View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 
Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 03 2018, 17:42 PM 

Player

Some of the pages are marked as infinite and others aren't.

I also noticed that Flame Weapon is missing from the list of pages, since the BoT used to come with that page as default.

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Kamina

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 03 2018, 17:44 PM 

Player

There is no Flame Weapon page because it is already in the BoT when you buy one.

I'll go over the shop script and see what pages aren't being marked properly.

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 03 2018, 17:45 PM 

Player

The purchased BoT doesn't have Flame Weapon.

Kamina

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 03 2018, 17:52 PM 

Player

Noted, that's a strange bug, until then I know the one from the palette does, if anyone wants to exchange it let me know.

I think the only way we might be able to have this work is to make a Flame Weapon page, this may not be immediate though.

when met"

Kamina

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 03 2018, 19:22 PM 

Player

Pages have been hotfixed, we're going to look in to making a Flame Weapon page. As previously mentioned you can ask a DM for a working book in the mean time (It seems to be an issue with selling the book)

when met"

LeathanKayne

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 04 2018, 1:17 AM 

Player

I've noticed the book doesn't always take kindly to being stored in certain places.
I filled up a BoT book once on my DM avatar and saved that avatar. When I came on later, loading that avatar, the book was there, but it was completely empty. No Flame Weapon either.

Kamina

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 04 2018, 7:32 AM 

Player

Solved this, new page has been added to the shop and appears to be working fine. I'll leave this thread up in case any more bugs appear in relation to the shop.

when met"

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 04 2018, 12:06 PM 

Player

Perhaps not a bug, but three suggestions concerning this new feature AND the lowbie gear merchant (feel free to move this to a different thread if need be).

I will be super biased on this, but as someone who have like 20 or so complete books of transmutation for sale (weird trades in Saya's case), I find it a bit disappointing that the pages are so easily bought. Not only are they all available at the same place, but they also are very cheap.

1 - I would like to suggest that perhaps the content of this merchant be spread across several different similar merchants that could be found around the island in "hidden" locations. This could be a great way of giving purposes to areas that currently have none. I think of the Valley of Giants for example, where there used to be a boat to Actand and where there is some nice "secret" clearings that serve no purpose. Similarly, there could be such a merchant located at some of the nearly forgotten areas in Ostland, or the several unvisited Endir Point areas. Heck, that mephit-filled area in Guldorand would make for a great place for a caster to want to visit with a party (though casters are casters and can most likely solo that place without trying...). It could very well be turned into a "quest", where talking with one of the merchants will tell you where the next merchant is located.

2 - I think the cost of the pages is too low. I mean, we're talking about caster classes here. In most cases, their buffed summons will do all the work for them and in several cases their big aoe death spells will make it so that several maps will get obliterated and provide no challenge to them whatsoever as they level up. The end result is that these characters require almost no investment when it comes to potions, so their cash will rack up quickly. They can very easily afford paying 5-10k per pages, especially since it's a one-off thing.

3 - (Concerning the new lowbie merchant) I think it would be cool if the Parcel Delivery quest you get when you first join could be updated to include that merchant (or at least the lady in front of the Adventuring Guild billboard). I mean, the shop is very easy to access, but how many complete newcomers will find that place early on without someone telling them to get there?

Kamina

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 04 2018, 13:28 PM 

Player

It was either this update or waiting a long while longer. The issue with hidden locations is it’s not newbie friendly, as BoT is such an important tool for many classes we thought it’d be best to make it buyable.

If we didn’t shoehorn the merchant in, there’d still be a considerable gap in time between the removal a couple of years ago and when we could reimplement them.

We shouldn’t be holding new players hostage for their BoTs because a couple of PCs had finished ones while they were still dropping.

I find it amusing your point 3 contradicts point 1, if we hide it people will just ask anyway. Though to directly answer your question we’ve still got a lot of dev work involved with the Wave and Serpent planned.

when met"

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 04 2018, 14:37 PM 

Player

Kamina wrote:
It was either this update or waiting a long while longer. The issue with hidden locations is it’s not newbie friendly, as BoT is such an important tool for many classes we thought it’d be best to make it buyable.

If we didn’t shoehorn the merchant in, there’d still be a considerable gap in time between the removal a couple of years ago and when we could reimplement them.

We shouldn’t be holding new players hostage for their BoTs because a couple of PCs had finished ones while they were still dropping.

I find it amusing your point 3 contradicts point 1, if we hide it people will just ask anyway. Though to directly answer your question we’ve still got a lot of dev work involved with the Wave and Serpent planned.

I'm just saying there doesn't have to be ALL of the pages available right from the get-go at this one and only easy to access location. A newbie doesn't need to have lvl 9 spell pages right from the start. Spread the selection over 4-5 different merchants, place 1 of those merchant at the adventuring guild and the 4 others in otherwise unvisited maps, and we get something that's far more interesting in the end for all parties, in my opinion. The merchant npc is already made, you simply need to more or less copy paste the guy and drop a copy of him with a slightly different selection and a different name and you created fun content / quest without too much effort... Maybe it's just my view on this, dunno. Heck, back then you had to go to different loot-tables to drop all of the pages. It was never a problem to gather all of the pages.

As it is implemented now, the merchant's just there and everyone can just buy all of the pages right from the get-go for almost no price whatsoever. This makes people like me (yes, again, I repeat, I am biased on this) who have several books from the past now have worthless items they should just get rid of completely because they're not even worth keeping as trade material. I dropped some of these pages, and I bought others too.. and they were more expensive at Hil'rash or from other players than they are now at that shop. With my suggestions (increase the price, spread them over locations), at least they still have the value of being "convenient". Someone who doesn't want to go through the "trial-like" quest of going to those places have the option of paying / trading with a PC who did the effort of collecting the pages.

I am not playing a mage, but I know I would enjoy gathering groups to find these other merchants way more than just pay 8000 or so and get all of the pages right-off-the-bat.

Hit me up in-game if you want to ideas as to what areas I have in mind <.< None of them's actually epic-level or incredibly hard to reach. They're just otherwise currently unvisited maps.

Kamina

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 04 2018, 15:07 PM 

Player

Spreading out the pages is still something we are considering but for now this update has not only been overdue but also something we needed to get out of the way. The issue is, you say it was not a problem a few years ago but our playerbase has shrunk. Having the BoT available with all pages is a solution to this problem and if we want to revisit it, it is something we will do in the future. We don’t have many devs at all and we’re all hard at work sorting out IA reports and new content. You are welcome to voice your suggestions but ultimately spreading the pages is deemed low priority.

when met"

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 04 2018, 15:24 PM 

Player

Also the higher-level spell pages are more expensive than the lesser ones, meaning at the very first few levels, unless you've been exceptionally lucky with loot, are almost impossible to buy them all at once.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 04 2018, 17:01 PM 

Player

I understand this is low priority, yes. But I also do not think it is something that is long to do (loading 4 maps and copy pasting that npc with a modified selection of items, pretty much). In my opinion, it's only benefit for everyone involved (fair to those who had the old books, for sale / trade, still very easily available to all, gives a fun "quest" for players to complete, a reason to party up, and a purpose to maps that barely anyone ever visit). Reason I'm pushing for this -now- rather than later, is because I don't think it takes much time to perform and also because if you wait too long, everyone's going to have these books complete anyway, thus limiting the benefit of even performing said modification.

People had to drop these pages back then, wasting crapload of loots on these oftentimes worthless items. Increasing the gold cost is only fair, so is spreading them (instead of hunting, you get 100% guarantee pages if you just go to the places. And I'm not suggesting to throw them in the abyss or at the end of a new dangerous dungeons either ^^)

I would also make the new books and pages untradable.

Richard_Edmund wrote:
Also the higher-level spell pages are more expensive than the lesser ones, meaning at the very first few levels, unless you've been exceptionally lucky with loot, are almost impossible to buy them all at once.

The book costs a total of 9004 if you buy all the pages. However, not all the pages are usable for your character. Dirge, for example, is only usable by bards and costs 1250.

Full efficiency book prices go as follows:

Ranger: total of 254 gold
Paladin: total of 1004 gold
Druid: total of 2254
Bard: total of 2504 gold
Cleric: total of 2754 gold
Sorcerer: total of 7004 gold
Wizard: total of 7004 gold

These do not take into consideration that the effect of some of these pages is worthless to begin with. I don't know if you created a new char recently, but 7k is very, very easy to obtain nowadays (you get 4-5k items you loot from rats now with the overhaul).

thetangerinetornado

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 04 2018, 17:18 PM 

Player

Like they are in a shop given server population these days. Agree they should be re-priced since they are embarrassingly cheap.

Suggestion: 1000gp per associated spell level.

Even that’s cheap given what mages earn but lowbies will have to work for them a bit.

Kamina

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 04 2018, 18:20 PM 

Player

I can look in to repricing them but as previously mentioned this is not a priority issue and we have other content we’re focusing on.

when met"

SoulInheritance

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 07 2018, 15:00 PM 

Player

There does not seem to be a Flame Weapon page in the shop, and the Book of Transmutation doesn't have it, either.

Kamina

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 07 2018, 16:59 PM 

Player

SoulInheritance wrote:
There does not seem to be a Flame Weapon page in the shop, and the Book of Transmutation doesn't have it, either.

A version reversion caused the update I put to disappear, I’ll remake the item and script when I’m free!

when met"

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 11 2018, 15:04 PM 

Player

Just need to drop the new module version for the flame weapon page to be readded.

Might be able to do that today.

Fel'Brin - I am one with the shadows

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 14 2018, 0:55 AM 

Player

This was updated in 5.19b.

Let me know if issues are occurring with the BoT shop currently

Fel'Brin - I am one with the shadows

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]