View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
MightNMagic

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 31 2018, 1:47 AM 

Player

Awhile back I suggested a way to find RP that let you put yourself on a list using a widget. It got implemented (and works quite well - thanks!), but seemingly just doesn't get much use. Given our lower player numbers, finding RP at times is hard, so I've a better idea for a tool to do so...

Simply put, have an option that when clicked would show the number of players in specific RP-centric areas, namely settlements (mostly).

For example, when clicked it'd look something like this:

Name Players
--------------------------------
Cordor, East 2
Bendir Dale 3
Kohlingen: Tritemple 5

Basically just showing player counts in settlements and areas that are pretty much RP-centric where people gather to do so that way one doesn't have to waste their time going everywhere looking for RP.

(No tells for Rashad while I'm playing other characters please.)

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 31 2018, 14:01 PM 

Player

Discord seems a much better way to handle finding RP.

I can see the value in the tool you propose, but am not sure it is justified given what we already have. I'd be interested in getting more feedback from other on it.

Fel'Brin - I am one with the shadows

Yimmi

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 31 2018, 14:26 PM 

Player

I think an IG thing is better, personally because sometimes People playing wont be paying much attention to the discord... Or for me at least thats the thing haha!
Also from time to time ive posted in the channel without much response :P and having a tool to easily find people in game its always handy

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

Magiros

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 31 2018, 14:38 PM 

Player

We already have a tool you can use to promote searching for RP. I tended to use it a lot, just can't recall how you add it again.

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 31 2018, 15:24 PM 

Player

Well, with the playertools... (which you get by shouting "f_playertools") I honestly forget they exist. And the few times I didn't, nothing came of it. Which, I feel like that's what everyone does. I had a smart comment about Bendir Dale once, and this is the same. If everyone used the playertools, or at least remembered them, everyone would remember them. What I ean by that is that I'd actually use it, and I feel like quite a few others feel the same. (Hell, discord even had the same thing. There was a Discord, and then someone made a new one and more of the bigger factions used it, and suddenly a very large part of the server is using it)

However, I'm not sure what the best way to do it is. I personally do think people should have to actively choose to be on the list. Let's say I make an agent of Kohlingen, but he wants to get some valuable information from Tarkuul... Suddenly people know this character frequents both Tarkuul and Kohl. And we shouldn't have to force people to remember to turn it off every time they log in.
That said, the way it's going now, at least for IG stuff, doesn't work, and there's a few people who aren't on the discord. I, personally, until yesterday, only read and wrote in the buildcrafting topic, because some of the other topics had over 1000 posts in them. I also think it's cooler to not have to pay attention to the discord and NWN at the same time. I occasionally look over, but if I write something, and an hour later, someone asks something, I usually don't notice until after I log, because minimising NWN can be such a hassle.

tl;dr: meh. I don't think there's much to change, except people's attitudes, and those won't change, probably. Sadly.

Ðraco

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 31 2018, 22:02 PM 

Player

yimmi wrote:
I think an IG thing is better, personally because sometimes People playing wont be paying much attention to the discord...

I agree, personally, I don't like Discord. Every time I check it out it seems to be a long list nothing conversations that have little to do with the server itself. Playing while paying attention to Discord is just immersion breaking and not a reliable source to find RP IMHO. Something in-game would be a better option for me personally anyway. Seeing the places people frequent would be a neat option that would allow for like-minded characters to arrange RP, especially for places like Tarkuul where RP is so scarce.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]