View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
MightNMagic

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 21 2018, 13:17 PM 

Player

Is it possible to code so that you can enchant an entire stack of bottles instead of one at a time?

Making a lot of potions is such a pain.

(No tells for Rashad while I'm playing other characters please.)

Guardian

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 21 2018, 13:18 PM 

Player

I donate a DC to this.

=========
Obsidian (inactive)

Toymaker

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 21 2018, 14:57 PM 

Player

+1 Dc

Angelis96

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 21 2018, 15:43 PM 

Player

That'd require a hakpak update as itd require directly altering a base game feat manually. And it couldn't be scripted into a widget as it works via the spellbook interaction.

It could be done but not anytime soon.

Selmak

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 12 2018, 8:25 AM 

Player

MightNMagic, about seven years back I think I altered the behaviour of potion crafting so that you can cast the same spell onto an already-brewed potion and it will remove one of your empty potion bottles and increase the stack size by one. No idea if that's still a thing though and I don't remember if it was implemented fully.

Making a whole stack in one go would usually require you to have ten castings of the spell memorised. But... apart from that it just costs gold to make them, so it doesn't make a huge difference to be able to brew a whole stack, if you have the gold to cover it, that is. Thing is, what if you didn't want to brew a whole stack, just one potion? There's no way ingame to decide what you want to do.

Angelis96

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 14 2018, 15:36 PM 

Player

Selmak wrote:
MightNMagic, about seven years back I think I altered the behaviour of potion crafting so that you can cast the same spell onto an already-brewed potion and it will remove one of your empty potion bottles and increase the stack size by one. No idea if that's still a thing though and I don't remember if it was implemented fully.

Making a whole stack in one go would usually require you to have ten castings of the spell memorised. But... apart from that it just costs gold to make them, so it doesn't make a huge difference to be able to brew a whole stack, if you have the gold to cover it, that is. Thing is, what if you didn't want to brew a whole stack, just one potion? There's no way ingame to decide what you want to do.

I can't say with 100% certainty but a conversation box to pick how many you want to brew at a time could by all accounts be added to a feat just as it can with a widget.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 17 2018, 18:30 PM 

Player

There is a mechanic on efu where you can select the number of potions you want to brew from a cauldron item and just cast it on the thing and it would eat up the potions and xp and gold. Worked amazingly. Idk if that would work well here since you could brew multiple potions with a single cast therr but if done here id say 10 per cast would be a decent max. Brewing is a time sink but people are gonna buy 100 or 200 ts pots either way.

I would be super in favor of this because as it is brewing is not fun.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]