View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
DustSpray101
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 09 2011, 7:16 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Location: Night Vale

Recently the coastlines of the northern half of Amia have been ravaged by freak storms and attacks by monstrous sea creatures.

_________________
Eli Hodgewall <{/,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~X
Sven <=={o===========>
Qeelak \ | / ,


 
      
Kudark
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 09 2011, 8:57 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

One of the rangers of Oakmist Vale does his best to protect the lands, and people he cares for, by battling the multitude of creatures from the sea. He cleans his armor often lately, of the sticky stench of rotting jellyfish, kraken, and shark. His fighting prowess takes him across the lands, and even into the sea itself, in search of this new threat to his home and loved ones.
He sighs wearily as the daily problems of the forest take their toll on his energy, yet he stands tall at the sight of the dangers, when they arise to confront him.

_________________
Image


 
      
DerkDerkistan
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 09 2011, 9:14 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Location: Earth

A raven-haired sun elf sits in her room at the Slanty Shanty, looking over a piece of driftwood. She then pens a letter...

I hope this letter finds you well. I have a favor to ask of you. I need to speak with the dockmaster here and see if I can access shipping records to try and unravel this Umberlite druid mystery.

Is there any way you can assist me in this?

Thank you,
Cilessa Isylunae


The letter is then slipped under the door of a certain pale-skinned woman's house....

_________________
Remember when I knew a boxer, baby


 
      
Amarice-Elaraliel
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 09 2011, 13:17 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 20 Jan 2006

Having spoken to Crow, Cilessa and some others about the recent events, Malandria prepares some special gear before she heads off to Kohlingen to find Yaston.

_________________
Image
Image


 
      
ValkinMulgin
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 09 2011, 14:29 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Location: Australia

*since the first incursion of umberlee whisper has been there, his bow lending aid to all those who would battle against the awakened kraken and vile creatures transformed by the druid bent on enforcing submission to his patron faith.

In the battle many have fallen to the monstrous creatures of the depths, an yet whisper and his comrades thus far proven the victors. Yet with each victory it would seem as if there are not closer to an end to the violence, the death's of so many creatures of the sea, and all a tribute to the sea bitch or is more at play.

Thus far the dark storms and death have rained down upon minimar bridge halting trade and commerce. With the intervention of brave adventures the cargo of precious grain secured, an yet the rains did come again and again until blood stained the grounds an the stench of rotting sea beast filled the air.

Since the first attack the storms have gathered over the shrine to the dark dancer itself, the symbol of Umberlee etched in the door to the resting chamber. Its message was then perhaps clear or so it would seem that all those who resisted would not be safe.

Soon the dark storms and the giant awakened kraken attacked the main amian shipping lane laying waste to vessels an disrupting trade. A mighty title wave did make landfall on the cost of actand that very same day, perhaps it was luck that stopped the wave short of the towns foke or perhaps this wave but a warning of what was to come.

Soon-after this the salandran temple was attacked, the vile tentacles of the sea beast sprawling forth and taking many into the depths with it, an yet brave whisper showed no fear, and dove into the depths to combat the druid and seas beast alike. An so it fled but not for long, for umberless servants eyes set on wharftown.

It was hear the kraken was ended... but perhaps the threat still lingers to our fair amia.

But one thing was certain, whisper would be there to stop it...

_________________
If i am not about when you are, but you would like to RP with Valkin, chose a time in red (GMT+8) / add character name PM me ICLY/OCC :) :http://teamup.com/ks662ccbfedda01eb0/


Last edited by ValkinMulgin on Tue, Sep 13 2011, 3:42 AM, edited 1 time in total.

 
      
wereguy2
 
PostPosted: Sat, Sep 10 2011, 5:41 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Tarich is seen randomly wandering the area, seemingly aimlessly. Anyone who asks would learn that he is, in his own words, "Patrolling for evil druids and Karkens." He readily identifies himself as "Grandmaster Tarich Swift, the one who saved the day."

_________________
Image


 
      
ValkinMulgin
 
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 11 2011, 11:51 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Location: Australia

*it would seem that the storms not yet over an yet as they arrived they left without even a single sea creature emerging from the depths, an yet whisper did follow the clouds as they left, across sea by boat and with his portal rod close at hand he tracked them to the coast of Craigh a small abandoned inn.

It was in the shadows darkness of the lands end inn that they found a secret trapdoor leading to hidden sea caves, an with this the temple of umberlee itself. It was hear the robbed man was encounter, the one supposedly behind it all, he knelt in prayer to his queen an despite the interruption he did so continue his prayers.

Whisper seeming to lose control of himself, fueled by the fire this druid started in whispers heart, shouted out at the druid "You are a criminal, an your desecration of my peoples shrine, and the attacks upon the fair people of Amia will not go unpunished". It seemed though that others had reason for pause and did so try to question this zealot of Umberlee.

It was not long however before Whisper had notched his bow an had it aimed on the druid, his anger fueled by the attacks on his friends and his new home at the shrine, he was determined to end this hear, an so he let his arrows fly. It was only then it became apparent in this sacred place of Umberlee that he was protected as whispers arrows and others attacks did almost nothing to the druid, an so he suggested a wicked deal.

The old robed man suggested those present kill whisper and in exchange he would leave there homes alone an only the shrine of elistreen would suffer his wrath, for a moment it seemed some considered an yet without word one took this deal a black arches only reply was his sword drawn as he beat down on whisper.

For a moment it seemed whispers life was to end, but Alric did save him, as he flung a spell causing the maddened elven archer to run in fear, an his pet cougar then proceeded to savage the fleeing Black Archer. whisper vowed to repay this favor but then tried to draw attention back to this old druid before it was to late, although it seemed there was little that could be done.

The druid "fled" with whisper taunting him, he fled again, like the coward he seems to be. An so the hunt continues an whisper will get his man.*


_________________
If i am not about when you are, but you would like to RP with Valkin, chose a time in red (GMT+8) / add character name PM me ICLY/OCC :) :http://teamup.com/ks662ccbfedda01eb0/


 
      
DustSpray101
 
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 11 2011, 11:53 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Location: Night Vale

Following a fateful meeting, a storm front forms in the Sea of Swords. It approaches from the upper east coastline of Amia. Its closest edge visible from Benwick Hollow, Actand, and some of the taller buildings of Kohlingen. Brilliant displays of lightning give the storm system an eerie glow as it slowly moves towards Amia's North Eastern coast...

_________________
Eli Hodgewall <{/,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~X
Sven <=={o===========>
Qeelak \ | / ,


 
      
Ratselhaft
 
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 11 2011, 12:28 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2010
Location: Albion

Hearing of the rumours spreading around Kohlinghen, Sir Aethelred Bryn grabs his telescope he obtained in Caraigh and climbs the stairs to the tallest towers of the keep. There he extends the telescope and checks out towards the sea. Afterwhich he sends word to all the guards about a possible storm approaching and to "batten down the hatches!" as a precaution, for where it may make landfall in the North East is unknown as yet.


 
      
ValkinMulgin
 
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 11 2011, 13:00 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Location: Australia

Whisper stands vigilant in his duty to protect the shrine and his friends, spending many hours a the peak of the shrine looking out across the sea for any signs of danger.

_________________
If i am not about when you are, but you would like to RP with Valkin, chose a time in red (GMT+8) / add character name PM me ICLY/OCC :) :http://teamup.com/ks662ccbfedda01eb0/


 
      
epicbossmode
 
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 11 2011, 13:05 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 18 Aug 2011

The "maddened" (not really) worshipper of The Night Hunter mused over the proposition the druid posed - it was an easy choice for him; to slay the loudmouth dhaerow whom he had urges to in the first place or to allow the druid a benefit of doubt. The very fact that the dhaerow possessed the ability to fire enchanted arrows mocked the sacred archery arts granted solely by Solonor onto elves cemented his decision that this sacrilege should be put down irregardless of whether or not the druid of Umberlee would fulfill his bargain.

As Venorik threatened using his house as a means of dissuasion; the elf drew his elvish saber irregardless and leaped forth with it - honing onto the drow arcane archer with deadly killing intent.

Thrusting the saber repeatedly against Venorik, his strikes pierced the drow in several places.Thus, mortally wounding it - however...

As the last killing blow was about to land - the murmurings of a completed spell of Fear from the Wiltun guard was heard. Inducing a frightening image into the mind of the elf, he flees the room - eventually to be mauled to death by the guard's pursuing feline as the spell's effect continued.

Moments later, the elf is revived by another kin in the group as the ordeal comes to an end; immediately withdrawing from the scene whilst the group preoccupied itself with the fleeing druid.

_________________
Slaenvir - Quessir Fanatic
Karavas - Wonky elf bastard


 
      
Nex_addo
 
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 11 2011, 13:51 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 May 2007
Location: New Zealand

'Alaric would lie awake in his bed thinking about the events. And whether he took the right action. Lying in the Wiltun barracks he'd often look up at the others sleeping hoping that one was awake so he could speak to them. Unfourantly they were either asleep or too deep in thought themselves to notice him stir'


 
      
Dieu_Le_Fera
 
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 11 2011, 16:44 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 29 Jun 2009
Location: Philadelphia

no dancing for thysaeryl tonight... her ankle throbbed due to having to stand on it to counter the druid... so she took two of the seeds given to her by the arch-druid of the grove instead of one despite the warning given... some say elves can't sleep and they would be wrong thysaeryl was out cold curled into a ball on the floor in the corner of the barracks ... she would seem quite peaceful despite the lack of comforts

_________________
Image

"It is by the holy beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning, it is by Java alone that I set my mind in motion."


 
      
AlannaMolov
 
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 11 2011, 20:13 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Location: 'illadelph

Alanna is a much more visible presence in the Wharftown Docks. She talks with fishermen and traders, warning them of the renewed activity of the Bitch Queen. She advises them that hiring adventurers to accompany them on their journeys would help protect them from the strange creatures that they might fall victim to otherwise, and offers the names of trustworthy folk.

She also says to be very careful of the weather, wary of sudden storms, and to take no risks.

"Lives are worth more than coin. Please, be careful."

_________________
Alanna of Wharftown, Captain of the Hands of Ieriyn

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."


Image


 
      
Izzzt
 
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 11 2011, 22:01 PM 



Player

Joined: 15 Dec 2008
Location: Rochester, New York, USA

A certain aging half-elf clad in armor formed of dull blue scales can be found often enough sitting atop one of the benches on the cliffside flanking the docks of Wharftown, "keeping watch" as it were. Sometimes, a bear of monstrous proportions comes to sit beside him and glare at the open water, but it shambles off into the nearby woods and wilderness before it attracts too much attention.

This particular halfbreed watchman's efforts might bare more fruit for the town, if it weren't for the fact that half the time he can be found dozing at his selfproclaimed "post".

_________________
Plays as:
Richard Branno: Helmite Turnipfarmer
Herial Ghalen: The Merriest Man on Amia


 
      
Moonfighter
 
PostPosted: Mon, Sep 12 2011, 6:57 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 21 Jul 2011

Ansrivarr sits close to Kampo's Warehouse, looking out into the water. He contemplates his own experiences with the strange happenings of late, aswell as what Slaenvir has told him about the last storm.

"Perhaps there is a way to take advantage of that deal," Ansrivarr ponders in his mind. Time would tell. No doubt he would keep watch for the next storm; and he had no doubt that the Dhaerow would too.

_________________
Ansrivarr - Black Archer


 
      
Ulir
 
PostPosted: Mon, Sep 12 2011, 20:39 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Mar 2009

Wandering the lengths of Amia, a certain robed figure takes notice of the storms and murmurs that a new era is about to begin.

Talos.. is.. here..

_________________
Image


 
      
DustSpray101
 
PostPosted: Tue, Sep 13 2011, 2:33 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Location: Night Vale

The storm is on the move, albiet slowly. Those with keen eyes can see a funnel within its center... Precisely where it will make landfall is yet unknown with any certainty, however, it appears that it will miss the bulk of Kohlingen and hit somewhere around Benwick Hollow or possibly Actand. Wherever it will fall, the edge of the storm will likely be there in the next two days.

_________________
Eli Hodgewall <{/,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~X
Sven <=={o===========>
Qeelak \ | / ,


 
      
ValkinMulgin
 
PostPosted: Tue, Sep 13 2011, 3:41 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Location: Australia

Whisper stands outside the shire, many stands ready to confront the storm, many consider various ways to combat what is to come, how to end this threat to amia, but whisper feels as if what is to come will be far worse than anything we can conceive, ever since the druid showed its power whisper as considered taking his own life, considered paying the debt himself in hopes of saving his shrine and those he cares for deeply.

_________________
If i am not about when you are, but you would like to RP with Valkin, chose a time in red (GMT+8) / add character name PM me ICLY/OCC :) :http://teamup.com/ks662ccbfedda01eb0/


 
      
Gers
 
PostPosted: Tue, Sep 13 2011, 4:07 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 30 Apr 2005
Location: Kentucky, USA

Jud can be seen at the Shrine's highest point with a sextant, a charcoal pencil, and some paper, taking some measurments and estimates in an attempt to determine the size of the stormfront, and it's approximate distance and diameter.

_________________
Image
Named Most Influential Character, Amia Awards 2011


 
      
Nivo
 
PostPosted: Tue, Sep 13 2011, 15:18 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Location: East of Elsewhere, West of Sometime

"Marcus, can you get me my spellbook..."

"Which one, daddy?"

"The one with the blue etchings, ah, not that one..."

"This one?"

"Mhm, that's the one. And, some parchment. I have to send a few letters."

"Of course. What spell are you studying, daddy?"

"Oh, its a good one. Its called 'Control Weather.'"

"What's it do, daddy?"

"Well..."

In a small room at the Mystran hall in Kohlingen, Ulrik pours over his spellbook, gesturing and explaining to an ever-inquisitive half-elven boy looking over his shoulder the entire time.

_________________
Playing:
Marcus Valis
Norendir


 
      
red_baron
 
PostPosted: Tue, Sep 13 2011, 15:45 PM 



Player

Joined: 02 Sep 2011

Thayne hector (red Baron) in one of your travels to kohligen see, the storm and try aproach to the local.
-Strange storm, nothing that coming of sea of sword is good.
Talk to a citizen in kohligen.


 
      
Grymia
 
PostPosted: Tue, Sep 13 2011, 18:32 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Location: Kohlingen, and a Basement in Canada

While Tuomas didn't have the aid of a little plodding Half-Elven boy, he certainly kept a good order on his spellbooks, pulling out one with the spell 'Control Weather' and ensuring he had a preparation of it, as he sat in the guildhall.


 
      
Ravenovf
 
PostPosted: Tue, Sep 13 2011, 19:54 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia (in Canada)

Erelkacha sat in Prayer as the storm drew near her mind focused on the divine powers her faith granted her. Lower Water and Control Weather prayers were the foremost in what was asked though in truth unless she could find an expert on weather systems and how to counter them she held little illusion that anyone short of another druid or several druids of great power could take control of this storm from the one who called it.t

Her home her family and countless innocents in Silent Bay were at risk against an enemy who commanded the very sky and sea. If there was ever a time for people to work together this was it, even if the Storm could be stopped (and she hoped beyond hope that it could) this foe commanded the intelligence of beings from parts of the sea so deep so dark and so alien that they were every bit as terrible as the Deepest Underdark. This was not going to be easy and no matter the outcome there would be blood.

She steeled her nerves and opened her eyes as her prayers finished, she drew her sword and grimly took a silent vigil overlooking the sea from the Shrine. She had prayed to her goddess for strength against this evil, prayed to her for what few spells might blunt the force of the enemies attack. As she gazed at the horizon she did something uncommon of her something born of fear for innocent lives and the place she called home. She prayed in silence to Deep Sashelas a silent plea that the Dolphin Prince aid the shrine of the elf fathers daughter and the innocents of silent bay in the path of the bitch queens fury.

She swallowed her fear and then clinched her fists knowing that the next god she would pray to would have no patience for desperation or whimpering cries. She stood facing the whipping wind that cascaded in from the sea the herald of terrible things to come. Steeled, her heart full of righteous fury she roared into the head wind "Valkur the Mighty you know not my goddess, nor my people, but we and many others who call Silent Bay home stand against the bitch queens ferocity! You've a will of iron and balls of steel to go with it! We will stand against the fury of the Sky and Sea as you who would spit in Talos's good eye and call umberlee for the ugly bitch she is! We stand as you stand against these foes and weather your presence be strong or just an albatross feather upon the wind we stand with you Captain of Captains!"

Though some clerics might have balked at showing such respect or even offering pray to another god, friendship was the way of Eilistraee and Erelkacha knew in her heart that Eilistraee knew that her priestess loved her most of all.


 
      
DustSpray101
 
PostPosted: Wed, Sep 14 2011, 6:36 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Location: Night Vale

The storm draws ever nearer. As it does so, the winds around Benwick, Actand, and Kohlingen's southern lands begin to pick up. The area experiences a steady breeze that is growing larger coming in off of the water. While not impeding life as of yet, the wind whips the waves into whitecaps and makes traveling the area by boat more difficult, but not impossibly so.

_________________
Eli Hodgewall <{/,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~X
Sven <=={o===========>
Qeelak \ | / ,


 
      
Ulir
 
PostPosted: Wed, Sep 14 2011, 6:57 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Mar 2009

A robed figure keeps an eye on the horizon, murmuring prayers to Talos every so often. He would find outlooks or other high points in the landscape to watch the storm draw nearer. Occasionally he would call down lightning bolts from the amassing clouds to set ablaze any form of structure that bears a mark of civilization, shouting out to the Stormlord in his ecstacy of destruction, to then depart from the scene of the crime and appear in new regions he expects the storm to be.

// Edit: Sorry, was mostly cottages and smaller stuff you find abandoned.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Ulir on Wed, Sep 14 2011, 7:38 AM, edited 1 time in total.

 
      
Kudark
 
PostPosted: Wed, Sep 14 2011, 7:05 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Crow watches the storm and tracks its path. He travels to the Shrine of Eillistraee often now, to help defend his friends, if the need arises. He would help to prepare Oakmist Vale for times of trouble as well.

_________________
Image


 
      
DustSpray101
 
PostPosted: Wed, Sep 14 2011, 7:13 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Location: Night Vale

The clouds, still out at sea in Umberlee's domain, refuse the Talassan's call. However, the next fish he attempts to eat tastes foul and decomposed, no matter how well prepared it may have been.

((Also, Ulir, if you wish to do that sort of thing, let a DM know in game to go through the RP for it.))

_________________
Eli Hodgewall <{/,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~X
Sven <=={o===========>
Qeelak \ | / ,


 
      
Amarice-Elaraliel
 
PostPosted: Wed, Sep 14 2011, 12:25 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 20 Jan 2006

As Elana, Fey'ana and Malandria travelled to the Shrine the other day, the chultan kept her gaze on the coulds out on the ocean, pondering about the current situation. Of course the Grove offered the Shrine their aid and after a lenghtly discussion with Kacha it would seem they may have reached a conclusion aswell. At least the druidess expression, while still showing worry, had lightened up a tiny bit as she returned to the forest.

_________________
Image
Image


 
      
Drakos_Vek
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 15 2011, 3:40 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Sep 2006

Resting on a stool, smoking pipe in hand, Drakos Vek calmly watched the approaching storm. He had been tracking the previous events in person, observing the actions of this druid first-hand. The outpost on the Sandy Beach Cliffs made a useful place to watch for the storms, he admitted to himself as he strode a step forward and looked through the telescope. It was said that this storm was larger than any of the other recent ones, with that in mind, if the force was big, logic dictated that the target be big as well. Idly, Drakos’ glance dropped downward from the northern sky. Kohlingen...

Whatever the target, Drakos mused, if there is nothing more interesting than a kraken, I shall be disappointed. Chuckling to himself quietly, the self-proclaimed master thief reached out with his free hand and brought to his lips an open bottle of wine. This is going to be so much fun...

_________________
Plays Drakos Vek - Part-time master thief, part-time mercenary, full-time bastard.


Last edited by Drakos_Vek on Thu, Sep 15 2011, 9:08 AM, edited 1 time in total.

 
      
DustSpray101
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 15 2011, 5:24 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Location: Night Vale

The leading edge of the system makes landfall late in the evening. By best estimates, the vortex at the center will likely be upon its target at a similar time the following night.

_________________
Eli Hodgewall <{/,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~X
Sven <=={o===========>
Qeelak \ | / ,


 
      
Ravenovf
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 15 2011, 7:47 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia (in Canada)

As the Storm would creep onto the cost in full strength a small band of adventurers, two drow, a fey touched girl and gnome would make their way across Silent bay casting control weather to conjure cold fronts towards the huricane to sap its strength.

Bravely they would stand against the Storm calling upon their magic, bringing a coldsnap down to meet the heat and humidity of the coming Storm.

Erelkacha would cast the first such spell at the Shrine of Eilistraee bringing cold dry winter snap down from the crags.


Last edited by Ravenovf on Thu, Sep 15 2011, 7:54 AM, edited 1 time in total.

 
      
Gers
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 15 2011, 7:53 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 30 Apr 2005
Location: Kentucky, USA

Inside the Shrine, Jud would be directing efforts to sandbag and seal the accesses to the interior, ordering the golems about in a general effort to make the area as impregnible as possible as far as the sea is concerned... Also, the golems could be seen now mounting each a trio of heavy harpoons modified by the Shrine's smiths to fit the golem's larger size and strength, with chains attached to their butt ends, for securing them to other objects.

_________________
Image
Named Most Influential Character, Amia Awards 2011


 
      
Grymia
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 15 2011, 8:24 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Location: Kohlingen, and a Basement in Canada

Travelling to the Keep of Kohingen and making use of his Keep access , Tuomas immediately made his way to the roof of the keep. He explained to a Guardsman along the way

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"A full report will be forthcoming but I am going to need to cast a spell facing East North East." he explained before heading to face the specifed direction on the roof. Just before arriving, he cast 'Light' upon himself to help light the way to the roof, a single white lit Gnome amidst the dark skies and spires of the night.

As the rains howled and the winds blowed, Tuomas began the nescessary incantations for 'Control Weather' , focusing the specific rote formulaic instructions in his mind and his gestures. He focused deeply and intently on willing the weather to cool. focusing himself and his intentions, speaking unto the Weave in Celestial.

"Weave, in a dark hour for these lands, I beseech you in the name of the Fundamental Good, grant unto me control of the Weather in these lands, allow me to bring a cool wind with which to aid in providing those with little defense alongside my colleagues an Aegis against the Storm being created unduly by the fiendish worshipper of Umberlee..." he intoned in Celestial his tattoos flaring as the ritualistic incantations grew brighter and stronger, focusing his mental will and his ritual into cooling the temperature and guiding it as best he could to help try and quell the storm.

Continuing with his ritual for ten minutes, until reaching the very apex the Gnomish Wizard finished his words and gestures, pausing, and slowly feeling the weather cool in Kohlingen as a result of his spell, nodding to himself. He took a moment to ensure the spell was going to affect as intended before proceeding inside, musing to himself.

~ .. The Mystic Theurge is one who blends dogmatic faith, and the Art in most cases... While I admit it seems of interest to me.. what I hope to connect myself to isn't the dogma, the written words we seem to attach to the gods, but to the fundamental force of Good itself... ~ he mused with a quiet smile befire shing.

"Paperwork." he said after, with a chuckle, setting down to write a note of explanation for the Keep and it's inhabitants.


 
      
Zaldra5
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 15 2011, 8:55 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 May 2010

Fey'ana took a deep breath as she finished then casting at the Salandran's temple. She felt the cold needed for her to conjure such a spell deep in her small framed body.

Beginning the long walk to Actland, she sigh and said a quiet prayer to Titania and Oberon to give her the strength to prevent this storm from harming the innocent and to protect her in her travels to finish her goal.

The rain was merciless on the coast from the storm as she normally wasn't so bothered by the rain. She found the spot on the coast close to the dock where she need to cast the spell as she motioned to her allies and Ravania to to protect her.

She closed her eyes as she incanted the spell drawing the source of cold from her staff as she lost track of time when she finished Tuomas had left for Kohlingen.
Fey'ana wandered with her wolf back to where they started at the shrine of Eilistraee where they had began from.

"by Titania I hope we weren't to late" she quietly said to her wolf

_________________
Image
Main Characters
Fey'ana Luelven - The Arch Druidess of Fire
Asparas the Faun


 
      
ValkinMulgin
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 15 2011, 10:02 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Location: Australia

Venorik ran with the winds that day, he kept a close eye on kacha, tuomas and Fey'ana as they ventured from site to site to cast there spell sin desperate hope that such might help prevent or at the very least temper this storms fury, an yet the druid sent nothing to stop them as they moved from point to point, no resistance was met, an so whisper wondered, is it this druids overconfidence that allows us to work, or is it our own in these spells that will doom us.

Kachas words echo over an over in whispers head "A 20 mile wide hurricane will do more than destroy the shrine, the entire of silent bay an even the Forrest is in jeopardy" An yet whisper feels helpless, unable to see anyway to fight against this maelstrom of fury that is heading towards everything he has grown to love and care for. Will it all end like that ? If so he will make sure that Silia will survive and be cared for, nothing else matters, if he can just save one, just this once just her he will have least done something.

_________________
If i am not about when you are, but you would like to RP with Valkin, chose a time in red (GMT+8) / add character name PM me ICLY/OCC :) :http://teamup.com/ks662ccbfedda01eb0/


 
      
DustSpray101
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 15 2011, 23:04 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Location: Night Vale

The storm worsened through the night before the localized cold front took effect. To show for their efforts, the three succeeded in slowing the storm's approach, even managing to lighten the amount of rain falling along the coast for a time. About midday, however, it appeared that the front no longer stretched as far as Kohlingen and was weakening around its center. Precious hours of time may have been bought, but their efforts alone proved not to be enough in stopping the oncoming storm in it's tracks.

_________________
Eli Hodgewall <{/,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~X
Sven <=={o===========>
Qeelak \ | / ,


 
      
Ravenovf
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 16 2011, 2:27 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia (in Canada)

Erelkacha sighed as she watched the storm slow, She cursed herself for not extending the spell so that its durration would have lasted as long as the druids and would have had a larger area of effect. She almost started to hang her head when the simple fact hit her, they had slowed the storm and that meant time, time to cast the spell again but extended like she should have the first time. She kneeled before the moonstones in Prayer calling to mind several extended Control weather spells, as she finished her prayers she turned to see the Druidess Fey'ana approach and with a sigh Kacha spoke quietly "we have work to do before that Storm hits us full force..." The Duridess's responce was to allow her to cast the spells again Kacha felt anger rise in her throat, it was her home and she hated feeling powerless in the face of evil.

Bitterly she spat out "fine..." and moved to the hillside to allow the druidess to use her magics.

Though before the Fey'ana would start others started to arrive at the Shrine with the similar intent she had a feeling this was going to be a long night even if they could halt the advance of the storm.


 
      
Ulir
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 16 2011, 7:13 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Mar 2009

The robed figure goes about wondering what occured to hinder the storm from moving freely. In order to give it a shove in the back, he finds a suitable and relatively isolated location to weave his magic to increase the power of it and pull it towards Kohlingen using the control weather spell, if possible.


// Permission to use the control weather spell in this case?

_________________
Image


 
      
DustSpray101
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 16 2011, 7:56 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Location: Night Vale

After a long and frightful night the funnel of the hurricane is made to stop. The rain and cloud cover remains, however, as does the mighty cold front summoned up to sap the strength of the storm. The Benwick coast is littered with hundreds of corpses of dead jellyfish and other sea beasts that washed ashore during the storm's surges and the locals set to clearing that away. The smell of their rot lingers as the sun makes a few appearances. It takes a full day for the seas to calm enough for the ferries to resume their run. The Shrine's typically beautiful grassland has been mostly turned to mud.

((Ulir check for a PM))

_________________
Eli Hodgewall <{/,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~X
Sven <=={o===========>
Qeelak \ | / ,


 
      
Ravenovf
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 16 2011, 22:32 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia (in Canada)

Her voice sore from yelling over the storm the high priestess would be seen dutifully trudging through the muck in the cold making sure the corpses in the Shrine were removed to prevent the spread of illness. All except the eatable seas beasts, after all it wasn't like the Shrine to waste perfectly good food.


 
      
DireBear
 
PostPosted: Sat, Sep 17 2011, 3:20 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Jan 2011

*A stout, green-haired woman can be spotted running barefooted along the coastline, stopping every now and then and looking for something.*

_________________
See me as DireCorbie!


 
      
Burningoutbright
 
PostPosted: Sat, Sep 17 2011, 4:57 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Mar 2007
Location: Where the She-Devils roam

One miserable passenger on a ship bound for the Sword Coast forced to tie-off in the Jarldom of Arsant Wiltun due to the hurricane skulks through the fort to the Noway tavern, as the captain and crew repair the minor damaged sustained to their ship, The Anne-Marie, and wait anxiously for a break in the weather towards the Whale Bones...

_________________
Image
"The world takes and takes, even things that aren't offered. Finally, it gave us something back; I wish he was here to share it with me."


 
      
Xaviera
 
PostPosted: Sat, Sep 17 2011, 21:49 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Location: Temple of Love

Prevented from travelling to Cordor over the last few days by the storm, Xaviera opens the shuttered windows of her home in Kohlingen and, with the help of her wife Windiara and daughters Xina and Selina, ventures forth to check for damage to their house and to the town.

_________________
Image
~Sharess on AmiaWiki~
Priestess, politician, prostitute
"[They] were moving in on me like Sharessans on a new broad in the bath house" - Tracer Bolt
AmiaWiki mod (mostly inactive)


 
      
kshamblin1990
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 22 2011, 16:29 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Jun 2010

Upon the ending of the storm a colorfully robed wizard, known by few as Anirion Kale, would visit the coast of Benwick to view the aftermath. He would walk the coast industriously, rubbing his chin in thought as to the cause of such a storm.

After much deliberation he eventually collects quite a few of the jellyfish corpses, proclaiming them as " Essential to research as to the cause of such a horidly powerful storm. "

Taking his new project to his room at the Nomad he dissects the corpses and muddles in confusion, seeming at a standstill in his otherwise fruitless investigation.

_________________
Anirion Kale - Gate Keeper and Master of Coin
Adineyl d'Ussen d'Vhid - "Only the blood of my enemy will satiate the anger inside of me."


Last edited by kshamblin1990 on Thu, Sep 22 2011, 19:01 PM, edited 1 time in total.

 
      
DustSpray101
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 22 2011, 16:48 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Location: Night Vale

*The rank stench of rotting sea life emanates from Anirion's room. Patrons in rooms around him soon start to complain of the smell. He is asked to vacate before the guards are called. Sadly, all that is determined is the anatomy of such creatures and some insight as to how they go through decomposition.*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beyond the coast of Actand, smaller ships and at least one larger merchant vessel have disappeared. Small bits of broken boards, masts, and barrels, as well as the occasional bloated corpse litter the coast near the Cliff Village. Goblins can be seen picking what may still be useful out of the wreckage and dragging it to their cave.

Those lucky few that have made it through the area and into port unscathed have spoken of a spotting a rather large pod of whales that seem to be intent upon feasting on an over abundance of fish. They state that they have never seen so many of the large sea beasts in one area before. If pressed, ashamedly many will admit to having offered prayer to Umberlee at the sight of the thrashing pod, attributing their safe passage to such.

_________________
Eli Hodgewall <{/,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~X
Sven <=={o===========>
Qeelak \ | / ,


 
      
DustSpray101
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 29 2011, 2:50 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Location: Night Vale

Unharassed, rumors spread that the pod is slowly starting to work its way towards Rauthym and away from the coast of Actand. With exception of those that dock at Kohlingen, professed faith in Umberlee grows as stories spread amongst the sailors of the merchant ships servicing the island of Amia.

_________________
Eli Hodgewall <{/,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~X
Sven <=={o===========>
Qeelak \ | / ,


 
      
Grymia
 
PostPosted: Fri, Oct 07 2011, 4:17 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Location: Kohlingen, and a Basement in Canada

Returning to Kohlingen after a bit of a visit to Wiltun following Whales and a man being given transport by them, a Gnomish Wizard makes his way to the Mystran hall , collapsing after setting his clothes and possessions to dry*


 
      
ValkinMulgin
 
PostPosted: Fri, Oct 07 2011, 4:57 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Location: Australia



*Whisper stands holding a radiant blade up high above him, he looks out across the ocean, he mutters a payer and thanks to Valkur Captain of the Waves, and to the dark maiden for there protection and perhaps for the blade returned to him, a blade that struck true upon a foe he had sword to fell, fo shrine for his people and for all those he cares and loves*


*Whisper thinks back to the initial moment, as he drew his blade the druid turned distracted then time seemed to slow down, if not stop to a halt then suddenly Tumous threw forth a disjunction, an such seemed to take effect for once, as to why he was uncertain, an yet my blad left my hand and struck true his blood spilling forth as the druid fled into the depths, yes we followed and yes he was felled an yet why..*

"why, was it different this time, why was Tumous spell so effective on his this time, why could my blade piercing his skin with such ease."

*whisper returned tot eh shrine tow rite a report, as he pondered these facts, an wonder why the umberlite had lost his protection from his godess, even to the point that his own sea creatures had mauled him to death*

_________________
If i am not about when you are, but you would like to RP with Valkin, chose a time in red (GMT+8) / add character name PM me ICLY/OCC :) :http://teamup.com/ks662ccbfedda01eb0/


 
      
survivor2009
 
PostPosted: Fri, Oct 07 2011, 5:27 AM 



Player

Joined: 25 May 2009

*setting her gear to dry off, Serina can't help but smile, as she says her prayers before falling asleep* ;
-what a surprising turn of events! I hope that was the last of this old, mad druid, whales and Krakens in the midst of murky, bloody waters, i wonder if my father will be proud.


 
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group