View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
Anatida

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 24 2011, 0:54 AM 

Player

The First Daughter entered the Qu'ellar d'Tinnerai with a new recruit. The Yathrin knocked on the office door of the Il'haress and both jalilen entered when prompted.

"Malla Il'haress, I would like to present to dos, Amothien. I believe she has the potential to be a powerful seeress for the Que'llar."

The il'haress nodded, and bid the jalilen to sit where they spoke for several klew'kinnen about Amothien's past, her beliefs, and what she might add to the Que'llar. The il'haress sent the sorceress to the dining hall for refreshment, and spoke to the first daughter alone. When Amothien was called back to the office, the il'haress bestowed the house insigia on her, without her customary... ceremony. The Matron sent the sorceress off with a qu'rothe, instructing her to familiarize herself with the que'llar.

Once the office door closed the First Daughter looked at the the Matron and said softly, "Il'haress, if you don't mind me saying... you look tired."

The Matron looked upon her most trusted daughter, examining her for a long while before she finally spoke. "I haven't v'dre' in days, Maral. I have been in communion with the Valsharess."

Maral waited for the il'haress to continue, and at last she did. "The Dread Queen has other work for me, and requires for me to return to my studies at the temple. You will take over as il'haress of Tinnerai."

Yathrin Maral d'VerinVharc Tinnerai sat quietly, mentally turning and weighing this news, her face a calm and unreadable mask. After a time of long and comfortable silence she replied, "Whatever serves the Valsharess, and Tinnerai, Malla il'h...qu'el'yathrin."

The two went on to speak of the necessities of the transfer of leadership... and the impending temple responsibilities.

May'ryna left the office, and Maral looked at the other woman's desk for a long time. At last she walked to the other side, and sat in the Matron's chair, sliding her hands over the cold, black marble. A cold smile turned up the corners of her mouth slightly and she said - in a voice so soft only the dead could hear, "Il'har, il'harn... Usstan orn naut hojh dos!"

Over the next three cycles she talked to many members of the Que'llar individually. Finding their strengths, and weaknesses. Plans were made for the future good of the Que'llar, and each was dismissed with new instructions...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]