View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
sword dream

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 01 2017, 12:15 PM 

Player

id like to propose this ritual, stated in the races of the dragon 3.5. There is also a greater version of this ritual.

Draconic Rite of Passage
The Draconic Rite of Passage awakens the sorcerous power within the blood of kobolds.

Prerequisites: Only kobolds can undergo the Draconic Rite of Passage. A kobold requires no one else to perform the rite; it is a solitary activity.

Benefit: Upon completing this rite, a kobold chooses any 1st-level sorcerer spell. He can now use that spell once per day as a spell-like ability, using his character level as his caster level. Each day, a kobold must complete the Searching for the Dragon meditation (see above) in order to recharge this spell-like ability for the day. No kobold can benefit from this rite more than once.

Time: A kobold who undergoes this rite must first endure nine days of fasting. Immediately thereafter, the kobold must succeed on a DC 10 Concentration check to enter a deep trance that lasts for 24 hours. If the check fails, the rite must begin anew.

Cost: This rite requires sacrificing a gem of at least 100 gp in value. The kobold also permanently loses 1 hit point upon completion of the rite.

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 01 2017, 12:33 PM 

Player

I'm not sure what you mean by 'rpoposing', but you probably could just RP having done the ritual, and you probably could request a spell-like abilitiy on your character, to be honest. There's probably some limitations, but I don't think any first level spells are too strong on any other character. -Maybe- Mage Armor would be deemed a bit strong, because 1 AC more or less can make a pretty nice difference, but I don't know. I don't think 1/day of any other spell would be too strong, even at a high CL. But I don'T know the limitations of what is possible.

But yeah, in general, I don't really understand what you're asking for. You could make a request for your character, with some screenies of RPing the ritual, and see if the DMs grant you the spell.
If you're asking for it being a scripted, for free thing, I doubt it will happen. Monster races tend to have less support, and any buffs to them (even just something like this) wouldn't really be worth any effort put in, since only a very small minority plays them.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 01 2017, 13:12 PM 

Player

An item with a spell 1xday does not require scripting.

This is nothing to "improve Amia" though tbh, even though a nice concept, this is more something personal any kobold can try to persue IG (or not) and then make a request.

Improving Amia is meant for things for he whole server, a whole race, etc.

This is more a personal quest as it is an optional thing a kobold can do, but is not required to.

Alas, perfectly within reason (power wise) if it is only 1xday and only lvl 1. The only one I might see an issue with as a free lvl 1 spell is True Strike.

sword dream

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 02 2017, 16:35 PM 

Player

i didnt know i could do that.

i dont mind it at all just to have it become a possibility, like something you can persue. so i guess ill start up a quest, im learning about this stuff still, and see how it goes from that. Hopefully a DM will pick this up. Sry for putting this in the wrong place.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 02 2017, 17:36 PM 

Player

No worries.

But yup, very doable as a DC request!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]