya.

Nec'Perya is remarkably different from other Lolthite enclaves, for the residents are refugee drow squatting in the ruins of an ancient civilization that is surrounded by faerzress radiation. But...

The city is also predominantly Lolthite and Selvetarm worshippers, though Kiaransaleeans are allowed so long as they observe the proper social mores. Followers of Vhaeraun and Ghaunadaur would, of course, do best to keep their religious inclinations a closely guarded secret.

What I need to know is - do I have the first paragraph correct about its potential origins and design? Most aboleth cities are described as being constructed that way and are completely underwater. If I'm wrong, someone just correct me/steer me in the right direction.

I also need to know 3 things: what attractions/draws are there in Nec'Perya that potential players need to know? Svensk, that's right up your alley because you put thought into what makes me people want to be/play their character in places. I also need to know how one gets to Nec'Perya in the first place, as well as an idea of what hunting areas might be near it.

Zanthair

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 13 2014, 19:11 PM 

Player

Yossarin wrote:
I also need to know 3 things: what attractions/draws are there in Nec'Perya that potential players need to know? Svensk, that's right up your alley because you put thought into what makes me people want to be/play their character in places. I also need to know how one gets to Nec'Perya in the first place, as well as an idea of what hunting areas might be near it.

1. Growing city with much opportunity for advancement. Economic blank slate with plans for vast weapon and golem manufacture, opportunity to make money off imports. For drow and other accepted races, the vanguard offers opportunities to advance in rank on the island.
2. Transport has been established from the L'Obsul port to Nec'Perya via barge. The barges, however, only carry accepted underdark races. No humans will be getting passage unless they somehow sneak on.
3. The only direct access hunting ground is the skum somewhat down the plateau underwater. I'd say they're in the 10-12 ecl range?

I'd include something about the budding navy, and its my understanding that there are exploratory ventures in the works (eg, if food cant be grown on site, we'll find someplace suitable to grow it ourselves like a colony)

Yossarin

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 13 2014, 19:39 PM 

Player

Nice, very useful stuff that. Can anyone comment on the Nec'Perya origins (the cavern unflooding, revealing the island, etc.). I have no idea if that was ever spelled out by any DM or otherwise.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 13 2014, 20:33 PM 

Player

It was explored in plot and the knowledge has been spread sufficiently that I do not feel there are any spoilers in posting it now:

The cavern wall collapse that led to the exposure of the cavern that is now home to Nec'perya occurred some time around -9,800 DR, as a misintended result of the high magic spell cast to keep the Dark Elves in the Underdark. The alien, primordial structures that now lay visible predate that and are thought to have been abandoned by the Aboleths at some point before the Crown Wars even began.

The Skum that still lay as a threat to the town (in number, more so than power) are the descendants of the slave hordes that once served the Aboleths.

Note on the on the transport/Navy:
Nec'perya boasts the one and only ship presently capable of surviving repeating trips against the tremendous rapids and currents that lay between L'Obsul and the descending tunnels of the Black Waterway which link it to Nec'perya. That ship is the Spider Bearer. It is the first ship of its kind to be seen in the Underdark, boasting two massive paddle wheels and an adamantine/mithral-clad hull.

Transportation on the vessel is still limited to Drow and Drow alone at this time, though that is subject to change.

Yossarin

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 13 2014, 20:38 PM 

Player

Bonus, thanks.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 13 2014, 20:46 PM 

Player

Happy to help! :)

Galenson

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 17 2014, 9:49 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

Yoss, for your perusal:

Quote:
Underport is a known Illithid Outpost, buried deep in the caverns of the Amia's northern most regions. Many of its buildings appear old in design, giving the impression that the small trading port has been present on Amia for quite some time, despite only being accessible for a few years by the Adventurous population.

Despite the secrecy that hangs over the port like thick fog, if an item needs to be acquired Underport's your place. That is if you've got the means to pay for it....

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

Yossarin

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 18 2014, 12:51 PM 

Player

Thanks, Galenson!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]