View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ] 
DustSpray101

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 19 2013, 3:44 AM 

Player

Word spreads that Cordor North suffered damage due to an angry, surprise raid of a large number of Kobolds today.

By the end of it, 4 guards, the local cart driver, the beloved Gnome merchant of furniture, the farmer, and his young daughter lay dead. Victims of Kobold brutality.

As Cordor begins to mourn the loss of eight brave souls, the people of the Commonwealth begin to demand justice.

666WaysToHell

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 19 2013, 5:02 AM 

Player

In the uniform of the Cordorian Guard Adventuring Division, Corporal Loynis would tell any would-be adventurers there would be some extra coin for them if they clear the Kobold caves. It would not be much coin, compared to the average adventurers wealth, but a reasonable enough reward for new-blood adventurers.

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 19 2013, 8:31 AM 

Player

Locals of Cordor and visitors would recognized none other than Andrew Fryar, Chief of the Bureau of Education and Headmaster of the Blue Skies Academy of Cordor, helping coordinate the defense, directing the many adventures around in cleaning up the stragglers after helping kill a score of kobolds himself. The normally warm teacher then set about gathering the dead and lining them up to be sent to Igor with a cold professionalism.

Through out the day, he passes along reports to officer Philippi.

Marigold Cobcruncher: Perceptive Priestess

Elorathall

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 19 2013, 10:25 AM 

Player

When learning of the attack, Marcus passes trough the area to make a search for any clues as to the reason for the attack.

He then heads to meet with the Guard's overall command.

Aurelius: Sunmaster of Amaunator. Contemplative. Aspirant to Transcendance.
"Sol Invictus"

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 19 2013, 11:01 AM 

Tester

Xarzith, like many other Kobolds makes himself scarce on cordor and the surrounding isle.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 19 2013, 13:08 PM 

Developer

After a period of troubled rest, Kurchin spent some time in the Triumvir stage, dressing himself up. He paints on some fake tribal markings to try and be able to pass as a member of the 'Frontier' kobolds. He spends some 'stage time' honing his 'act'. Such eccentricities weren't uncommon for this kobold, who had before spent such episodes gearing up for a play or act.

When he's done with a cursory performance however, he heads out. Hiding, he goes to infiltrate the mines in which those kobolds lair, with one purpose...

To seek audience with all-watcher Granxien.

PolarBear

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 19 2013, 15:55 PM 

Player

Quietly the Tempuran priest went about surveying the fallen as had been requested that evening. A gentle touch here and there, a soft murmur of disappointment followed by what the keen ear would recognize as a call to Tempus.. one of which would go unanswered as the fallen remained limp and lifeless.

"There is nothing else that can be done for them now, they are either beyond the call of a priest or they do not wish to return to this realm."

Notably the Tempuran still held to the roughly placed front lines just outside of the wall after having seen to the fallen, silent but vigilant in his duty. A brief sneer would creep upon his features when Marcus had come and gone, a glance to Andrew with a bitter shake of his head.

"Let us hope that this is not the defense they have to look forward to old friend."

Idly he tapped his fingertips against the hilt of one of his many blades, a surveying gaze taking in the farmers, common folk and adventurers alike. A few moments passed in silence as he simply observed before raising his voice...

"For those who wish to aide in the defense of the city, your city.. I have an abundance of weaponry I will lend you for the time, and enough training to see you able to wield it. This is your city, it is time you stood up and took the initiative to defend you and your's."

Spirit of Rock

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 19 2013, 17:37 PM 

Player

Rauer Dalven awoke the day after the attack, tired and shaken. He'd desperately hoped it had just been a bad dream, but the smell of smoke lingering around his singed clothes, and the burns on his hands, told him otherwise. The memory of the dead still shook him. It had been a long time since he had seen innocents killed so brutally.

He'd done his best to help recover the dead and put out the fires, but he'd felt useless. They had no idea who or what was driving the kobolds. Anger was an unfamiliar emotion to the young gnome, but it bubbled up inside him. Urdlen digs his first burrow, he mused, resolving to never allow himself to be so weak again. Grabbing his meagre savings, he firmly decides to find a good weapon as soon as possible, and bloody well learn how to use it.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 19 2013, 18:30 PM 

Player

Smoke from the North... guards running back and forth, yelling commands in between shouts of "FIRE!".

Luckily many brave adventurers aided the guards, putting out the burning trees. Traps started to trigger, acid began to melt the grass and bark and partially some armor of those putting out the fire. Breathing was hard due to the smoke from the fire and the gas traps triggered, which also spurred the fire.

One tree a little to the side, across the bridge, now is shattered into scorched pieces of wood as it was crushed under the heavy weight of an ice storm. Something the already damaged tree could no longer handle.

The linguist seems missing for now. Rumors say he was wounded by a poisoned dart but luckily saved by a drow priestess and now is resting in the temple. It is said he already announced though, that he will not return to his old spot, but rather move behind the safety of the walls.

The fire was put out before it could spread over the Bramble woods or even towards the city. However, the area now looks no longer beautiful to behold.

The guards returned to their posts as the fires were put out and the traps removed. They now watch every kobold entering the city with suspicion and seem very alert.

PolarBear

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 19 2013, 21:46 PM 

Player

Arms folded comfortably against his chest the Tempuran simply observed the scene of blazing trees and shrubbery alike from the safety of the small bridge. A faint smirk formed as he observed the adventuring sorts frantically running about shouting for buckets or here and there resorting to using a shield to scoop water from the stream in an effort to quench the flames.

"Mm... I did suggest putting those guards to use. Three magi on payroll just in this vicinity and not one thinks to summon up an elemental to make this all come to a smoother end."

Raising a hand to caress his goatee he simply continued to watch as the situation grew a bit further out of hand before the warlord shifted into a golem just beyond the wall, and another began flinging spells of ice toward the flames of tree and shrubbery alike.

"Already they lose control... a simple fire and a terrible tactical attack and they fall to pieces."

Leaning away from the comfort of his post along the bridge he simply turned and wandered off with a curt nod to a pair of the more civilized kobolds that frequented the city.

"Do enjoy the show."

Elorathall

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 19 2013, 23:53 PM 

Player

A wave of kobolds surged from the northern frontier but were apparantly soundly crushed before they even reached the outer walls. In the aftermath, it seems the bridge across the stream had been trapped by a remnant of the attack - and subsequently destroyed by clumsy adventurers.

Aurelius: Sunmaster of Amaunator. Contemplative. Aspirant to Transcendance.
"Sol Invictus"

PhantomDream

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 20 2013, 0:02 AM 

Player

As the linguist from north of Cordor seeks a place of rest and solitude in the Temple of Love, from the ongoing attacks from the kobolds, the High Priestess of Sune makes sure he's being taken care of expertly. She offers him a cot, some warm bedding, and food.

As she leaves the man alone, to tend to his own daydreams, she studies the main doors with a contemplated look. With Kurchin and Andrew at her side, debating their options, they have come to a somewhat logical conclusion. There needs to be temporary guards placed before the entry way to the Temple, to protect the house of worship. She makes mental note to prepare a letter to Xaveria with that decision in mind.

In saying that, a celestial being named "Avangeline" can be seen present at the doorway of the temple when the High Priestess of Sune is there and available. She has no weapons drawn, but it is obvious she is there for a reason. She looks regal, beautiful, and stoic. She does not address any, except if you are perhaps a kobold.

((Avangeline is Kay's Epic Summon. She's only there when Kay is!))

Sunkin Sheep

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 20 2013, 1:36 AM 

Player

The high amount of foot traffic along the Frontier path to the Kobold Hills has attracted unwanted predators into the area. Folks tongues begin waving about a Wereboar roaming the areas around there.

Laika-Unknown

Elvawen

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 20 2013, 6:07 AM 

Player

A woman dressed in leathers bleached white strode up the way to the Commonwealth's City Hall, a penned letter in hand and sealed with pressed wax. She gave it to the nearest aide, the letter being addressed to the highest officer commanding the oversight of the situation in northern Cordor, and left just as quickly as she'd arrived.
//PM sent//

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 29 2013, 3:21 AM 

Developer

As Kurchin rests in the Triumvir, still trying to help things along there with the actors, a good deal of his mind is pondering the problems dealing with Cordor and the kobolds.

I can't take this too quickly, if I do I'll just get Cordor to hate me for trying to find a peaceful solution. Grenxien and their tribe aren't much more sensible, continuing to attack people on the roads and somehow oblivious to the damage it's going to do to a peaceful solution.

So I've been taking the subtle route, going through friends, I hope it will be enough. Such a strategy is slower, but it's not going to work if either side rushes to action, which is likely what's going to happen. I know I have averted some expeditions to the kobold lair but I hope it's enough to make Grenxien reconsider. And I sincerely hope he upholds his end of the bargain.

Still, I'm starting to get worried things are going out of control. I've already been attacked openly in Cordor twice now, the latter time in which the guard did absolutely nothing. I'm thankful Verielia was able to help the first time. Still, it looks like she's leaving for Wiltun. The guard is getting less competant and more brutal by the day. People are getting more aggressive. Marcus couldn't have betrayed Nevaeh at a worse time, damn him. The last unit of the guard that was competant and non corrupt is now effectively defunct.

Part of me has thought I should just abandon this, my place is in the Triumvir, not a battlefield. Still... I've come this far, I might as well see it through.

I just hope that a lasting peace can be secured, and will do what I can to help secure it.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 02 2013, 20:35 PM 

Player

A message is posted outside the walls and docks of Cordor and passed along in pamphlet form on the streets of the city.
Orders wrote:
Good people of Amia,
Word has undoubtably reached all corners of this island that Kobolds have committed acts of terror against our great Commonwealth. In retaliation, our good citizens have been moved to take up arms against Kobolds that are not related to these heinous attacks. As such, let it be known that all Kobolds will be barred entry to Cordor, effective immediately, for their safety as well as our own. This is the will of the people and will be enforced by the Ministry of Law. I urge all citizens to pray to Waukeen for the continued good fortune of our troops as we move to defend our great Commonwealth and all of its citizens from all threats. Good fortune bless you in this most troubling of times.

Speaker J. Maximilian

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 03 2013, 3:44 AM 

Developer

Kurchin, when he finds out in the Triumvir, is notably disappointed. He spends much of his time in quiet contemplation, and writing.

I suppose it was inevitable, stuck in between two sides with precious little sense to either of them. I can hope peace and happiness wins though I think there will be yet more pointless destruction and misery to come. But, regardless, I doubt that there is anything else I can do.

A deep breath.

After all, I have responsibilities here, and I will do what I can to keep this place tranquil in these turbulent times.

And he no longer uses the red portal lamp.

Fierene Havenstar

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 03 2013, 20:10 PM 

Player

Deep in the Kobold caves near the Amia Frontier a small group moves unseen through the caves. Their enchantments keep them from being seen and they are careful to avoid moving too close to any kobolds they encounter. Groups of proud looking Kobold warriors and clerics are left to go about their lives since they are not attacked. When the group reaches the High Priests chamber it is vacant. A piece of parchment is left behind.

Their exit was something other than backtracking through the Kobolds domain or climbing to the surface.

//PM Sent

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2013, 4:40 AM 

Player

A small display appears outside of the Headmaster's office in the Blue Skies Academy of Cordor. A small, carved sapphire rests in a silver stand. There's plenty of room on the display for at least a dozen such mementos. A small inscription beneath the trinket, into the wooden shelf, reads "In Memory of Cindy Hillside".

Marigold Cobcruncher: Perceptive Priestess

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2013, 15:25 PM 

Player

Passers by may notice an increased presence of Cordorian Guards at the ruined tower in the frontier. Steady patrols are also seen along the road from Cordor to Guldorand. This route takes them from Cordor, through the Amian Frontier, along the south gate and wall of Bendir Dale and through the Skull Crags.

They nod approvingly to any people seen slaying Kobolds near their station in the Frontier as well as on their patrols.

Ravenovf

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 09 2013, 14:45 PM 

Player

Hidden from sight by magic Akantha stalked and prowled across the wild places of Amia and down a little known passage that linked the caverns of the orcs to the kobold caves. Kurtulmaks Idol her destination. There it stood in a dark side cave, at its feet bones and long dry stains of blood. There at the base of the ramp way that lead to the Idol of the kobold god she set about her dastardly work. Five candles, Red, Blue, Green, Black and White were set at points as to make a pentagram. Each Candle had a fleck of gemstone of corresponding color in its wax flesh, each a sacrifice to Tiamat as they burned away. At the heart of this a note written in draconic in chromatic shades of ink was left buried under a pile of coins. Akantha then knelt in quiet prayer in draconic.

"My lady, the Nemesis, who devours the hypocrites of man and god alike, I offer of you this that your greed fall upon the men of Cordor and not your smallest children, let the men of Cordor who helped foil your Darkflight and lay low your Hold of Wyrms once more taste the fear of the Nemesis and languish before her irresistible greed!"

Her prayers done she slowly stood and left as she had come. The burning candles and note remaining. A note that had a simple message, or perhaps more a suggestion.

Sap their walls, dig at their foundations, breach the rocks below their feet, mankind never expects a threat to rise from the earth. Where the merchants of man gather, slip in silence and shadow from caves and tunnels dug below.With traps and tricks lay there in, soften them, weaken them. There where the merchants bark you will find the most treasure to loot, food to be stolen, slaves to be captured for barter.Make the soft skins pay, take what you deserve, kill them for they would smash your eggs if allowed!

On the back of the page could be found a very crude layout of Cordors districts.

The Daughter of the dragon was no longer beholden to her deal with Neveah now that she had left. The deep well of spite in her black heart was eager to see strife among her fathers enemies and betrayers.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 19 2013, 3:07 AM 

Player

The members of the Alpha Division of Cordor's guard, in conjunction with mercenary support, have at last seen an end to the Kobold Menace of the Frontier. What remains of the once prominent Kobold tribe in the area are simply those waylaid by enterprising Goblins that move swiftly across the Amian Frontier.

Coinciding with this auspicious occasion, a blight has befallen Cordor. Over the course of the day, all mundane items forged of iron and steel found themselves suddenly aged and rusted.

Grymia

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 19 2013, 7:17 AM 

Player

Having recieved a sample of the iron kept in VERY careful care from someone who had visited Cordor, Tuomas began analyzing the rusting iron, having heard later from the same person of a way to rectify it he did however use his skill in the Art to cast a "Vision" to query of the Weave a singular question.

"Where can the source of this Iron Rot afflicting Cordor be found?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]