View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
TormakSaber

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 17 2015, 7:21 AM 

Player

Fliers are distributed, and couriers shout the message, all throughout Cordor. The message quickly make sits way around the Amian island, to and through those who care to hear and talk about it.

Town Crier"Cordor to hold elections for Ministers, and Governors! All seats up for election! Vote for your new Ministers, and help Cordor stay great! Nominations can be taken and registered at the Cordor City Hall!"

The elections for the new Council of Cordor's Republic will be happening in only a few short weeks, and those who care to run should make their declarations known within the tenday, registering within Cordor City Hall, so that a proper ballot can be formed and disseminated. Persons can be nominated, but without registration, the nominations are not official, and voting for them will effectively not count. Voting will occur over a period of roughly two tendays, following the nomination time period.

The positions up for election are as follows:

The Minister of Health and Public Wellness
The Minister of Labor
The Minister of Finance
The Minister of Law

Governor of East Cordor
Governor of West Cordor
Governor of South Cordor
Governor of North Cordor

~~~

((Both PCs and NPCs may nominate and register to run for office. Nominations and registrations will take place roughly for the rest of this week, with elections and voting occuring for the period of about 2 weeks afterward, giving everyone ample time to vote, and ample time, hopefully, to do election RP, sway hearts and minds, talks to PCs and NPCs, and the like. Feel free to make posts here or in private, as long as there's a way for the DMs to create a solid ballot and understand who, if any, of your PCs are running. Thanks, and have fun!))

Rorg's many talons

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 17 2015, 8:12 AM 

Player

While the news was still radiating out from the City of Water, Malin was stepping into its Hall to register herself for the elections. It seems she had been waiting attentively for just this moment.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 17 2015, 13:02 PM 

Player

Matthew Nominates the following:

Lawknight Alice Dearing for Ministry of Law,
Lawknight Lawson for Ministry of Labor,
Tristana for Ministry of Finance.

Griff for Governor of East Cordor
Hill for Governor of West Cordor
Philipi for Governor of South Cordor
Yasha for Governor of North Cordor

And registers for Minister of Health and Public Wellness

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

Dunecat

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 17 2015, 18:39 PM 

Player

Less than a day after announcement of ministerial elections - a single crimson scarf was raised like a banner in the central Cordor. Maroon of the long since dried blood stained otherwise immaculate colour, of which both were preserved and ensorcelled against elements.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 17 2015, 20:52 PM 

Player

A decadently dressed Tristana makes her way down to the City Hall of Cordor, in all her resplendent finery. Her leaving is noticed by several passersby of the Republic of Cordor, since her dress is much finer than usual, and her actively going to Ciy Hall is a rare occasion, since she has traditionally preferred to work through Eli Hodgewall and the Finance Ministry directly, through the Craft Hall or Guldorand, or works at the Temple upstairs in the Trade Hall. She emerges about an hour later to a small crowd that has gathered outside, a grand smile on her features. She kneels down at the steps of the City Hall building, and places a single gold coin onto the ground, heads up, before turning to the amassed group of people.

"Beloved Cordor,

That I have chosen to run for the Ministery of Finance should come as no grand surprise to any of you. That I have chosen to do so now, when the City needs it the most, should come as even less of a surprise. I intend to run for the Ministry of Finance, and in doing so, revitalize that which made Cordor not the City of Tolerance... not the City of Water... but Waukeen's City of Coin. Even now, after the Arcanum Apocalyptica ravaged our lands, adventurers and tradesmen come to these worn and tattered docks, and spend their hard earned coins here. Even today, though much diminished from its previous works, the Amian Crafter's and Trader's Federation continues to maintain an office and a warehouse in our Crafthall.

There is a calling here, to make Cordor the splendid city it used to be, with a seascape the envy of every city on the island, every city in the region. The money made from adventurers should be used to pay off any outstanding debts Cordor may have, and from there, should be put into a tidy nest egg, and used on Cordor Herself. Look at Central Cordor: A dead strip of land, ignored by everyone, except the destitute and the infirm, and those driven to desperate measures. It used to be home to wonderful Theatre! It used to be home to a hub of business! There is no reason it could not be so again.

I will also endeavor to open up financial relations with West Cordor. Now, now, I know how you're thinking..."
And the crowd does immediately react with dour faces, sour expressions... "But there is no good financial sense in our districts operating as essentially independant enterprises, competing in the same, tiny, narrow market. That money and wealth should flow freely between all areas of the city. West can and should proft from the sales here at the Trade Halls, the work at the docks, the travellers at the inns in North... just as South, East, and North should profit from the sales of farmland, the fishing, and the entertainment districts only found in West Cordor! These tiny "businesses" so to speak, should be forming one group. The Ministry is effectively a board of directors, to use the Merchant Queen's parlance, and I intend to seat myself amongst them, and bring Cordor back to what it should have been all along, and has not been for some years now."

Tristana excuses herself from the group, which has a mixed reaction - mostly positive, but due to her talks about West Cordor and cooperation, doesn't seem to have been quite as winning as perhaps she'd have hoped. Although perhaps that had more to do with the choice of venue, than true populace decision? Only time would tell.

~~~

((I have edited the original post with some clarifications about the process.))

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 17 2015, 21:39 PM 

Player

As usual Matthew make his Patrol rounds starting in the eastern district and working his way out to North, from north he ventures out in to the Festival ground and further yet to the bay. He remains pleasant to any who seek to stop him or ask him a question or two. His uniform is neatly pressed and he wears his own badge uppon his chest along with another at his hip clipped to a belt. Soon he returns to the Eastern district and makes his way towards the south... He stops by the jail house briefly to offer inspections of the facility and offers a check on up on one rather young in mate in particular. Once he's finished his rounds he slips in to the guard house for a time before re emerging in but simple clothes. A fresh white shirt and dark pants He seems not to be wearing much finery at all side form a decorative wedding band and a golden necklace with a circular disc bearing the symbol of Lathander as per usual. He makes his way towards the central district and takes his time in his somber stride pausing briefly to offer a small box of scones to an individual whom loiters in the alleys. He then eventually makes his way in to the Western District keeping a watchful attentive gaze remaining as pleasant as ever to any who try to speak with him. He reaches a particular destination near the center of the district and steps in to the fledgling temple devoted to Illmater. He offers his peace at the door before heading up stairs as per usual. He greets those he's familiar with working, or caring for and takes little time as he gets cleaned up and prepared to offer his assistance. Through out his time here he offers positive remarks and tries to bring some cheer to the atmosphere. When all is said and done he ventures off to his next typical routine to spend a little coin on some fresh cut flowers. The prismatic feathered being sets foot in one of the most risque of places but this is nothing out of the ordinary. He offers a pleasant greeting to those that know him and he speaks quietly with some of the laddies in the Gentleman's club offering them each their favorite flowers. He leaves a basket of treats with the bar keep for any of the lady's children to enjoy. He speaks modestly with them over simple pleasantries before departing. He heads to the western arena looking for a particular man typically found in green. His evening coming to an end with his simple quest to find Lawson.

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 18 2015, 6:06 AM 

Player

Several more figures head to the Codorian City Hall as Tristana approaches to make her speech, disappearing inside of the establishment before returning once more when their time to speak arises. Among these figures are the familiar and current Minister of Law, Law Knight Hector Godric, and the well-spoken heir of the duchy, Lanie d'Cordor. The Law Knight is next in line to address the people, taking tentative measure to make sure Tristana addresses any and all questions before he begins his own piece.

When all was done, he stepped up and held his chin high, addressing the crowd with a commanding baritone.

~~~

"...My people of Cordor,

Those I have been serving for nearly my entire life, as both a Law Knight, and as a Minister to our republic. It has honored me dearly to attend to you all for this lengthy term among the Cordorian government. In this span of time, we have successfully indoctrinated a constitution branded for and from the people, rebuilt our city to a vision more prestine than it has ever been before, and did away with the last living thread of the days of the Arcanum War through the death of J. Edgar Mover.

In short ... it has been quite the run. I stepped in to take this position when the city needed me most, dutifully and without a moment's doubt. However, such no longer is the case. We have fostered the growth of this city together, so much so that there is no more need for emergency or haste. I am no longer needed as a leading face in this city, and can return to my duties as a simple Law Knight. That being said, I come here today to decree that I will not be running again for the position of Ministry of Law, or any standing role within the government.

I will be stepping down in favor for my second in command, Law Knight Alice Dearing, who has been leading the city's guard and special tasks unit for several months since I called upon her personal aid. She is a fresh face, a leader to boot, and never disappoints. I am sure with all of the honor that I stand for that my fellow Law Knight in rank will fill in the shoes set before her with ease, and likely even surpass me in the process. Please take this time to consider her when you vote in for your nominations, and if you have any questions, you may find her at any time by requesting her presence at the City Hall.

Live long and prosper, Cordor. We will be there every step of the way.
"

~~~

The small crowd rouses with a more over-all positive attitude towards the Law Knight at the cusp of his speech, having been familiar with his service to the city for so many years. However, when they hear he is stepping down, some of them look a collective shade of disappointed and others share a simple air of remorse over his decision. With the promise that his peer may do similar work for the city in the future, however, they all seem to be a little more hopeful by the end.

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 18 2015, 7:16 AM 

Player

Next to rise for her word is heir Lanie d'Cordor; a young woman hardly escaping her teen years, though her eyes are as heavy with the weight of her forefathers as much as they are kind, bright, and pure. Despite her age, she clearly carries a hefty air of knowledge, grace, and compassion for the citizens of Cordor.

Those who recognize her as an heir to the duchy have mixed reactions among the crowd; to some, she is a symbol of an era of Cordor that has long passed, and thankfully so. Where nobility was held to a seemingly higher degree than the people themselves. With some of the more progressive pro-republic citizens, they are immediately displeased by her presence. Among others, there seems to be a growing degree of hope that the glorious age Cordor once enjoyed under the Duke Montgomery would return with his heir stepping up to the plate.

At the very least, the denizens whom find themselves skeptical are more inclined to listen; after all, the young d'Cordor arrived at the City Hall itself to face the very people who might denounce her as they did her father, when she could have settled to make her speech where more of the populace might easily accept her.

Quietly she descends the steps and folds her hands before her, kind eyes settling upon the small crowd.

"It is a bright day, today, in Cordor's city square.

Before me I see the place that I had come to call home for many years. For it was here that I was born and raised, where I took my first steps, where I spoke my first words. Where my father reigned before me, as Duke Montgomery..."

The crowd is much more quiet through this round of speeches; they seem to be intent on watching this young woman's every move, lapping up her words as she spoke them. Some of the crowd looks to be rousing with hope and intrigue, while others look about ready to pounce at any folly slipping from her lips.

"...yes. I am the heir to the Duke, to the fallen duchy that once was. I am a woman born and bred of nobility. To rule this city was once my birth right. Some say that it still is. But I am not my father, and he is not me. I have come to lend my hand to the people that, for so long, have felt belittled and mistreated by my forefathers who have preceded me. I cannot simply ask that you forgive and forget the image you must hold of us. But I -can- show you that things are very different, now.

This is a new age for the City of Water, to be sure. With my presence here, we are not turning back time to the reigns under the duchy. We, together, are reaching ahead for a better future. To you, my beloved people, I will prove that I am capable of helping this city prosper with your needs at the forefront of my thoughts. I was...born to help this city grow, to nurture it, and thus its people. To guide, with you, our children into a time in which education, health, and prosperity will rise above the challenges this isle is constantly at arms with.

Together, we can continue to rise from the ashes of war, bloodshed, heartache, and disparity. With you I rise, hand-in-hand, to face the terrors that have ravaged our home time and time again. With you I lead generations to come into the future with a well-rounded education, healthy in mind and spirit. With you, my people, we will charge forth without fear or worry.

It has been my duty to you, since the very day that I was born, to govern you with brighter days. I will be running for the position as Minister of Public Health and Welfare, to take this opportunity as it finally presents itself. I simply ask of you one thing before you leave here, today: please, allow me the chance to prove you wrong."

Uno

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 18 2015, 13:10 PM 

Player

Hesh would endorse Lainie d'Cordor to all his friends in North, Central, and South Districts, going to all his old war buddies first and getting their opinions. He would also nominate Purag for another term as Governor of South District. Talking to his friends in the militia, he would encourage all of them to get their friends and family out to vote.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 18 2015, 16:57 PM 

Player

Matthew would head down to the docks and seek out the captains and dock master offing small conversation light and pleasant before venturing to the southern Hospice. He offers a mild check in with those that work there before heading to the small Chaple of Lathander and speaks with Father Redweth for a time. Once that is done he ventured not too far away surprisingly to Cordor's school of the Blue Skies Academy and Looks in to the matter and the state of affairs things seem to be in. He makes certain to understand what became of he young orphaned children that had one resided in the orphanage before it was removed. He looks in to matters concerning any of the children whom were left parent-less by the war.

Once he's gathered some information he ventures towards City Hall and makes his way in side and stays for a time.

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 18 2015, 18:56 PM 

Player

Oddly enough Matthew would find the Blue Skies Academy a bustle of activity as a few staff members once again liven the place up. The staff would direct Matthew to Snow of all people for inquiries into the Academy itself.

Aiseth

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 19 2015, 1:29 AM 

Player

The Amian Traders and Crafters Federation in turn with the recent speeches shows their support of Cordor's recent nomination of the Minister of Finance by posting supportive fliers of a Golden Coin with the name Tristana ringed around the coin itself. These posters also appear in Forrstakkr at Howness on the ATCF Headquarter walls as well. It seems the office would find the candidate favorable, in turn with Tristana's recent speech.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 19 2015, 5:17 AM 

Player

About a day after the first flurry of speeches, Minister Elijah Cromwell of Labor makes his own speech. It is short and to the point, like Elijah's work has always been. It is without fanfare, without grand gestures, and is instead a very humble (and perhaps humbling) approach to the recent times in Cordor.

"All you wonderful people, men, women, children...

... I'm not running for re-election. I was called by Maximillian to serve on the Commonwealth Council in the City's time of need. I served my city faithfully, I hope, and did everything I could to keep the city going in the face of all the dangers it faced. But now it's time for me to move on and step down from the Council. I'll be returning to the workforce, and getting back down to the real work that needs to be done in Cordor. I spent an awful lot of time sitting around at a table, and saying "Yes" or "No". I got my fill of that enough to last the rest of my life. No, I'm going to get back to unloading ships, chopping wood, building fences, and anything and everything that needs to be done around this city. There's plenty to do, and hopefully I can be one more set of hands to help get it done. It was a pleasure and and honor serving all of you. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart."

Elijah departs from a quiet crowd. Elijah's popularity was openly known, and as election time approached, his re-election seemed a shoe-in. All he had to do was put his name on the ballot, and his return was practically assured. But it seems that the barrel chested man had other ideas about how to best serve the city he loved. And so Elijah Cromwell departed from the crowd, and returned to his home. He'd be back the next day, of course, to finish serving his terms, but his time in the Cordorian government was quickly drawing to a close. The people of Cordor in almost every district are openly saddened at losing the true Everyman, the one who was closest to the beating heart of the labor force that dominated the minds and soul of both the Commonwealth, and the Republic.

Rorg's many talons

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 19 2015, 7:32 AM 

Player

When Malin came to speak after Elijah's announcement, there was no dressing up for the occasion. She was presented as she had been seen about the city, in the grey utilitarian outfit adorned with currency-shaped symbols of Waukeen and the Wonderbringer which bore a strong resemblance to the iconic uniform of the Crafters and Traders Federation. Her manner was of one educated, but without the pretense a highborn - when she spoke, it was as much to each individual she would hold gaze with for a moment, as it was the gathered as a whole.

"My name is Malin. I stand before you as someone new to the city, though not unaware of the harrowing and suffering that has happened to her people. I come to you as someone not content to stand idle, and so then, I come to you as a runner in the Ministry of Labor."

"Those of you whom I have already met may know that I had initially intended to join the Ministry of Finance - my letters to this intent reside in the City Hall at this moment. I could run in competition of Tristana... and indeed, though competition is a virtue in the eyes of the Merchant's Friend... what I see as more valuable and of greater worth to the whole of Cordor, is cooperation between those who would be responsible for its health. Finance and the workforce are not wholly separate things, but intertwined. One effects the other. Before we can reap the benefit of friendly competition, we need to finish rebuilding livelihoods. Finish rebuilding the city, with a clear direction. This goes for the politics between the Districts, as well - Cordor cannot afford to be bogged down by the minutiae when there are still people who cannot find work or feed themselves and their families..."
      At this, Malin made an obvious gesture to the devastated Districts west of City Hall, "... and are shadowed by threats which should have long ago made priority by those who govern and administer. This is not about pointing fingers, however - this is about pointing out what needs to be done, and making it be done with. What matters most is acting upon these things we have before us to do."

Malin splayed her hands and arms wide in physical, visible echo of her message of accessibility. "I understand there will be reservation toward someone who is unfamiliar to you, so I invite your questions. I also invite your suggestions and criticisms, regardless of the outcome of these elections; because the office only empowers me to better serve the city, and I will continue this work no matter where I must do it from. Regardless of what is said, that work remains to be done. With Minister Cromwell freed from the office to contribute with his hands, let me take up the responsibility of directing our skilled workforce, and training those who will join it. May fortune find us all - but let us not wait for it to appear. Let us build it now."

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 19 2015, 17:13 PM 

Player

When it comes time for Matthew to deliver his speech to the city he steps out of city hall and offers a faint smile to the crowd. He begins to speak in a clear tone that carries well most often, this tone held a commanding resonance though this time it held a difference sence of feeling... more like compassion.

"Cordor I stand before you, as one of you. I've come to call this city my home and was brought here by the tales of war that ravaged these lands. To seek out what aid I could render. It is time we band together and work towards the future to sew the seeds that will flourish in to the crops of tomorrow. We need to work together to strive forth and continue etching a path in to the pages of history. Cordor shall be oppressed no longer. We won a victory together fighting as one joined by a common interest. An interest in protecting our home. There are however those among us who have lost their homes.

It has come to my attention that there are those who have suffered a great loss during the war. Such has left the youth of today parent-less, and homeless. Our orphanage along with Cordor Central has suffered tragedy... We need a place for those to stay. A good place where they can be safe once more. I believe that by aiding those that need it we can see our community once again flourish in to something great, something prosperous. With the creation and restoration of what was lost, our community will be offered that much more commerce and brought together as a community should be. It's time we set our attentions to these tasks at hand and work with our neighbors in these endeavors towards a common goal and a common interest just as we fought side by side to protect our home; let us work together, side by side, to build the future of tomorrow.

I will endeavor to see to it that our home is taken care of, that our citizens are taken care of. I will see to it those that need aid do not go overlooked. I will strive for means of better agricultural development to better feed our people, to provide more as the price of living comes down, and we may beagle to provide for our families with out worry.

Job conditions and safety regulations will be implemented to ensure that workers are no longer taking un-needed risks. By implementing such safety regulations we ensure that we still go home to our families at the end of the day. And should safety regulations fail, Offered compensation for those who happens to become injured on the job so that they may be able to continue to take care of their families and them selves.

Along with this I will be looking in to and working towards improving our education system along side Miss Teuivae Fenner. By ensuring our youth and populace is literate, and offered the chance to gain reasoning against the illogical, to keep up with the evolution and advancement of our society, to enable people to keep their own mind and judgement, adapting to newer techniques for productivity, to teach ethical values, to impart the ability to work across genres and cultures, to teach better disease protection and prevention, to teach the youth to earn their own living, and finally to enable them to have a stable, balanced, self dependent life. All these add up in to a better society as a whole; a happier, healthier society and the product that will lead to the economic growth of our City. Thank you for your time to hear me out. "

With that Matthew steps down from the steps of City hall and makes his way to the Chapel of Lathander.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 19 2015, 22:32 PM 

Player

A breif nomination arrives from the office of the Incumbent Governor.

I hereby offer my official nomination for the Governorship of West Cordor to Leonard Lawson. May the people of West Cordor thrive in the stability of their next leader, whomever it is.

Governor Gerald Edmund
West Cordor

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 20 2015, 3:46 AM 

Player

Griff of the Nomad declines the nomination, saying that he prefers working as a barkeep and has no interest in politics beyond the gossip.

~

Captain Phillipi of the standing guard declines the nomination, saying his place is out in Cordor proper, keeping it safe, rather than being cloistered in an office doing paperwork. (More than he already does.)

~

Gilbert, governor of Cordor North, officially registers and runs for the saidsame position, Governor of North Cordor.

~

Parulg, Governor of South Cordor, also officially registers and runs for Governor of South Cordor.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 21 2015, 4:15 AM 

Player

Law Knight Leonard Lawson, bearing a small handwritten letter, registers and humbly announces his intention to run for Governor of West Cordor. He politely declines the nomination to run for Minister of Labor.

Silkelock

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 21 2015, 6:58 AM 

Player

A tall corpulent man followed by a mere handful of known dockworkers from Cordor West had made their way to the outside of the City Hall. Quietly conversing between themselves the large built man nodded to his followers and took out a series of papers and a pipe. The pipe was packed and lit and as he exhaled a plume of smoke up into the air his bellowing voice was heard across the area.

I see a great many hard working people here today and I want you all to stop and listen to me because I have something important to tell you. I will tell you who you should vote for as Minister of Labor. The one you should vote for is me, William Finley. Why do you ask? Why vote for a Harbourmaster from West Cordor to represent all of you, I will give you three good reasons why!
In this time, being a laborer has never been more important and I know we all do our utmost to rebuild our city to what it once was. The time of peace for a near year has been kind to us and I know personally that I am happy to see my wife and son being able to get a full night sleep. Though I ask you all this, all of you who work the full days and earn just enough to stay above the water, where does it lead to? I see these adventurers throw coin around as if they were made of it. The value of coin is lost on them. They do not know what it is like to feed a family on what we make! There is a gap in how gold flows in this city and lack of respect for the people who keep this city standing… we the laborers! Vote for me and I will change that for all of us!

With his first statement delivered Will took another long puff of his pipe and shifted some notes around quickly before continuing.
A vote for me is a vote for a good income, a stable home and the ability to earn what you are entitled to. Our city is large and we have room and houses, yet those who own them have let the costs for living rise well above what is even imaginable. Many of us are treated as simple people who only need the barest of necessities while those more fortunate by chance live a life of royalty. They may not be nobles by blood but ask yourselves this, how different are they from nobles when they can walk around like shining knights in gold plated clothing? Tristana who is running for finance earns more in a few hours than all of us combined do in our lifetime. How is that fair?! If you want your work to be fairly rewarded, vote for me!
A small pause was given and while Will’s followers cheered him on he spent those few seconds looking back to the West district.
I know what many of you think, he lives in the West, he is one of them and possibly as corrupt as those who run the Gentlemen’s club. So I will show you that I am serious and honest.
Our now resigning Governor of West Cordor recently put a small part of his belongings up for auction. He does so because he wishes his daughter to have the finest life money can buy. His words, not mine.
One of his items sold for ten million gold!
Will raises his arms up in the air and gestured as if the gap between his hands would represent the sum.
TEN MILLION GOLD! Imagine what that amount could give us who work and keep Cordor standing.
Now... I am not going to fault the man for wanting what is best for his daughter because we all want what is best for our families. That is why I will work day and night to be the man who stands up for these injustices of wages and working conditions for all laborers of Cordor. Vote for me, William Finley if you want to earn more, have a better home and see to it that your family is supported!

Life should be prolonged only when it serves the greater cause of the death of the world.

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 21 2015, 8:03 AM 

Player

With no candidacy for Governor of East seemingly forth coming, the new Headmaster of the Blue Skies Academy Ithilwen Lindariel humbly registers her name to the docket. She then quietly departs after submitting a copy of the transfer deed that left the Academy in her name for filing. Skipping over the opportunity to make a speech she instead returns to the Academy, likely prepping it for the hopefully brighter days ahead.

Uno

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 21 2015, 17:26 PM 

Player

Hesh would quickly endorse Ithilwen to all his friends in East Cordor. He would also denounce William Finly, reminding all his friends he served in the war with in South, North, and East of all the innocent people that the Westy's killed during the riots and how they fought against the rest of Cordor every chance they got. Threating Civil War unless given special treatment. Even going so far as to let a criminal organization run their district.

Last edited by Uno on Sun, Nov 22 2015, 0:14 AM, edited 1 time in total.

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 21 2015, 21:53 PM 

Player

Joey heads to the required location and registers to become a candidate for Governor of West Cordor. Joey would be known around the community as a member of the Gentlemen's Club. After he registers, Joey heads around West Cordor and begins his campaign. "I shall give ye' lots tha' best damn District Cordor 'ver 'ave. Cordor West, the Jewl of Cordor. Vote fer me if you want to have freedom. Because I be offerin' everyone any chance tha' want."

Auri: Champion of Bahamut

DukeDublin

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 28 2015, 9:25 AM 

Player

Fymor makes his running for Mayor of Central official, a brief word before returning to the district for a declaration of his running, and then retired inside his abode there.

Fymor Trueshot

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 28 2015, 16:06 PM 

Player

After a champagne and Blue ribboned letter is returned Matthew takes time on one of his typical routs he takes a 'detour' in Central stopping by a particular door.

DukeDublin

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 28 2015, 17:52 PM 

Player

Making his way to the guard house after realising there was a knocking Matthew at his home, Fymor wandered down to the guard house.

Fymor Trueshot

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 28 2015, 18:26 PM 

Player

A day ago Joey is overheard in West Cordor sparking a crowed. It seems the race to West Cordor Governor has begun. By the end of the event some of the citizens are chanting, "Vote for Joe!". Joey walks down the streets of Cordor West chanting the same.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 29 2015, 7:15 AM 

Player

Flyers are handed out via a messenger in Cordor Central; though it would seem the somewhat circulate in the other districts as well. In particular two sets are placed in each of the other districts. The flyers are short and written in carefully placed block letters.

A vote for Fymor is a vote for Shar!
Don't vote for the Sharran!
Don't vote for the liar!
Don't vote for the man that breaks his vows!

Vote Fymor! Vote Shar!

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 29 2015, 7:29 AM 

Player

Flyers are removed and orders given to arrest any one who seeks to incite a riot or disturb the peace.

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 29 2015, 21:56 PM 

Player

Lady Olivia Sorken, Paladin of Hoar.

A chill breeze swayed in from the wintry seas, but the cresting sunrise provided a warm embrace of the paladin as she strode through the city, her opalescent gaze slashing with vivid acuity over the grounds she trekked, she took note of the rising political charge that was slipping free of whispering lips amongst the people this fell morning. As well the keen fervor of the candidates as they jostled and jockeyed. Basking in this energy she felt radiating in the brisk morning her black-gloved fingers turned a porcelain model of her faith's symbol, etching up gingerly along each slender digit to touch the coin deeply embedded in the grooves of the crafted thumb and forefinger. Her steps became mechanically aligned, a clear astute and disciplined posture bracing her in the bulky armor that encased her.

With the city hall in sight, and the looming crowd amorphously waiting, Olivia turned to her squire, handing him with a smile the idol of their lord, and brushing a hand stoically down her tabard.

"How do I look?"

"Radiant, my lady," the reply came from the young brown-haired man, attired in the trappings of a scholar and aristocrat to foil against Olivia's militant appearance, he took the idol and hid it behind a large ledger he was holding to his chest.

Wordlessly, she provided a wispy smile, and single stern nod before her complexion regained it's stoic facade, bustling past the crowd to take her place at the podium.
Speech

"Cordor, thank you for coming out today, I hope that my words might warm your soul on this chill morning, as you've done to my own in rousing so early to stand here." The aasimar glowed with a warm radiance, peaking out from the curl of her lips, and the scrunch of her honest brow.

"I am Lady Olivia Sorken, and my family has been aligned with Cordor's success since we first set up establishment here under Duke Montgomery, and we always will be here for you. Before that though I am a paladin of Assuran, the lord of justice, this truth is the backbone of who I am, and who I will always be to you. He is a god of balance and promise. Many would focus on his retribution as a key tenet but I have always felt it more properly rests in his aspect of balance, and good-faith."

She lay both of her gloved hands to either side of the wooden podium that concealed her, though what was always visible to the crowd was her commanding presence, and the aura of authority she draped with soothing words.

"As a candidate for the
minister of law I want you to know who I am, and what I stand for, to this end I tell you that I believe my faith is who I am, and I believe wholly that in it every man who has known the satisfaction of a day's hard work, and every person who has felt the heavy disappointment of guilt resting in their heart knows wholly what Assuran is. We have all felt these things, and in this we've touched the divinity that is the lord of balance and justice. In each of us we know by law or not what is right, and what is wrong, we known from when our mother's and father's have raised us, and the world has reinforced through experience."
"I know we all have this graceful understanding of Assuran's tenets, and that we're all conduits daily of his portfolio. It is with that knowledge that I can say that Cordor does not need an overbearing law structure, but a just and fitting one. One that doesn't exclusively work because the law said it was so, but because we all know what is and isn't right in our hearts. A law structure is meant to lift up the strong of heart and virtue, and coach back those of fatiguing and faltering sensibility." She spoke to the crowd in a broad sweep, and when her silence took she looked to the setting of stone commandments that braced the fountain before her, trickling coldly beyond the crowd.

"In simplest terms, I believe that we reap what we sow, and a government needs only ensure this truthful virtue of fairness is upheld. Law is not to be tyrannical, but supportive of the common good of men. I promise you Cordor, that should you find that I would serve best as a minister for this city, I will serve you as faithfully as I do the unwritten justice we all know as right and wrong. No man will work a full day without receiving fully his pay, and that all crime will be treated fittingly in turn, with the intention of teaching and mending what was broken, rather than locking away forever more. I believe wholly that the law is only as good as the hearts of the men and women who administer it, and that is why I run in desire to be the trusted heart of this city. I am here to answer your questions, for the rest of the day, and I am here to serve till the end of my days." with that, she departed the stand and took to the crowd, mingling with her constituents.

Estara

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 30 2015, 17:40 PM 

Player

A sight not often seen in the city- a blonde warrior in dark green dragonscales, making her way through the square and catching up on the news. She seemed particularly interested in those running for office- and even spoke to a few, it seemed, as they had passed through the place at the same time. If any were paying attention, the woman spent the last of her time seeming to torment the Westerner known as Truth, or as some called him, Dirk. Kicking at his coins, cajoling with him, but sometimes in a friendly manner. Perhaps pastimes really were in the past, or perhaps these two were simply reacquainting themselves with one another.

Before leaving, she spoke with a sewer cleaner, recommended he speak out some for the Ministry of Labor's perspective and stopped by the City Hall to see where the candidate Lanie d'Cordor was holding her public communications from. She noted down the address (if there was one), and went on her way.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 03 2015, 3:59 AM 

Player

Couriers begin to rush around, delivering messages again around Cordor, handing out small pamphlets, and shouting messages....

Couriers"Voting to take place over the next few tendays! Vote at City Hall, by parchment or by spoken word! Choose Cordor's next leaders and let your voice in the Republic be heard!"

The choices for each office are as follows. There are a few less notable names accompanying each ballot, as well as space for "Write-ins", should it be desired:

Ministry of Health and Public WellnessLanie d'Cordor
Matthew of Lathander

Ministry of FinanceTristana of Waukeen

Ministry of Labor and BusinessWilliam Finley
Malin of Cordor

Ministry of LawLaw Knight Alice Dearling
Lady Olivia Sorken

~

Governor of East CordorIthilwen Snow Lindariel

Governor of North CordorGilbert

Governor of South CordorParulg

Governor of West CordorLaw Knight Leonard Lawson
"Joey", of West Cordor

There is not a ballot for Central Cordor, despite certain someones registering for it.

~~~~

((OOC: We're looking at roughly a 2 week voting time. This gives people time to vote, do election RP, try to sway over the populace, and anything else you'd like to do for this sort of thing. You may send your votes to me, or post them in the topic, and we as DMs will tally them up, and take care of the rest. If you have multiple characters in Cordor, you may vote with all of them. You are expected to keep your characters votes in character for them, as always. Candidates may vote, and for themselves, if they like.

You can assume ICly that there are other names on the ballot besides the ones there, perhaps 1-3 for each position. These represent, essentially, very minor NPCs. "Third parties", for those familiar with American politics. These NPCs are not currently named, but if, for any reason, your PC wants to seek one of them out, they will be fleshed out and available to you, and will be added to the ballot. Each ballot also has room for Write-Ins. While a write-in may not have been officially nominated, whose to say what could happen with enough of a grassroots effort....?

If your character wishes to change their vote, due to RP, you may do so, until the end of the election. It will be assumed most of the voting ICly takes place on roughly the same day - voting is spread out over two weeks as an OOc courtesy to player cheudles and to allow time for any and all RP that PCs (and DMs!) may want to do.

If you have any questions, please ask.))

Uno

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 03 2015, 4:15 AM 

Player

Heshgvar would go in and verbally cast his vote:

Lanie d'Cordor
Tristana
Marlin of Cordor
Law Knight Alice Dearling
Ithilwen
Gilbert
Parulg
No vote is spoken for West Cordor Governor

rafaelmacgyver

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 03 2015, 12:56 PM 

Player

Sgt Adela can be seen delivering her votes on the City Hall.

Emilly MacMillan (Happy)

Image Image

Sprites by Raua!

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 03 2015, 18:28 PM 

Player

Matthew sees to it his presence is made known and open as he takes time after a patrol to walk the city streets being open to questions comments or concerns. He's earnest in his words and speaks to any who seek to talk with him.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 03 2015, 19:29 PM 

Player

During this day Matthew decides to speak up and offer some words to the citizens who seek to hear more or know more.

"My friends... Brothers, sisters... I come to you today as I come to you every day; as a brother. A concerned brother. Some of you may not know where I come from... My origins not as well known, or as well spoken for as others. I come from Cormyr, the land of the Golden Lions... the land of the Purple Dragons... I was given away by my mother at the age of six to serve another, in hopes that I would take the opportunity presented to me and become something better then what I was born to do. Yes... I was not always the man you see here today... I started very poor, and very weak. Nothing more but a sad, parent-less little boy. Not always one of the 'heros' who brought J Edgar Mover to justice. Not always one of the men, who swore and oath to protect this city and it's denizens. Not always did I have these... either. "

He offers a faint gesture as he allows his typically closed up wings to open a bit. The bright sun light of the day shining down over the prismatic feathers.

"I've not been here long but... I've taken to my oaths to protect this city very seriously... even before I was brought in to the guard, a small hungry child stole from me. The city was in ruins at the time. I didn't have charges pressed rather I asked that I give him food and drink. One of the more disheartening memories, when members of our Oghmite community went missing on an expedition trip. We were able to find one and bring them home... Seeing them reunited with their family was what made it worth while. On one of the earliest occasions after I had joined the guard a group of men who spoke in Thay, had taken a keen interest in tormenting those in our city walls. I was new... a recruit in the guard at the time, but; I knew what I had to do. It was more important to get those men out of the city, and away from being able to harm denizens... so. I did what had to be done, whilst my brothers in arms made bets on if I would live or die for escorting these men from the city, whilst un armed. I look to these ballots today and see names of people I have been proud to serve with, proud to have worked along side Proud to have fought along side against demons, and undead at the for-front of our city's gates."

He pauses and takes a deep breath and offers a faint sigh. "Given away at the age of six... and yet here I stand before you today... I came to this city of my own volition... I ask for the chance, and honor to serve you better, to further my efforts and see to it the future of Cordor grows and flourishes in to a bright future. "

DukeDublin

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 03 2015, 20:11 PM 

Player

Looking under the weather today, Fymor walked over to cast his votes via papyrus. An expected result regarding his own situation as running for Central's Mayor, knowing that it is a council elected position.

Ministry of Health and Public Wellness Matthew of Lathander
Ministry of Finance Tristana of Waukeen
Ministry of Labor and Business William Finley
Ministry of Law Lady Olivia Sorken
Governor of East Cordor Ithilwen Snow Lindariel
Governor of North Cordor Gilbert
Governor of South Cordor Parulg
Governor of West Cordor "Joey", of West Cordor

After submitting his entries, Fymor ensures his desire for William Finley as Minister of Labour is heard publically, stating that his campaign is "...the most levelheaded approach he's heard in a long time", in addition mentioning that he "...looks forward to seeing change in the republic, change for the better."

He attempts to cast a vote for himself if it would be considered, trying to raise awareness - but regardless of the situation, he goes to Central Cordor to place his own voting box in sight of the closest stationed guard towards Central. Beside that box, is a box for wishes. Gathering what crowd he could in Central, they would be implored to consider casting a ballot - he seemed more concerned about the wish box, wondering what things interested those in Central and if he could make those desires come to reality. Driving the point home Fymor offered what would be a feeble amount of coin to anyone but those in poverty, payment to each that would voice themselves then and there.

Fymor Trueshot

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 03 2015, 22:07 PM 

Player

The Academies printing presses are dusted off and once kicked into high gear too mass produce a series of double sided pamphlets for the masses. The pamphlets are distributed around popular gathering places all across Cordor, though the majority are left within East.

Blue Skies Academy to reopen for the new year!

The Blue Skies Academy is proud to announce that it will be once again reopening for the next semester starting at the beginning of the year. Enrollment is now open for all children of the Republic. Tuition is as always, free. Children will be provided two uniforms and a winter coat upon enrollment. Any children seeking lodging please contact Headmaster Snow or the Orphanage Sisters at the Academy directly.

Cordor Orphanage to reopen within the Academy!

The Academy is proud to announce that it will be expanding to officially incorporate the Salandran Orphanage lost in Central Cordor. The Orphanage itself will remain under the care of the previous Orphanage Mothers, High Priestess Joy and Priestess Faith.

Construction Crew wanted.

The Academy is now seeking to employ a construction crew for the expansion of the Blue Skies Academy to officially incorporate the Orphanage lost with the destruction of Central. Citizens of the Republic only. Adventurers need not apply. Bonus will given for any crew that hires unemployed Citizens for general labor tasks.

Blue Skies Academy now hiring teachers.

The Academy is now looking to expand its teaching roster and is now hiring for multiple roles. All applicants will need to be vetted by the Guard for security reasons. Citizens of the Republic will take preference. All positions come with a monthly stipend. If interested please contact Headmaster Snow at the Academy directly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Snow for Governor of East Cordor

People of the Republic,

Today I am proud to announce my candidacy for the Governorship of the Republics heart, East Cordor. Recently our former Speaker left to me the Blue Skies Academy and with it, the hopes, dreams and the obligation of a brighter future for all of its students and staff. An obligation I plan to fulfill for not only those in the Academy, but for the district itself and the Republic as a whole. For it is the Republic itself that our children will grow up to inhabit in our wake. It is my hope to build upon the building blocks established by the first Council to lead the Republic into a age wherein all of its Citizens can both feel safe, free from the oppression of Amn; and prosper in our rebuilding community.

It is my goal to see information for Citizenship for the Republic simplified and made public. To see to it that our diplomatic ties are strengthened so that should we ever be threatened again we can stand strong; protected. To work alongside the Republics Ministers to improve Security, Trade, Welfare and the availability of work across the board. Should anyone wish to speak their mind, ask a question or propose a new idea to better the Republic, I will be available at either the Academy or on the streets of Cordor.

Furthermore I would like to note that the Academy and now Orphanage will continue to operate freely regardless of how the vote for Governor swings; and that it is in no way being used as leverage to gain the position beyond being a testament to my character.

Snow / Ithilwen Lindariel

No Tyrs Pls

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 04 2015, 4:35 AM 

Player

Seiriloth would seem to stare at the ballot with much.. much confusion. It seemed she was not very well versed in the common tongue. The following would be the scribbled mess that she hands back to the ballot taker within city hall, a sheepish grin on her face.

The positions up for election are as follows:

The Minister of Health and Public Wellness: ??? [It seemed there were large question marks put into this section.]
The Minister of Labor: [This particular section would have a golden dragon of some sort drawn in it, reading a book... likely the woman writing this ballot seemed to have gotten bored, or possibly was too frustrated trying to read what the words meant and practiced art instead.]
The Minister of Finance: [There seems to be a symbol of waukeen drawn here with a large, and rather ragged, 'T' drawn next to it.]
The Minister of Law: [IN this section was a large 'O' written in with the guard's symbol drawn next to it.]

Governor of East Cordor: I.S.L. [Likely the initials for Lady Snow.]
Governor of West Cordor: [This one was simply left blank with a single ? written next to it.]
Governor of South Cordor [A small circle with P in the middle of it was drawn. A smiley winky face seemed to be drawn next to this for SOME reason. Who knew with this one.]
Governor of North Cordor: [A crude G was drawn here. Though maybe it was a C...]
Hand written at the bottom was:
Governor of Central Cordor: Fymor H.

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 05 2015, 15:42 PM 

Player

Joey simply cast his own vote, Joey for West Cordor. The rest he marks N/A.

Silkelock

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 07 2015, 17:54 PM 

Player

William Finley being a commoner himself hardly stands out of the crowd but this morning the well lit pipe leaves a thick smoke behind him as he makes his rounds through the districts of Cordor. Notes are posted up filled with some well placed words and calling to all those who live and do good work within the city.

Hard working people of Cordor, today I place these notes with a question.

What would you do with seven million gold?
Apparently the wealthy and carefree adventurers continue to show that their pockets are as deep as the ocean is vast and the value of gold is all but lost on them. Currently some foreigner is offering a reward if you can best them in a duel. The audicity is shameful and I cannot find any other emotions to describe such an afront to us all who still to this day cannot afford a meal at the few taverns and inns in Cordor.

I have also been told that our city's special guards walk our streets and do their best to paint me as a murderer. It is a shame they resort to such namecalling based solely on where I can afford to put a roof over the head of my family.
I still stand by my word that a vote for me is a vote for fair pay and good conditions so that we all can live a life where we can afford to eat at the inns and spend the gold we earn back into the city.

With this I would like to offer up the chance to be part of something larger than the guards and merchants groups. I propose we form a guild of our own. A group dedicated to oversee our future and development as workers in Cordor. A group that brings unity, because if we work together we can change our future.

For better conditions and quality for all workers vote William Finley

Life should be prolonged only when it serves the greater cause of the death of the world.

Uno

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 07 2015, 20:20 PM 

Player

Hesh would go around talking to all his friends again in the the 3 Districts:

Typical Westy, blame everyone else for your problems. If he spent half as much time working as he does whining about what other people have he'd be a rich man too *He'd say with a chuckle*. Is that the type of man you want representing you? Someone who is calling for class warfare because some people are richer then him? What exactly are these wealthy people taking away from him or you? I'm fairly wealthy from my adventuring days, am I taking anything away from anyone? I actually donate all my salary to the South Cordor Militia and I donated millions from my own pocket to Cordor before and during the war. And you know what, many other adventurers did the same. But of course that isn't important to Mr. Finly, because unless he can get you to hate those with any wealth, he can't control you. People like this guy don't care about you, all they care about is how they can use you to get what they want, and all they ever want is control. His kind of control breeds corruption, the kind of corruption we recently fought a war to end. This is just another tactic of the Westy's , just like before the war. And if indeed he was part of the riots caused by the West, he is a murder. From everything I'm hearing, this Finely guy is Westy through and through.

Rorg's many talons

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 07 2015, 23:47 PM 

Player

Although much of Malin's campaigning had been done as impromtu meetings on the street and spontaneous conversations in person amidst daily life, she schedules a short time during the midday meal break for a small forum to take place in South Cordor, at the open circle where some of the merchants once sold their wares.

"You haven't been hearing much from me from the mouths of criers, to be sure. I prefer action to speeches. A person can claim only so much before they must do, and speeches are inherently one-sided. As some of you know, I have been speaking with residents and officials of Cordor. I continue to work to rebuild a structure that was lost during the war, for whomever goes into office will need it - it must be done regardless, and when the talks and decisions are over, this work remains. I would rather it already be under way, whether it is myself, William, or any of the other candidates who you decide to put into the ministry.

Some of you may have noticed that I have not been as visible in Cordor the last tenday. I have also been abroad, discussing the prospect of rekindled trade with other cities; because not all labor is building structures. The vast majority of all trade goods happen through labor, by our workforce, and what we cannot make for ourselves we must attain from elsewhere. Commerce and construction are inherently linked. We should not be distracted from rebuilding out greatness by what others have and how they choose to spend it, but look to see how it can benefit the city, and focus on what we can offer, build, and trade.

I can understand William's frustration with the wealthy, but what does that provide for the city, for the people? I urge people to look beyond these distractions and - it is energy better spent on what we can do by and for ourselves - and not forget that many of those who protect this city against threats far more powerful than the majority of the Cordorians who keep the city running, were - or still are - adventurers and those with exceptional skills. Some of those very same people pour their gold into the city, and use their talents to safeguard the common folk. The trinkets and equipment that they bring and sell to our merchants gets exported to other city states, other nations, and in turn feeds the city with the economic fuel it needs for projects grand and small. I would even encourage those Cordorians with the hard-honed skills of combat - and I know there are a few of you - to take this opportunity and test themselves against this person - and should they win, perhaps see a portion of their earnings into city projects. That is something that can be done with action rather than envy. Cordor's greatness will not return, or be built anew, from desire alone.

For those of you who may still have questions for me who I haven't had the opportunity to hear yet, bring them to me now and let us have a conversation."

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 08 2015, 0:54 AM 

Player

Several Cordorian regulars that have served the city for years through their respective establishments, such as Garth, Griff, Haur, and Armuth come forth to say their praises for the young Lady Lanie d'Cordor. They submit their votes for her, and spread their positive opinions of her through the idle chatting in their shops.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 08 2015, 23:39 PM 

Player

Matthew would be seen with the Captain of the STU leaving the Chapel of Lathander in one of the late evenings. His hair was mussed up and his iconic Blue and Campaign Colored tabbard caked in mud. Two wings held dried mud crammed beneath their feathers. One wing had a make shift splint yet it was easy to tell the right had been broken in several places by how it dragged along behind. After returning to the guard house for a time Matthew would be ween later on speaking with Captain Philipi and the typical gate guards.

The next morning Matthew would be seen heading to the southern district to speak with the Ship Captains and their crew a while before charting a short trip to Kholingen.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 09 2015, 20:46 PM 

Player

As campaigns continue and the word of mouth spreads between districts, various folk become more common household names in each district.

To no one's great surprise, no candidate for Finance strikes quite as big a picture as Tristana does, and amongst those with the inclination to discuss it, it's widely believed she has already won the election for Finance Minister. There is little to argue over, save perhaps what outift she'll wear to her acceptance speech.... or if she'll make a bid for Speaker when the election is over.

Health and Wellness, however, is a much different story. Those in West speak about Lanie with a scorn that would be reserved for the most vile, while North and South herald her as the next coming of the d'Cordor Family. East has the most support base for Matthew, as does an increasingly vocal Central Cordor, despite it's... legal grey area. The outcast Nobility living in the Festival grounds also show strong support for Lanie d'Cordor, although the religious base of Cordor as a whole tends to stand behind Matthew, the Lathanderan and Ilmateri faiths holding in unison.

Labor is again cleanly split along district lines, with West and South showing strong "home-town" support for their candidta eWilliam Finley, both districts being made up on businessmen and dockworkers and others who are most familiar with Finley, his business acumen, and his personality in general, and also being the districts beleived to benefit the most from his potential policies. However, Malin, the relative upstart, is enjoying popularity in East and North, as well as Central, due to a surprising endorsement from Tristana of Waukeen, who has stated she finds Finley's policies "A bit too reminiscient of times I'd rather not speak of in polite company".

The office of Law is a difficult situation to pin down, save for one thing: Law Knight Alice Dearling has a strong showing of support amongst the city guard, and their families. Central Cordor, in all its psuedo-existent splendor, seems strongly in support for Olivia Sorken and her Hoarran policies, and a one armed man that many may recognize as one of the old blind beggars in the area frequently talks about Hoar's tenets, and to support her. In other districts, neither name has become quite "household" yet, and of the positions, this one seems most up in the air.

~~

East Cordor's Governance is almost entirely wrapped up in Snow's capable hands. No other candidate even comes close to her popularity.

North and South Cordor are likewise wrapped up in Parulg and Gilbert's capable hands.

West Cordor, however, is abuzz with discussion between Joey, and Leonard Lawson. Leonard's apparent sponsorship by Gerald, the previous governor of West, has won him strong showing among those who supported Gerald as well, and amongst those who believe that having a Law Knight on their side ("for once") would be a powerful thing for those who want to be considered as independent as a part of Cordor could possibly be. Meanwhile, Joey has won over the crowd who stands firmly in the belief that it's not Cordor, but the Gentleman's Club that made West Cordor what it is today, and continues to do so, and so electing one of their number is the only correct decision to make. West, uniquely, has actualy had fist fights break out over political discourse, but this seems rather par for the course in this district of Cordor.

NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 10 2015, 18:39 PM 

Player

viewtopic.php?p=1352250#p1352250
viewtopic.php?p=1353237#p1353237
viewtopic.php?p=1359957#p1359957
viewtopic.php?p=1356087#p1356087

Though absent from the city for a time, Cordor's shaman seems to have returned to her self-imposed duties and previous habits. The farmers of North and the dockworkers, sailors, and fishermen of South and West have their persistent mentor and helper returned, as she resumes her mission of helping the city grow closer to the land. As before, she attempts to guide the peasantry already working closest with the land towards a newfound reverence towards the elements and the divines of land and nature, and goes to great lengths to demonstrate how sustainable techniques only serve to enhance their livelihood in the longer run. Her search for children of natural aptitude continues, as well.

Assuming that her efforts over time have led to any amount of acceptance or progress, she also uses the opportunity to discreetly praise Lannie d'Cordor, and to remind the people of Cordor that it was Lannie's contribution of men, money, materials, and expertise that allowed Talyne and Andrew to ultimately capture Edgar Mover and bring him to justice. She implies that Lannie has a tendency to spare no expense or effort in safeguarding Cordor's health and safety, and mentions off-hand that she hopes to be able to assist the young d'Cordor as her secretary in the future.

What is new for Talyne, however, is that she has started taking the time to volunteer in the Lathandran and Illmateran soup kitchens, charities, and hospices, where her endurance and ability to heal hopefully prove to be invaluable to their efforts in uplifting the downtrodden. While she is -extremely- careful not to preach to the preachers, she also makes small talk while working, to both the volunteers and the needy, that is generally complementary of the d'Cordor campaign. While she is also careful not to speak poorly of Matthew, or fall into overt negativity, she will also occasionally let it slip that she "sincerely hopes" that Matthew does not become possessed by a demon a second time while in office.

She does not attempt to talk politics while working in West.

Arcane Crusader

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 13 2015, 4:39 AM 

Player

*Dirk is seen regularly visiting people and handing out gold in copious amounts after brief talks to people who are willing to take it as is his way. Drinks flow freely at the Gentlemans Club during the entirety of the election process and several new girls are looked for to work in the club. It seems a perpetual party lately in the club and in West Cordor in general*

AllanaMolov said: "Dirk is like the grossest, worst version of Robin Hood ever and I love it"

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 13 2015, 8:37 AM 

Player

Talyne would find a broken winged Matthew in such locals quite often as such are among the typical locations he visits on a day to day basis. It doesn't take long for word to reach him about what exactly is said about him in such regards. Uppon learning of such he simply sighs shaking his head. He remains polite in his mannerisms however. Today at the end of one of his shifts he takes time to visit the library. There he pays his respects to a few he knows well that frequent the library quite often. He donates a peculiar book to the library's collection before his departure.

Should any one ask about the encounter or stop Matthew to speak on such a subject of 'demon possession' he willingly and gladly shares a tale from the bottom of his heart and expresses several of the lessons he learned through out the fanciful ordeal. He stresses the importance of aid and willingness to help others but stresses a sense of caution in undertaking of such relevant tasks.He speaks on the importance of friends, and friendships along side how one may find the closest and greatest of friends with in their darkest hours. He takes these opportunities to offer moral guidance to those who ask or those who listen when the stories are told; Most particularly showing vivid interest with his lively retelling to the youth of the city. He speaks on how the gift of language is precious as it allows them to communicate and convey meaning, feelings, ideas, and concepts as best they can. He further goes to explain for that reason, lies are considered to be so perverse as to use the gift of language to deceive rather than inform or share experiences. He speaks on why it is important to take care of ones self, and stresses learning one's own limitations speaking on how if you push yourself a little too far you may not do so well in fulfilling other tasks such as rendering aid. He speaks on how mistakes are often made throughout life so that wisdom is gained to avoid such in the future. He speaks on the subject of being in a very difficult position and having to pick between two dreadful sides, taking the chance to share the knowledge of the lesson a Celestial servant had delivered on such difficult choices. He speaks on dedication to the point that at the end of the day you should know you've done your best and to understand that no one man can save the entirety of Toril. He speaks on the importance of good will and any why helping others rise up to their feet and move on sets in place the building stones for the brighter tomorrow of the future. He speaks on guilt and penance, often referring to how you need to ensure you do not let guilt consume you, but rather learn from it and use the knew knowledge to turn a set back in to a success. He speaks of several failures and the consequences that came from such choices in each. He speaks passionately about how one should stray away from the temptation of fiends and fervently speaks on holding faith and holding it true. Such passionate and moving words he shares seem to resonate with him as he speaks. A somber warm glow was rumored to surround him as he became so impassioned in his sharing of such a tale of epic proportions, and the long woeful journey that lead to it. He speaks of how when you feel that you've been dropped in the bottom of the heap that is the most important time to never falter nor give up hope. That then is when it is most precious. He speaks on the dreams and visions the Morning Lord Bestowed uppon him about the difficulty and unending task of rooting out evil with earnest work. He emphasizes courage, hope, consideration, patience, diligence, hard work, commitment, and forgiveness, in all that he speaks on. From the horror of loosing one's loved ones, to the sole quiet exile in effort to protect the ones you care for, to the horrific demonic encounter with an act of Martyrdom, to the glorious reveal of Raziel, and the battle that was wages in the demon's own domain. Matthew quite often praises the Morning Lord this day speaking fondly of him, and his guidance through out the journey. This is perhaps the most personal and open he's been to large groups of people. He does not run from the fact nor hide from it.

As time would have it Matthew sets aside time to hunt. He's cautious and careful of the areas he hunts in and what he gathers. Donations of the pray that was brought in get distributed to many of the needy families with in the districts. Particularly those Matthew has taken note of on his constant patrols of the city. He delivers with the packages leather gloves, boots and furred cloaks or blankets to those in need of such items. It would seem he had taken careful consideration before hand as he seemed to have just the right thing on hand for each set of folks he visits.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 13 2015, 18:35 PM 

Player

((A reminder that there's onlyy a few more days to vote!))

Arcane Crusader

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 14 2015, 0:59 AM 

Player

All around West Cordor are posters, flyers and such about Joeys candidacy for Governor. Town criers come out of the woodworks, calling out for the election of Joey of West Cordor. Quite literally, there isnt a place you can go publicly in the West that you dont hear Joeys name coming out of the mouth of a newly hired town crier. Loudly they glorify Joey and the heroic deeds done on behalf of West Cordor by the Gentlemans Club, and Dirk Longstride in particular. Sometimes its hard to decipher whether some of the criers are there for Joeys elections or to call out Dirks accomplishments and generosity on behalf of West Cordor.

AllanaMolov said: "Dirk is like the grossest, worst version of Robin Hood ever and I love it"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next