View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Malios Darkblade

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 02 2013, 23:47 PM 

Player

//This thread's open for those who like writing to recall their character's experiences and roles during the last hours of Edonil and the continuation into the unknown. I will add my part in when I get a chance.

Usual rules apply: IC posts only please. Everything posted here will be public knowledge so don't post secret stuff. Don't post about controlling NPCs etc. etc.

Furthermore, a big thanks goes out to the several DMs who kicked our arses. We really appreciate the time you spent below.

Last edited by Malios Darkblade on Fri, Mar 08 2013, 8:43 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Anatida

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 0:23 AM 

Player

Anatida wrote:
Shortly after the horde conquered the main cavern of the settlement they were joined by undead as two black robed females began to animate the fallen. As the wards over the settlement began to fail, they pushed their way into the temple cavern with another armored female. Taking advantage of an incursion by the hostile forces, they made their way to the temple steps.

As the demons drew closer to the temple plateau one of the females took her warhammer to the chains holding the temple door closed. Just as the chain broke and fell away, she was cut down from behind by a drow male.

As the residents made their final escape, the black robed corpse was dragged onto the barges.

Malios Darkblade

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 2:29 AM 

Player

“It started with a roar...

We thought we were prepared as we could be. The orcs were late and we had weeks to prepare. Traps were laid, plans were set and formations positioned. Unexpected, but not unwelcome allies had come to our aid: the Bloodbeard clan had sent warriors, the Aboleth had awoken from its slumber and I had revealed myself. The gate was barricaded, archers were on the higher ground and the soldiers were ready, utilising every second wisely to train them as best we could... But noone can ever be truly prepared for battle.

Within moments the gate was obliterated.

Stumbling over the remains of what had once been an aestheticly designed master piece, the orcs were the first to spew into the cavern. The wall of bodies collided against our lines with barbaric frenzy within seconds as we reeled from the gate's explosion. They were met head on with a wall of blades and powerful magic as the remaining might of Edonil accepted the challenge.

Had they come alone, we would have repelled them with ease. Fortunately they did not come alone. Our own line was hit with a barrage of magic in return as the demons strode into our cavern, smashing open the narrow entry-way and allowing their forces to pour into the Former City of Webs with greater intensity.

That was when our people started dying. Vanguard and Noble alike, one by one they were eviscerated, pulled to the ground kicking and yelling by sheer weight of numbers and hacked to death or flayed alive by enemy witchery that bypassed their natural resilience. Centuries of survival in the Underdark extinguished at the hands of such filth in seconds.

We fought over the main gate, tripping on the bodies of the fallen as the two sides fought with fury not seen since the battles at the Stronghold. The sword held firm for three waves before it was lost. The collateral had left very little to defend... so I made the call.

The Sword withdrew, pulling back to the Temple Cavern and leaving the rest of the city to its fate. I will lose no sleep over the butchered citizens: had they not the divination to board the barges earlier or draw weapons to assist us then they deserved what was coming to them.

The next stage of defence was positioned at the mouth of the Temple Cavern entrance... but this was when things got interesting. We were not just greeted by orcs or demons... we were greeted by Drow as well.

The dead had risen. Their dead, our dead, they didn't discriminate. The dead smashed into our lines in waves as the orcs, what we assumed at the time, ransacked what remained of Edonil's main cavern. Again we repelled two waves of them, but more Drow were succumbing to the battle. Even with the advantage of terrain we could not win a war of numbers... with urgency word was sent for an estimated time of boarding.

Before a messenger could return however, the orcs and demons resumed their attack. This time however they tried a new tactic: raising large walls of ice and stone they attempted to divide our forces with mighty ice breathing demons leading the charge. Throughout the carnage I counted four of such creatures and I confess they were difficult to kill, whatever they were called, and they succeeded in doing dividing us. However, to their folly they also succeeded in dividing themselves and such was their downfall.

We had repelled the large demon's attacks... barely.

Now, throughout this time it was becoming apparently clear that the caverns were becoming highly unstable. Cracks were starting to emerge in the cavern's roofs as the structural integrity began to fade... which was why we were surprised when two “allies” stepped through the cavern mouth.

Two Drow, claiming to be allies, had broken through. They were thrown into the rear of the sword to be questioned later... unfortunately I never got the chance to discover how they managed to fight through our enemy. I will reveal why later in my story. Needless to say at the time, such suspicions were put on hold as more orcs and demons poured through the now widening entrance towards us.

That wave finally broke us.

Having sustained heavy casualties against the sheer power of the enemy, the morale of the Vanguard had finally broken. They fled, isolating the sword from reinforcement. Without any other choice, I was forced to recommend the withdrawal to the Temple Foundations: the last line of defence.

When I reached the Temple, the two “allies” as witnessed earlier had begun their own personal attack against the Temple's doors and they were met with swift retribution. One of them escaped... the other was not so lucky and found themselves in our custody a little worse for wear then when they started. It was confirmed to us that the enemy had Drow allies amongst their employ... which brought peace of mind in how quickly our defences were shattered.

Needless to say, it was time to board the barges... but I had one final task to achieve.

Grabbing Isendu't'tar and the Kobold to witness us, I removed my mask and smashed aside the cavern mouth, digging my claws into the compacted streets and letting out a roar of defiance. Shouting profanities about the orcish pantheon, my insulting challenge was swift to be met with resistance. They charged after us like Gruumsh himself was cracking the whip behind them.

We fled towards the barges, dodging arrows as we went as the Horde stampeded behind us like an angry herd of rothe beasts. That was when I played my remaining ace in my sleeve.

As they reached the shores of the lake the Aboleth revealed itself from the murky depths of the water, spraying our enemies with the thick grey slime. The stampede was halted in surprise... and began to instantaneously fight amongst itself. The psionic might of the Aboleth finally came into its own as the most ancient powers of the Underdark was unleashed upon our enemy. I was thankful to say that by that time, we were on the barges and setting sail away from such carnage.

As we set sail down the river, I took that moment of fresh air to collect myself. The battle of Edonil was costly and many Drow didn't live to see the next cycle... but it was finally over.

But, we still had a long way to go: the barges were not safe as we sailed to our future. Nor could we guarantee that our future was not without its dangers or that the alliances that gave us victory in escaping would survive the exodus... but that's another story for another time. “

Ice

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 4:08 AM 

Player

Ah, the Kobold saw it all. Needless of a name, he always stood where he could see and hear. The fall of the gates. The undeads. The traps and the faint. The taunt and the check. The treason. The escape. The unexpected allies. The good and poor choices. He was always there to confirm. Sometimes even to help. So be it with words, a lute or his cursed blade.

Yet, knowing most of the questions, he does not grasp all the answers.
He now roams again, with the battle drums still present on his ears. They will be for a long time, as so do the tune he must sing.

It is said that everybody has heard of the creature, but almost nobody knows a thing about it.
And now keeping an abstract and sometimes too literal journal.

Moonsuns

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 23:16 PM 

Player

A darkly draped figure came into view on one of the slopes of Edonil, looking down at the troops making their preparations for war. The war drums were ceaseless, the threat known, the escape ready.

Hasty, isn't it? To show such weakness, with more plans for escape than to stand firm. She thought, draped in her mastery of the weave, the drow female readied her incantation of protections against the carnage. As the orcs and demons hurled themselves through the gates, she grinned beneath her spiky helm while vile words of necromantic spells filled her mouth, the bulky bodies of the orcs withering away, drained of all life and sustenance, pelted with burns from magic missiles. She payed little mind to the bodies falling around her, keeping firm focus on her position and the enemy.

Why did they allow the enemy higher ground? The fools! She thought as they withdrew from the gate into the temple district, sounds of cheering orcs filling the cavern behind them. Here, the caverns were high and there was plenty of space to take up stance of advantage, overlooking the entrance. More life draining spells filled the cavern as the guards stood firm while orcs, demons and undead piled through. She cast her webs to trap them, filled the air with darkness and drew once more upon the weave to vanquish the onslaught.

In moment while her red eyed hell-hound and the undead pharaoh sentinel busied themselves in the front lines, she watched the others as she prepared her spells, fighting for their lives more than for the city, which, even before the attacks, seemed to be falling apart at the seams. The attacks came swift, and the drow seemed all too eager to withdraw to the plan of escape: the barges ready on the river.

The sorceress joined them, listening quietly as they decided what to do with their prisoner and where to steer the ships. After more than a day, a plunge into the freezing waters from a wave that washed half of the barge's occupants into the murky depths, and the body of the prisoner beginning it's decay, someone on the port side bow of the ship yelled out, "Island ahead!"

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 07 2013, 21:57 PM 

Player

The vehemently vocal Yathrin of the city had been seen the day of the attack departing the city. She was shrouded in all of her spells, shield and sword out with her helm on, leaving word at the gate that she was going on a scouting mission. But then, the attack came... and she was not seen returning... Was she dead? Perhaps. Merely cut off? Equally possible...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was perhaps three cycles after the attack in Edonil that Zrae'a'stra'fryn was seen again. Those near the portal would seen her emerge from a portal behind the Ust'Ilharess. They spoke quietly for a short while near the node, the Ust'Ilharess pointing things out with words and gestures, Zrae nodding here and there. The sounds of several scuffles took place nearby but they were always short and laced with the sounds of dying skum. Some might see them surveying the buildings, apparently Zrae was being given a brief tour and summation of events. Shortly after the priestess scouted the rest of the island, slaying any sign of life the skum dared to show. She then returned to make her own camp near the portal node.

She spoke little, save discussions with various members of the Vanguard and Spider Guard and with the two surviving matrons and the War Sage.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Zanthair

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 07 2013, 23:26 PM 

Player

Isendu't'tar has not been seen in public since the first cycle on the island and his.. conversation.. with the ust'illharess. He would not be hard to find, however, with his chosen residence being the rubbble of a ruined building on the northwestern tip. Here, he has his altar and a makeshift armor rack, it would seem his extensive personal collection had yet to be unloaded from the barges and he was making do with the bare necessities.

His time is primarily spent in prayer, seeming to move from behind his altar only when it is time to eat and time to take a walk around the island and slam his hammer against the creatures that climb out of the water.

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 08 2013, 14:27 PM 

Player

Humming to himself, Naltyrr and his geared guardian would secure a clear spot near the docks. Taking out four strips of ivory, he arranges them into a rectangle before preparing and lighting some incense. Raising his hands in the air, the drow begins to cast a spell.

NWN Account Name: KnightProtector

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 09 2013, 6:38 AM 

Player

This cycle saw a flurry of activity from those in the know, and even those not, in the new settlement. Many words were exchanged, many important faces seen. Others of the city were in attendance to the various conversations, as well as some new faces. There was fresh blood, it seemed.

The newly minted Ul'ath'tallar was pleased, all considered, and as she gave praise to the Dread Queen her mind was rife with the plans of what was to come. Now... to see to cleansing the island...

PenguinNinja

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 09 2013, 21:09 PM 

Player

The Drow male bearing a pin of House Vilrath's Slavemaster walks among the Skum that were captured during the islands takeover. Some have injuries that are not worth treating. Some lose their minds from the breaking. Those he kills. He get's more. After all, there are plenty on the island. He slowly attains a small working force, useful tools for the rebuilding of the island.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 09 2013, 23:37 PM 

Player

He finds that the Skum lack the understanding of language necessary to communicate in even Undercommon. Worse yet, when given tools, the vast majority try to use them as weapons against those watching them. So far, of the dozens taken, only two seem to have had the acuity to pick up on their captors demands.

Malios Darkblade

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 10 2013, 11:26 AM 

Player

"It took quite a long time to reach the Island and it was not without its complications along the way. Rough tides caused our barges to be washed with waves that sent many crew and personnel overboard. One such member was the First Matron herself and in my attempt to rescue her I almost capsized one of the vessels. I also understand there was quite a high rate of motion sickness aboard the great vessels: I guess the Drow had not been used to water for quite some time, since there was very little to ride in Edonil?

Now... what we found at the Island was most interesting.

For the most part, its buildings were intact externally and stood the test of time extremely well. The same cannot be said of their interiors, but not every miracle is perfect. Districts were recognisable as we walked its streets: residential buildings, trading areas, Temple buildings... all of it was laid out, almost like the presentation of a dinner table.

But did I mention that not all miracles were perfect? Because it didn't take long to find the Island's previous inhabitants.

Fish-like humanoids. Skum as they are colloquially called. Walking carcasses with little mind of their own, rumoured to be the detritus of Aboleth slaves. One on one, they are not much threat to us as we are far more highly trained and far more intelligent in the arts of war... but the skum never travel alone. They travel in packs ranging from a dozen to several dozen at a time, utilising mob tactics to rush our warriors when they least suspect it. I have seen Drow dragged to their deaths by such tactics, and I have seen such tactics throw organised battle plans into disarray.

So far we have repelled every wave that crashed against us, but it was only once we put our heads beneath the water that the reality dawned upon us: even if we placed a weapon in the hand of every citizen, we were still outnumbered by thousands. Why they did not just attack us at once was still a mystery to us, but for now their delay is giving us time to figure out how to deal with them. To make matters worse... they prove to be poor slaves. Even exporting them to those who can use them such as the Illithids of Underport will be problematic at best.

There were several theories in how to deal with the Skum that proposed infact: the first (and approved) idea is the use of antipathy wards to keep them at bay, or atleast distracted, from us. Other tactics included hunting down their leaders or turning their tribes against one another. Another tactic involved toppling their homes using earthquakes and other destructive spells whilst others suggested finding what was of value to them. One extremely radical idea involved a War Priest of Selvetarm wearing one of the creature's skins and converting them all to Selvetarm... suffice to say of all the ideas, the wards were the easiest temporary solution and it is working... partially... for now.

As for the rest of the Island, greater mysteries are beginning to unfold themselves: how have the buildings remained intact for so long? Why is there a supposed water node to the elemental plane of water? Why do the Skum inhabit this region? Who built the city? I guess the answers to such questions will have to wait for now: unless we deal with the former inhabitants we will never discover the answer to such questions.

For now, the orders have been given to clear out the buildings one by one and flush out any hidden Skum who have made their homes inside. Once the buildings are secure, and properly warded to resist Skum attacks then we can begin to claim our city one meter at a time. Food and water supplies are going to become problematic: the supplies from Edonil are running dry and there is only so much flora in the cave near the water supply that is edible. Before we consider the possibility of eating Skum meat, a solution will need to be found quickly. A hungry populace is a dangerous populace... and we can't be dealing with our own citizens rioting as well as the Skum crashing against our lines.

But as the saying goes, there is no reward without risk. No treasure without danger. No Empire without bloodshed. We may have gone out of the frying pan and into the fire... but I have not had so much excitement in years."

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 16 2013, 2:25 AM 

Player

Thanks mostly in part to the work of Naltyrr and the combined efforts of those that have come to the city, the elevated portion of the city finds itself cleared of all but the most daring or perhaps foolish of Skum. These few stragglers are cut down by the Vanguard. A few of the wizards were seen casting spells inside the buildings, moving all manner of rubble quickly and efficiently out over the water where it was unceremoniously deposited.

Once cleared, work began on transporting furnishings through the city. They follow the orders of Ul'ath'tallar Zrae'a'stra'fryn in what they brought to which building. By the end of the tenday, a new Temple finds itself in need of proper blessing and the placement of the holy statues of Lolth and Selvertarm.

About midweek, word had reached the former merchants of Edonil, that a new Tradehouse was being cleared. Many started to pack and got set to move their stock. They pay a small sum of gold to Xirin'laafon of house d'Vilrath in exchange for his transporting them and their goods via the Ley. They proceeded to then set up shop. Meanwhile, Iniquity's former bar tender, Xil'aste, began to serve drinks in the structure as well.

The vanguard forces position guards at the entrances to the structures, just incase the present enchantments fail and the Skum attempt to enter the newly repurposed structures.

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 16 2013, 21:51 PM 

Player

Location: Somewhere... anywhere.. not here...maybe there... (GMT -8)

Ust'Que'llar Vilrath members begin to clear out, setting up guards around the Old Temple on the far eastern shore of the Island between their patrols of the Island and waves of Skum that still plague the outer edges of the island. There is much discussion as to the suitability of the shoreline in areas for a small dock. Lines for fencing for the slave pens are laid down with small stones, some younger Que'llar members are sent to the mines to stock up on granite and iron ore. A few Skum challenge them as they talk, those are quickly dispatched with hardly an interruption in the conversation.
Later, as others gather to protect the Melzaren of the Vanguard as they replace the fading wards on the plateau and the cavern, Ust'Ilharess Yath'allar Tagnik'zur orders them all to enter the temple. Once inside the inner sanctum, the ornate idol of Lolth is viewed, instructions are given: "Jaluken will bow to the altar, then fan out to the sides taking to dosst knees... Jalilen other than Ilharessen will stay in the middle taking a knee, Ilharess Ada'vrae and Usstan will stand on either side of the altar." As everyone takes their places, l'Ust'Ilharess begins her speech, her keen violet eyes watching every face as she speaks:

"This tangi we give thanks to L'Valsharess for bringing her people safely to a new place to conquer and yet again show our superiority over the lesser races of L'Har'oloth, she has given us a new foe to subjugate, but first we must see to the care and security of her people... Dos will all pass before her altar and swear on dosst own blood to worship her, put her desires above dosst own..... and swear that the safety and security of the few we have been able to keep safe will be a foremost concern even as we flourish into other caverns and extend the vision of an ...empire."

As they pass before the altar, one by one, according to their station in the community, with both Ilharessen going last to solidify the oaths to Lolth and the City, they pass beneath the watchful gaze of the Dread Queen. When all have passed and l'Ust'Ilharess has made her pledge, she turns and addresses them one more time before dismissing them;

"We have sworn to her now lets find her a sacrifice for her altar's blessing... we will go out in force to do so in a couple of cycle's time."

//Next Saturday at 20:00 CST [01:00 GMT] we will assemble to hunt down a sacrifice to bless the altars, both the public and private ones. Hope to see a lot of you there.

Sir Khayri Aphaeleon ~ Avenger of Hoar, Knight of Fort Cystana

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 26 2013, 20:15 PM 

Player

*an announcement is posted prominently at the encampment by the docks by Ust'Ilharess Tagnik'zur d'Vilrath*

To all citizens and refugees of Edonil;

Que'llar Vilrath will allow fifty of you to reside temporarily inside the building we plan to make our own. In return for the security of walls and a roof, albeit a leaky one, you will assist in clearing the remaining debris from the House and repairing it. This generosity will continue until such time as you are able to secure living quarters of your own. Five of the fifty places will be reserved for skilled laborers to direct said repairs. No contribution is too small right now, be it scrubbing walls and sweeping floors, or carrying food and water to those doing the heavy labor. Two M'elzaren have been tasked to assist in removal of the heavier, more solid blocks of rubble; those will be placed outside the building in the back in preparation of the construction of our slave pens.

Skilled Laborers needed:
Masons
Plasterers
Ironworkers

Lolth tlu Malla!!

~Ust'Ilharess Tagnik'zur d'Vilrath

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 12 2013, 17:47 PM 

Player

As time passes, more and more of the city begins to become cleared of Skum control. The constant repulsion of Skum serves to strengthen the combatants of the Vanguard as they diligently dispatch any that dare try to cross into portions of the ruins the Drow have laid claim to.

Slaves and laborers alike take to transporting further supplies into the city and before long, with aid from the Vanguard, are able to set up the first of the civilian apartments and attempt to establish a feeling of normalcy.

Only 42 have heeded the call of Quellar d'Vilrath, and of them, only two step forward as engineering specialists.

As a whole, the common Drow do as best they can to keep up their end of things, eagerly awaiting news of the status of the initiatives their noble counterparts have taken up.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 12 2013, 18:48 PM 

Player

That which unfolds is witnessed by a certain set of crimson eyes in particular. The same set of eyes that watched from the darkness as Edonil floundered in the months leading to it's collapse. The same eyes that watched from the darkness as each step of progress was made in this new home they have taken as their in the name of the Valsharess. Always for the Valsharess, for there was none other worthy of mention save Her. Those same eyes watched as Nec'perya was steadily pushed towards glory, and in the darkness that was Lolth's dominion the Ul'ath'tallar smiled. It was a cold smile, devoid of mirth for her mind was focused upon one thing: Glory for the Dread Queen.

It was the reason for all they did. It was the reason for their survival, for the Dread Queen had seen fit to allow their survival so that they could rebuild into a glorious jewel in Her Underdark. Indeed, in this priestess' mind there was unwavering confidence that their victory even in defeat was the fruit of Lolth's Will. That this was the beginning of a new era for the drow. The words that had rang out from her lips in the name of Lolth were meant, just as anything she did in Lolth's name. The disgusting races of lessers had come to practically mock the word 'drow', helped in no small part to enclaves on the Surface like the one on the island known as Amia. It was disappointing, to say the least.

But just as victory was ripped from the jaws of defeat in Edonil, so would this be used in their favor. No doubt rumors of their survival had reached the Surface, particularly that shrine of filth, but that was of little worry. No doubt they were scoffing, believing things would proceed as always in regards to the drow below ... but even that was acceptable. Strength is not immediate, this lesson the drow knew most out of all. Like the spider that builds her web, one strand at a time, slowly weaving until together those strands composed a united strength against those that turn towards it. Oh yes, they would bide their time and use it well.

Edonil. Ultrinnan. Udos Dro'xun. Their mistakes would not be remade, for as she had sworn to the people under the name of Lolth she would not allow it. Even if all others failed, she would not. Gladly would she slaughter every one of them if Lolth willed it, if their conviction to Her wavered. Obedience to and faith in the Queen of Spiders was required -nay, demanded- and those that were unwilling would be sent to the Demonweb Pits for all eternity.

And so the Ul'ath'tallar watched from the darkness as was her way. Some might consider it weakness that she seemingly stood by while everything happened or that she spoke so little on things. Others might consider the potentially deadly thoughts running through her mind that she kept to herself, or that she was constantly reflecting upon the Will of Lolth bestowed upon and through her.

It was not always that she was in the darkness watching, for her presence was known in the settlement. With the grace and demeanor known only to those of the highest of station in a drow enclave she moved through the the once-ruins of their new home. Watching. Waiting. Listening. Directing. When she spoke none could doubt the command inherent in her tone, and hardly ever was it necessary to allow her voice to slip into that deceitfully soft, yet infinitely deadly, tone of voice used when impropriety was observed.

The Ul'ath'tallar was alive on the island, indeed, and few saw her leave or return, apparently she contained herself to the settlement in order to oversee that which was being done. And in it all, it was undoubtedly clear that eyes were watching ... and not all of them were Zrae'a'stra'fryn's.

Malios Darkblade

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 29 2013, 7:23 AM 

Player

Rumours are wonderful things and they circulate throughout the refurbishing settlement like tremors upon a web in the evening breeze. Although they all express conflicting accounts ranging from multiple sightings, shady deals and the rather brutal evisceration of the resident Skum, one certain thing is determined from such rumours:

The Scholar is back.... and he's busy.

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 29 2013, 11:18 AM 

Player

Those commoners that answered Ust'Ilharess Tagnik'zur d'Vilrath's announcement are quickly put to work clearing each room, but they are not alone, Vilrath's own help them. Her Me'zaren and Gleath the most notable contributors, while her Trisilen assist by directing everyone. Much of the larger blocks of stone are broken into manageable sizes and set aside behind the House for the fencing of the slave pens.

GolbezLunar

PostPosted: Wed, May 08 2013, 5:15 AM 

Player

A female dressed in a skantaly black and red gown and decorated like a Christmas tree in trinkets, bracelets, amulets, and tailsmens. Whom very clearly stands out as a mage of some sort by the staff she holds may have been seen following around the Hearled of Knowledge.

https://theaccursedisland.enjin.com/mobile

Gondor

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 09 2013, 13:23 PM 

Player

Upon the request of the Herald of Discipline, Unuldor d'Vilrath, Lo'milmar Ci'lin has written a report concerning the defence of Nec'perya.
Quote:

The layout of Nec'perya's military infrastructure reveals interesting information regarding the background if this island.
The borders of the island are well protected by watchtowers. In total there are two watchtowers to the North and an indication where once stood a third. There are two watchtowers to the east, another two to the south. To the West there seems to have been three watchtowers, one most likely a defensive headquarter.

The watchtowers to the West and North are heavily damaged, almost reduced to debris. Whereas the towers to the East and South remain erect, they are only slightly damaged.
The state of damage, inflicted unto the watchtowers, would indicate that the original constructors of the city, faced threats from the North. From the layout of the city, the west side was most likely the most important one. Of all docks on the island, two remaining docks, are faced west. Such may indicate the possibility that the important routes to and from the city lay west.

The city's current ressources should go to the reconstruction and restoration of the watchtowers guarding the waterside. The original constructors of the city have shown, that threats are likely to occur. Currently, the island has no line of defence, whereas at least ten watchtowers were deemed necessary to protect the ground. The restoration of the watchtowers should be less expensive than reconstruction. The debris can easily be cleared and rebuilt upon the base of the original watchtowers. A mason should be found to examine the watchtowers. We are yet unaware of other defences the original constructors had made.

More guards should be placed in the cave. Exploration of the underlying cavern indicates that the Skum have retreated to deeper grounds under the island. There is also the question what valuable ressources the island has been built on. The constructors must have built their city on such ressources. The underlying cavern also shows that the center of the island has deep roots into the ground. Most likely more exploration should occur into the pond within the cave.

Signed,
Lo'milmar Cil'in

OursIsTheFury

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 12 2013, 1:57 AM 

Player

...Was a long and dark Flamerule
From the rooftops I remember
There was blood.
Crimson blood...

Clearly I remember
From the windows we were watching
While they bled down below

When the future's architectured
By a carnival of idiots on show
You'd better lie low...

The greatest minds of the Underdark met that night within the enclaves of Nec'perya. Breeze flowed from the caverns, and brought with it disturbing news. Words of insult and injury to the first (and only) noble Qu'ellar, and a deceleration of war from a lesser house. The tradehouse has been "claimed", we'll see for how long...

Lolth's web will be spun, and a trap layed. We'll see who comes out the hunter and who comes out the hunted.

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 17 2013, 2:57 AM 

Player

*Notices are placed in various areas around Nec'Perya*

A Notice wrote:
House Vilrath is currently offering guard positions to six to eight individuals.

Food, lodging, equipment, and training will be provided.

Individuals who are accepted will have the opportunity to join the House Vilrath's ranks as House members.

These positions are permanent positions and absolute loyalty is demanded.

Payment options will be discussed in person.

~Gauss'dril d'Vilrath, Quel'Saruk

Fel'Brin - I am one with the shadows

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 18 2013, 9:11 AM 

Player

During one particularly exhaustive cycle, the Lord Commander and another mage can be seen moving along the coast. They spend much of the time conversing while Naltyrr scribes a great many runes (with the exception of one which the other mage does under his supervision) around the city and casting a spell on each of them.

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 18 2013, 12:34 PM 

Player

There's strange things moving about inside house d'vilrath. The sorcerer Ulviir is slowly summoning a few low level demons with the spell Summon monster III, IIIV and V. He commands them to shovel dirt and rocks, twigs and mucus the skum left behind. Once one summon fades he conjures another.

The sorcerer also resorts to one or two Unseen servants, which he creates with A piece of string and a bit of wood.
They shovel up dirt and rocks onto a large Floating disc which he have made somewhat deep, like a basket of sorts. Occasionally he moves out of the house and let's the disco float out into the water and dispels it - Letting rock, dirt and roots fall down into the water.

This procedure is repeated for three-four hours before the sorcerer exhausts all his spell uses per day and needs to rest.

//My inspiration =D

Last edited by Very_Svensk on Sun, Aug 18 2013, 13:34 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 18 2013, 12:40 PM 

Player

Quote:
Lord Commander Naltyrr

May i humbly request one or two bards at my disposal to place a larger number of broomsticks, axes, pickaxes and buckets under the effects of the spell Animate Object?
I would require a few castings of the spell Permanency, which i am unable to cast.

My reasons are as follows;
    - I am sick of the gravel, stone and dirt that loiter nec'pereya.
    - I want our city to shine and flourish. We must start with the basics.
    - Creating a small army of animated objects would let us focus on more important things then shovelling dirt.

Ulviir'aufein of house d'vilrath

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 26 2013, 21:52 PM 

Player

As ever the Ul'ath'tallar is seen in the streets around the island here and there. It would seem that as of late she has shown a propensity to spend much of her time within the Temple or praying at the outside altar and idol to Lolth. What she prayed about or even spent time in the Temple was a mystery, even from most of the yath considering much of the indoors time was spent in the altar room alone.

Regardless, none could doubt she still existed, moving about in the ominous silence that seemed to perpetually wrap about her. Every now and then she would return to the island by leyline, though her departure was never witnessed, sometimes with fresh blood upon her armor. It was always quickly and thoroughly cleaned, returning her armor to it's spotless condition once she was again seen.

The Ul'ath'tallar was busy these cycles, indeed, and not only in Nec'perya. Perhaps time would tell why that was.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 06 2013, 23:40 PM 

Player

The captain of the Spider Bearer drafts four copies of the map his crewman created. One is provided to the Vanguard, one to the Vilrath compound, one to the Temple, and the last is hung within Nec'perya's trade house for public reference. Those that know the waterways understand that the scaling is completely wrong, but it is a gist of what everyone knows to be true.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 09 2013, 14:51 PM 

Player

The few children Nec'perya boasts have taken to sport in the street, brandishing driftwood swords and non-edible mushroom shields. They assault each other in good sport as Vanguard vs Orcs.

General morale seems high, though food stores are dwindling. Many of the commoner Drow murmur of taking their chances with roasting Skum flesh, despite the warnings of it being slightly too acidic for the pallet to handle. Jokes of 'how to cook a Skum' become more common in the bar and shops.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 09 2013, 17:42 PM 

Player

The Ul'ath'tallar would look on and watch from somewhat of a distance. Emotionless crimson eyes bead down upon them, inwardly reveling in their fighting. Like Isen her eyes watched their style and skill, so to speak, though she never made a move to aid. Such was not fit for her station, and she knew the priest had it well in hand.

If she approved of the sparring she said nothing, merely watched from time to time. Perhaps they would take it as a good sign that the highest ranking priestess of the island -clad as ever in her immaculate and polished armor, helm tucked under her left arm- stood in the distance to watch them appraisingly. The longsword hung at her left side as it always did, her coiled whip secured on her right.

Galenson

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 10 2013, 7:31 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

At the sight of the children, the Scholar made the quick adjustment to walk down an adjacent street. Several logical possibilities filtered through his mind had he continued to walk his former path ranging from the children demanding him change, the children stopping to "slay the great dragon" with their makeshift weapons or the setting of a stunned silence bred from xenophobic fear that ceased their activity.

Irrespective of which possibility would have happened, it would have caused a disruption in their behaviour... and a disruption was not what he required at this point in time. Nor the children from the muffled sounds of their enjoyment. He walked down the quieter, adjacent street.

It was only a quick climb to the roof of one of the outlying ground level apartments, aided immensely by the claws of some dangerous creature whose persona he had acquired over his many centuries. Although only twelve feet above the street level, there was a relative calm to the solitude of the roof which he enjoyed. He laid himself with his back flat on the cold stone surface, the green radiance of the sky-like Faerzress reflecting off the mirrored surface of his mask as his ice blue eyes stared into the great green depths deep in contemplation.

It was hours later when his lower features not concealed by the mask finally curled into a cunning smile...

"I've now got the answer" he said.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 11 2013, 3:52 AM 

Player

Those with access to the Temple would find the donation chest filled with an assortment of building materials. If the guards were asked, it would appear that Zrae had deposited a number of logs, planks, and even some metals and mortal into the chest for safekeeping.

A busy Ul'ath'tallar, indeed.

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 15 2013, 11:42 AM 

Player

Naltyrr these cycles can often be seen busy with various paperwork, scurrying around the settlement and often taking long trips outside it. At times he also can be seen directing the construction of some new skum flesh golems once again. Busy as he may seem, the Lord Commander doesn't seem to have lost any of his vigor.

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 27 2013, 9:56 AM 

Player

Oft of late, when not outside the city, Naltyrr can be found examining the process of the Spider Barge's upgrades. He keeps himself well away from disturbing their work, but he takes numerous notes about the construction process, evidently taking an interest in the shipbuilding business.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 18 2013, 20:40 PM 

Player

Morale remains high.

Citizens are openly impressed with the Spider Bearer, now the largest ship any of them have ever seen. Sounds of carpentry still echo from within her dark, armored hull. She is quite obviously nearing completion. Such progress has prompted calls for exploration once trade with L'Obsul is fully reestablished.

Per Naltyrr's orders, the Flesh Golems have cleared over half of the minor perimeter towers of rubble. Their presence has taken a lot of getting used to as, in silhouette, they still appear extremely close to regular Skum.

The food deliveries, slaves, and domestic Displacer Beasts that Ulviir procured have been greatly appreciated by both the general public and the troops of the Vanguard. While many guards claim that the Displacer Beasts are toying with them, when push comes to shove, it has made the border guards more diligent in their duties.

Rumors abound concerning the new House Lolarox. The citizens of Nec'perya treat them with the obligated respect, but not much is known of them. The top three rumors:

"They stole Ulaviir for themselves! How will Vilrath respond?"
"I haven't seen a Vilrath come out of their home in a while, maybe they just took a new name?"
"Did you see their matron go exploring the perimeter islands with a minimal guard? Either the Skum didn't expect that or she must be blessed!"

The people otherwise turn to the Temple concerning the future fate of Vilrath.

Gremin

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 19 2013, 20:44 PM 

Player

Il'haress Tal'vyrae Lolarox can be seen as of late about the city checking in on various projects. At the ship docks she converses with the Captain letting him know a Master Carpenter and others are on the way soon. A Stonemason and workers are being procured also so the dry dock project can move forward. She then moves on to each tower, inspecting the troops guarding them, questioning them about the Skum and looking at the ruins of each tower. She notices the Displacer beasts as she moves about but leaves them be.

In between her walks to the projects she seeks to see she talks to each individual Drow as they pass her, ensuring proper respect and form are shown first. She questions them on their needs, what they think the city should do as a whole and preaches to them about the teachings of Lolth. She answers any questions about House Lolarox if asked if the questions are appropriate in nature but ensuring that the long term plans are not known to the general public. She stops where the children of the city are being taught, watching and listening to make sure they are being taught correctly.

She goes inside the building that houses the shops, inspecting their wares, asking what they need to get better items for sale. She inspects the buildings that are not cleaned of rubble, trash and such. Looking and thinking what each could possibly be used for to improve the welfare of this city. She goes about the whole city with the exception of the House Vilrath. Her last stop is to the temple.

She steps inside the temple, adjusting her robes, dusting herself off and ensuring she is proper for admittance. Once inside she kneels and meditates thinking over this cycle's doings. She prays to the Dread Queen for insight, asking for as much as she can?

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 20 2013, 3:54 AM 

Player

The Ul'ath'tallar is, as ever, seen if not heard within the growing city of Nec'perya. Immaculate armor wrapped about her body, cloak flowing behind her heels, she surveys the domain of Her mistress with utmost care. Ever are her crimson eyes gazing around, soaking in the sights of the bustling isle as they push onwards towards the glory they so sought.

To any casual observer it would appear that she is pleased by what she sees, a cool little smile decorating her lips more often than not. In fact as the Spider Bearer nears completion Zrae can be seen observing it from nearby. Before departing she incants a spell, blessing the ship -and by extension those near it- with a Bless spell.

Should any approach her they would be met with her usual cool demeanor. Queries about Vilrath would receive somewhat cryptic responses, however she gives the general impression that their fate is with the almighty Lolth. She does not repress their curiosity, rather her response smay pique it even further, but she does convey absolute certainty that the city's fate is still well within capable hands. It seems that the Ul'ath'tallar d'Nec'perya is still approachable, to those daring enough.

It would also seem that she has taken to playing a sort of game with the displacers, or if not a game a form of interaction at least. Once a day or so she might be seen casually stalking the beasts, not overtly playing their games with them, but testing to see if she would be followed or observed. Should she be, Zrae would not look towards the beasts instead she would extract from a bag a large chunk of meat and toss it in the direction of said beast. The meat would be not from any being that resides on the isle, save skum-meat sometimes, and most definitely not rothe; typically it would be anything discovered and slaughtered on her brief departures to hunt.

Perhaps she was testing to see what they favor. Perhaps she was trying to train them further. Or perhaps she was trying to ensure they had a taste for meat most definitely not spider or drow or rothe. The Ul'ath'tallar's motives her, as ever, mysterious.

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 20 2013, 19:39 PM 

Player

Quote:
To the public of Nec'pereya (Citizens and nobles alike)

I would like to suggest we build and/or reconstruct the following;
    - (1) A tower of arcane, Research center, Library(Can be built or incorporated in the Vanguard HQ. One floor above ground floor)
    - (1) A Embassy dedicated to Underport and L'obsul and for various other lesser races; Kobolds, Goblins, Svirfneblin, Duergar.
    - (1) A tavern(Somewhere for guests and non-residents to overnight and/or live at) ontop of the merchant house.

Why do we need a tower of the arcane / Research center / Library?
    Knowledge is something we all must strive towards. To consult our old history and learn from past mistakes, to learn of the Old enemy and understand the ways of strange entities. To research new weapons and deadly magic.
    A tower of the arcane / Research center / Library would benefit the island as a whole and provide ample opportunity to educate our old and young alike; While we are already sampling the population for signs of 'The gift of magic' we have really nowhere to educate said gifted ones save in the homes of ones family: a centre or building dedicated to the advancement of the mind should be of the highest priority next to building a drydock.

We can build it above the Vanguard; as to drown out the noises when warriors spar and do battle. We would only need to lay out some reinforcing beams so that the floor (The ceiling of the vanguard HQ) Doesn't fall down.

Why do we need an embassy?
    First of all it makes things smooth. We do not need to travel from Point A to B in order to meet with representatives of Underport and/or L'obsul; And to offer diplomats and high ranking personnel somewhere to consult and act in is a very good sign of goodwill. In turn perhaps they can offer us the same in respective settlements.
    It makes us look top-notch if I may say so myself. An embassy marks the transition between small settlement to City.
    It would make negotiating new or old trade deals, Territorial transgressions and honour past agreements easy: Not to mention how easy it would be to make good relations and serve said relations.
    Due to the high level of interaction between Cities in our interconnected Underdark of today, diplomatic offices are needed in each settlement to aid in and allow such interactions to occur.

A Tavern above the Merchant house
    The one we currently have is beyond appalling and should most definitely need more then just ..A bar. How about we construct a Tavern ontop of the merchant's house; We only need add a set of stairs and flesh out the attic with Chairs and a few sofas, A bar and somewhere to store alcohol and Food. Oh, And we may need to make a kitchen, but in truth it should not be difficult.
    Every setlement i know of has a sturdy Tavern with a sturdy bar where both Soldiers, Mages and travellers can come and relax: Share gossip and catch up on the latest news.
    Whomever we rent this out to could potentially feed our city's coffins greatly.

Ulviir'aufein D'Lolarox

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 22 2013, 4:56 AM 

Player

One cycle, Naltyrr and his geared guardian can be seen heading towards the center of Nec'perya, both carrying something.

Naltyrr, carrying a metal spear and the construct carrying a certain corpse. The mage hands the spear to the construct who promptly drives it through the ground, they then impale the corpse on the spear whereupon Naltyrr hangs a wooden placard across reading:

Grolm Baenre
Heretic of Ultrinnan

Admiring his handiwork, Naltyrr turns to address any spectators.

"Behold the fate of heretics and fools who would seek to destroy our people! No matter how long it takes, now matter how far you run, the vengeance of the drow will find you!"

"Lolth tlu malla!"

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 24 2013, 2:35 AM 

Player

Another message is posted on the public boards.
Quote:

Citizens, I have taken the time to write up a proposition that whenever we are done with the ships and accommodated the Vanguard and other key personnel alongside constructed our forge, shrine and what not, there is still a plethora of space left.
Here's a map to illustrate.

This is no suggestion merely a glimmer of hope and bright future.
Every square marks a spot where we could potentially raise new homes for ourselves.

House lolarox also have plans to erect the following buildings
    - A forge
    - A shrine of selvetarm
    - A tavern
    - A headquarter for the vanguard
    - An embassy
    - A drydock (to repair and construct further ships)
    - A school/Library/mage's tower (An education facility to improve all of our lives)

Ulviir'aufein Lolarox

Gremin

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 30 2013, 9:09 AM 

Player

Il'haress Lolarox can be seen spending a lot of time wandering the city. She does not focus on one particular area but rather goes by each and every project visible within the city. She visits the Spider Bearer each day, checking on its final progress. Conversing with the Captain about his thoughts on possible trade routes and destinations. If the Captain has the time she would spend hours upon hours draining him of his information on all matters he knows regarding the trade possibilities. Once the Captain is no longer available, she would go to each guard tower inspecting its progress on being cleared and rebuilt. She would talk to each individual guard there asking for their take on the post and if any action has occurred?

She would pass the Vilrath compound, watching to see if any come or go? How often the guard gets changed? Are there any city residents not of the house entering and leaving? She would sit just up the ramp in front of the compound daily for long periods of time. In between all these doings she would spend the remainder of her time in the temple, doing her daily duties to Lolth.

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 13 2013, 14:53 PM 

Player

One cycle Naltyrr can be seen striding into House Vilrath, if he is not challenged then he spends about a hour inside before emerging from the House again.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 07 2014, 15:37 PM 

Player

Somewhere deep under the surface of Faerun a priestess reclines in relaxation as she takes in some of the newest information brought to her. Secluded in her current sanctuary she remained blissfully content with something on her mind. Another delicate piece of fodo is popped into her mouth, the ingredients gathered and prepared by her own hands for she never trusted another to make her food, and she let out a contented sigh as she lay there in the nude.

Oh, the wicked webs we weave.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 14 2014, 16:25 PM 

Player

The Spider Bearer completes another journey, unaided from the houses. It is another resounding success thanks to the efforts and lessons learned from its maiden voyage. Little is needed for repairs beyond replacing a few warped deck boards. A formal shipping report is left for the Vanguard and the Temple, but otherwise rumors spread from the crew (as they unwind at Nec'perya's trade house) that the Aboleth and its army have evidently vanished from the watery shadows outside of Edonil's former location.

The most recent cargo brought to the city was 16 barrels of fine liquors from the former bar keep and operator of Iniquity. Three of the barrels find their way to the Temple, awaiting the ritual addition of blood from Lolth's enemies.

Needless to say the crew, and the public of Nec'perya, have taken to celebration and toasting of the Temple, Vanguard, Houses, and bar keep. They know the threat of Skum abounds, but today, simple luxuries have returned to a people that had been denied them for so long.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 18 2014, 17:47 PM 

Player

The Spider Bearer returns from its journey this week laden with about 70 peculiarly exotic surface bird called a Chicken. The ship's Quartermaster claims that they are good for cooking once they are killed and stripped of feathers. Respectful donations of this 'luxury' commodity are made to the size of 15 to the Temple, 10 to First House Lolarox, and 5 to Second House Ussen d'Vhid. The remaining are sold to the general populace.

Many common folk in the town, unfamiliar to it, marvel at the initial sight and the children of the establishment mock the fowl's peckish behavior in their play. Some of the slaves watch the birds being off loaded with pained expressions as they are reminded of the surface and their various homes.

As the day progresses, rumor has it that chicken tastes particularly good when added to the formerly rationed mushroom stew.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 19 2014, 1:59 AM 

Player

Nec'perya's Ul'ath'tallar continues to make her presence seen if not heard. Daily she can be noticed to wander through the streets, her crimson orbs swallowing the sights of the steadily improving island city. Always thoughts run through her head of what is unfolding and what their future course has in store for them all. And, as ever, more ways to goad the denizens of Nec'perya to bring forth glory in Her most esteemed Name.

With only a solitary spider guard -one chosen at random every day- remaining unobtrusively in tow she traverses the paths both well traveled and not, admiring the various activities. It is clear she continues to remain in touch with the city itself, though maintains a level of aloofness even when engaging in idle chatter with this merchant or that. It would be obvious to anyone paying attention that her attention was drawn to gems and jewelry lately.

Much to the chagrin of the spider guard she continues to 'play' with the displacer beasts that have taken to their new home. Whether they respond to it or not is another matter, but she seems content in providing them with a variety of food clearly not spider or drow or rothe; always seeking to keep their appetites away from those that reside properly upon the isle.

As of the last voyage of the Spider Bearer, though, Zrae'a'stra'fryn seems to take to a new objective while strolling the city and conversing with the people of her flock: She speaks with those of the food industries. From her various conversations it seems that she is quite interested in discovering more uses for the chickens in food. The recipe for the chicken and mushroom stew would be sought after, the Ul'ath'tallar seeming keen in securing it for whatever reason she had to do so. Perhaps she had something brewing in her cool brain, though one might wonder why she would push to for new and creative dishes?

Pony

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 02 2014, 21:54 PM 

Player

Ahlysaaria of house Ussen d'Vhid continues to be a scarse these cycles. Focused first and foremost on her studies and the academy project, she seldom leaves the temple of the mother of spiders.

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 06 2014, 2:27 AM 

Player

There was a cycle of... Madness perhaps? Inside the Lolarox Compound. Sounds of spells being let loose and shouting could be heard inside before it quieted. At some point after, two bodies could perhaps be seen being taken from the Compound to the Temple, but it was not the end of strange things to happen as the sound of some more spells being cast could be heard inside, then two mages emerged from the Temple coated with defensive spells.

Meeting with a particular priestess in front of the Temple, the three headed backed into the Lolarox Compound followed by the sounds of more loud spells being exchanged and shouts, one of the most uttered lines being "Shut up Ulviir!" After some more loud noises and another priestess finding herself way inside, the four drow were seen walking out of the Compound, where soon afterwards they went into the Temple where there was some more screaming.

A noisy cycle.

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 07 2014, 2:10 AM 

Player

Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

House Lolarox is not the only place of intrigue it would turn out. After a meeting in the Vanguard HQ the last to leave the building are the First Matron and two males. The familiar figure of Rith'tar would be seen visibly shaken by whatever had occurred inside.

Thus prompting more frequent and lavish tributes to be found at the feet of the idol of Selvetarm. Considering it comes in the form of severed heads, it seems that Rith'tar is determined to make his devotion known by sight and smell.

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 19 2014, 5:32 AM 

Player

A pair of drow, one in Lolarox colours that many may recognise as Naltyrr and the other helmeted and in black that some might know as Kerath, are seen exiting the Temple of Nec'perya dragging a limp body by the legs and facedown towards House Lolarox where they disappear within.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next