View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 16 2019, 23:17 PM 

Player

Hey! Amia lists literally all of its other mechanics save for summons and this is problematic. Some class concepts tend to build around summoning things (pale master, conjurer, bg) and they ought to know if their summon is good or hot doo doo without having to spend the time investment of leveling to 30.

It would also help us as a community better understand if something is to strong (bbod) to weak (gate) or doesn't fill it's role very well (bg succubus) and purpose changes for them.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 16 2019, 23:21 PM 

Player

I second this.

I don't know how much work it would be though, seems like a complete guide to all summons would be .. Phew.. Quite the big work load!

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 16 2019, 23:34 PM 

Player

I will personally volunteer to do it if allowed. No extra work for the dev team unnecessarily.

DC taxation is theft!

Kamina

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 17 2019, 16:43 PM 

Player

I would not be opposed to a community-led documentation of it.

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 17 2019, 16:48 PM 

Player

I might try this in a spreadsheet format. What stats specifically do you want?

Race, alignment, ability scores, saves would be primary. Anything else?

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Magiros

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 17 2019, 16:52 PM 

Player

Kamina wrote:

Would prefer this as IC efforts, but oh well.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 17 2019, 16:55 PM 

Player

It can be done IC, but a lot of the monster sheet info is pretty meta regardless. You dont measure strength in numbers or will saves so it'll have to be mostly OOC.

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 17 2019, 16:56 PM 

Player

Magiros wrote:
Kamina wrote:

Would prefer this as IC efforts, but oh well.

Richard_Edmund wrote:
It can be done IC, but a lot of the monster sheet info is pretty meta regardless. You dont measure strength in numbers or will saves so it'll have to be mostly OOC.

Yeah, it's kinda ... Meh to go IG and ask people "Hey, that Dragon you summon... On a scale of 1 to 40, how much physical strength does he have?"

And it really is more aimed towards planning out your build.

Magiros

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 17 2019, 17:26 PM 

Player

Well this is a topic that has been brought up before and at least in those times having Summons stat sheets out in Amia forums has been a no. Therefore, the decision is on the DM team to make a call if they want to change that.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 18 2019, 4:15 AM 

Player

The thing is, a lot of this mechanical information cannot be measured in character. And amia thoroughly documents the rest of its mechanical information in game. This will also allow for a more transparent look at the summon meta so that the numbers and mechanics autists (me) can suggest bemeficial changes to them.

It will also let us know when some developers buff things without thinking and basically buff something they already use very frequently without realizing they're necessarily biased toward the summon. *cough*bbod*cough*

The last time this subject got brought up was for years ago when the player base and dm team were kind of hostile to one another, and there was a deep distrust between them. It was also OpenTheRift leading the charge. I will openly admit that OTR has this super power where he makes anything sound bad just by being for it.

But yeah, the "do it IC" arguements just doesn't make sense on a server as well documented as this, nor would most of the information be able to be recorded in a way that makes sense. It would be cumbersome and every time a balance change is made would need to be redone for creatures that are essentially static in character.

It would keep perfectly in the high quality standard of amia's documentation of mechanical changes to document this ooc, and I will personally do do the write up for the new forums.

DC taxation is theft!

Magiros

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 18 2019, 5:21 AM 

Player

Magiros wrote:
Well this is a topic that has been brought up before and at least in those times having Summons stat sheets out in Amia forums has been a no. Therefore, the decision is on the DM team to make a call if they want to change that.

Secondly, I would avoid naming people for past actions. Rarely brings up good. What is needed is Dm team decision to allow this be done. It is not something I will take part in saying a no or yes. I do prefer IC ways regardless what way it goes.

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:17 AM 

Player

As far as I know there's never been any rules against people doing something like this of their own volition, either as an OOC or IC reference document that they put on the forums or keep private. For instance long before the spell changes were made public on the forums, some of us had them noted down in our own notes for our own use or to share. So yeah I say have at it! Also I don't think discussing how to go about it or if you should or not is going to get it done, if you want to see this or have a compiled list of summon stats... just start making it.

The DM stance on it has been that it's not something we were going to make, afaik nothing ever stopped people from making it themselves and sharing it with the playerbase similarly to how players made the compilation of spellchanges. As for putting it on the forums it's something the team could discuss if/when someone makes it, but I personally have no issue with it since it's just an ease of access thing and won't stop people from keeping private records of it anyway that they share with whoever.

Magiros

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:29 AM 

Player

Thanks for clarifying it Gravenmaskin!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]