View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Semidi

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 14 2005, 2:37 AM 

Player

//the palemaster prestige class isn't main stream dnd and I had no idea how to rp one, but I've learned allot on the way thanks to some helpful advice from multiple dms, players, and a tad of solo-sleuthing, and I(hopefully) now rp the palemaster correctly and thought I'd pen some helpful advice IC.

-the streets of cordor are empty and a single shadow passes through unseen and lays a solid white book on a barrel, the temple of torm(this copy combusts), and on a few rooms and tables in the nomad. More and more copies are found in the oddest places, waiting to be found.

-upon looking at the book you can see it's made out of some hard grey substance; upon inspection you realize it's bone, and a great black hexagon with laughing lich skull adorns the cover. You can detect a very strong aura of evil

-the pages are not paper you realize, and from looking at the book's outer covering it is most likely skin.

*the front page is as follows*

Weak willed fools shut the book, put it back, this is not for you. *it is written in simple hand writing the ink is not blood thankfully but regular ink* I have created this tome as a guide for those who wish the gift of undeath, yes a gift. Some holy men will have you believe that undeath is a curse, and I tell you this, they are liars. They seek for you to be cursed like them, for it is they who are cursed, they worship mortal, weak willed gods, and even the most powerful of their number falls to age. But I digress, this is not the book for bashing the holy men, their time will come...

The gift of undeath is only through countless hours in study and preparation which one would normally commit to study of spell craft or martial training, but my friends, you will have all the time in the world, for they wither and die, but you, you shall live forever!

Velsharoon, Lord of Necromancy, was one of the first to become one with undeath, and through guile, intellect, and cunning tricked the stormlord Talos into giving him the spark of divinity that he shares with us. Even now, the Lord of the Deathless art grows in power, for the other gods are mortal... he is not. The first lesson I offer up is to use your mind more then your arcane muscle, like the Lord Velsharoon. I will not lie to you, the path to immortality is hard, there will be times for when you doubt the path, but it shall be you who begins to laugh at your enemies when they wither away and die... yet you remain.

*the rest of the chapter gives more detail on Velsharoon and details his life*

With only the blackest rights known to few shall you reach your goal, for you most begin to mold yourself out of your weak mortal shell into a perfect being. Be warned, once you start upon this path, you shall be hard pressed to stop, for each reward is greater then the last. Oh, there shall be pain, you shall live in pain, breath pain, and create for yourself even more pain, but in the end, you shall feel nothing... The pain will end

*begins to detail the process of the first five levels of the pale master*

The next part you shall find will be the most painful thing you have ever experienced, but you shall be well on your way now... well on your way to victory over mortality. The undead recognize their own coming to your calls, your skin grows hard as bone, and you feel the icy vigor of undeath take you. The next part shall prove your dedication to the mastery of the deathless art.

*the book is filled with graphic images detailing the undeadification*

Your left arm, what use to it of you? It is weak, it is a mortal instrument that will one day wither and die. Chant these words *details a few prayers to Velsharoon that have no real power* and when you have achieved the focus required take an enchanted blade, cut off your arm, you do not need it. Then travel to a graveyard and select an arm of the right size and attach it using your power of necromancy. Feel the arm come alive with the energy of undeath, the hard part is over, bask in your glory.

You are well on your way now and soon you will learn that you cannot be held as undead are not held, you cannot be stunned, undead are not stunned. You will see things as the undead see them, emotions over people fade away and all that is left... is power. Then even the most powerful undead come to your call, they know their own...

The last step I myself will take soon as I write this; by the time it is published, I will have it in my grasp... Fool of warriors, you think you can strike me down in one blow? The undead are not destroyed so easy, soon you shall see, undeath is power.

A warning, to all you who seek this path, there are those who are jealous of your power. A cleric of the weak gods, Paladins... fools all of them (//except paladins of sune) , druids, they say we are not natural, I say
we are perfect.

The author’s name isn’t given…

Author’s note: I would have had this manuscript done sooner but blood doesn’t make a very good ink.

//ok here's what I have found out that can help out your char oocly simple,
1. your half-undead which role-play pnp you can be turned(which has been to my chagrin many times)
2. you cut/rip your arm off, please do it in a public place it is more fun for everyone to watch, and be sure a dm is present... you know for the ehem erm DC
3. I would highly suggest velsharoon as a pale master's patron deity.
4. remember the arm is NOT a curse, for the pale master it is a blessing, I would rather have my blessings in caster level form, but what can you do?
6. The pale master is one of the most fun classes to rp out, remember to spread the undead loving.
7. last but not least if you are a pure-caster + palemaster expect to be out gunned, you will prolly have a pitiful caster level + you get your spells late(got my 9th level spells at level 21)

//last word, yes I know my grammar/spelling stinks please don't make fun too much...Or I might cry And if I can proof read this a little more/add some take some away I would like to spend some DC in the future to make it an amia book...

Aridos

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 14 2005, 14:17 PM 

Player

*Thilidar come to a place at the Nomad, looking for a familiar face before agian leaving instantly, when he spot the book, reading it carefuly, he know gain knowledge upon what was known to him before as an undead wizard... when he reach the end of the book, he see no name mentioned.
slowly he wonder if it is one of the True Pale masters he left before, but one was a fool... maybe, the other... he already knew, he closed the book and left it where it was, grinning lightly on the new piece of knowledge he found at such a place*

//i probably have spelling mistakes and such too, bah.

Player Status Active

Characters: [Graded from Active to Inactive]
Thilidar Villder(?) - "Everything is possible with enough knowledge"
Ke'lum Alean'ndar - "Die you filth! RAaaH!"
Radilith Hax - "Whatever"

marcklp

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 14 2005, 15:10 PM 

Player

Aurin comes across one of the books and takes it back to Mystra's tower for a carefull reading. After he's done he puts it away in his personal chest, besides Cedric's journal.

- I guess Cedric wasn't the only fool to be deceived by Velsharoom...

Zeus_Lightning

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 14 2005, 19:31 PM 

Player

Silently a spider crawls up from the sewer grate. The spider is like a baby sword spider, black as the night. It sneaks through cordor, avoiding all people and attention. It reaches down with it's forarms and grabs one of the tomes.

-The masters will be pleased with me,The spider thinks as it crawls down into the sewers once more.

It crawls down through many tunnels and at last it has come down to the underdark. It enters the drider pits and presents the book to the magicians of the driders.

-This might prove useful... You have served us well... The magician says taking the tome out of the spiders forarms. He and his fellow magicians takes the tome into their cave and begins studieng it.

Many secrets might be unlocked about the surface and undeath through this...

The drider says, before continuing reading the book with interest.

Mr Mago

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 14 2005, 20:05 PM 

Player

Running about in haste as always, Semli seeks new and intriguing discoveries as his eyes flicker searching and observing in the Nomad.

It obviously doesn't take long until he spots the odd book lying on the table, and the curiousity within him sparkles as he closes the distance towards it. Upon reaching the table, he quickly lifts it up and examines it, taking particular note of the books exterior.

As he sits down, still keeping an eye on the book, he carefully opens it. Stroking the page with his palm, he feels the leather. As he starts to read, the flickering lights within the Inn are reflected in his wide, awestruck eyes.

After having a dozen times thoroughly read through what's noted in the book, he carefully closes it, gets up from the chair and quickly leaves the Inn.

Zeus_Lightning

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 14 2005, 20:34 PM 

Player

//though nice job puttin it all together, semidi :) Make Malak proud?

BlackDahlya

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 18 2005, 19:54 PM 

Player

Location: Land of the Scorching Sun, Empowered by Global Warming

*Valkirya was standing by a corner, talking to Leggomi, Vala and Saba when she felt something being slipped inside her bag, as if someone was putting something there. It wasn't neither as heavy as any weapon, nor as light as some scroll. It seemed to be a book. She rumaged the contents of her bag and, indeed, found a book that seemed to be made of flesh. She winced, hoping that flesh wasn't from someone she knows, neither that it could've been human and, wearing her gloves, just in case the book was charmed, she got away from her friends and her child, recently adopted by Calhrys, and read it.*

*Upon finishing, she raised a brow, quizzically, to the book, as if in hopes it could talk to her.*

"Who could've put it inside my bag?" She thought. "And why?"

*She had her suspicions, but she wasn't really sure why she would catch the attention of that person.*

"Some coward... It suits him, if it's really he." She thought, upon noticing there was no author.

*She put the book back inside her bag, hoping to question the person she thought was responsible for that as soon as she meet him.*

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]