View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
Q't'ulu

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 07 2018, 10:25 AM 

Player

Because of (almost?) completely lack of wand makers, how about to allow to recharge wands in mythal forges?
If it worth of time of developers.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 07 2018, 13:54 PM 

Player

that'd make craft wand so much less worth taking as a feat...

Q't'ulu

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 07 2018, 16:22 PM 

Player

freaxxshow1338 wrote:
that'd make craft wand so much less worth taking as a feat...

Are you ready to spend feat on essentially useless thing? As a mage, I am not even look on it. I think, I have much better uses for feats. Imho, even spellfocus:divination much more useful.
// same with brewing, which (imho) is feat-of-one-spell

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 07 2018, 18:18 PM 

Player

Infinite money-making is not the worst option I'd say, especially considering wizards poop out free feats when they breathe and pretty much already need nothing to make them broken to begin with.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 08 2018, 15:11 PM 

Player

Craft Wand makes you incredible amounts of money if you're a pure Caster, friend.

That said, Brew potion is completely useless because you can literally buy every potion from NPCs

walnutboy

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 08 2018, 15:58 PM 

Player

A cleric with craft ward is a god among many. They are rare in my experience and as a ranger with no UMD I struggle without one!

Last edited by walnutboy on Mon, Jul 09 2018, 9:06 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Q't'ulu

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 09 2018, 7:06 AM 

Player

Mushidoz wrote:
Infinite money-making is not the worst option I'd say, especially considering wizards poop out free feats when they breathe and pretty much already need nothing to make them broken to begin with.

Money? You mention money? IG money, shown as GP? IG it is nearly useless thing, imho. Unless you are attached to this word and its unsigned long representation.

Q't'ulu

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 09 2018, 7:14 AM 

Player

walnutboy wrote:
A cleric with craft ward is a god among many I if. They are rare in my experience and as a ranger with no UMD I struggle without one!

Is ranger not a PC-class in itself...? In my experience, they are apt to soloing very well (esp. in Amia). Anyway, you may team-up with cleric. ;)

Angelis96

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 09 2018, 9:39 AM 

Player

I honestly think rechargeable wands is a terrible idea.

Not only does it cut off a recurring source of revenue for a decent amount of characters but nixed what little RP is left surrounding the crafting system in and of itself.

Brew potion is utterly useless as a feat because as Perega stated, every potion worth anything is already buyable from NPCs which I am ngl short of stat based potions I think should be nixed to give that feat a purpose again.

Craft scrolls is only useful to Rogues and Palemasters and even then variations of almost any spell can be bought by NPCs so there is even more RP cut out because of easy access

Wands are literally the only craftable item caster-based short of enchanting gear for people that is actually recurring both for income and for Roleplay, and making it to where Wands are rechargeable utterly cuts that entirely.

Melee characters -should- have to be reliant on Arcane and Divine characters for Arcane and Divine related things.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 09 2018, 9:42 AM 

Player

Brew potion is not useless. CL 10 haste potions are so great. So are truestrike potions.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Angelis96

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 09 2018, 9:46 AM 

Player

bobofwestoregonusa wrote:
Brew potion is not useless. CL 10 haste potions are so great. So are truestrike potions.

CL 10 haste potions are not that useful considering there are items that give the same effect w/ UMD and aside from initial expenditures cost absolutely no funds to use repeatedly.

As far as true strike potions those are only useful in PvP and let's be real PvP activity in an RP related setting is next to nill.

Sure the potions have a purpose but as far as the potential Brew potion should have? Based on how things are currently setup? it is indeed next to useless.

Addition: Though I digress as that has nothing to do with this topic.

Q't'ulu

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 09 2018, 10:53 AM 

Player

I presume, the Problem is in high magic setting of Amia. afaiu, craft feats only really useful in low-magic PW. But, afair, devs are resisting any suggestions to lower shopped-magic IG.
btw, I would like to see those 3 feats merged. Or given to casters for a free at appropriate level. Anyway, this is second-rated support feats, not very useful for casters per se (imho).

Angelis96

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 09 2018, 11:00 AM 

Player

Sadly the feats cannot be combined as they are an intrinsic part of the source code for the game. Most of the hard-coded stuff you cannot and really should not mess with.

The feats as far as casters are designed is purely for support related reasons on a mechanical level as well as potentially extra casts of certain things on a personal level.

They have their uses but as far as other feats go, especially with the lack of purpose they have in Amia, you are far better just using feats for other things on a mechanical level.

Personally I'd -love- to see a lot of the scrolls and potions removed from NPCs so that it brings life to the feats and actually gives them a purpose.

Though with the lower population server because of the age of the game that is really an unrealistic expectation at this point.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]