View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
angst360

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 02 2018, 21:05 PM 

Player

The title says it all...

You kill phane, you get the essence. You take it to Belorfin and he applies it to your selected piece of equipment. You look at said equipment and there is the divine resist you wanted. Return to server A and automagically your divine resist becomes +5 lore. Yeah, 'reasons'. That's fine...

This isn't a gripe about the change.

Sure, I understand the scripting for this change was a rush job and was pushed through in a hurry and that it was probably 'meant to be temporary' and, of course, 'that person is no longer on the team', etc...

But, seriously, Belorfin's script needs to be overhauled and that template change removed from the login script. It's lazy coding and its bad procedure.

But most importantly, the current setup creates a sense of disappointment and a feeling that you have just been robbed of something and does not reflect well on the dev team.

Angelis96

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 02 2018, 22:08 PM 

Player

Might I inquire as to an elaboration which portion of this is befitting of an Improving Amia post?

What exactly is the change or addition being proposed?

robbi320

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 02 2018, 22:54 PM 

Player

I believe the problem angst is poitning out is that giving the temporal essence to Belorfin will still reward you with 5/- divine DR. Only a log into A, or at least a relog will fix that.

Ideally, the quest should just reward you with a +5 lore slapped onto the item, rather than divine resist that gets converted to lore at some point.
As it stands currently, everything in the quest, and the reward looks like it should reward 5/- divine. While I don't feel it's massively gamebreaking that people can, potentially run around on b with some divine resist, it seems like it would be cleaner if the quest was changed to actually give +5 lore on an item of the players' choice.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]