View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
ainjyll

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 24 2011, 1:01 AM 

Player

Rumors abound around the isle about a small group of travelers who tout themselves as the forerunners of a world-renowned carnival that is scheduled to arrive on the Amia Isles in the near future. If the gossip mill is to be believed, they made their first stop at Bendir Dale where they received a less than savory reception from the mayor of the small Hin town. Without a cross word or an ill intent, the small band packed up their belongings and moved on down the road to another stop nearby. They were, however, quite vague about where that next stop would be, but they left in the direction of the foothills of the Skull Crags.

"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell and I stood there all by myself." -Hank III

Homunculus

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 26 2011, 2:45 AM 

Player

"Why would they leave if fun and entertainment is all people need, now that the slavers have been more of a bother than ever?"

Questions like these kept Ilias wondering, trying to understand why te hinkfolk would turn down a generous chance for happiness so easily, simply because of a couple of simple laws. Being the more enthousiastic one in the crowd, during the fiasco in Bendir, he tried advising the carnival travellers to head in the direction of Kampo's Storehouse, but as they left he would return to his daily routine, wandering thgouht the Amian Woods.

He will keep an eye and an ear open for any sign of them, but he won't get his hopes up too high. There's more fun to be found elsewhere if you go out searching for it. Who knows, maybe he'll even bump into the travelers while he's at it!

TheGoddessOfAmazing©

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 26 2011, 12:43 PM 

Player

A little woman in a fine dress makes a point of trying to follow along where the caravan travels.

ainjyll

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 28 2011, 3:19 AM 

Player

The small group of performers aren't hard to follow as they meander their way slowly through the Amian countryside with no real discernible destination. After several days, the small group wanders it's way into the outskirts of Wharfown and makes camp.

Within a matter of moments, some of the residents of Wharftown have gathered around as the small Hin tumbler juggles and performs small acts of sleight-of-hand to amuse the children in the town. Within a matter of several hours, adventurers begin to arrive, word having spread via the cart drivers to who knows where on the isle.

As the crowd grows larger the Hin stops performing for the children and turns her attention on the rest of the growing audience. Her energetic personality almost visibly bubbles as she banters back and forth for a small time. As the show progresses, each of the performers takes their turn. Fortunes are read complete with dark futures for only the ears of those offering their palms to be read. A stone table is shattered as the Half-Orc strongman goes toe-to-toe with a monstrous Iron Golem in an arm-wrestling match. Lastly, the Hin tumbler performs an act of juggling such as has never been seen on the Amian Isles.

With a few bows, the crowd disperses and the small troupe of performers circles their small campfire for a meal. After they finish, the troupe walks lazily through Wharftown, smiling to the people they meet. Always quick with a wink and a joke, the small Hin seems to be almost like the Ring Master of the small group, almost always the one speaking and voicing whatever silent concerns the others may have. Whether her leadership is true or she is just overly excitable and quick of the tongue hasn't been decided by the locals.

As the sun sets, it finds our small troupe bedding down for the night. With the sunrise, the troupe is gone. The only evidence of their passing being a small ring of stones and ashes where their fire once was.

"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell and I stood there all by myself." -Hank III

Elorathall

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 29 2011, 21:40 PM 

Player

As news of the troupe begins to spread, Elor takes note and pays special attention to any rumours or facts about the troupe's next appearance.

Aurelius: Sunmaster of Amaunator. Contemplative. Aspirant to Transcendance.
"Sol Invictus"

Kudark

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 08 2011, 17:28 PM 

Player

Crow and Cassandra spot the escaped ape monkey in Amia forest and track it west, and south to the mylock territory, where the tracks become too difficult to follow. The creature leaves a bloody path of destruction and death, forest animals and tribal gnomes alike, are ripped to shreds.
Crow later searches for the creature, and the coward carnival leader, who left his family to die, so he could run and live.

Kalecgos

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 08 2011, 17:35 PM 

Player

Valignatir studied the bodies after the carnage the ape had left behind, deeming the dead unraisable with his current level of magic power. "If Vali raises them, they begs to be dead again. Vali not powerful enough to heal big injuries." Azibo and Vali were the only two left after all had dispersed to go their own way or track down the ape. Vali had noticed one body missing: that of the ring leader. Vali suggested that Azibo look for signs of leaving the area and he found obvious signs of retreat into the Amia Forest. The pair of kobolds followed as far as they could until Valignatir needed to retire for the night. "What a day! Go to see circus and end up accounting for dead and tracking coward," Vali said to himself as he returned to the Quagmire caves. "Vali not know why surfacers use TINY ropes on BIG ape. Vali see everything coming, yip."

Homunculus

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 09 2011, 2:46 AM 

Player

Ilias can be seen scouting the Amian woods area for some tracks of the carnival leader. In his free time he would travel from town to town to ask the people about him.

Tel'void

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 09 2011, 3:37 AM 

Player

Azibo Niji'vix, Traveled after the destruction, taking care to look for the Coward Ringleader, with little luck, The Ringleader's Trail having already gone Chillingly Cold, he leaves the forest, a wolf trailing along growling in sensing his companions anger, Azibo nods to the wolf with a frown, wiping a Tear, "If Only, I hads acted sooner, perhaps all this coulds have been avoided, Asmo.." He Scratches the wolf behind his ear as he talks to the wolf, walking off into the dense brush of the Forest, The Lone Kobold, heading off with a Saddened Anger, resting to forget the sad Day, and to look forward to his future..

~Characters~

Noirel 'Whisper' Illith'vir - The Ex-Slave Tiefling
& 'Ghost' of Cordor's Underground

Zork Dreadtooth 'Skullbasher' - Skullbasher Goblin Shaman.

Cyril "Aabezeth" di'Wys'sparil d'Zau'lyl

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 09 2011, 9:14 AM 

Player

Malandria increases her patrols around the forest, looking for the gorilla with her feline companions.

ainjyll

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 10 2011, 2:30 AM 

Player

Rumors abound about the isle about a quartet of individuals consisting of a hin, a half-orc an elf and a human. They seem to have recently visited several small villages, Uhm and Guldorand being counted among them, over the past few days. They were also recently spotted near the Cordor Festival Grounds, though they seem to have turned away after spotting the sign saying the grounds were temporarily closed. No reports mention anything about them being in the company of any type of animal... other than the occasional references to the half-orc.

Homunculus

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 10 2011, 19:32 PM 

Player

Having heard the rumour Ilias starts to wonder if one of these would be the eloped leader he was looking for. Keeping his eyes and ears open for more rumours he promises himself to look out for the quartets next performance.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]