View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 28 2020, 20:50 PM 

Player

Hi,

I understand that there use to be self harm pots for undead shape.

I was wondering if there was a possibility of something entering amia that had a similar effect, even to a lesser degree?

Thank you

Jes

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 28 2020, 21:33 PM 

DM

I don't remember there ever being self-Harm potions, since the PVP settings don't actually allow harmful spells from potions to affect the user (at least, any "harmful" potion I've ever tested never actually did anything). There might have been some kind of custom-scripted thing, but I'll have to dig for it.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 28 2020, 21:42 PM 

Player

I too would like this

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 28 2020, 22:10 PM 

Player

Afaik, they never existed, because they'd make shifter absolutely broken. Or, one specific shifter at least.

That said, they existed for a reason. Regen. Also, the undead shapes were balanced with exactly the lack of healing in mind.

Riley

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 29 2020, 0:03 AM 

Developer

Yeah there used to be custom scripted harm potions Cory used for his undead shape

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 29 2020, 0:22 AM 

Player

Maybe I need to hire a caster to follow me in haven/GSanc and spam me with heal kits.

If only I could hire a henchman to do that.

Or just use heal kits. Good lord I wish shifters could use heal kits.

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 29 2020, 18:22 PM 

Player

There weren't custom scripted harm potions. Not that he didn't try to get it, almost 11 years ago. And again, almost 10 years ago. And a bunch of other times, between and after that, all also shot down.

He did eventually get potions that could heal him for a bit, but far far less than heal potions and less than you get from using 1 +10 heal kit with 20ish skill on average (10+20+1d20 or 31-50), something you can do twice per round. He had custom scripted ones that healed for below 40 hp average and with a huge attached price tag but they broke like... 7 years ago. He later got inflict critical wounds(12) potions, which heal for 4d8+12 HP or 20-44. A rather big old cry from the full heal that a harm potion would give, especially in Cory's case who had more HP than anyone except a beefy 20+ con Dwarf Dwarven defender.

Several different DM teams have already consistently ruled that being able to fully heal up in undead forms would be broken because it's the 1 big drawback they have by design, and if it wasn't intended they would simply have changed the race from undead to shapeshifter or whatever and presto, heal potions work. And given that they've held that position consistently for over 11 years, despite everything else that's changed balance-wise, I doubt that will ever change.

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 29 2020, 19:35 PM 

Player

It’s hard to be in a situation where I know I’m running out of hp, but because the risen lord has more base con, I know if I unshift, I die (on top of the form having all my defences).

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 29 2020, 20:39 PM 

Player

All shifters are in the same boat when it comes to unshifting. You don't die when you unshift, just FYI. You are reduced to 1 hp. It's not like losing the temp HP from a spell, where it kills you. So if you can unshift and drink before taking 1 hp damage, then you're fine. But it's risky, sometimes it works other times it doesn't. But if it's something you want to mitigate you can always get more regen items or request the same inflict critical wounds potions that Cory had. Worst case scenario, you get told no. But if you want more than that, I wouldn't hold my breath. It'd be like dragonshifters asking to get the dragon reskinned to a half-orc size model instead to circumvent the biggest drawback of the shape, the size and getting stuck. It's a drawback that's there by design and circumventing it without also losing something significant would be insanely OP, and if you're going to redesign it to not have the flaw or the biggest benefit, then what's the point anymore.

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 29 2020, 20:41 PM 

Player

Except for all the times when you do die. It’s happened to me quite a bit. It’s a bug that decides I hit 0hp, then puts me to 1, but Amia reads it as I died.

thunderbrush

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 01 2020, 17:47 PM 

Player

Are you under the effect of endurance via spell or potions? That could certainly cause this.

Michael Harcourte: Painter, Scribe.

Sebastian Mayartte: Gambler, MercenaryDeceased

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 02 2020, 1:03 AM 

Player

No, no con boosts.

And this has always been the case with any shifter or Druid I’ve ever played.

To be honest, I thought everyone had this problem.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]