View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 09 2017, 17:27 PM 

Tester

There are some Job System merchants that do not have the option to sell you their type of goods. According to the stocks page, they're still keeping track of the items that are sold to them, but they won't allow you to purchase any. For example, I can sell some apples to the Ingredients Merchant, and it will go into the stocks. I can then talk to him or another one and buy apples as well. In contrast, you sell anything to the Book, Gadget, or Weapon/Armorsmith merchants, it goes into their stocks, but you don't have the option to buy goods from them.

I'm hoping all it is is that they need their dialogue updated.

Jes

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 09 2017, 17:32 PM 

DM

I think it was intentional that you can only buy items that can be made into other things through the system itself, but not anything that's at the end of the crafting line.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 18 2017, 5:32 AM 

Tester

On one level that makes sense, or at least made sense at the outset of the Job System. But years into it, and with a smaller base, it feels like it may be doing more harm than good. There are just some things you'll never, ever see now because there are no people to make them or reliably make the ingredients along the way. If you could buy finished products, that is at least an avenue for players to go "Oh, so that's what this thing does, cool, I guess I'll take this job."

Talking about it ingame did remind me of a suggestion made years ago, however. Give PCs more job points at creation. That would allow for 1) more PCs to have more jobs and shore up the missing places along production and 2) lower the character level needed to be a master. It was brought up before that it makes little sense to have to be a level 15 character to be a master level baker/cook/fisherman/etc. That suggestion might need its own topic, I guess.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]