View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 28 2013, 17:15 PM 

Player

Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

Quote:
Note: Black Guards are accepted only if their powers are from Selvetarm or Lolth. (// Remember that you can get help with this via rituals and such from the PCs or DMs if you want to go this path)

I just found this and as I haven't taken my first Black Guard level yet I'm wondering if this assistance is available. Rith'tar is a devout follower of Selvetarm. Please let me know. Thanks.

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 28 2013, 18:24 PM 

Player

Imo i think you should just step into the temple and ask for help :)

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 28 2013, 22:16 PM 

Player

Good advice...unfortunately Rithtar isn't even able to get to Nec'perya right now.

The post I saw was OOCly saying to request assistance so that's what I did.

I have no idea if the head priestess' player is even into doing a Selvetarm Black Guard ritual. Or if there is a priest of Selvetarm that wants to or is allowed to perform this kind of ritual. Or if a DM would be interested in doing a drow Selvetarm specific BG ritual. Or if a DM is required to over see the event.

Since this isn't something that's isn't defined on the NWN or Amia forums it would be up to the players/DM to have a little bit of OOC discussion to make sure we're all on the same page, I'm thinking. This is going to be the basis of the characters actions from here on out so it's pretty important to me.

Rith'tar can pray to Selvetarm and take that BG level on his own, however, the idea of this being RP with others sounded intriguing.

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar

Pulawski

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 28 2013, 22:29 PM 

Player

Well, even if i am currently not in the temple, once i am, Zarsara would not mind doing it, if you want :)

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 28 2013, 22:39 PM 

Player

Man I totally thought I had posted here.

OOC I'm iffy to do it on my (Zrae's) own but only because I haven't done it before. Plus, she does all the 'swearing in' of people as it is, which needs to stop :D lol

If we could get Dusty or Galenson on with Zanthair and I then I'd love to take part and watch while Zan does the Selly-thing with his fellow worshiper :mrgreen: Alternatively, just Zan and I would work, don't really need a DM. A DM is certainly not required, the rituals and stuff is mostly saved for RP flavor.

As for getting to Nec', it's not that hard. Heckle one of the drow and they can meet up with you and get you taken into the city! Sadly our ferries are not in the module yet.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 28 2013, 23:15 PM 

Player

Thanks for all the input. :)

Pulawski, I'm going to take you up on your offer. PM sent. :)

Zanthair

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 29 2013, 4:32 AM 

Player

Hi!

guess i'm actually needed for something *grumble*

Time to try and find my disks so i can finally install on this laptop :?

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 29 2013, 18:20 PM 

Player

Sorry to hear you're having problems, Zanthair. And you're off the hook. I've got this covered. Thanks to everyone who responded.

Special thanks to the Drow players RP that is making the ritual possible!

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 03 2014, 12:56 PM 

Player

My opinion:
A male blackguard of lolth should be held in QUITE high regard, even among priestesses of lolth. He is a male who have pledged his SOUL to lolth and evidently, he is rewarded (The spells and stuff he gets)
Id say your standing in society is greatly improved!

The Great Equalizer

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 03 2014, 14:51 PM 

Player

All true "Lolthites" more or less pledge their souls to Lolth since she gets them when they die, being their diety and all. But as for male blackguards or priest being help in high regard... generally not any more than any other male (which is to say not very much) the problem is that its a very matriarchal society with females holding and hording power and with the temple (priestesses) being at the top of the power pyramid with the only somewhat powerful male being the very top mages or warriors and that is really only due to the fact that they have influence over others under them.

Now where the male BG/priest issue come in is that generally it is seen by priestesses as a male thinking himself above his station and trying to cut in on Lolth's true favoured (aka females) which generally earns such males scorn (or a knife in the face) should they try to rise above any females of the temple which generally relegates them to either always being relatively low ranked temple agents which doesn't give much influence and thus not much real respect (although it might give protection as messing with them could be seen as messing with the temple) or they can basically go the warrior route and gain as much status as a male can that way.

So really it gives more options but it also gives more ways to get yourself killed (or make enemies of the wrong people which can be worse).

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 03 2014, 15:04 PM 

Player

On the one hand, there's respect. On the other, approval. You can have approval without respect, in a sense.

By that I mean while no female would pay actual respect to a male BG (actual cleric is a tad different, depending on if he actually holds a ranking in said Temple, but if he doesn't probably no different, idk) the priestesses may actually look favorably upon them. In that, they would want him receiving the same respect a priestess of Lolth receives, but they would likely in some way signify that he is to be treated of a higher station than a typical male. Plus, that makes for interesting male/male dynamics since it would likely shake things up.

This is why they are extra useful in things like the Spider Guard, where they can serve the Temple and fulfill his duties to Lolth (plus they can keep an eye on him). In the end, too, even a cleric or BG of Lolth has to remember that attacking a female is a potentially grave offense; even if that female is just a noble or commoner that disrespected him. Tis all about dynamics!

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 03 2014, 16:45 PM 

Player

Ha-ha! It's in the RP my friends. BG gets the male more physical power, that extra wisdom helps too. However, ultimately it's the RP that will determine the males place.

Thanks for your thoughts I really enjoyed the opinions. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]