View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 26 2018, 21:56 PM 

Player

Hello,

Earlier today I found a light gem with a property stating it had an added value of 5000. I think this is a huge improvement and realized maybe adding the same property to mythals would be a good idea?

Revak

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 27 2018, 10:33 AM 

Player

I can get behind this also considering the playerbase prices.

Tarnus

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 27 2018, 11:31 AM 

Player

I could see that.

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 27 2018, 13:14 PM 

Player

Might not be a bad idea to expand on the description they have as well so that it's easier for new players to know their purpose and avoid selling them if we do add a proper gold value to each one.

walnutboy

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 27 2018, 13:26 PM 

Player

Or make a particular merchant the only one who'll buy them.

Revak

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 27 2018, 13:27 PM 

Player

walnutboy wrote:
Or make a particular merchant the only one who'll buy them.

Beldor with a fake moustache?

Angelis96

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 27 2018, 15:27 PM 

Player

I honestly love the idea.

My only air for concern is if you add a reasonable GP value to mythals it will start making people sell them to NPCs for loot change instead of trading them in between the community. Especially if you have more than you can count or people that are 100% new and have no idea as to what they are.

Ðraco

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 27 2018, 16:29 PM 

Player

It would be nice to have as an option. You'll always get more gold by selling to players over a store as it is with everything anyways. Plus if there is a store buying mythals, you just know some higher level characters will check it now and then to scoop up mythals sold.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 27 2018, 16:30 PM 

Player

Angelis96 wrote:

My only air for concern is if you add a reasonable GP value to mythals it will start making people sell them to NPCs for loot change instead of trading them in between the community. Especially if you have more than you can count or people that are 100% new and have no idea as to what they are.

I don't like the idea, for the exact same reason you mentioned. I don't play as often lately (super busy IRL..), but when I do I usually try to help newcomers as much as possible. The number of players I have to tell about not selling mithals to the NPCs is already quite important - don't want to give them any more reasons to do it (I mean, they do it for 1 gp already...). You want to encourage players interacting together, not make this a solo-game.

Having a description that says what they are for, and warning people not to waste them on NPCs (like Grave suggested) however is a brilliant idea.

walnutboy

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 27 2018, 17:53 PM 

Player

Over price the high end ones. Basically have the npc refuse greater and over because he can spend that much while leaving the intimidate and lower free to sell for a reasonable price. Keep in mind that the npc only buys, never sells. A wondering merchant perhaps?

robbi320

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 27 2018, 18:19 PM 

Player

I don't think making a mythal dump such a great idea... To be honest, I always thought mythals were in a fun place, alongside blank wands and scrolls. On the one hand, they're worth a lot to certain people. On the other hand, though, they're dependant on finding players willing to buy them. I don't think they should be changed, because either the one merchant still isn't neccessarily known to everyone. See a new player who would want to get his hands on a BoT. They might not even know they exist, let alone that you cam buy a full one for like 20-40k.
Alternatively, adding value to them so they can be sold to shops, if anything, I think that's the better, but also not really neccessary. They're on a different roll, so you're not actually losing any gold from them, and they're worth far more to other players anyway. Whether you sell them for 1 gold or 5k, a player will usually play at least double that...

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 27 2018, 23:09 PM 

Player

Mushidoz wrote:
Angelis96 wrote:

I don't like the idea, for the exact same reason you mentioned. I don't play as often lately (super busy IRL..), but when I do I usually try to help newcomers as much as possible. The number of players I have to tell about not selling mithals to the NPCs is already quite important - don't want to give them any more reasons to do it (I mean, they do it for 1 gp already...). You want to encourage players interacting together, not make this a solo-game.

Having a description that says what they are for, and warning people not to waste them on NPCs (like Grave suggested) however is a brilliant idea.

Your argument goes both ways! If they sell it for one gold already, then adding gold values to them would mean new players don't sell them for nothing at least. So even if they don't use them for their intended use, they didn't waste the mythals completely.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28 2018, 0:32 AM 

Player

If they get rid of them for 1 gold, then I assume they thought it was a useless misc item in the loot table. If you put a higher cost on them, you'll have way more new players assuming they are indeed junk meant to be sold - alike to what nuggets are in the Pokémon games.

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28 2018, 1:05 AM 

Player

I understand your concern, but I think expanding the description would be a sufficient counter-measure.

Though I am biased in this, I just started a new character and he's around lvl 11 now, and has 13 mythals he does not need. I can use one to upgrade the wand, but I have zero use for most of them. I have tried selling them already, but I am having a hard time ridding myself of them which was what prompted me to make this suggestion in the first place.

Zafriah

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28 2018, 2:59 AM 

Player

Mushidoz wrote:
If they get rid of them for 1 gold, then I assume they thought it was a useless misc item in the loot table. If you put a higher cost on them, you'll have way more new players assuming they are indeed junk meant to be sold - alike to what nuggets are in the Pokémon games.

Yeah, at minimum it needs to be obvious that they're valuable.

I also recognise that it's nicer to have PCs talking to each other and finding out about these things through RP, but Amia is big and player base is still small, so I support the idea of an NPC who purchases them.

walnutboy

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28 2018, 10:14 AM 

Player

Is there actually anything IG that tells you about them?

Tarnus

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28 2018, 13:12 PM 

Player

Loading screen text and some IC books if memory serves.

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

walnutboy

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28 2018, 13:22 PM 

Player

My load screen loads to quick to read all of it if that's so lol

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28 2018, 13:28 PM 

Player

I mean, there's a hint in the description that they might be useful.

Quote:
There's a distinct notch in the center of the crystal, which hints at a possible magical power within. It'd be best to seek out the local wizard to discern it's purpose.

Revak

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28 2018, 14:41 PM 

Player

Really should have something along the lines of:

Lesser, Minor, Intermediate, Greater: "Whilst little use beyond the recharging of portal wands for your average adventurer, they are prized for their enchantment properties by the more magically inclined adventuring population. It may be worthwhile to check the notice boards before selling it off to a merchant."

Perfect, Flawless: "Unlike their smaller counterparts these are some of the more sought after variants of mythals, offering some of the most powerful enchantments available if taken to someone who knows how to work with them. "

Divine: "In awe of the size of this lad, absolute unit." "You hold in your hands the rarest and most valuable of all the mythals. It's sheer beauty and magical properties lives up to the title of "divine", and is worth a small fortune."

Black Mythal: ????

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]