View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ] 
Silent2001
 
PostPosted: Sun, Feb 17 2013, 16:14 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdomshire

In Zanshibon various fliers are distributed and haphazardly tacked up on noticeboards. The small brood of quasits also do their best to annoy passersby with proclamations.

Quote:
INFAMY, POWER, WEALTH!

Serve the almighty Paush and prove yourself worthy of his gifts.

If you've an interest in joining his cohort report to Zanbiluran.

_________________
Image<3 Maryn
We are going to die and that makes us the lucky ones.


 
      
Silent2001
 
PostPosted: Mon, Feb 25 2013, 0:16 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdomshire

//Seeing as there was a derp-up regarding time planning I've had to postpone this until monday 10PM GMT. Or 11PM GMT.

_________________
Image<3 Maryn
We are going to die and that makes us the lucky ones.


 
      
alamut
 
PostPosted: Sat, Mar 02 2013, 17:14 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 07 Apr 2009

*Amontep reads it for a moment* ... interesting. Perhaps I could find a new "wife" as well.


 
      
Silent2001
 
PostPosted: Fri, Dec 27 2013, 16:50 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdomshire

Following Paushs' request for reinforcements Zanshibon is a hub of activity, the streets are packed densely with all manner of tanar'ri along with an unusual influx of adventures. The idiom "powder keg" doesn't do the chaos justice, adventures that spout screed are jumped upon by the tanar'ri and tanar'ri that pick the wrong adventuring parties to mess with are dispatched swiftly. The defenders attempted to maintain some small semblance of order (or as much as demons are capable of enforcing) but after a few cycles gave up the ghost and sat back to watch the bloodsport. The laws of Paush have been thrown out of the window and the reclusive demon lord seems either unaware or unwilling to resume business as usual.

The marshal of Paushs' forces, the formidable Zanbiluran, routinely whips the interloping adventurers into submission and the rampaging demons but even he seems to be labouring under the enormity of the task. There is a brief lull in the chaos as one of Zanshibon's defenders is hurled from the cliff face that serves as the settlements walls. Eel like monstrosities follow shortly after backed by the usual gaggle of demons that prowl the wastes.

The fighting is intense and by the time Zanbiluran manges to direct the mass of adventurers and tanar'ri toward the enemy many of his force lays dead on the streets, or trapped in walls of ice. Overwhelmed Zanbiluran falls back to the entrance of the Citadel as the streets are taken over by brutal street fights between tanar'ri and demons that don't quite fit the mould of the common ones adventurers are used to encountering. They seem alien, more akin to aberration than demon.

A piercing cry from the citadel stops the violence for a moment, and Paush emerges from his impenetrable fortress. Bouts of divine and arcane magic spray from the lord's hands killing adventurers and interlopers indiscriminately. Alongside his cohort, Ziral and Zanbiluran the lord manages to reclaim control over his hold.

Life resumes to normal within the settlement, but whispers of change in the 363rd layer are on everyone's lips. Never before had the locals seen Paush leave his citadel. Those canny enough to know the origin of this change look to the wastes for a glimpse of the city buried by time. The citadel is being eclipsed.

_________________
Image<3 Maryn
We are going to die and that makes us the lucky ones.


 
      
Murex
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jan 05 2014, 10:21 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 01 Dec 2009

Annoyed by a quasit on her way to her home, Kylex stops and reads the notice. She tilts her head as she reads, and ponders for a moment when she finishes. The quasit continues it's annoying chatter, but Kylex seems lost in thought. A minute after reading the notice, she smiles a sharp grin and continues on through the city.

_________________
Image


 
      
slkNihilus
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jan 23 2014, 4:50 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 29 Jun 2008

Though people getting killed or going missing in suspicious circumstances in Zanshibon are by no means rare occurrences, no fewer than seven tieflings have disappeared from the Abyssal city, leaving no trace. Not few of the remaining tanar'rilings are more than a little paranoid as they go on with their "normal lives".


 
      
Silent2001
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jan 23 2014, 5:06 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdomshire

The missing tieflings are noticed by the unofficial Marshall of the city's defence Zanbiluran. But between the inconsistent attacks from the Forgotten City the demon's attention is primarily on keeping his stretched force together. The loss of some defenders does, however, come as a keen blow to the flagging militia.

_________________
Image<3 Maryn
We are going to die and that makes us the lucky ones.


 
      
Silent2001
 
PostPosted: Mon, Feb 17 2014, 17:30 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdomshire

Anyone stalking the Abyss lately will notice a huge surge of fiends swarming in a babbling mass toward Zanshibon.

((Tonight, midnight-1am GMT+1))

_________________
Image<3 Maryn
We are going to die and that makes us the lucky ones.


 
      
Silent2001
 
PostPosted: Tue, Feb 18 2014, 4:09 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdomshire

The mass broke on the walls of Zanshibon, tearing apart any stragglers foolish enough to receive the brunt. Zanbiluran and a group of mortals defended the citadel and watched the slaughter unfold from behind makeshift barricades. But the victims of the assault (aside from the mass of demons) were on the prime. Nothing remains in the gnomish testing ground but the half-eaten corpses of the engineers and the burnt out ruins of their living quarters.

The dying words of one victim, as a mane loomed over one fatally wounded gnome "For science."


The portal remains open.

_________________
Image<3 Maryn
We are going to die and that makes us the lucky ones.


 
      
Dunecat
 
PostPosted: Tue, Feb 18 2014, 20:58 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Location: +3 GMT

Traveler in a scarlet scarf visits the scene of carnage, and industrially collects gnomish corpses into bags of holding.

_________________
Image

Mistakes were made.


 
      
Grymia
 
PostPosted: Tue, Feb 18 2014, 22:06 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Location: Kohlingen, and a Basement in Canada

Tuomas would send word to Howness to see where any of the survivors would have elected to settle.


 
      
Estara
 
PostPosted: Thu, Feb 20 2014, 8:13 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 24 Feb 2007

Samantha was only one of a large group taking a large ship from Howness to the Gnomish Testing Range to see what was going on over there... However, if there were any paying close attention, it seems she did not return from what was left of the island as part of the original group at all.

_________________
'Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein


 
      
Silent2001
 
PostPosted: Thu, Feb 20 2014, 19:55 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdomshire

When the group departed the citadel became a flurry of activity, Zanbiluran and the small contingent of the demon's vanguard enter the citadel leaving the town undefended. Hours pass and the glabrezu emerges alongside Ziral, they exchange a few words and the succubus disappears in a burst of arcane magic.

Zanbiluran resumes his vigil over the town and sports what can only be described as a twisted smirk. The half-fiends express his high spirits far better than the demon and patrol the town drinking and beating down unsuspecting adventurers for their own amusement.

The succubus would return hours later accompanied by a mismatched group of curious tanar'ri, they enter the citadel and the doors of Paush's palace close.

_________________
Image<3 Maryn
We are going to die and that makes us the lucky ones.


 
      
T0mc4t89
 
PostPosted: Sat, Feb 22 2014, 3:45 AM 



Player

Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Location: A hut in Howness. (GMT+2)

Tom, in both a furious and hurried state, comes back to Howness and immediately issues a report to the Captain. He then advises the men to keep an eye towards the direction of the island containing the Gnomish Testing Range, and the sailors who transport individuals to that island and back must first ask permission from the Watch before any departure from Howness towards the island.

_________________
Characters:
Elder Torsten Eadgarsson
"He’d only shown the best of intentions. Firm but not unreasonable. Eager to protect what was his but not eager to overextend his reach, to push himself on to others."


 
      
Aiseth
 
PostPosted: Sat, Feb 22 2014, 5:50 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 21 Dec 2011

A dark clothed wizard leaves Zanshibon accompanied by two men in red armor, she leaves with a small leather bag.

_________________
Image
MuseReader: Aiseth Nosdivan- Master EnchantressImage


 
      
T0mc4t89
 
PostPosted: Mon, Feb 24 2014, 1:02 AM 



Player

Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Location: A hut in Howness. (GMT+2)

In Howness, Tom receives a letter from a messenger and retreats into his dwelling to read it. After a small pause, a furious shout of anger is heard by anyone near his dwelling, some snow even falling from the edges of roofs of his and nearby dwellings.

"WHAT?!"

He bursts out of his dwelling, the door slamming and he makes his way to the docks. He shouts to every sailor and watchman:

"NOBODY WILL SAIL TO THAT DAMN ISLAND WHICH HAD THOSE GNOMES WITHOUT PERSONAL PERMISSION FROM BOTH FATHER SNORRI AND CAPTAIN JORLIEF!! OR I SWEAR TO BAHAMUT I WILL BASH THOSE MACROPEPHALIC BABOONS HEADS OPEN WITH MY HAMMER AND PISS IN THE HOLE!!"

He then manages to calm himself abit and then adds:

"Anyone wishing to know why can query Jorlief themselves. Right now, for the security of Howness and the sailors, we cannot let anyone get to that island so casually. There is no immediate danger towards us as far as I know, but we have to be prepared."

He then goes to find the captain after throwing some cold snow from the ground onto his face, as if to cool himself some more. Word would be soon sent to Thordstein aswell, recommending the same arrangement with their leaders involved.

_________________
Characters:
Elder Torsten Eadgarsson
"He’d only shown the best of intentions. Firm but not unreasonable. Eager to protect what was his but not eager to overextend his reach, to push himself on to others."


 
      
Hudson
 
PostPosted: Mon, Feb 24 2014, 10:20 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Location: Bendir's Dale

*A young wizard with a fabulous hat would occasionally come by Howess, as often as not in the company of an elven woman.

He'd try to gain passage to the former testing range by boat but doesn't ask for permission if told to do so. He'd simply send a large raven instead to take a peek at the portal and to see if the pile of rubble is still in place.*

_________________
Characters played:

Harold Kendry (Illusionist) -> see avatar
Elloanore (Travelling bard)


 
      
RaveN
 
PostPosted: Tue, Feb 25 2014, 17:51 PM 

User avatar

Administrative Developer

Joined: 08 Jun 2010

Cloaked short figures never found themselves too far removed from the area, constantly keeping a cautious eye on developments.

_________________
a.k.a. Audrey Zinata


 
      
Rigela
 
PostPosted: Tue, Feb 25 2014, 21:25 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Location: Grimy Old England

In Howness, the Captain of the Guard would be seen issuing orders to the guard and some of the sailors. On shifts, guards would be stationed near the ship that usually provided access to the erratic gnomes informing any that came that they would need permission from the High Priest or Captain of the guard to set sail, the ship itself lacking the usual personnel (who could happen to be found drinking in the local tavern, with their extended shore leave)

The usual backwards disdain to outsiders ever prevalent, but an obvious sense that the guard were scared of whatever had happened to the gnomes and this was translated across abundently in their brisk manner of dealing with 'none locals'.

Tieflings and those who seemed to even remotely carry 'outsider blood' were sunned even more than usual by guard and locals alike to leave, by glares and foul language. Being bumped into, finding doors shut in their face or simply ignored by the various merchants.

_________________
Image
Signature by Maryn! <3 I am also seen as DM Snuffles.


 
      
Rigela
 
PostPosted: Sat, Mar 08 2014, 21:14 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Location: Grimy Old England

One morning, a cutter ship bearing the flags of Wiltun would sail up and dock in the xenophobic town of Howness - flags soon removed after. A number of fifty soldiers would disembark and take up within a building of town and soon after around the town, with the local guard.

The locals would treat them with the usual frosty reception, but seemed willing to at least accept their presence. A fair number of men (and the guard) could often be found in training with them. On drills, practise sparring and even equipped with the armaments.

A few minor disagreements would break out, with words but these were quickly placated and the hostile mood seemed to be slowly leaving as the comradeship of work brought the men together. Howness seemed to be preparing for something, a wary eye kept ever towards the once gnome infested island.

_________________
Image
Signature by Maryn! <3 I am also seen as DM Snuffles.


 
      
Aiseth
 
PostPosted: Sat, Mar 08 2014, 23:45 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 21 Dec 2011

A black robed wizard disembarks on a smaller ferry vessel, and soon takes up rent in one of the tower-cottages there located near the Temple of Helm, she brings with her a great deal of vellum paper and crate-valise of personal effects.

_________________
Image
MuseReader: Aiseth Nosdivan- Master EnchantressImage


 
      
T0mc4t89
 
PostPosted: Wed, Mar 12 2014, 22:56 PM 



Player

Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Location: A hut in Howness. (GMT+2)

Tom goes around Howness warding areas from evil via Magic Circle of Protection against Evil provided by his Lord Bahamut. He maintains a ward in the inn, the temple and the dock area. Delia, an elven cleric would also arrive and provide the same wards at all the gates, the Traders Federation, the node and two of the residential areas. Delia promised to assist Tom in maintaining the wards, should they wear out.

_________________
Characters:
Elder Torsten Eadgarsson
"He’d only shown the best of intentions. Firm but not unreasonable. Eager to protect what was his but not eager to overextend his reach, to push himself on to others."


 
      
Emerald Dawn
 
PostPosted: Sun, Mar 16 2014, 1:15 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 21 Mar 2013
Location: El Paso Texas

E'Lyntriss Emberrose has set forth from Cordor and journey's to Kohlingen awaiting a boat to sail to Howness. Along the way she buy's up stocks of Grain, food, fresh water, medicine, lumber, motor, stones, shields, armor, helms and swords. As well, she hire's any mercenaries that be known for goodness in there hearts that comes across her path to be recruits in her Emerald Rose guard.

// OOC She has a Million coin she is spending on gathering the supplies and man power, if a DM could please take the coin from my Toon and can establish what her coin provides in her mission. Thanks!

_________________
E'Lyn†riss Emberrose-High Merchan† of the Emerald Rose Company-Retired
E'Van†le Emberrose- Cleric of Helm High Watchman of the Emberwa†ch Knights


 
      
gorgometh
 
PostPosted: Sun, Mar 16 2014, 1:28 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Location: Southeast (USA)

The First Knight of Wiltun spends a fair amount of time with the Iron Guard troops stationed in the defense of Howness. With each trip to the frosty township, he brings word, supplies and correspondence to his men from home. Kindness is extending to the town's residents, whether it is returned or not.


 
      
Emerald Dawn
 
PostPosted: Sun, Mar 16 2014, 1:35 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 21 Mar 2013
Location: El Paso Texas

Before E'Lyntriss leaves Cordor, she buys teams of Oxen and wagons to carry the goods she buys.

_________________
E'Lyn†riss Emberrose-High Merchan† of the Emerald Rose Company-Retired
E'Van†le Emberrose- Cleric of Helm High Watchman of the Emberwa†ch Knights


 
      
Rigela
 
PostPosted: Sun, Mar 16 2014, 2:11 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Location: Grimy Old England

The hownessians would still be treating the Iron Guard with a measure of reserved disdain, for the large part. But with some, the bitter exterior they presented to the world was slowly being worn away. More men turning up for the training sessions and more accepting the new weapons and armour being provided. Occasionally, they might even find conversation struck up from the other side first by the locals, a grunt here and a nod there. Even small steps are a start.

The wardings would be met with a touch of paranoia, even if not outward comment. Children and adults would avoid the area's and regard the elven figure performing them without outright suspicion and occasionally a foul word. In the presence of a guard, they would quickly subdue, but it was clear they were opting to simply think the thoughts they were no longer speaking.

E'lyntriss would find on her arrival, if she intended to offer any supplies, a request to meet with the High Priest, the Captain of the guard or Tom Skyfall before she attempted anything herself

_________________
Image
Signature by Maryn! <3 I am also seen as DM Snuffles.


 
      
Silent2001
 
PostPosted: Sun, Mar 16 2014, 15:16 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdomshire

No interlopers have breached the portal since the destruction of the gnomish testing ground, but within Zanshibon more and more fiends are gathering under the banner of Paush. Half-fiends protect the portal and cut down any demons foolish enough to try and breach the prime. It's cold on the Howness front but for Zanshibon things are beginning to heat up.

_________________
Image<3 Maryn
We are going to die and that makes us the lucky ones.


 
      
gorgometh
 
PostPosted: Sat, Mar 22 2014, 5:34 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Location: Southeast (USA)

During the First Knight of Wiltun's most recent visits, he can be seen making spefic and sometimes lengthy trips to the offices and warehouse of the ACTF in Howness. He is noted to enter the warehouse with a number of dossiers in hand, and, after each passing visit, the compilation of documents grows.

He seems hard at work, gathering information.


 
      
Rigela
 
PostPosted: Wed, Mar 26 2014, 18:46 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Location: Grimy Old England

The tone around Howness remained bleak and stubborn as ever, cold snowy nights thrashing against the folk as they bunkered on down for the nights, a line of salt placed outside their doors, or a branch above a window to ward away any dark spirits that may decide to try and come for them.

Above them all, though, some may swear they saw the majesty of Selune streaking across the night sky in a brief blur, others telling them to lay off the drink or to simply stop spreading such stupid rumours.

_________________
Image
Signature by Maryn! <3 I am also seen as DM Snuffles.


 
      
gorgometh
 
PostPosted: Wed, Mar 26 2014, 19:02 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Location: Southeast (USA)

The First Knight's irregular visits continue but begin to increase in frequency. With each visit, new equipment accompanies his vessel after taking up to date estimations on the township's defenses.

Artillery equipment is soon displayed for Snorri or Jorlief. Beyond hand held weaponry and the armor, arbalest's, ballistae and catapults are shown to the leadership to decide if they desire the equipment and training for the town's fortification.

When not observing the drilling and exercises with the iron guard and Hownessian protectors, the First Knight spends more time in the ACTF offices, going over figures and estimates.


 
      
T0mc4t89
 
PostPosted: Wed, Mar 26 2014, 19:28 PM 



Player

Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Location: A hut in Howness. (GMT+2)

Tom, when not adventuring, would maintain his vigil and patrols and also once in a day going up the mountain for some reason. Then returning back. He would keep an eye on the island with his telescope during his guarding. He also joins in with the training after finishing his patrols/guarding for the day, helping keep up relations between the Wiltun-soldiers and his fellow Hownessian watchmen and also sharing his own experiences about fighting demons during his many trips to the Abyss and how Cold-weapons are the most effective against them.

"I am one of you, and I've managed to kill a balor in his homeplane. If I can do it, so can you. The first fight will be one you will remember the rest of your lives. Remember your training and who you are fighting for, and you will make it."

He observes the new equipment provided by Wiltun, impressed. But he also seems concerned..

"How much will they ask back from us for all they are giving us so far.."

He would also watch the First Knight go to the ACTF, pondering about the goings within. "Hrmmnh.."

The young paladin doesn't seem that trustworthy about the Wiltunites, yet he tries to hide such thoughts, knowing that unnecessary friction is not needed now. The contract was made, and so far, nobody has broken it.

Perhaps he is just paranoid because of what happened with his brother and Kohlingen..

He would buy drinks for both his fellow Watchmen and the Wiltun-soldiers in the inn should there happen to be any during his visits inside, giving a smile to everyone. He himself refrains from the strong stuff though, drinking simply milk or the chocolate-kind.

He notices "the majesty of Selune" flying up in the sky during the first night, having been waiting for it seemingly. It makes him smile alot, mumbling "Vinxa." towards the sight, thank you in the Draconic tongue.

To those who would be interested to know further, he would say that Bahamut has provided them a new ally against the demons, a knowing smile on his face. He would tell children about prismatic dragons should they be curious about the sight aswell.

_________________
Characters:
Elder Torsten Eadgarsson
"He’d only shown the best of intentions. Firm but not unreasonable. Eager to protect what was his but not eager to overextend his reach, to push himself on to others."


 
      
RaveN
 
PostPosted: Sun, Mar 30 2014, 21:43 PM 

User avatar

Administrative Developer

Joined: 08 Jun 2010

A shrouded elven figure makes her way secretly under sanctuary and ensures that she is not followed by anyone, running past hordes of demons quickly, to the forgotten citadel, in which she awaits in a dark corner to see if she'll be taken in as a guest to speak. Her face is covered and her clothing has drastic amounts of light dampening and look rather mundane, obscuring her identity in shadows. She is carrying an satchel, in which a blood slide was held, a scent and sigil in which the residents may be able to identify this mystery figure almost immediately. Apart from the fact that she stands roughly 5'1 with a helmet on her head, and has a chest piece designed for females, you might not be so sure what type of elf she might be.

_________________
a.k.a. Audrey Zinata


 
      
T0mc4t89
 
PostPosted: Tue, Apr 01 2014, 19:58 PM 



Player

Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Location: A hut in Howness. (GMT+2)

The people of Howness are summoned to the Temple for a proceeding. Tom stands near Helm's idol and after the hall is filled with people, he signals that he is ready to speak, waiting for the crowd to quiet down enough. He then opens with a large voice.

People of Howness.

It is I, Tom Skyfall.

I have been living with you for quite some time now and I'm sure some of you might be curious of who is it that I serve as a paladin.

I was raised and trained by Bahamutians back on the mainland, Sword Coast. As a child, I was interested in dragons and my wish was ,and is still, is to do good in the world, instead of being idle.

I didn't choose Bahamut because of who He is. I came under His service because of who I am.

His will is that all beings strive for good and independence. And what is a better example of independence than a Hownessian? One who has embarked on one of the greatest exodus' in the history of all mankind. An exodus for freedom and the will to make their own destiny.

Forrstakkr became that place where men and women of the human race would show their skills and will to build their own lives, away from the troubles of others. Their simple wish to uphold their own values without bothering others.

How is that selfish? Or bad?

And now demons who wish nothing more than to slaughter and sate their bloodlust are threatening our home.

Those from another plane wish to bring fear, chaos and misery to us!

Well now they will see that on this frozen island, far away from the big world, Hownessians are standing. We didn't want to trouble others. We didn't want to dictate how others live.

The times ahead will be hard. And there will no doubt be pain and loss.

But for all the pain, loss and fear we might be suffering from now..better times will come ahead. And we will look back at these events, and see them as building blocks. Building blocks which will help shape us into something even greater. The hardships that we encounter will help us succeed in the future. And the sacrifices we have made will make that future worth living for.

It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Against this threat, we must all stand together. And now our men and women in the Watch are being given more training and equipment by the Jarldom of Wiltun. They even have some of their own soldiers here helping us against this mutual threat. And thanks to our hard work, Bahamut has blessed us by providing a new ally against the demons. A great prismatic dragon. I have spoken to this dragon myself and She has promised to help us in fighting for our homes against this threat, should we face a heavy attack. And help keep a vigilant watch.

And from our hardships, we will grow stronger. And we will create something truely extraordinary. Something which we will have never dreamed of before.

What other choice do we have?

Leave? Where? What if some other threat manifests there and we have to leave again?

Throw down our arms? And then be killed?

No. We will stand here. This is our home and we will fight to protect it. Just like we have so far against wild beasts, undead and bloodlusting Aurilites.

We will fight for our independence, our lives and our homes we have spent so much time and hard work to build.

We will be given no quarter, but neither shall we give those beasts any! As they deserve!

Helm and Bahamut shall both give us strength to get through these times, but the largest reason why we will succeed will be our own will. Our own indomitable human spirit. And that cannot be destroyed by any mundane weapon.

Bahamut will remind us on making our own destiny. Helm will remind us to be ever vigilant.

Allow me to tell you the dogma of my Lord.

Always be stern and disapproving of evil. Brooks no excuses for evil acts. But even then, be compassionate. Have empathy for the downtrodden, the dispossessed,and the helpless. Promote the cause of good, but let others fight their own battles when they can. To Bahamut, it is better to offer information, healing, or a safe refuge rather than to take others' burden upon oneself. That builds strength. That builds independence. That builds growth. That builds sustainability.

For Forrstakkr! For Howness! For Bahamut and for Helm!

_________________
Characters:
Elder Torsten Eadgarsson
"He’d only shown the best of intentions. Firm but not unreasonable. Eager to protect what was his but not eager to overextend his reach, to push himself on to others."


 
      
gorgometh
 
PostPosted: Tue, Apr 01 2014, 21:09 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Location: Southeast (USA)

As time passes, so do the First Knight's irregular visits to the frozen, northern settlement. He makes it a point not to invade anyone's personal space, obstruct their day to day interactions, or even attend meetings like the one Tom has called, unless invited. However, he does make a very real effort to speak with the township's protectors and denizens should their paths cross.

In addition to the news from home and the supplies that he brings for his men, he has now begun to include regular packages for the town's people. Mainland spices and wares that are secured and given freely to the freshly armed townspeople and those they defend. No matter to whom they are given, a kind word of gratitude for their hospitality and cooperation is also given.

Time spent between his men, the town's people and the ACTF headquarters, the First Knight's trips North are clearly meant for business.


 
      
Estara
 
PostPosted: Wed, Apr 02 2014, 0:01 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 24 Feb 2007

To those paying attention, a blonde woman may be seen occasionally passing through. She seems on friendly enough terms with anyone there, but makes a point to avoid any long conversations aside from one had in the tavern with a certain charismatic paladin.

_________________
'Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein


 
      
Rigela
 
PostPosted: Thu, Apr 03 2014, 8:57 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Location: Grimy Old England

As time went on, the relations of the Hownessians with the Wiltonians seemed to be ever steadily improving, some of the guard finding themselves subjected to the locals own brand of conversation or being invited out to hunt game when they were not on duty. The training provided was taken up by a number who were not yet guards, but seemed to be petitioning to be - and the guard itself was clearly benefiting from all that was offered.

Coupled with the rousing speech from one of their own guardsmen, the people of the town were growing united in their strength and bustling more than it had seen in the recent years. The temple seeing many more attending the evening and morning ceremonies - and priests burdened with the locals need for aid.

While the mood of the town seemed to be improving, a wary eye was still cast out to the once dangerous island and children kept in at night. Despite the lack of activity, fear or what may burst out from the portal was still obvious to any who spent time within Howness

_________________
Image
Signature by Maryn! <3 I am also seen as DM Snuffles.


 
      
Jen Joy
 
PostPosted: Tue, Apr 15 2014, 11:45 AM 



Player

Joined: 18 Feb 2014

It has been for the past few days, that the young Salandran healer known as Meilea has been seen residing in Howness rather frequently, often visiting the Temple of Helm and helping the citizens by serving the rather (in)famous bread that is baked there. She would also offer spiritual guidance to those scared. Meilea's own expression would be rather absent; rarely would he usual smile be plastered on her lips unless she was working. Maybe there is more than meets the eye for why she is there...

_________________
"Haha. Sorry. I was saving someone from death."

Player of:
Meilea Kelleth


 
      
T0mc4t89
 
PostPosted: Wed, Apr 16 2014, 16:26 PM 



Player

Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Location: A hut in Howness. (GMT+2)

Watching over Mei has become one of the many duties for Tom in Howness and even abroad it seems. He makes sure she doesn't have too much time to idle and fall into thought and that she is doing work which gives her a sense of purpose and achievement. He knows how important they are to people like her during times like this.

He talks with Snorri about what Mei can do further for Howness with her clerical abilities.

The stress the young paladin is starting to accumulate from all the work has remain hidden pretty well. Curiously, after making sure Mei is well asleep and everything else is fine for the moment in Howness, he either takes a portal or ship back to Amia, returning the next day refreshed.

_________________
Characters:
Elder Torsten Eadgarsson
"He’d only shown the best of intentions. Firm but not unreasonable. Eager to protect what was his but not eager to overextend his reach, to push himself on to others."


 
      
Aiseth
 
PostPosted: Fri, Apr 18 2014, 21:26 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 21 Dec 2011

Aiseth seems to have been taking the time in Howness to look over several possibilities in one of the rented tower houses; the light house as it were, which stands on the brooks of the ice-capped road dotting the thick northern air with an additional star for those lost in the white of Mountain Firth's shadow (an impressive shadow that pyramids the islands corners and stands as the only noticeable lift west of the Icepeak and above the dense Niflwood which smells of hazelnut and pine.) For several hours a day, she practices magic there in silence; sounds of spells run the walls of that place in claps and whizzes and at the door frame, spectral glows of energy through its seams.

Though she remains no stranger among the people of Howness. Often when her days work is finished, she heads to the Thirsty Marauder before taking a portal to Cordor to sell potions in the Market Hall. Which seemed to be the extent of her weeks ahead. "Hello Milady Aiseth Nosdivan" they would greet her, as her face had become something of a familiar presence even among the grocers and hunters and woodsmen.

As days pass however, something wanes in her methodology of her efforts. The sadness of the Marauder's dilapidated state: splintered furniture and a low water-warped ceiling seems to constrict her concentration on even the most common or off-hand of conversations with the patrons: she becomes notably more introverted between her condensed and unquestionably industrious dailyness, and at this point, Aiseth decides it is not her self which is faltering or beginning to fatigue, but the village itself, that she decides could use some morale beyond the tension outside the village's walls (though these were of course paramount issues.)

Being rich of lumber and rich of men, she would speak to the bartender one night about allowing her people to re-interior the Thirsty Marauder to become more of a town center. She intended to fund the project herself by her own words, in a surprising act of humanitarianism, and offered the suggestion of having the men of Thordstein travel to Howness and be hired to do the work, as surely they could use the gold in their isolated state. It was better after all, to discuss things in comfort than among the company of animals in the Temple of Helm. A small change would perhaps improve my capability to focus on this tedious spell, she thought.

_________________
Image
MuseReader: Aiseth Nosdivan- Master EnchantressImage


 
      
Aiseth
 
PostPosted: Thu, May 08 2014, 19:06 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 21 Dec 2011

"Week One: Geometry"

Aiseth wrote:
Meanwhile somewhere in Ruathym...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
Image
MuseReader: Aiseth Nosdivan- Master EnchantressImage


 
      
Silent2001
 
PostPosted: Thu, May 29 2014, 2:01 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdomshire

((I'm really sorry about the delay in this plot, give me one more week and I'll be active again. Exams, papers, all that shit.))

_________________
Image<3 Maryn
We are going to die and that makes us the lucky ones.


 
      
Aiseth
 
PostPosted: Tue, Jun 03 2014, 21:05 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 21 Dec 2011

"Week Two: Bondage"
Aiseth wrote:
Meanwhile, somewhere in Ruathym...

Image

Image

Image


**evokes, not envokes.

_________________
Image
MuseReader: Aiseth Nosdivan- Master EnchantressImage


 
      
Silent2001
 
PostPosted: Tue, Aug 05 2014, 0:29 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdomshire

No amount of planning, scheming and training could prepare the adventurers for what occurred next on the backwater town of Howness, a harrowing demonic scream sending the locals screaming back into their homes, followed by a crash of thunder! The dust on the gnome's island cleared leaving behind nothing in the least bit demonic, bar the ground the portal once stood. It would appear another scheme has grabbed the demon lord's attention. Howness is safe (at least from the 363rd Layer.)

_________________
Image<3 Maryn
We are going to die and that makes us the lucky ones.


 
      
Aiseth
 
PostPosted: Tue, Aug 05 2014, 1:04 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 21 Dec 2011

*A letter is made into copies as a general announcement placed in the streets of Howness bearing a Raven Seal.*

People of Howness,

Let tomorrow be a day of rejoice. As promised by our emissaries, tonight the threat of demons upon our lands is no more. The demonic portal which previously laid as route to the demon world is no longer a threat to Forrstakkr, Howness, or any of the Middle Ring. Wiltun Iron Guard and Hownessian Watchmen have seen to protecting the proud village of Howness without err. But tragically, the island which had bear your Gnomish neighbors remains lost in the ongoing internal conflicts of demonkind, what is left is a deserted mound that gracious we return to you, the people of Howness, to make use of for your future endeavors. I have personally seen to the island itself with the help of your newly established Watchmen and can confirm that all has been returned to balance, and the realm has been secured. We now look forward to speaking with the Council and Watch to see best how we may continue our joint support for the good island of Forrstakkr and its many people.

Sincerely,
Aiseth Nosdivan
Court Wizard of Wiltun

_________________
Image
MuseReader: Aiseth Nosdivan- Master EnchantressImage


 
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group