View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
RaveN

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 21 2013, 19:02 PM 

Administrative Developer

A chained, gagged and mostly naked drowess kneel idol in the temple, staring at whatever is before her. Her state is mostly meditative, as she seems unable to do anything else. It would appear that she's simply awaiting her time for the table. Those who would recognize her, it would be apparent that it is Miz'ri, old matron of house Ussen d'Vhid.

RaveN

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 22 2013, 14:53 PM 

Administrative Developer

In the dead silence of stares and hatred all she was left were her thoughts and meditation as it seems that the witching hour grew nearer.

It's been quite a while since I've been down in a cave this far. How I did miss the dead air, cool without threat of piercing light, or foul surfacers.. Still; As unnerving as it feels to be judged by people who don't know who I am, I can't help but wonder... what if things were different, and instead of the caverns I'd lost were run by myself and peers toppling the scales of politics once again. Would it really be different? Is this settlement going to be different than it's predecessors? If I was in charge and it was my enemy who turned herself in, would I chain her so and relish my ego off her death? I'd like to think that at the time we had our standoff that placing her on the altar was the only thing I could think about... but things change. I realize that it is the chaos that makes this place turn head and keep interest. I'd probably do something more sick, like make her a slave, so I guess the bleak outcome that awaits me isn't too much worse than being unable to enact my schemes and plans. Though, I have to wonder... if the people who judge me so even know what I've done or why I've done it. I doubt I'll ever get ungagged before my heart is carved out, so they may never know... But does it really matter, in the end? Is my life more valuable than a petty dispute that led to a petty heretic revealing her true colors that I divided the city to fight against? ... It's hard to concentrate..Hard to see how nobody sees the big picture, but I'm forced to think about it while everyone just thinks about my blood.

After weening thoughts and a blank expression of scenario soul searching the drowess closed her eyes, and began meditating, despite the lack of nourishment, and stoically continued to project herself as what she was -- a servant of the queen.

RaveN

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 25 2013, 15:00 PM 

Administrative Developer

More than a month had passed, Miz'ri was looked less like anything worthy of mention. She no longer had anything to prove, and even though it was clear that she didn't want to be there, she was still just stuck, awaiting fate.

Her wrists and ankles were riddled with crimson circles from trying to break free from the shackles, the age of each independent as it seemed to have been an ongoing effort that obviously hadn't paid off. Her knees were bruised and bloodied from having been forced to comply with the masonry for too long. Her face was beaten with varying levels of fist marks from different interactions, her cheek was rose from the latest one. Her expression was blank. Nobody was there.

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 25 2013, 19:04 PM 

Player

Ulviir had been avoiding the old matron mother of Ussen d'vhid out of fear, the same fear that incorporated every aspect of drow society. What if somebody saw him converse with the matron mother and started throwing accusations?

All in all it was probably better to avoid the woman, he did not want to be involved... Yet his curiosity had been stirred in the last encounter. There was suddenly questions there he could not answer. Why was she here? Why did she surrender herself? What had she done?

The house mage of lolarox found himself in the temple one day and with him he had a jar of water from the freshwater spring underneath the temple. He slowly approached and placed the jar in front of her, with a straw. She could help herself when she felt like it, he thought.

He slowly retreated.

RaveN

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 25 2013, 19:17 PM 

Administrative Developer

The drowess didn't even seem to notice that anything had changed. Hours passed. The water disappeared, though it doesn't seem to have changed her state of mind. She wasn't even aware that it was someone other than the guard who had left it there.

Gremin

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 26 2013, 13:43 PM 

Player

Having listened to the prisoners tale of what occurred to make her such, Tal'vyrae can not get it out of her head what should be done with the prisoner. Tal'vyrae remembers those times in Edonil, and how chaotic it truly was. Accusations flying everywhere, and no one was really safe. Tal'vyrae smiles at that thought as chaos is truly what the Dread Queen craves. After relishing those thoughts for a few minutes, Tal'vyrae realizes that there is not much she can do but only speak with the Ul'ath'tallar possibly and she what is in store for the prisoner.

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 26 2013, 15:57 PM 

Player

On the cycle before he departed for his extended absence, some might have noted Naltyrr going into the Temple for an extended period of time. The Vanguard on duty there no doubt seeing their Commander engaged in a conversation with the prisoner, a conversation laced with barbs and other hushed words.

After perhaps what seemed like a hour, Naltyrr finally issues orders to the guards to make sure the prisoner is given water. He then departs, grumbling about the trouble of feeding prisoners.

NWN Account Name: KnightProtector

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 26 2013, 17:13 PM 

Player

The guards continue their vigil. Spiders still seem to acknowledge her presence, some choosing to use her bound arms as anchors for their webs.

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 26 2013, 17:20 PM 

Player

The Mageling of lolarox returned to the prisoner as rumors caught his ear: Rumours of a sign from lolth. He watched the prisoner for maybe fifteen minutes before departing.
He knew, Like all Drow did, that spiders were the eyes and ears of the queen. If they started to nest upon the prisoner.. What did that mean?

RaveN

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 26 2013, 18:47 PM 

Administrative Developer

The drowess, who had once instructed and taught the trials of the dread queen seemed to warmly welcome any spider that wanted to go near her. Infact, it was these very moments that brought her out of a trance for a meanwhile, to remember that people were occasionally feeding her and giving her water. She would now rest even more still, as to not bother their webs. After she indulged in her feeding, she seemed to rest in a meditative state, offering only praise to the dread queen for allowing her such treasured company in her time of solitude. This was not a test of faith for her, only a test of survival; and although her knees were bruised, and waxed all over with wounds, her body torn and bare, she was ugly from the inability to even clean and had obvious illnesses, as her sweat never left her forehead she felt more at peace now with the situation, no longer trying to break her bonds for the time being.

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 26 2013, 21:30 PM 

Player

The sorcerer of Lolarox returned yet again to the scene of the captive. There was hesitation in his mannerism and his expression was that of both fear and awe: Who was this priestess who despite being chained and on her lowest in life, still attracted the favour of the dread queen. Ulviir reasoned that she must be important somehow since the spiders obviously took a liking of the prisoner.
Soon enough he returned with bandages purchased in the trade-hall and carefully wrapped them around her ankles and wrist underneath the shackles as to relieve her precious skin from further bruises and pain. More water was also put forward: again with a straw for self-service.

The magi soon retreated to continue on the construction projects that underwent all around the city.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]