View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Strom
 
PostPosted: Tue, Jul 01 2014, 1:29 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Location: Wales, UK

In recent days a pair of men are seen working to turn L'Obsul's mushroom kitchen into something of an anomaly. Despite the ramshackle setting and crude equipment the svirfneblin and half-drow seem to leave more than a few customers happy with their strange new cuisine. Underdark delicacies, accentuated with exotic spices and herbs from the surface world. And likewise, surface food served alongside the vast plethora of fungi, mosses and unique fish that lurk in the deep rivers.
Not only that, but liquors and spirits seem on sale in the dozens, distilled and bottled by diligent enterprise. The pair seem to linger in the later hours of the cycles, tempting visiting drow, other merchants and adventurers with coin to their modest stall -- with the simple offering of food beyond the quality usually seen L'Obsul's dreary climes. When asked what they are called, meager introductions are given secondary to the name of their budding business;

The Underpork Consortium: Purveyors of Fine Foods and Beverages

_________________
Characters:

Rook

Image

Timezone: UK (GMT+0)


 
      
Karelg
 
PostPosted: Mon, Aug 25 2014, 3:33 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Nov 2007

A relatively young female Drow arrived per boat in Nec'Perya, her armour covered in ornate markings coloured in black and a dull grey. Her face showcased several piercings, one through her nose as well as a few in her left ear. On her left hip she caried a katana hidden by a scabbard which was also covered in ornate markings, yet had a mixture of gold and black. On her chest she proudly wore an aged badge that denoted her as Jess d'l'Orbb. After exploring the city, her first course of action was to leave a public notice at the Vanguard's HQ.

Ex-Sut'rinos Xa'chena has returned and is reporting for duty. I request a meeting with a representative of the Vanguard in order to discuss a new position within this city. Beyond my experience, I also bring insights and oppertunities which will be of interest.


 
      
Genar_Detkasa
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 04 2014, 12:10 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia [GMT +10]

A response is tacked on.


Ex-Sut'rinos Xa'chena

We can certainly speak, you can find me around Headquarters typically.

Naltyrr d’Lolarox
Sut’rinos of the Vanguard




// I'm around if you're game to meet up.

_________________
NWN Account Name: KnightProtector


 
      
Infernal_Pain
 
PostPosted: Sun, Dec 07 2014, 0:58 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Jun 2005
Location: In an armchair, stroking a cat

A steel-clad Duergar carrying a warhammer and a shield almost his size wanders into L'Obsul, seemingly native to the region but looking around like he'd been gone for quite a while. And yes, to any who'd care to ask, he does profess to having been on the road, even spending a great deal of time on the surface. He takes a keen interest in the local Duergar population, their leadership and how they are organized in general, as well as asking around about local businesses these days, particularly slave trade.

((Just bringing and old duergar of mine back for whatever action I could get around the UD.

_________________
Krimmor Nurad ~ Master of Greed


 
      
Carnivorous
 
PostPosted: Fri, Feb 13 2015, 20:45 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 05 Dec 2006

An odd kobold who is often disappearing for weeks or months at a time but returning every now and again for an undistinguished amount of time in L'Obsul. The creature is often seen when visiting L'Obsul in the mushroom grove and leaving with a few bags in tow on top of a giant jumping spider with a white triangle painted on the thorax spending a worrying amount of time (Any amount of time) with the Deep Gnomes in making his product which is disappointingly just booze. He is rarely seen without his spider in tow. Sometimes with a rope to guide the thing about or just without anything at all.

_________________
Account: digit3000

Plays:
Thesekar Blackfang - Kobold Acolyte of Savras
Karif Sauriv - Kobold Stray


 
      
maseoo
 
PostPosted: Fri, Apr 03 2015, 13:07 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Dec 2014

A seasoned duergar enters L'Obsul, seemingly arriving from nowhere, with a mark of a near-fatal blow to the head clearly visible. He keeps to himself mostly.
Unsure where he is, he upon arrival immediately sets into the nearby tunnels to steal what he can from the game of the depths in order to survive, live, and escape possible enslavement.
At other times he barters quietly with the merchants, or stares at passers-by with an ale in his hand.
Lately he seems more well equipped, and with a stronger sense of direction than before, when venturing into the tunnels.

_________________
Mynthir Bloodletter
Umrae


 
      
Mercedes
 
PostPosted: Tue, Apr 07 2015, 19:36 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2011

The cycle following her Matron's greetings of the visitors from abroad, the sorceress would stumble into L'obsul seeming worn and wearied, as if vitality had been taken from her in her travels. She would not regard those she passed overmuch, heading for the ship to Nec'perya with no particular hurry in her wanderings: no, there would be plenty time yet.


 
      
joe15552
 
PostPosted: Thu, Apr 16 2015, 22:22 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA

Vuz'lyn d'Lolarox has been seen trading with the merchants and training with the weavers and tailors in L'Obsul. He is unmistakably himself, for he frequently bumps into walls and trips over his robes as he walks about, lost in thought. There are subtle differences, however. His muscles seem slightly more toned, his manner is slightly more graceful, and some of his youthful vigor seems to have faded away.

The most significant change can be seen in his eyes that were once full of mischief and wanderlust. They are now dim and dark, as if they had looked too long upon something horrific.


 
      
LifeSpeech68
 
PostPosted: Wed, Apr 22 2015, 6:09 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 26 Sep 2011

Alaund would be seen sitting at the bar in L'obsul conversing with the various patrons speaking about the local rumors and gossip. He would be most interested about any words regarding the emissary from Menzobarranzan if any were spoken. Drinking the local wine and smoking from his pipe, his demeanor is rather relaxed as his golden eyes glance through the trade area with a scrutinizing gaze to each the come pass him.

_________________
I Play.....
Zeo, Great Kobold Sorcerer
Taal Datton, Half-Elven Ranger of Mielikki
Redelin Flintfar goodly cleric of Moradin.
Alaund Lolarox, enigmatic Weapon Master.

...on Amia


 
      
Ts_
 
PostPosted: Thu, Aug 27 2015, 0:39 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 28 Jul 2008

Unusually content looking, the Orog female Ralghok would sit at the L'Obsul bar with a half-empty drink, showing quite a lot of leg. She makes eye-contact with any other orc-blooded visitor, while idly sharpening her fangs with a piece of stone.

Before she leaves, she pays the Orog barkeeper extra for a Blood Wine for Grumglesh on the next occasion.

_________________
Ralghok & Hazamir "The Weasel"


 
      
Ts_
 
PostPosted: Sat, Aug 29 2015, 13:12 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 28 Jul 2008

Two hulking, horrible orog-oger crossbreeds and Ralghok's smaller but still imposing figure can be seen walking through L'Obsul. It is clear she is the only one familiar with the place, but she tries to stay behind the two males.

Accompanied by a kobold in white robes, they enter the upper tunnels. The three massive beasts don't return that same cycle.

_________________
Ralghok & Hazamir "The Weasel"


 
      
Supreme_Pizza
 
PostPosted: Mon, Sep 07 2015, 11:07 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 30 Jul 2015

// From the Memoirs of Reriam Zedelgel

L'Obsul grows ever such a bore. The drow ever so numerous all act the same. One after another, seeking allegiance. The scheming and maneuvering limit the race as a whole. How they ever get anything done is beyond me. I now understand my usefulness to them. Without slaves they'd never get anything done. Naltyrr seems the only one with the foresight to build constructs. They seem the only means to any end with all the in fighting and politics.

--

I've finally found my way out. I made it to the Chapel of Auril. There are some interesting ice golem specimens. Without flesh, armor, or weapons it will take weeks or months of study to learn their secrets of construction. For the time being I will take temporary residence with Shastimon the Peddler. She works in Kuldi Minn Tavern peddling goods. We have an arrangement. I bring her trinkets that I find in exchange for room and board. I don't know how she sells enough to survive in Chillwyck, I seem to be the only business this town has seen for some time. There is only one other adventure I see on the roads here and he warns of trouble to the north. The town's only claim to fame seems to be an idol to Ulutiu. From my research he's a deity of ice giant druids or some sort. Perhaps that is what is north of Chillwyck. I will head the adventurer's warning for now.


 
      
PuresoulX2
 
PostPosted: Fri, Nov 06 2015, 8:53 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 15 Sep 2008
Location: Canada

A robed Orog carrying a staff can be seen in L'obsul at times. He appears to be very sociable and respectful to others if observed.

_________________
Devlin Faramond, Priest of Tempus
Aithne Ryrathrak, Red Dragon Disciple


 
      
Broldi
 
PostPosted: Sat, Nov 28 2015, 12:23 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 06 Dec 2012

Two faces all too scarcely seen around the glorious city of Nec'Perya, two of Ussen D'Vhid, an elegant female drow pacing out of a portal, eyeing her well done nails before she cast a glance over shoulder to her jaluk, who strides out behind her, the savage of a noble at the very best, carrying a female drow unconscious over hes shoulder. He gave a grunt and nod as he steps through, following after his mistress toward the vanguard.

_________________
MAURICE "THE JUGGERNAUT" GRAFF


 
      
PassionateShadow
 
PostPosted: Sat, Feb 06 2016, 1:40 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 07 Jun 2014

A very odd appearance would have appeared with in the city a towering figure giving off a warm glow would be seen. His Armour and clothing covered in blood and dirt. He seems to wander quite a bit in the city. He doesn't sleep for the time he is here constantly looking about with a book in hand making notes. He doesn't often speak to any one and should they speak to him he only seems to be able to speak in common or Drow. The winged figure was clearly out of place.

_________________
❤ Amia is Fun Again! ❤
#GreenisNotACreativeColour

Image
"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."


 
      
Ts_
 
PostPosted: Sun, Feb 28 2016, 13:51 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 28 Jul 2008

*Maybe somewhat surprising to the other denizens, a man with brown hair in grey armor and the large female Orog Ralghok can be seen drinking and talking together at L'Obsuls bar. (Even though the barkeep had no milk for the man ...) They were sitting quite close to each other, but not everything they talked about seemed to be pleasant.

In the end, the Orog tried to make the man leave through his portal wand, but eventually and after some protest escorted him into the upper tunnels.*

// edit: fixed description

_________________
Ralghok & Hazamir "The Weasel"


 
      
dvdb35
 
PostPosted: Thu, Mar 17 2016, 1:52 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 12 Oct 2015
Location: Canada

A female, Drow priestess arrives in L'Obsul with a youthful yet stone gaze. She offers displeasing looks as she interacts with the commoners of L'Obsul respecting trade and commerce in her dire time. Soon after this priestess is seen to communicate with other Drow and lesser races with the secret motives hidden behinds her deceivingly shifty eyes. She can be seen travelling from a house, to the shops, and down to the forge as she looks for those that would barter. With each passing she makes into Nec'Preya she keeps up an invisible step, very few footprints are left in the Drow society from this Priestess as of yet -- aside from a few informative conversations.


 
      
Luckbringer
 
PostPosted: Mon, Apr 04 2016, 8:39 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Mar 2011
Location: The frozen north

Out through the upperdark tunnels emerges a new visitor to L'Obsul, a small grey creature which goes unseen by those without magical vision to pierce illusions. It stulks about the city silently from dark corner to dark corner seeking out the settlement of others of its kind.

_________________
aaegus battlehammer
cloak rockhewer
murtaugh gunn


 
      
Infernal_Pain
 
PostPosted: Mon, Apr 11 2016, 19:35 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Jun 2005
Location: In an armchair, stroking a cat

A duergar-like figure clad in grey and burgundy leathers, hooded and cloaked, enters the settlement via the upperdark tunnels. Massively obese, the figure is pretty far removed from the duergar population safe for height. The figure skuls about in peace, taking in the underground settlement and its goings-on, before beginning a careful enquiry of gemstone merchants.

_________________
Krimmor Nurad ~ Master of Greed


 
      
Luckbringer
 
PostPosted: Wed, Apr 13 2016, 19:11 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Mar 2011
Location: The frozen north

The little grey creature departs L'Obsul as obscurely as it entered, through the Upperdark tunnels to the surface. Whatever business it was conducting in the city had ended and it leaves silently..

_________________
aaegus battlehammer
cloak rockhewer
murtaugh gunn


 
      
angst360
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jul 14 2016, 21:27 PM 



Player

Joined: 10 Jul 2014

A drow male, cloaked in black, scurries through the corridors of L'obsul. He occasionally stops to deliver a charismatic sermon extolling the opportunities that joining the "trade" alliance could possibly bring forth.


 
      
naturesfolly
 
PostPosted: Mon, Jul 18 2016, 3:54 AM 



Player

Joined: 29 Dec 2007

Coming home to no home

It was familiar but different, same but sadly lacking, at least in her perception. The priestess was accustommed to a much different welcome when striding the streets of L'obsul but that was long ago. What appears to be a forgotten time. A time when her Quellar demanded respect and fear, and all knew to be wary of her presence. Oh, there was respect as befitting her station but no recognition as to who she was. How many years has it been she mused since last she strode these caverns, time not so regarded or considered where she had been. Still the lack of familiarity, the loss of a home and what's more the loss of her entire Quellar. It was a bit overwhelming. Even more disturbing were the rumors of it's demise and possible treachery involved.

As she walks the various thoroughfares of the trade city she reflects on the way she remembered it. Perhaps this was better than it had been, it did appear to be prosperous but also decadent and unsupervised. But then this was ever a refuge of all sorts of subterranean iblith and in her opinion should be left as such, even in the days of beloved Edonil. A sigh escapes her as she recollects cycles long past.

No matter, she was returned now, home to no home. She will discover the truths of Edonil's demise and vengeance will be dealt to those responsible. That is, if they were even still around, which she was certain some were. If they rhought her Quellar was lost to the anals of time they were mistaken. She has returned and therefore her Quellar had returned as well. The name Tinnerai will be known again and reclaim the respect it once held, she would see to that. An evil glare shines in her eyes as she contemplates the future. Let the games begin.


 
      
angst360
 
PostPosted: Tue, Jul 19 2016, 19:51 PM 



Player

Joined: 10 Jul 2014

Most cycles, Barfryn could be seen walking through the bazaar of L'obsul.

He tried to maintain a presence, speaking with visitors who expressed an interest in furthering trade and commerce.

Occasionally, he would spot 'talent' that could be put to use elsewhere...

Of late, his walking had morphed into pacing. Beneath his cowl, Barfryn would occassionaly chew the corner of his bottom lip as he, once again, tried to think his way through the maze of intrigue which now surrounded him.

When the dark elf would begin to feel as though the walls of the maze were closing in, Barfryn would wander off in search of new, fresh intrigue.. with the hope that its introduction into the mix would bring him closer to the realization of his goals. But, he needn't bother, it would seem intrigue was the hunter and Barfryn the hunted...


 
      
Broldi
 
PostPosted: Fri, Jul 22 2016, 18:28 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 06 Dec 2012

Almost silent is the wizard who paces the pit that is L'Obsul, often riding the lift to and from the upper and lower levels. Hauling the odd material pieces in and out of his lab tower in Lower L'Obsul. Sometimes with a group of raptors on chains, all looking rather docile, almost mindless. They followed the tug of the chain submissively behind the wizards step.

Before he retires for rest, he leaves a note on the board near the market and another near the Halls Of Negotiation.

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=86727

_________________
MAURICE "THE JUGGERNAUT" GRAFF


 
      
#StraightOutaAvernus
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 31 2016, 23:59 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

[And so the green kin, frequent a sight in the city as she'd been becoming, happens down this cycle with a 'stupidly' large amount of wood -- stamped, apparently, with sales brands marking it from Kampo's; to the most observant. Wood of all sorts and manner and other building supplies bundled along to boot, and she carries it not home; but rather to the Warren.]

_________________
*So, i've got a question for ya.
*do you think even the worst person can change…?
*that everyone can be a good person, if they just try?
*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time


Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers


 
      
angst360
 
PostPosted: Thu, Aug 04 2016, 5:01 AM 



Player

Joined: 10 Jul 2014

The Nightshadow (as all members of Vhaerauns clergy are called) would quietly slip into the place of power, unremarked upon by those who may have caught a glimpse.. as he had visited this building on numerous occasions under the guise of 'trade' alliance business. He would slowly roll back the cowl of his cloak, carefully examining the council chamber for signs of other presences. Once satisfied that he was alone and would not be interrupted, the male cleric would begin the ritual. A strong, long lasting spell of darkness would engulf the entirety of the chamber, turning it into a void of blackness.

In the center of the council chamber, where will and power merge to govern, he would kneel in silent prayer. Perhaps he sought guidance, or wished to report progress... none but the Nightshadow and The Masked God of Night would ever know.

Once the ritual was complete, and the darkness had faded away, he would exit the Hall of Negotiations with a calm and purposeful manner. A mischievous grin (hidden beneath the mask he wore on such outings) played across his features, lighting his red eyes with a glimmer of amusement. The look only lasted a moment, as there was much work left to be done...


 
      
naturesfolly
 
PostPosted: Mon, Aug 08 2016, 3:50 AM 



Player

Joined: 29 Dec 2007

Phyrgauss’vyrae Tinnerai strides confidently through the streets and alleyways, both natural and hewn, of the trade city L’obsul. A perpetual scowl etched upon her visage gives way to something far more horrific on the rare instance, given to mirth, blood red lips curl to reveal filed and fanged teeth. Her raiment, though archaic in nature, is of obvious noble quality bearing many sigils and insignias. Unrecognizable to most as anything more than relics of a bygone age forgotten to all but scholars and the powerful few with the necessary skills required for longevity in the treacherous realms below. Black and Gold, represent of a powerful Quellar respected as much as feared; also thought to be lost, proudly displayed though again most do not recognize the significance. Obviously Yathil her piwafwi adorned by many broaches and pins attesting to her devotion and service to the Valsharess. They too are archaic, referencing temples and cities long lost, Edonil and Ultrinnan.

Most cycles she can be seen making her way amongst the merchants, inspecting their wares occasionally making transactions. Her disdain for the lesser races is apparent, preferring to deal with other Ilythiir though she does acknowledge all who approach her, if only with a baleful glare. Her strained tolerance, represent by her narrowed gaze and involuntary grip on the well worn pommel of her exquisite long sword, remains restrained as she conducts her business within the trade city. Her trading appears to be that of refitting primarily with the occasional selling as well of various items. Perhaps confirming rumors that she was taking contracts to hunt down troublesome iblith stalking the various trade routes and under passages.


 
      
Infernal_Pain
 
PostPosted: Mon, Sep 12 2016, 1:21 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Jun 2005
Location: In an armchair, stroking a cat

A corpulent duergar-sized figure, in terms of height, clad in robes and a hood, whom most would identify as a dwarf, and indeed he does not hide the fact, has been seen more frequently in L'obsul. The usual hatred his kind share towards the various denizens of the Underdark doesn't seem to sway this one all that much.

Recently, he went so far as to rent a house from the upper levels, apparently busy opening a storage or shop of some kind. After some hours of setting the house up, a sign appears outside, written in Undercommon, stating:

Krormik Exports

When eventually accosted by a citizen caring enough to demand what he is doing, he would reply and state that he is there to export Underdark goods to a select clientele, and vice versa.

_________________
Krimmor Nurad ~ Master of Greed


 
      
#StraightOutaAvernus
 
PostPosted: Wed, Sep 21 2016, 8:37 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

[The Valsharess of Thran'daariv would be seen attempting to pass notice to make contact with the Swirfneblin clans of L'Obsul. Thereafter, she would make her way to the Yuvarux, disappearing off to do the same…

People around the city would be asked what, if anything, they know of the nearby Underdark areas -- particularly ones that seemed that they might have mapped some of it, or all of it even; and certainly anyone that seems to have experience on the undersea! Rumors of Deep Wyrms, or Shadow Dragons, in even a few 'days' of distance off to the locations of suspected sightings; are paid attention to carefully]


// DM's Note: I'd prefer to schedule 'both' diplomatic meetings to be on Saturday, albeit at different times.

_________________
*So, i've got a question for ya.
*do you think even the worst person can change…?
*that everyone can be a good person, if they just try?
*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time


Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers


 
      
Luckbringer
 
PostPosted: Sun, Oct 02 2016, 19:16 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Mar 2011
Location: The frozen north

One particularly deep and dark gnome in unremarkable dull garbs and smelling of fermented fugus would be found plying his trade in and around L'Obsul between the markets and the svirfneblin Rek'larst d'Tirih. He would keep a weary distance from any odd visitors such as half-dragons, and try his best to stay away from trouble.

_________________
aaegus battlehammer
cloak rockhewer
murtaugh gunn


 
      
The1Kobra
 
PostPosted: Mon, Oct 03 2016, 2:41 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 12 Oct 2009

In Nec'Perya/Thran'Daariv, Xzelric spends a lot of time in the Northwest House. Of particular note, he moves a lot of books and a tome to one of the corner 'rooms', and some tubes with preserved specimens to another room on the ground floor. Mostly he spends his time making sure they're somewhat organized, which is difficult without having any bookshelves to put them on, and to make sure the specimen tubes are intact and not leaking.

_________________
I play:
Image


 
      
MazeOfThorns
 
PostPosted: Mon, Oct 03 2016, 17:56 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

Sentinel takes a slow tour of a fallen, ruined city. His heavy war boots picking up the dust of battle and the ash of those who no longer have names besides vanquished defenders. Alone he doesn't hide his amusement at the irony that dragon blooded were the victorious.

As he happens on the structure that is House Ussen d'Vhid no longer, he wonders for a moment, if the beautiful and once powerful drowess realized her mistake of ridding herself of such powerful dragon blood? A strange feeling flows through him making him stop to attempt to discern what it might be.

Regret. Yes, that was it. Of all that had befallen the Dread Queens own he regretted that his once Ilharess had fallen. He could never be what she wanted but she deserved a more fitting end than to be ash in skum infested waters. He certainly enjoyed the irony of it, however... he would have wanted something better for Miz'ri.

He then turned his left forearm over to gaze at the mysterious tattoo there. He never remembered being without it or ever getting it and being in the company of those speaking draconic his interest in it was renewed. Going from white diamond dust infused ink then fading to gray and finally dark amethyst infused black on the inside of his forearm were two words. They had bold horizontal strokes along with bold vertical strokes that were sometimes slightly curved. What’s more the words are shaded so that they looked as if they rose up from his skin.
"Mitne vur Whedabra"

The conquerors went about the business of fashioning the former domain of Lolth into their own. Sentinel felt something else now... satisfaction. He would have preferred that the drow here would have been freed from the Dread Queens grasp. But he knew that some drow were too far gone to ever be saved from the fate of all drow in the Dread Queens domain.

_________________
Image

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Tue, Oct 04 2016, 20:50 PM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

The recent rumors from the Lowerdark spark some gossiping around the city of L'Obsul and the nearby tunnels.

The deep gnomes keep referring to a certain prophecy. Not just a simple prophecy but THE Prophecy! Among themselves they just call it the "Lemendemenispoiradelopth" and they just keep nodding to eachother knowingly when someone mentions that.

The kobold population is also searching for some prophecy or vision through their shamans!

The duergar and the orog population of L'Obsul either laugh or get angry at the svirfneblin and the kobold beliefs.

The local Lolthite drow house Zau'tar, the dominant power in L'Obsul appears to be indifferent about the events. Although they make proper security measures in the tunnels that lead to the Lowerdark.

They all seem to be agreeing in one thing though! Hanging out in the Lowerdark now is unhealthy...but it was unhealthy even before!

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Luckbringer
 
PostPosted: Wed, Oct 05 2016, 5:58 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Mar 2011
Location: The frozen north

A ponderous svirfneblin, one knowing well the outcomes of such prophecies, looked exceptionally sullen this day as he silently raked some muck over a freshly seeded bed of bluecap mushroom spores he had recently cultivated. Breaking for a moment, he scanned the darkness of the cavern roof above spotting a hanging pack of bats suddenly taking to the air, swooping to and fro in a blur, as if agitated by some unseen threat. Was it a sign, he did not know. But he had noted the cave moles had been missing from the farms of late, if that meant anything to anyone.

_________________
aaegus battlehammer
cloak rockhewer
murtaugh gunn


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Wed, Oct 05 2016, 7:56 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

The fort captain could be seen 'coming and going' through the gate to the upper-dark during the past week or so. Many times he could be seen with a large train of ogres following him.

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Tue, Oct 25 2016, 22:31 PM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

The sound of Alarm hits Charragh mines in L'Obsul. The Orogs are shouting about an intruder and an escaped prisoner, blaming the Duergars....and the Duergars of course are blaming the Orogs! There are multiple smaller fights breaking out among them and eventually the Zau'tar matron's hand, Representative Quevaonar had to intervene with some of the Zau'tar guards to solve the issue. Regardless of the fightings, the slave laborers in L'Obsul, esspecially the humans and other surface races, are being punished to make them think twice next time should they choose to make an escape attempt. The slave camp is now guarded more heavily and drow guards have appeared to oversee the other overseers!

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
#StraightOutaAvernus
 
PostPosted: Tue, Oct 25 2016, 23:40 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

[The news reaches Stormwind promptly; whom, herself, puts a heavier guard around the docks -- or at least issues a formal request to the Ul'saruk, given the shipment of slaves to replace the now-emancipated cheap labour still awaited full processing there.

Stormwind issues a report to her kin as well asking for any knowledge of the matter on the side, and offers assistance to house Zau'tar should they claim to require it.]

_________________
*So, i've got a question for ya.
*do you think even the worst person can change…?
*that everyone can be a good person, if they just try?
*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time


Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers


 
      
Eltryptich
 
PostPosted: Wed, Oct 26 2016, 5:05 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Mar 2016

Eltryptich wrote:
Patrols are dispatched to the docks with the express purpose of monitoring the incoming shipments of slaves. These patrols are above and beyond the regular guard patrols that monitor the city.

_________________
Plays Yoweth'Ssissth Kelia


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Sat, Oct 29 2016, 5:22 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

Some of the drow from the House Zau'tar went to visit the mines to inquire about the escaped slave. After some investigation they killed one of the Orog overseers. As result of that the Hall of Negotiation is loud with Chieftan Strug's yelling at Representative Quevaonar Zau'tar. However, the Duergar chieftan, Khagror of the Clan Kheledan takes the opportunity to yell at the Orog side in return, clearly happy to move every blame on them! The Svirfneblin Chieftan, Meonyc of the Lens remains passive along with the tribal leaders of the local kobolds and the illithids.

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Sat, Oct 29 2016, 6:26 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

Hearing of the commotion, a hooded jabress makes her way to the gates of House Zau'tar. She pauses by the guards, so that they might recognize her face before stepping into the quellar proper. She wears a sober expression as her heels echo along the threshold, waiting for the certain ramifications of the evening's events.

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
Luckbringer
 
PostPosted: Sat, Oct 29 2016, 10:37 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Mar 2011
Location: The frozen north

While the leaders meet, a regular dark visitor to the svirfneblin quarter drops off his days harvest of fungus to the settlement's storecave. He pauses for a moment to view the growing stock pile taking a brief count of the racks of drying mushrooms before heading back out into the city's throng. There was some reason he was lead to believe food may be in short supply in the coming future.

_________________
aaegus battlehammer
cloak rockhewer
murtaugh gunn


 
      
#StraightOutaAvernus
 
PostPosted: Thu, Nov 03 2016, 0:54 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

[Stormwind, in the wake of this occurrence, would visit the Kobold Tribe resident within the city; inquiring to the particulars of the situation at hand, as well as the current excuse for a 'resolution' which was made. The tribe leader is asked to keep an eye on the issue, further; and given a small ledger reporting the status of those who had been sent to her, verifying that they are safe -- as well as providing the representative that had been put forth for aforementioned members of their race in Thran'daariv.]

_________________
*So, i've got a question for ya.
*do you think even the worst person can change…?
*that everyone can be a good person, if they just try?
*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time


Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Tue, Nov 08 2016, 8:22 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

It appears that certain members of the House Zau'tar managed to capture the escaped slave. They did not mention from where but the Orog and Duergar guards identified the slave and verified it. Later that day the Zau'tars called the Chieftains together and everyone in L'Obsul, especially the local surfacer slaves. The recovered slave was chained in the middle and the chieftains took turns in the public torture to the point when the justice of the Zau'tars demanded the slaves to lose the last bit of their "humanity". The Underdark is a harsh place and keeping L'Obsul together is also a challenging task. Clearly, extreme behavior is required!

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Tue, Nov 08 2016, 13:02 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

One of the representatives of House Zau'tar surely stands as an audience member, a full goblet of Blood Wine curled beneath a dainty fist. The display was nothing new to those who shared the heritage of the Dhaerow among the crowd, and certainly nothing more heinous than what measures they had endured since birth.

There was plentiful cheering, lauding, chanting. But not from the familiar representative, who watched on with a stalwart silence as she drew from her chalice, easily lost amidst the pandemonium of the evening.

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
Luckbringer
 
PostPosted: Thu, Nov 10 2016, 8:52 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Mar 2011
Location: The frozen north

Amongst the relatively low key preparations taking place in the Svirfneblin quarter, one familiar outsider to the clans stops for a short, and quiet conversation with Meonyc of the Lens. Afterwards, the visitor departs into the shadows of one tunnel to the upper dark.

_________________
aaegus battlehammer
cloak rockhewer
murtaugh gunn


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Fri, Nov 11 2016, 2:31 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

Quote:
The attack from the aberrant cloakers do not cease but intensifying. The already limited amount of trade that is happening through the river in the Lowerdark is now further reduced due to the attacks.

An odd sight can be seen, a few Neogi ships are leaving their former home downstream and moving upstream on the river in their spider-like monstrous boats. The speed that they are using is somewhat unreasonable and as such, it appears that they are fleeing from something maybe?

Meanwhile in L'Obsul the Svirfneblin population is more alarmed about the "Lemendemenispoiradelopth" than ever before. Rumors are spreading around that the Svirfneblin Chieftain, Meonyc of the Lens might bring the issue to the council. The deep gnomes are also doing some sort of the renovations around their collective home but they refuse to tell anything to anyone. The Orogs and the Duergars remain irritated about the deep gnomes and they give them a slap every now and then. The kobolds initially started to laugh about them due to their hatred towards the svirfneblin but now they are starting to look worried, seeing all the preparations. The drow and illithid sides of the city are silently observing the events. The Zau'tars only involve themselves if a fight breaks out between the factions.

Inside the sea caverns of Nec'perya a worker reports that one of the ancient aboleth symbols turned from red to green! It apparently alerts the "Liberated" as well and six of the hybrid illithids appear in the city, starting to search for something.


_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Infernal_Pain
 
PostPosted: Thu, Nov 17 2016, 16:43 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Jun 2005
Location: In an armchair, stroking a cat

This week has seen a, for lack of a better word, 'newcomer' duergar around L'Obsul, one whom soem might have seen here and there before mostly on supply runs before disappearing into the tunnels again.

He was first seen seeking out the head of clan Kheledan, Kagror. The two had a relatively lengthy discussion just outside the mines. Later on the new face has been casually patrolling the slave quarters of the mines, not hiding the fact that he's keeping an eye on how the slaves are maintained by the Orogs.

_________________
Krimmor Nurad ~ Master of Greed


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Tue, Nov 22 2016, 4:48 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

The other day an expedition lead by the drow of the House Zau'tar departed, rumors indicating that it was to the ruins of Edonil. The group was gone for over a day and they looked rather worn out after they returned. Sailors also reported that the cloaker attacks are significantly reduced since yesterday and they also say that the cavern where Edonil used to be is now almost entirely collapsed.

This does not seem to calm the Svirfneblin population but they talk even more about the Lemendemenispoiradelopth.


_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Tue, Nov 22 2016, 5:26 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

A dark-clad jabress makes a short trek towards the Svirfneblin territory, dropping a heaving sack of gems at the foot of an elder Deep Gnome before exchanging murmurs. When all was said and done, she disappeared again into the gates of House Zau'tar. Several cycles later, she is seen leading this herd of Pack Lizards and their masters down towards the tunnels of Edonil. As they return a significant amount of time later, she seems unwilling to speak or venture far from the House for many coming cycles.

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
Crowfeather
 
PostPosted: Wed, Nov 30 2016, 9:16 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 04 Sep 2015

A female figure may be seen about L'Obsul during the next few cycles, garbed in dark silk and accompanied by a large heavily built hooded orog in black jerkin and hood. The pair run a few errands for the Zau'tars about the settlement, then venture out to the outlying tunnels occasionally to return with bags of found treasures to sell at the bazaar, but most often found speaking with the Svirfneblin potion-seller. The woman had a short bob of black hair and cloudy grey skin but with the sharp features of a Drow despite that fairer skin tone. From her back a magnificent pair of wings fluttered at nearly every movement; they are powder-grey with scarlet veins, moth-like and gossamer as a sigh. As the cycles drew on the pair parted ways, the male seemingly exhausted from their forays; the woman sighted to have turned towards the dwellings of the Many Folk, to disappear from sight behind a door there.

_________________
Its me. You know it.


 
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group