View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ] 
Kiyona

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 14:25 PM 

Player

To make it easier for all the shady and morally questionable characters to have a place to hang out that isn't aimed towards Undead and necromancy it would be cool if there were an entrance to Demonreach from the Travel Agency are and a leyline there as well.

Personally I'd love to hang out there more but the chans that someone randomly walks by is so slim that I hesitate to stick around there. An entrance area portal and a Leyline might solve some of that I hope.

// Kiyona

Revak

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 14:36 PM 

Player

That'd be great, actually. :D

Angelis96

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 18:29 PM 

Player

Yes I honestly love the concept of an area in Demonreach for evil aligned players to hang out. Basically an open invitation for congregation if the Dale isn't the right place for you. ^^

As well as the fact that Kiy, myself, Tamarra and Gelmar are looking to putting a foothold in Demonreach on the concept of a group that hordes knowledge. Basically an evil aligned lorekeepers.

Our plan was to set up a foothold in Demonreach which would be nice if there was an activity of evil aligned players as well.

And since the concept of the allocation of hidden secrets is a universal idealogy between evil characters it will allow for the collection of a vast amount of evil aligned toons from varying backgrounds and prospectively bridge the gap that rids us of the isolation of evil aligned toons into their own little corners

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 19:51 PM 

Player

I personally don't think it should have a travel agency port. Partially because there's more important places that don't have ports, and partially because there isn't really an optically plwasing place to put a flag.

However, I do think it should have a leyline, since that makes getting there easier. Going to Kampo's or Cordor is both kind of dumb, if you don't want to go through half a dozen transitions. It would also mean that if your PC is dedicated enough, you could set it as a home point, and go there from the travel agency.

Kiyona

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 21:03 PM 

Player

robbi320 wrote:
I personally don't think it should have a travel agency port. Partially because there's more important places that don't have ports, and partially because there isn't really an optically plwasing place to put a flag.

The point with a travel agency port to it is to finally give people that play evil or shady characters a place they can go into the game in and not have to either bind there or go through a mass of transitions to get to. This has been brought up a lot over the years that evil has been set aside and not given a base. Now we finally have an area that fills that void so why not make it as easily accessible as possible?

For a place to show up from the entrance port I sugestion either do it as in all other areas and place it by a boat. Or my suggestion would be inside the in as that's were you can rent a room so makes sence to start your day of in the busty sea nymph.

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 21:09 PM 

Player

Well, from the entry, getting to Demonreach is pretty easy through Kampo's.

With optical beauty I meant in the agency itself. Which flag port would you want to replace? Or just add another flag, and then more for Ostland, Forstakkr and Caraigh? Guldorand, the foggy wetlands, Bloodmoon pass and Ultrinan?

Kiyona

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 21:25 PM 

Player

robbi320 wrote:
Well, from the entry, getting to Demonreach is pretty easy through Kampo's.

With optical beauty I meant in the agency itself. Which flag port would you want to replace? Or just add another flag, and then more for Ostland, Forstakkr and Caraigh? Guldorand, the foggy wetlands, Bloodmoon pass and Ultrinan?

Shouldn't be to hard to work in another flag. And I do not see what those areas have to do with this at all. It has been brought up a lot of times in the past by different people that there should be an evil settlement on amia. It's bin turned down and argued against over and over with arguments about how the kohl navy would put up blockades or how no other settlement on amia would trade with them so it would be impossible to support. But here we have a rather smal settlement on a remote island run by pirates and it supports it self . To me it is by far the best lokation on the server to try and make a "Bendir Dale" for evil. A place where players who feel there characters doesn't fit in Bendir can go and casually hang out and do whatever evil do on there spare time.

Angelis96

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13 2018, 21:31 PM 

Player

I honestly agree with Kiy. The whole point of adding a flag for a place like that is easy access for evil toons. So that evil toons have an easy accessible place to congregate that is designed for them. The rest of those areas you suggest have absolutely nothing to do with the concept at all.

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14 2018, 8:16 AM 

Player

Well, I've always seen the travel agency as a "port to the most important locations" thing. However, as of now, without wanting to put down anything you people have done, it isn't really anything. The area I suggested have just about as much potential, and even history as just that, (I forgot Thraan'dariv, actually) to be an 'evil-town'. So, my suggestion would be to make a travel agency flag only when it's managed to establish as a place where people meet.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14 2018, 8:35 AM 

Player

Personally I think it'd be a good idea to make the room much larger and include every settlement on A and B. New PCs will always start in Cordor or Wiltun, since they don't go through the portal room after using the login entry portal.

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Revak

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14 2018, 8:36 AM 

Player

Ostland does have a transition flag in the travel agency although it's mainly for Ruathym focused people/WKs, that and the faction who are based in Ostland can already set their home point as Rethgaard anyway. Although I don't play evil characters i'm in agreement with Kiy and MoTo to be fair, Demonreach should have a travel flag in the entry to act as an advertisement and bring more attention to the island, hopefully over time taking it's place as a go-to hub for evil characters, especially since as MoTo mentioned that they're going to be focusing efforts there.

Regarding the travel flags, there's a space on the AmiaB side for an additional flag if I recall but not sure if that's bookmarked for anything. As for the suggested areas courtesy of Robbi, the first four areas you described have established settlements in them already or are under the influence of an existing faction. The latter three (bar Ultrinaan, because i've never actually seen the place myself) are wilderness areas. Demonreach already has an established town and available faction areas in the forest there and is a resource waiting to be used, and we have players wanting to use that resource.

Lutra

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14 2018, 8:56 AM 

Player

There is no ley node there either? Fair enough. Something that we should add to the list.

Kiyona

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14 2018, 9:02 AM 

Player

Lutra wrote:
There is no ley node there either? Fair enough. Something that we should add to the list.

That would help a lot!

Angelis96

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14 2018, 9:39 AM 

Player

That would indeed help out tremendously. Would basically help to promote a location for evil toons to congregate quite a bit with a tad of prodding from people such as myself and others publicly.

Kamina

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14 2018, 9:49 AM 

Player

Yeah nothing to oppose here, a Leyline at least and if it becomes an active hub maybe we can see about a flag in the travel agency. Maybe it’s worth looking in to directing PCs there for those not sure how to get there

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Angelis96

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14 2018, 19:38 PM 

Player

robbi320 wrote:
Well, I've always seen the travel agency as a "port to the most important locations" thing. However, as of now, without wanting to put down anything you people have done, it isn't really anything. The area I suggested have just about as much potential, and even history as just that, (I forgot Thraan'dariv, actually) to be an 'evil-town'. So, my suggestion would be to make a travel agency flag only when it's managed to establish as a place where people meet.

I would just like to add the notion that your logic is flawed.

Because every single one of the flags you have mentioned are only actively used by a handful of people in certain factions and those factions are for the most part dead. So I am not so sure what criteria you are deeming them important.

A flag for demonreach would not only be a place for potential faction but an active hub for the collective coommunity for evil aligned players. So -that- as a purpose IS important.

As well as I would like to point out that Thran'daariv died out due to OOC drama it had absolutely nothing to do with the concept or any of the members that were actually devoted. I was one of them.

Though I agree there is no reason to rush into throwing up the flag. Only because it is wasted effort if the community refuses to use it. And there is no reason to put the dev-team through the work without a show that community wants to use it.

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14 2018, 19:38 PM 

Player

Alright, I derped with the Ostland thing. My point still mostly stands. The first three almost should even more have a reason to have a flag, since they already have rp attached to it, and it's about as active as Demonreach, currently. The next ones all have the same resource attached to it. At least the last three all have the same faction system.

Basically, I'm trying to say what Kamina said, with a far worse way of sayig it.

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14 2018, 19:48 PM 

Player

MoTo wrote:
Though I agree there is no reason to rush into throwing up the flag. Only because it is wasted effort if the community refuses to use it. And there is no reason to put the dev-team through the work without a show that community wants to use it.

The last sentence is exactly what I mean. I see that there's potential. There's been potential factions for a few years now. Quite a few died down, and I don't think every single one (and I was in a few, and I still think this) should have gotten as much dev work, until they're a bit more established.

The difference, in my mind, is that the current flags are there. Also, they at least used to hubs. However I'm basically arguing the "it has potential" problem. And I know the logic is flawed. But it's the same logic as you'd use to give Demonreach a flag now.
That is, though, I seem to have misunderstood the intent of the thread. I had assumed both changes were for a "now" solution, that you wanted both now.

Angelis96

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14 2018, 19:58 PM 

Player

robbi320 wrote:
MoTo wrote:

The last sentence is exactly what I mean. I see that there's potential. There's been potential factions for a few years now. Quite a few died down, and I don't think every single one (and I was in a few, and I still think this) should have gotten as much dev work, until they're a bit more established.

The difference, in my mind, is that the current flags are there. Also, they at least used to hubs. However I'm basically arguing the "it has potential" problem. And I know the logic is flawed. But it's the same logic as you'd use to give Demonreach a flag now.
That is, though, I seem to have misunderstood the intent of the thread. I had assumed both changes were for a "now" solution, that you wanted both now.

Not in the slightest. The purpose of the thread was simply to propose the idea. Not by any means in which that idea would be implemented within the parameters of a certain timeframe.

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14 2018, 20:11 PM 

Player

Apologies, then. It seems we agree. :D

Kamina

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 02 2018, 2:06 AM 

Player

I've just put this through a live update, there is a new Leyline at the Busty Sea Nymph.

If we see a lot more activity we may also see about installing a spawn flag at the travel agency.

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 03 2018, 1:34 AM 

Player

Have you considered just putting a boatmzman to it on Tarkuul's fully functional dry dock?

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]