View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
TormakSaber
 
PostPosted: Fri, Jan 01 2016, 5:33 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere

Kohlingen's guards are, overnight, sent into a flurry of business, as a result of a murder that occurred within the walls of the Holy City last night. At least, the death is being called a murder.

Eyewitnesses in Mayfield's say they saw the victim, a young woman named Elanor, eating and drinking her meal in Mayfields. Shortly after she stood up and started walking towards the door, she collapsed onto the ground, and immediately began vomiting uncontrollably, her flesh turning a sickly and pallid grey. An offduty priest says he saw ash grey-black lines running through her flesh, and that he was unable to stop what he considered the work of poison before it was done and her death imminent. She passed violently, painfully, and inexorably.

The remains were cleansed and given to the family Duchoval for burial, who are stricken with grief at the sudden loss of their only daughter, who they say meant the world to them. Statements from the family say "She was only nineteen", "Everyone loved her", and "she was set to start schooling in the Seven Stars Academy next year!".

The guards currently have no suspects. The death occurred during dinnertime, the busiest time of the night at Mayfield's. There are no reported oddities that night from the bartender or any guests aside from the tragedy.

the churhc of the Triad offers their sincerest sympathies for the Duchoval family at this time.

_________________
Davion Telemos - Monk of the Four Winds
Korthan Isharnos - Dragon Shaman of Thunder Spirit Zamasham


 
      
Grymia
 
PostPosted: Fri, Jan 01 2016, 6:34 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Location: Kohlingen, and a Basement in Canada

*Tuomas would personally endeavor to offer his condolences to the family , and offer his assistance if any was required*


 
      
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Fri, Jan 01 2016, 7:29 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

A red-headed squire takes up post by the Mayfield's back entrance, every now and again rotating towards the front and looping over.

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Fri, Jan 01 2016, 11:23 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

A certain lord can be seen talking with Bill and with two of the high priests then leaves them with new instructions. After that he begins making his rounds.

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Elorathall
 
PostPosted: Fri, Jan 01 2016, 18:33 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 13 Mar 2011

Another lordling hurries over to the Mayfield's when he hears about the event. He asks Bill what she had eaten that night, and then starts meticulously examining the stocks of relevant food and drink to see if he can find anything amiss.

_________________
Aernoud Van Brabant: Heir of the House. Proprietor of the Beer Wagon.
"Go to the Mayfields, have a pint, and wait for this to blow over."

Aurelius: Sunmaster of Amaunator. Contemplative. Aspirant to Transcendance.
"Sol Invictus"


 
      
Elyon
 
PostPosted: Sat, Jan 02 2016, 0:17 AM 



DM

Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Location: UK

Meanwhile in Bendir, The Mayoress Rosary would have a chat with Cindle and ask if she could look through the citizenship papers. Specifically looking for any information about a 'Smitty Lightfoot'.

_________________
Rosary Doodlekins - Hin Candy WitchImage


 
      
TormakSaber
 
PostPosted: Sat, Jan 02 2016, 2:50 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere

Bill's not sure what she ate that night. It was a very busy night, and he tends the bar.

Nothing amiss is found in the stocks of food and drink.

_________________
Davion Telemos - Monk of the Four Winds
Korthan Isharnos - Dragon Shaman of Thunder Spirit Zamasham


 
      
TormakSaber
 
PostPosted: Sat, Jan 02 2016, 6:47 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere

Only a single night later, tragedy strikes once again, as murder becomes the words on the lips of folks in the Northern Greengarden District.

A Mulhorandi man, Dubin et-Homun, was murdered by what magical eyewitness has called a "dun-robed man, obviously a shadowdancer." Cause of death was described as a stab wound to the upper back left shoulder, and a slit throat, and then a magical escape shortly thereafter, when the body was found roughly a half hour later. Interviews with the living kin, the man's wife, a woman named Murana, were inconclusive in terms of evidence. Foul play is confirmed.

The body was given over to the elders of the Mulhorandi Refugees in order for them to perform the necessary burial rites per their culture. The elders had very little to comment on the situation, save that it was not being blamed on local tensions, but on foreign influence.

Kohlingen guards continue to have no suspects on the current or previous murders. The death occured during dinner time, in the fields being tended. No murder weapons nor trails of the killer were found.

The church of the Triad offers their sincerest sympathies for the et-Homun family, and all of the Mulhorandi, at this time.

_________________
Davion Telemos - Monk of the Four Winds
Korthan Isharnos - Dragon Shaman of Thunder Spirit Zamasham


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Sat, Jan 02 2016, 8:09 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

One of the clueless guardians of Kohlingen begins to make rounds again, speaking with the Mulan elders and giving new instruction to the guards.

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Nivo
 
PostPosted: Sat, Jan 02 2016, 13:32 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Location: East of Elsewhere, West of Sometime

For a mustached magician recently returned from some trip or another, it started with a quiet stroll through the city with intent to visit an old student. All of that changed with the shrill scream of a poor woman, discovering the body of her slain husband. It seems yet another high and mighty Kohlingener noble is now involved in this matter.

The magician returns to his estate later that evening, after a time spent at the duchal manor. With the morning comes both official condolences from House Valis to the widow et-Homun - by way of flowers and a tasteful and simple note written in Mulhorandi.

"While words can not adequately assuage your pain,
know that Kohlingen shares your grief and your outrage.

It is easy to feel alone in times such as these.
Know that you are not.

The deepest condolences of my house,
to you and yours.

May Ma'at give Justice, and Ilmater peace.

`Lord Valis"


The morning also finds the noble magician visiting Dragonstone Keep for the first time in months. Lastly, subtle inquiry is made by the noble house regarding what economic hardship the et-Homun family now faces with the death of Dubin.

_________________
Playing:
Marcus Valis
Norendir


 
      
Rigela
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jan 03 2016, 1:54 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Location: Grimy Old England

While security had already been tighter than usual in the recent ten days in Kohlingen, the murders would amp this up even more. Guards could be seen patrolling more regularly and stationed outside of places of gathering to 'keep an eye on things'. Elsewhere, in the western districts of the city, guards could be seen patrolling and keeping watch in greater numbers than the usual lax ones of before - seeming intent on doing their best to catch sight of anyone suspicious. How effective this would prove to be, was yet to be determined, but a number of innocent and 'shady' people were flagged down on occasion before ultimately being released with profuse apologies from the guard.

Later that night, a familiar and mournful song could be heard through the city emanating from the fey lake in the wake of the murders.

_________________
Image
Signature by Maryn! <3 I am also seen as DM Snuffles.


 
      
CrazyCatLady
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jan 03 2016, 2:38 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 19 Nov 2014

The former priestess Arizima can be seen speaking with her fellow Mulhorandi, attempting to comfort those grieving. She spends a good deal of time simply meeting those who are willing to speak with her, though it would be noticed she tends to sit frequently, and often keeps one hand over her stomach protectively.

_________________
Image


 
      
sera
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jan 03 2016, 4:02 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Sep 2015

The Beautiful Elven woman, Nyssa, could be seen passing through the area carefully, as if searching for any clues possibly missed by investigators, she is also keen to notice anyone who looks out of place or otherwise... thuggish.

_________________
Sera'lys, just a girl who likes to wear black.


 
      
The1Kobra
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jan 03 2016, 4:51 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 12 Oct 2009

At night, Kurchin is busy prowling the city, aiding the guard in search of the suspect and he keeps alert for any activity. However, as he does so, he's quiet, stalking from the shadows himself, though he cooperates fully with any guards he comes across. He also tends to spend some time watching and listening from the top of the shrine of Bahamut, the kobold watching over the city like a guardian dragon might.

_________________
I play:
Image


 
      
Estara
 
PostPosted: Mon, Jan 04 2016, 2:32 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 24 Feb 2007

Nivo wrote:
For a mustached magician recently returned from some trip or another, it started with a quiet stroll through the city with intent to visit an old student. All of that changed with the shrill scream of a poor woman, discovering the body of her slain husband. It seems yet another high and mighty Kohlingener noble is now involved in this matter.

And not only Kohlingeners, for that matter. Word was that the magician did not find the body alone, but was one of two on the scene.

Rigela wrote:
Later that night, a familiar and mournful song could be heard through the city emanating from the fey lake in the wake of the murders.


As for the feylake, it seems a certain visitor joined in with the mournful sounds upon an instrument that blended well. Murmurs may be heard throughout the district of that bard who always seemed drawn to these shores. He came back to play again the following day with an additional hummed melody on top, as if to honor not only those murdered, but also the songstress herself for singing for the mortals at all..

_________________
'Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein


 
      
LibrisMortis_666
 
PostPosted: Mon, Jan 04 2016, 2:47 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Location: Georgia, United States.

Somewhere off in the distance of Kohlingen, to be exact the Tristram's Path, a Necromancer is in a burst of laughter. His face of enjoyment is priceless considering his face is decaying at a advanced rate. However, he has taken it along the liberty to ward himself with Improved Invisibility. Standing at the end of the road in Tristram's Path, facing North towards Kohlingen. His hand is firmly coiled around his staff incase intrudes do see him. Standing for a firm few hours in laughter as he ponders, the Necromancer eventually departs to the Quagmire.



Image

_________________
This is our DMsImage


Auri: Champion of Bahamut


 
      
Aerneth
 
PostPosted: Tue, Jan 05 2016, 1:23 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 28 Sep 2013
Location: Wisconsin, USA

Meriptah, after hearing the news, travels to Kohlingen to help prepare the body of the Mulhorandi man and help his soul on its journey to the afterlife.

_________________
Image


 
      
Rigela
 
PostPosted: Tue, Jan 05 2016, 17:54 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Location: Grimy Old England

Rumours seemed to be rife in the city of Kohlingen as anew day dawned upon the city. The story on everyone's lips was the capture of the infamous Truth, who was now said to be held within the jail of the Holy City - given in an exchange of peace with the City of Coin. What this trade was, was uncertain and not wildly told but the locals were content to come up with their own wild theories of what it was. How true their theories may be, was uncertain at best and with news filtrating slowly from Cordor the tale changed from person to person.

Locals and guards alike seemed to be joyous with the news, many drinking in celebration and many yet looking forward to seeing the man 'face his justice' and finally see who the villainous Truth truly was. The tightened security did not lapse just yet though. Clearly their was still some fear within the city that their innocents may be struck down yet again.

_________________
Image
Signature by Maryn! <3 I am also seen as DM Snuffles.


 
      
LibrisMortis_666
 
PostPosted: Sun, Feb 14 2016, 20:53 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Location: Georgia, United States.

[Removed].

_________________
This is our DMsImage


Auri: Champion of Bahamut


 
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group