View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Malios Darkblade

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 26 2013, 11:19 AM 

Player

The first is sent to Iniquity's manager:

Quote:
"Dear Manager,

The Vanguard would like to make some last minute requisitions from your fine establishment to assist us in defending our populace from impending attack. We require the following:

- Your chandelier chains to tie the Main gate closed,

- Your tables, chairs and wooden doors to brace the Main Gate and its surrounding walls,

- Your dancing cages and Chandeliers for additional gate braces,

- All drinking glasses and glass bottles to throw at our foes,

- Your supply of cooking oils to set alight our foes,

- Your food stores to be placed on the barges for our departure, (You may accompany the food)

- A single gambling chip for good luck, and

- The establishment's sign to be placed on the barges so the establishment may live on at our next destination.

If it is ok of us to requisition these items, please respond by letter to the Herald of Vigilance and we will take what we need.

This is an official Vanguard notice,

The War Sage."

The second is directed towards the Vanguardsmen themselves.

Quote:
"Vanguard,

Due to the decreased use of the Melee Magthere, consider all of its interior furniture fit to be repurposed into barricades to defend our city.

Every table, every weapon rack, every weapon, every chair is to be requisitioned to the appropriate areas to barricade.

All trophies and heirlooms however are to be transported to the Barges so that the Magthere's history lives on with its people. This is to be done as soon as possible.

If anyone has any objections to this, then they may suggest alternate uses for its furniture to the Queen's Whip or the War Mistress.

This is an official Vanguard notice,

The War Sage."

Bravo21

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 26 2013, 18:10 PM 

Player

An annoyed looking archmage pokes his head from the back room. "What seems to be this disturbance?"

After a few minutes of contemplation over the newly arrived letter, he gives the bartender and Iniquity staff a sly smile. He intones in a pleasant even voice with a touch of mirth perhaps, "How interesting. It seems that the ever vigilant dragon and leader of our fine city has gotten around to taking notice of this establishment."

"Today, all drinks are on myself!", with a shout and flourish of his own half full glass of wine. "Then, on to business."

"First of all...", looking about the large room. "I for one happen to like the chandeliers right where they are, it helps one to see what might find it way into ones glass, no?" He clears his thought, "Besides, ever seen a demon be confounded by a few chains? I have not, and taken into account the fear mongered by our deep dragon of teleporting demons, a futile gesture at best. And since myself nor anyone here shall face the indignity of sitting on the floor we will keep our furniture as well, demons and discomfort be damned! Lolth tlu Malla!!"

"And last but certainly not least, anyone here might wish to remember how well counted you are among the others fleeing the city." He casually looks from face to face, "Why, now when the horde is at the very gates does this dragon have a sudden need of any of you where he didn't before now?" He continues slightly louder, "Why is this place important, only at the last moment, as the very last afterthought?" A long pause, "Hmmm, one might wonder of course. A letter... and not a yath brimming with the Great Valsharesses power to give us comfort in knowing our Queen is with us?!? What conclusion can we possibly draw?" He lets the last linger on as he asks the bartender to refill his glass and pays for everyone's tab for the rest of the cycle.

-Krrja

Bravo21

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 26 2013, 18:28 PM 

Player

A letter is subsequently delivered to the War Sage.

Quote:
War Sage,

Enclosed is the gambling chip you requested. Use it wisely, luck favors one who plans.

Krrja,
Iniquity Public Relations Board

-Krrja

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 26 2013, 18:44 PM 

Player

If the bar mistress is caught off guard, she hides it well. She raises a brow at the sudden orders, having already moved most of her furnishings to the barges while keeping enough stools to keep the bar itself open in an effort to help rally morale. She addresses Krrja.*

"It was only a matter of time before those in charge of the war effort took interest in -my- supplies. Most of these things are already on the barges. They are up to you to remove them and put into place. Furthermore, I expect full compensation for the materials used so that I can rebuild wherever it is those barges are to take us. A sign is worthless without any support behind it.

And since when do the Children of Lolth require 'luck,' hmm? But..."

*Her voice takes a practiced, slightly condescending sarcastic tone*

"If it will make the great Dragon slumber better, I am sure he will be obliged."

*She looks him in the eyes before getting back to work deftly handling drink orders.

Elsewhere, members of the Vanguard get to work on transporting trophies away from the Magthere building. They proceed to follow their orders as best they can.*

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]