View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Manarethan

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 10 2014, 5:52 AM 

Player

*Across the towns and cities of the Amian Isle, people are beginning to experience a number of unnatural events.*

viewtopic.php?f=118&t=75996

viewtopic.php?f=123&t=75995

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=75994

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=75997

In Addition:

*In the coastal town of Wharftown, residents have reported a number of unusual occurances that have arisen virtually overnight. A quiet, high-pitched buzzing that emanates from the empty sky. Voices speaking in a garbled, unnatural tongue that seem to come from the walls and floors. Objects seemingly not obeying the laws of physics till they arrive just as and when they should. Food tasting unnaturally salty or acidic. Lurking creatures the size of cats that flit around the town but vanish when looked on directly. And, reported by all those effected, a constant smell of ozone, and trace amounts of silver in the blood.*

*Behind the high walls of Guldorand, citizens are in a worried state as a number of unnatural occurrences have sprung up overnight. Some say that objects are acting strangely, moving slower or faster but arriving at the correct time. Some can hear a constant, irritating buzzing that seems to emanate from the empty sky above, while others mention faint voices that exchange snippets of garbled dialogue in an unknown language, even when nobody is around. There are reports of tiny shapes moving through the shadows, that vanish when looked at directly. Talk of food and drink growing sour and salty in the mouth, but reported to be fine to eat by others. All of these citizens also mention the faint, ever-present smell of ozone, and traces of silver in their blood.*

Manarethan

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 10 2014, 9:37 AM 

Player

// If your character lives in one of the currently listed cities/towns (That is, sleeps/reveries there or is actively there at least once a day), please roll a d6 each two days. On a 2 to 6, carry on. On a 1, please inform me, and your character will be experiencing symptoms like those below. If you think you should be an exception to this but aren't sure, contact me.

Nivo

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 10 2014, 13:10 PM 

Player

Two letters find themselves sent from the city of Kohlingen. One is bound for Barak Runedar. The other is sent to the Lord's Alliance and Waterdeep. Each is neatly written, though short. A warning, simply.

Quote:
Let it be known by the allies of the Holy City of Kohlingen, that the city has been beset by a magical infection known as Quintessence. Originating from the Far Realm, infection is noted by the presence of Quintessence, for which it is named - a silvery substance - within the blood. Infection of this disease extends beyond the Holy City, to at least the elfhome of Winya Ravana. Though it is possible the wider Amian isle has been affected. Treatment is currently being implemented through the casting of the spell, 'Invoke the Cerulean Sign.' Instruction in this spell is offered to any willing to learn by the magic-users of the city of Kohlingen.

I write unofficially, given the need for quick and decisive warning, and the trade between our respective cities. While no official quarantine has thus far been enacted by the seat of the Justicar, it is best you are advised of this situation now, at the early onset, when it can be best contained. Any further correspondence is best directed to the Chancellery of Kohlingen, which will be informed of this missive.

With kindest regards and deepest respects.

`Lord Ulrik Valis

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 10 2014, 15:55 PM 

Developer

Up in the mountains, a dispatch is sent from Guldorand to the Commonwealth Center, set to arrive in a few days. In the meantime, guards in Guldorand redouble their searches for anyone without citizenship papers, though since the town is small there isn't too much strenuous searching involved. As always, any trying to come into town without presenting their citizenship papers are denied entry.

In Wharftown, an announcement is posted.

People of Wharftown,

Due to the plague of a substance known as Quintessence afflicting the town, the following measures are in effect immediately:

Any currently experiencing the symptoms of infection are not to stay in homes with those who are not infected, are not to go fishing or work with tanning until cured, are not to physically contact those who are not infected, and are not to physically contact any food or drinking water they are not going to eat.

Until the plague is over, none are to engage in fights or brawls in the inn.

This is in effect immediately.

Saylgarix, Hands of Ieyrn

A quieter dispatch is sent to any non infected priests of Selune that they should travel to Kohlingen to learn the cure they have, then come back to administer to the people.

LeathanKayne

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 10 2014, 17:41 PM 

Player

[A letter is sent to the Salandran temple.]

Greetings,

As you may already be aware, an infection is spreading across Amia known as Quintessence. It is a magical infection originating from the Far Realm, noted by the presence of Quintessence, for which it is named - a silvery substance - within the blood.

Symptoms include:
    - Hearing high-pitched buzzing noises.
    - Hearing voices speaking in an unintelligible tongue.
    - Seeing objects appear to move unnaturally from one point to another.
    - Seeing creatures just out of view that vanish when looked at.
    - Food tasting strongly of salt or acidity.
    - The smell of lightning in the air.
    - Small amounts of silver in the blood.

All symptoms except the last which is detectable with blood screening appear to be the result of hallucinations.

There is a cure in the form of a spell known as "Invoke the Cerulean Sign". I urge all available priests to learn this spell as soon as possible. Any who come to Kohlingen can learn it, but it may be more prudent for you to set a time and one of our mages can come to the temple to teach you, to reduce the risk of spreading infection to your priests.

It is essential we cooperate in this matter. As severe as this issue is, in such a tense time, we can not risk our security by allowing those who are banished from Kohlingen to come within our walls for treatment. Thus, it is hoped that you will be able to help those we can't.

Please contact myself or the Order of Mages in Kohlingen as soon as possible so this can be set up.

Mystra's blessings.

Jen Joy

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 10 2014, 21:45 PM 

Player

Meilea, a priestess of Salandra is seen walks into the temple. When she reaches the Mother she gives the woman two scrolls, one with the spell "Invoke the Cerulean Sign" and another, which describes the symptons of the disease and a warning regarding the patients. She then proceeds to help fellow priests and priestesses in mastering the spell the best she can, though eventually returns back to her shift.

Edit: Later on, she is also seen traveling around, trying to help those she can with the disease.

Player of:
Meilea Kelleth

Manarethan

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 11 2014, 0:11 AM 

Player

*The Salandran Temple springs into action. The spell 'Invoke the Cerulean Sign' is taught to many of the priests and priestesses, and they begin to ready the temple for taking in and treating those infected. Having some experience with this infection, they seem confident that it will pass.*

LeathanKayne

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 11 2014, 2:17 AM 

Player

A wide reaching letter is copied dozens of times and sent out across Amia.

Recipients include
    The Swords of South Cordor
    The Blue Skies Academy of Cordor
    The Mayor of Wharftown
    The Hands of Ieyrn
    The Council and Militia of Bendir Dale
    The Arch-Druids of Oakmist Vale
    The High Priestess and leadership of the Shrine of Eilistraee
    The Council of Winya
    The Guard and Armathora of Winya
    Copies are sent to Kohlingen Keep as well

Galenson

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 11 2014, 8:55 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

The Slanty Shanty in Wharftown goes into an uproar about the ban on fights, thus resulting in a massive bar fight.

To Garth who runs the place, it seems business is as usual.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

BeaverSneezes

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 11 2014, 11:59 AM 

Player

A figure cloaked in darkness would take advantage of the current situation in Cordor and begin carving symbols of the Black sun in the dark alleys of Cordor South.

Rigela

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 11 2014, 13:49 PM 

Player

In Kohlingen...

Various things would occur!

serbiris

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 11 2014, 16:18 PM 

Player

Travelling at a rather hurried pace, a hooded elf wearing a black coat places a public notice in Wharftown, and then another in the Inner Sanctum of Winya Ravana. He seems to avoid lingering in either location, swiftly moving on.

Quote:
To whom it may concern,

Some of you may be aware of plans being formed in order to locate the source of the infection, and eliminate it. My opinion is that doing so should be considered a higher priority than mass treatment; until we know for certain if the plague is persistent in its infection over the four locations, we may risk allowing residents to become afflicted a second time. As some of you may already know, repeat infections are believed to result in health problems more severe than the standard infection, and are best avoided. While every available spellcaster should learn the invocation, it is better to focus our energy on eliminating the source, or finding an effective, permanent means of warding the settlement against new infection.

The following questions concern the progression of the recent plague, and information may help to isolate the source (including the as-yet uncertain method of deliver) and improve efficiency of precautions. I would request authority figures of the settlement in question conduct research over the populace and publically display findings or send them directly to me, as you prefer.

1. What is the current portion of the population who are confirmed to be infected?
2. Are cases of infection increasing without reports of blood contact, or remaining static? If an increase, what is the rate?
3. Is there any significant concentrations on afflicted civilians based upon the following (if yes, please elaborate).
- a) Where they live within the settlement?
- b) Diet, including water source (if it can be determined)?
- c) Occupation, including any special training?
- d) Race?
- e) Age?
- f) Amount of time spent in the settlement (see: older residents, traveling merchants and the like)?
- g) Amount of time spent in or out of doors?
- h) Quality of their abode (compare: closed roof dwellings, wooden housing, stone housing)?
- i) Sleep schedule?
- j) Any other significant factors.
4. If cures have already been distributed in the settlement, is there any incidence of reinfection? If so, please document the effects, and whether these cases are treatable.
5. Have the infections caused by the plague deviated in any way from known prior cases, based upon existing research? (if this research is required, please contact the appropriate authorities on the subject, including myself).
6. Has any other information presented which might indicate the source or method of delivery?

Thank you for your cooperation.

- Hawk

@Thanatopsis#6293

Estara

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 11 2014, 16:29 PM 

Player

A certain blonde social worker can be seen hand-delivering a copy of Hawk's notice to the City Hall in Cordor.

"Franton," she says. "We will need to set up some preliminary house-to-house calls. I'll contact those social workers who live in each district to conduct the census in their own, so as not to further the spread of the infection. I'll go around and collect the papers myself-- my adventuring days have made me pretty hardy. I won't catch the Quintessence or transfer it." She smirks and finishes. "The Salandrans have been working with this Hawk thus far. They think it prudent to follow the guidelines, so, shall we begin? Unless you think we should not?"

And she would start sending out calls for social workers, guards and other willing and/or able, uninfected and volunteered government employees to begin casting the census of the city of about 20,000 people.

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 11 2014, 21:21 PM 

Developer

In Cordor...

Franton takes the notice from Samantha, he reads it thoroughly.

"If this helps curtail the infection, I will have this begun immediately. I will inform the ministers immediately." Soon enough, he has copies made and sent to Elijah Cromwell and Xaviera Xee.

"Please keep me appraised of your efforts. I will have a copy sent to the guard as well."

Franton starts to write a furious array of papers and missives, it seems that even with the crumbling state of the government, there are efforts to curtail the problem.

Xaviera

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 12 2014, 3:33 AM 

Player

Franton's missives shortly reach the Minister of Health and Public Welfare, who orders posters set up at the various gates and on the docks detailing the symptoms of the Quintessence infection and requesting any who are experiencing the signs, or who know anybody who is, to report details to the Ministry, one of the major temples or the South Cordor hospice. Visitors to the city are asked from whence they come and are quizzed at random if they have any of the symptoms. All of those who identify as having come from Kohlingen (including the Speaker) are interviewed as a matter of course. Xaviera herself speaks with those in the Holy City who are tasked with invoking the Cerulean enchantment in an effort to obtain a few copies of the spell for copying and distribution to important centres in Cordor.

Having experienced a number of episodes of disease within the last year, the Commonwealth is no stranger to strict enforcement actions and some of the plans are dusted off and reviewed, though no action apart from the aforementioned notices and requests to the populace are taken as yet.

"[They] were moving in on me like Sharessans on a new broad in the bath house" - Tracer Bolt
AmiaWiki mod (mostly inactive)

Murkoph

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 14 2014, 11:29 AM 

Player

A message is sent out by a large number of couriers to much of those afflicted by Quintessence presently living in Exile from Tarkuul. Each note is stamped with the seal of the Centurion Order and contains a perfectly scribed copy of the correspondence from the Magistrate.

Those who merely disappeared will likely receive no personal delivery, as not leaving a place to contact you makes it hard to send these things out accurately:

Glim wrote:

To those residents of Tarkuul who have been afflicted by the Far Realm substance
know as Quintessence, know that we do not abandon you. Those who have been working on
methods of combating the infection and removing it from you, near completion of their work. Word
will be sent to each when it has been deemed safe to remove the threat from your physical forms,
at which time you will be welcomed back into the Enclave unquestioningly. The removal of all
Quintessence from the Enclave was deemed necessary not only to protect its citizens, but as a
precaution for the Enclave itself, should it prove susceptible.

To the residents of Amia and other affected environs, I posit the following for your consideration.

Why is the Quintessence being produced?

The fact that it is, and the threat that it poses to those individuals afflicted, may prove to pale in
comparison to the purpose behind the affliction. Whatever temporal threats are faced within our
own realm, the alien nature of the Far Realm is such that even should it appear benign, its very
existence in our realm will prove antitheses to life as we understand it.

I invite all who have knowledge of Quintessence and the Far Realm entities which have been
plaguing us in recent months, to collaborate and determine the reasons behind their existence in
our realm, and the most effective ways to prevent that interference from continuing.

In service,
~ Magistrate Xilphas ~

// I'm just posting it here since we don't have a list of all the people from the city who are afflicted.

Jannah Vindle - Mistress of Coin.

Jen Joy

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 15 2014, 19:27 PM 

Player

A young priestess wearing clothes of pink and white might have been seen wandering around the areas known to be tainted by the plague. She appears to help those who she can with the Sign, her united hands glowing in warm light whenever she performs the spell upon someone. A bright smile appears to persist on her lips in an almost eerie way, she clearly takes joy in helping.

Player of:
Meilea Kelleth

Grymia

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 18 2014, 0:05 AM 

Player

Tuomas would, traveling with a Kobold known as Saylgarix who serves in Wharftown's Hands of Ieryn, taking him to the Wharftown Temple and showing the ritual known as 'Invoke the Cerulean Sign'

After completing the educating in the Temple, Tuomas returned to file a report, and also send a copy of a document from the Seven Stars Library compiled by Magus Harold Kendry about the Ritual, the Symptoms and the like for Saylgarix and the Temple of Selune's benefit.

Liz

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 22 2014, 4:03 AM 

Player

In Winya Ravana, the People are well advised of the current precarious state of affairs.

Jen Joy

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 22 2014, 7:00 AM 

Player

Meilea delivers a copy of a recieved letter to the Temple of Salandra. She stays but barely a half an hour before making her way off to the field again.

LeathanKayne wrote:
To:
Magister Christian Vipont
Sir Tuomas Valo
Priestess Meilea *The Priestess seems to have been crossed out from the copy with a different set of ink than the one the letter was written with.*

I write this to inform you of my experiments and investigation into the Quintessence infection. These are my resulting findings:

Alternative Components: Substituting the natural ingredient for the spell, such as hallowseeds instead of grass, only appear to affect the visual of the spell and do little if anything to change the effectiveness.

Crafted Wands: Unfortunately I've failed to find a way to imbue wands with the Cerulean sign. My theory is this is based on the necessary energy from the caster that's consumed that can't be done through a wand.

Cerulean Glyph: I'm pleased to state I've found not only an effective trigger for protection but a more effective cure to the Quintessence infection. Casting a Glyph of Cerulean Sign Warding will effectively activate when someone infected walks through it, and furthermore will cover the target much more efficiently, curing them in one casting, but the caster will feel much more tired, likely corresponding to the same fatigue (or more) experienced casting multiple normal Cerulean Signs. I'll detail how to cast a Glyph along with my warnings at the end of this letter.

Reinfection: I'm sad to say that those who have been infected can be infected again. Furthermore, they are at increased risk of physical trauma. The strain on the system of re-infected must be investigated carefully and perhaps a more gentle way of curing them explored. Those cured a second time could suffer heart attacks, brain trauma, permanent brain damage, significant internal injuries, and other severe effects.

Cerulean Glyph Details

Warnings & Limitations:
    - Do not use the Glyph on someone who has been infected for a second time. It's power is likely to kill them instantly.
    - Do not use the Glyph on anyone of weak health. The strain could potentially be too much for the body for someone too old, young, or ill.
    - Do not use the Glyph on anyone with a significant level of infection. I would detail significant as ¼ the individual's blood.
    - The patient will likely fall unconscious after triggering the glyph. Be prepared to catch them and treat the strain of the spell.
    - The Glyph should not be used on publically trafficked areas due to the risk of engulfing someone infected for a second time, which could be fatal.
    - While one casting works, it still tires the caster as much or more so than the equivalent normal Cerulean signs required to cure the patient.
    - Can only be cast by clerics.

Advantages:
    - Cures in one casting. This reduces the risk that an infection might not be fully cured.
    - Can be cast on high security or vital areas to prevent accidental infection spread.
I realize the advantages are not long, but they are significant.

Casting:
    - Use the natural element (such as grass) to encircle the casting area.
    - Begin the casting of "Invoke the Cerulean Sign", but instead of drawing the sigil in the air, cast it upon the ground, using a small amount of powdered diamond.
    - Instead of finishing the spell with the outward gesture, finish by completing a casting of a Glyph of Warding, setting the trigger to activate upon the entry of any aberration.
    - When focusing the trigger of the spell, focus the action to push outward upon the sigil as well to complete the original Cerulean sign spell.
If successful, the result will be a brilliant display of blue and green energy erupting from the glyph and coming down on whatever activated it, engulfing them in a spectral tree, breaking apart into a flurry of leaves which will fade away, taking all the Quintessence with it.

Please share these details with whoever can use them appropriately, and let me know if I can help in any more research!

The Unicorn's blessings to you all, my friends.

Player of:
Meilea Kelleth

Jes

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 22 2014, 16:27 PM 

DM

In the Temple of the Triad in Kohlingen a moon elf rests in a room, a sheet drawn over her body. There are no signs of life from the corpse, though the nature of her passing - the incident taking place outside and in the view of anyone who might have wandered by - makes the correlation between her death and the Quintessence infection clear.

For now, the dwarven Councilor of Barak Runedar known as Whurak sits in vigil at her side, only leaving for a short time before returning. Whether or not word spreads of this particular incident pertaining to the infection remains to be seen. It is just one more loss among those who were infected for a second time.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Manarethan

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 26 2014, 1:45 AM 

Player

High above the Western District of Cordor, a perfect silver sphere hangs in the air. Motionless and silent, there is no sign of influence from the sphere.

In the sky above the mountain town of Guldorand, a perfect silver sphere hangs in the air. Motionless and silent, there is no sign of influence from the sphere.

Suspended in the air above Wharftown, a perfect silver sphere watches ominously. There is no sign of influence from the sphere...

...Except at night. Residents in all locations are initially confused and then terrified as they find that the constellations and celestial bodies that have watched over them for so long are no longer present. Instead, the stars look and feel wrong and unfamiliar. Strange constellations, unnatural lights and patches of intense darkness line the sky. As for the moon, it appears to be no longer present. This unusual change in the night sky is only apparent in the city of Cordor, Guldorand and Wharftown. Elsewhere, residents find that the sky appears entirely normal.

Elorathall

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 26 2014, 12:42 PM 

Player

For several hours after casting a simple divination in Cordor, Marcus seems to have trouble seeing right - occasionally bumping into passersby or objects.

It must be eliminated, before it destroys all.

Aurelius: Sunmaster of Amaunator. Contemplative. Aspirant to Transcendance.
"Sol Invictus"

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 26 2014, 13:55 PM 

Developer

There's a panic around Cordor as the orb is seen, but after the commotion, the people of West Cordor head into their homes to pray for deliverance, or to rave mad conspiracy theories. Commoners shout to each other about how it's the work of harpers, nobles, Kohlingen, and Richard Johnson. There's mixed feelings of rage, but also of impending doom that none of them will be able to escape, some of them murmuring how they should have gone to Tarkuul when the opportunity presented itself. There are however, guards in West who routinely check people for infection.

However, it is something seen across all of Cordor. Many in Central Cordor excuse themselves from work and hide in their homes. The orphanage sisters and the theater performers express the urgency in receiving the cure to Quintessence, but are already overwhelmed with patients.

The rest of Cordor look at the silver sphere with a mix of awe and fear. Some believing it to be punishment from the gods for their sins, others believing the gods have abandoned them, while others blame those blood mages and Arcanum freaks that they believe West harbors. Many guards are stationed along the borders to Central, awaiting what comes of the large silver sphere in the sky.

Still, despite the fear and paranoia present, word does spread of an unofficial truce made between the feuding sides of Cordor. While neither trusts the other, hostility seems to have halted for the moment. Whether it will last... time will tell.

-----------

Meanwhile, in the mountain town of Guldorand, a similar silver sphere floats in the sky, it has the villagers in a panic as many abandon the town and rush to set themselves up in the safehouses embedded into the mountains, which they believe may save them from the sphere's influence. The town, soon after, is an eerie ghost town, a lone law knight standing by the outer gate. Conditions are cramped and uncomfortable in the safehouses. There's also a growing resentment towards their relationship with main Cordor, many of the folk feeling like they've been abandoned, save by a certain few people.

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 26 2014, 16:33 PM 

Player

Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

Rith’tar sits in the Hollow Caverns by his tent and roasts fresh shark meat with mushrooms.

It might have been due to divine intervention or luck or intelligence and wisdom that Rith’tar has not reveried in any of the cities affected. When in Nec’perya while chained he didn’t reverie perhaps because he didn’t want to be taken by surprise or perhaps he didn’t think it wise to be found sleeping in a holy Temple or maybe it was the stench from the nearby elf that kept him awake.

Before then he would have been found in Shadowscape or Zanshibon for reverie. Afterwards he reveries in the Hollow Caverns.

If he’s experienced any side effects from the amount of quintessence in his blood it’s not apparent. It’s likely he has explained any strange side effects away in one way or another. Having experience in service to Priestesses of Lolth perhaps he’s experienced something similar to some of the side effects or perhaps he just ignores them so that he doesn’t appear weak.

In any case, the quintessence filled Rith’tar sits back eating this new delicacy in blissful ignorance.

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 27 2014, 1:40 AM 

Player

The night that the silver appeared in the sky, Andrew was once again in Guldorand for the evening, spending time with both the evacuated children and the Guldorand locals. Though he did his best to keep spirits up, it was clear even the Morningsong was uncertain.

Marigold Cobcruncher: Perceptive Priestess

Manarethan

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 27 2014, 2:45 AM 

Player

Suspended in the air above Wharftown, a perfect silver sphere watches ominously. There is no sign of influence from the sphere...

The citizens of Wharftown are in quite a panic about the new sphere hanging in the sky above them. The temple of Selune appears particularly worried, given the changes in the sky and the unnatural absence of the moon above the coastal township.

Estara

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 27 2014, 5:52 AM 

Player

A certain blonde-haired warrior makes her way between the three establishment with silver spheres above them, looking up thoughtfully. Her brown eyes shimmer in the strange light and she grips a certain hilt at her side, the sides of her mouth tipping downwards slightly.

Elorathall

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 27 2014, 15:16 PM 

Player

The infamous sunmaster arrives in Guldorand with a small cart. He sets up a large tent to the side of the town, yet defiantly within sight of the silver orb, before heading into the hold to offer what assistance he can. His own kind of reassurance mainly bases itself on the eternally present sun - even though it might not always be immediately visible - and how Lathander continues to watch, guide and protect the faithful even in the darkest places. Though it may not seem sympathetic to the Guldorandans, Marcus doesn't seem all that fazed by the silver orb - perhaps he's simply become somewhat jaded towards the supposed threat of annihilation by yet another inexplicable entity.

Aurelius: Sunmaster of Amaunator. Contemplative. Aspirant to Transcendance.
"Sol Invictus"

Manarethan

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 28 2014, 3:51 AM 

Player

Earlier today, the City of Cordor was beset with numerous sudden deaths as, in the sky above the City, an enormous image of the Cerulean Sign formed from the clouds. Purging the city of Quintessence, it appeared that the wide-spread cure was not entirely painless, leaving many of the citizens who were infected dead. As the Cerulean Sign faded, the voice of a male human spoke across the city, essentially telling the population to thwart the advance of Quintessence, or die.

The Quintessence sphere above the Western District did not apparently take kindly to the cure, attempting to fracture the Cerulean Sign with limited success. All across the city, a deep and mournful bell tolled seven times, and then fell silent...

Silkelock

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 28 2014, 7:36 AM 

Player

From one of the courts of the living city the Keeper watches the enormous sign appear on the sky. Knowing full well the effects it may have subjects he packs up some healing items and through a portal makes his way to the West district to tend to any injured or dead.

Life should be prolonged only when it serves the greater cause of the death of the world.

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 28 2014, 18:00 PM 

Developer

Manarethan wrote:
Earlier today, the City of Cordor was beset with numerous sudden deaths as, in the sky above the City, an enormous image of the Cerulean Sign formed from the clouds. Purging the city of Quintessence, it appeared that the wide-spread cure was not entirely painless, leaving many of the citizens who were infected dead. As the Cerulean Sign faded, the voice of a male human spoke across the city, essentially telling the population to thwart the advance of Quintessence, or die.

The Quintessence sphere above the Western District did not apparently take kindly to the cure, attempting to fracture the Cerulean Sign with limited success. All across the city, a deep and mournful bell tolled seven times, and then fell silent...

Cordor is beset by a heavy amount of panic in all districts, in response. Many of those surviving show a great deal of lethargy as they experience internal injuries or are reported suffering blood loss. An exact death toll is unknown as of yet, but city wide estimates place it at one thousand and rising. The temples and hospice are overwhelmed with patients, and even many of the healing staff are not spared the symptoms.
Social services continues to record what is happening and seeing if they can find any patterns. So far, from their data collection, it seems that those slain were those who have either already received the cure, or were of precarious health, the young, the old, and those oft ill.
West Cordor however, is spared from these effects, though they are in no calmer of a mood, with the silver sphere hanging above their district ominously, many heralding it as a sign of coming doom.

Yet another panic is spread when word of five people being kidnapped and then forcibly infected in the city's eastern district. Rumor also had it that this had happened in the midst of the trial of Richard Johnson, however there are scarce few rumors of Richard's involvement in this. Rumor has it that one of the witnesses testifying in his favor, Sandra Cole, was one such victim of capture. Currently she awaits treatment for the infection...

MightNMagic

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 29 2014, 6:50 AM 

Player

The exotic merchant-mage in azure blue who was with the group that disappeared at the Keystone in defense of Cordor, is seen in various marketplaces tirelessly trading for diamonds, often taking seemingly poor deals without much haggling. After markets close, those with eyes in the night might spy him making pilgrimages to the orphanage and various temples.

(No tells for Rashad while I'm playing other characters please.)

Anatida

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 29 2014, 7:08 AM 

Player

A shadow moved quietly across the grounds of the Salandran temple. Seeing a familiar figure, it came to rest momentarily at the base of a tree, until it heard something troubling.

"The ritual will be a little more tricky because of your rate of infection."

She eased her control on the shadows of the environment and stepped away from the tree. "What rate of infection?" The male drow exposed his arms revealing silver veins. She stepped right in front of him and gripped his chin, turning his face so she could see his eyes. They looked normal, and she nodded. Fine, you can proceed with this method then, if that is your desire. She returned to the tree's shadow and watched the proceedings impassively.

The ritual had to be cast more than once. When all of the substance was gone, an armor clad corpse lay in the spot where the glyph had resided.

She listened to the Priest intone the familiar sounds of a resurrection spell for the second time. When the body remained inert she stepped up again, and offered to pay him for his service; before simply scooping up the body and dragging it through a portal.

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 31 2014, 8:36 AM 

Player

Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

The Salandran Temple was host to another visit from those seldom seen outside the darkest depths. The priest again performed the now more familiar glyph that released an individual from the grip of quintessence.

Last seen as an armor clad corpse, he'd returned very much alive and in the company of another.

Again the glyph attacked the quintessence and was victorious. Again in the center of where the glyph had been was a corpse.

Only this time, it was the armor clad Rith'tar that scooped up the limp form and vanished in a greater portal.

If there was any doubt that the quintessence wasn't restricted to the surface, this would indicate it's reach was far indeed.

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar

Rigela

PostPosted: Tue, May 13 2014, 16:27 PM 

Player

A day after the ten members of the Kohlingen mage guard whom had been assisting the elven people of Winya Ravana left, they would arrive by boat to Wharftown. Moving to their fellows in the guard they began setting up to assist the people as they could, a letter written to what heads of the town they could find informing them of their arrival and that any concerns or needs they had should be brought to one 'Sir Kendry' who would here to help as well.

Hudson

PostPosted: Tue, May 13 2014, 18:08 PM 

Player

Sir Kendry, also called Harold, would be waiting for them.

(Trying to arrange a meeting with Alanna)

Harold Kendry (Illusionist) -> see avatar
Elloanore (Travelling bard)

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 05 2014, 0:31 AM 

Player

In Tarkuul, the High Captain holds a coin in his hand, considering it for a moment before activating the enchantment on it.

"We need to meet. Come to Tarkuul and we can speak."

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Manarethan

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 13 2014, 9:00 AM 

Player

// Just a note that those intending to do anything in Actand (Any region with the Actand tag in its name) need to talk to me first please.

LetumLux

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 17 2014, 7:40 AM 

Player

An Apostle of the New Moon could be seen making her way through Kampo's periodically, and venturing into the outskirts of Actand. There, she set up camp within the discolored environs.

Manarethan

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 17 2014, 9:31 AM 

Player

// Could anyone who has a character that is still infected with Quintessence please send me a PM titled 'Infected Character'. Please list your account name, character name, race and class, and if possible, when you were infected.

LetumLux

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 30 2014, 3:10 AM 

Player

The simple tent and open air gazebo structure of the New Moon's camp was taken down at some point. Only the cautionary sign remained. The nomadic ascetic must have relocated again.

CouncilofAutumn

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 09 2014, 11:58 AM 

Player

Traveling the length and breadth of Amia island often brings a wraithlike figure to the edge of Actand, when not consumed by his training. He has not forgotten his mistake, and is consumed by an inhuman concentration on rectifying it as best he can, even if he has to do it alone...

CouncilofAutumn

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 02 2014, 10:18 AM 

Player

Earlier this day, a loud shout is heard high above Guldorand that causes the sphere there to temporarily lose its silvery sheen, become grey and inert. A large chunk the size of a person falls away from the bottom of it and slams into the dirt near the entrance to the caves, and a lanky blonde man in purple and blue is seen dropping down after it, landing nimbly on his feet after an almost entirely free-fall of about half a mile, with only the sharpened rocks and craggy outcroppings to slow his descent. After a time, the sphere returns to its silvery liquid state - albeit proportionately smaller than the large house it was before - and the grey chunks on the ground become liquid again, although they remain grey rather than silver.

The pale man and a nearby Cordorian Elite Guard known to the locals as Stan spend a few minutes investigating the chunk that fell and liquified after it absorbed into the ground, and the pale man even reaches down to rub the grey dirt between his fingertips, to no ill effect. A short time later they dig the affected earth up and place it in a crate, and abscond with it into the cave, where it seems to have been left under guard. The pale man and Stan part ways amicably, as the former departs Guldorand with incredible speed and the latter leaves his post temporarily to discuss something with his fellow guards.

LetumLux

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 10 2014, 8:23 AM 

Player

When not actively honing herself, Ahsra spent the majority of her time laboring in Guldorand, building storage containers in preparation for something. Any of the residents who might remember her from the reconstruction efforts a year prior who could manage basic carpentry are requested of to assist with the process to get through it with more expedience - though the ascetic would work through the piles and rows of planks regardless. As the containers gradually become finished they are arrayed outside of Glinulan's Hold, and made ready for transport...

LetumLux

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 11 2014, 23:47 PM 

Player

A gathering had amassed in the logging town perched in the Skull Crags. Over the next few hours, an exodus trickled down to the Monastery of the Crouching Lemur; and a short while later, a prolonged and horrific cacophony echoed throughout across the crags. Whatever was going on, it began shortly after dawn and continued well into the night...

Manarethan

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 11 2014, 23:58 PM 

Player

The sphere of Quintessence above Guldorand is gone, and with it the unnatural sky and visual distortions that it created. A large number of sealed crates are moved into the cave to the north, and the townsfolk and adventurers are barred from entering it for the time being.

LetumLux

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 12 2014, 10:51 AM 

Player

The sound of hammering and the formation of containers soon came to Wharftown. The surplus of the less desirable darkwood, duskwood, and ironwood that was often lingering in the stores of the merchants was cleared out and brought to the fishing town in roped bundles. Gradually, more crates were being made from the supply, and set near Alanna's residence to await their coating of wax.

Manarethan

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 10 2014, 6:07 AM 

Player

A cacophony of music, sonic energy and magic flared in Wharftown at the hands of a large group of adventurers, intent on displacing the Quintessence sphere that hung above the coastal town. A short time after the attempt began, the Sphere changed from silver to gray, and then to black before it exploded violently, showering the entire Western Coast with black rock and choking clouds of black dust.

The region has now largely returned to normal, and with the removal of the sphere, the sky above Wharftown is once again graced by the moon and stars each night.

LetumLux

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 17 2015, 12:26 PM 

Player

It was still raining when her visitor departed. The conversation echoed in her thoughts as a whole and as isolated pieces, turning them over as she considered questions unasked. There was much more that she wanted to know, but her focus had to be on what was before her. Perhaps, when it was done...

The ascetic sat herself again on the old, worn mat that had caught many impact and been the stage for countless hours of meditation and practice. A breath in. Her eyes lifted to tree that rose out of the center of the garden, the only leaves on its branched the transitory droplets that had accumulated from the rain. Her gaze followed one of the 'leaves' as it grew heavy and fell, spattering itself apart on the wooden awning of the simple shrine. A breath out.

Slow gesticulations flowed before her, her fingers the final point of her intention and motion; pushing and pressing through the air, through the insistent rain. An inward breath sank and settled. A short, forceful 'hap!' shunted the water from its course as she exhaled.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next