View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
Spirit of Rock

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 03 2012, 15:39 PM 

Player

Hello everyone,

I've often had a crack at playing svirfneblin on Amia, as they're one of my favourite races, but the UD seems very drow-centric, so I thought I'd try and see how many other regular underdarkers are about. I know that there's a sort of understanding between the Drow and the other races in the amian UD, but why would any right-minded underdarker willingly stroll into the drow part of town? I figured you're basically asking to have your head kicked in, which isn't really what I want to spend most of my time doing. (though it's still fun sometimes)

Anyway, I really enjoy playing as svirfneblin, which means I tend to spend a lot of time on them hanging around and exploring in the underdark, but then heading to A when I get frustrated with the emptiness. This feels like a huge cop-out, but obviously it's kind of necessary with timezones, B generally having less people on etc etc. I'm not expecting 30 people to suddenly rush forward and provide me with oodles of underdark RP, just get the names of a few people I can play with semi-regularly.

I only had a brief look around, so I'm sorry if I missed another thread for this.

Galenson

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 04 2012, 7:00 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

_Cairn Reborn_ wrote:
but the UD seems very drow-centric, so I thought I'd try and see how many other regular underdarkers are about. I know that there's a sort of understanding between the Drow and the other races in the amian UD, but why would any right-minded underdarker willingly stroll into the drow part of town?

You answered your own question there matey; necessity. Necessity to be around people or be alone.

One could list down a few causes why it is as it is, but the end result is that the other Underdark races aren't as well known or as popular compared to Drow. Its a shame I know, but its a reality we have to deal with. As I keep telling folks, there's parts of the lore you just have to set aside for the greater good and racial segregation, especially for non-Drow characters who don't have an established playerbase, is the big one.

What's your toons name? I'll keep an eye out.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 04 2012, 19:11 PM 

Player

Short answer is simply Trade and a desire to not die by any other millions of ways the UD offers you.

On Amia, Edonil remains a mostly Drow-only club (though they have a few trade-based open gate policies), but L'Obsul and Underport are havens of trade for all manner of creature/race in the UD and neither are ruled by the Drow.

Letrune

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 09 2012, 14:58 PM 

Player

Sorry for chitchatting into the talk, but I'd like to play something not-drow in the underdark as well, while (now) not being a slave itself (that is for later! :P). I wish to ask what can be suggested for me...? Some things to know: I can not play male characters (Since I don't understand men at all. :P). Also, I'd prefer to be on a fine job instead on being a constant hiding and fighting and being a hero and so on, if I can choose. So, I'd like to be a commoner if I can. :D

Anatida

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 10 2012, 12:25 PM 

Player

Well I've seen several other PC races in L'obsul. Svirfs, Orlogs, kobolds. There is plenty to do in and around L'obsul even if you never want to adventure/hunt :)

Feel free to give me a shout in game. I even have a Svirf myself.

Letrune

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 10 2012, 18:54 PM 

Player

Thank you, I am in talking with a gentleman, and we currently working on a character idea. :) Meanwhile I'd like to ask here what race could be fine in-world for a more intelligent-dextreous character who chooses a job like, a cook or carpenter or like such.

Thank you forwardly. :)

Edit: slave is done! I wish to get jobs now to do while the master is not online. :P

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]