View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ] 
Kamina
 
PostPosted: Tue, Sep 11 2018, 2:03 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Location: Kent, England.

Dragonbane.

Image

In Kohlingen, this evening, a previously close-knit set of knowledge was made public. After a Crystal Dragon made a dramatic if not clumsy entrance to Kohlingen to warn the First Knight about a growing threat in Trollbark Forest on the Sword Coast, the First Knight was forced to play her hand, letting adventurers who had come to the docks to aid know regarding the classified information the Defenders had gathered.


//This thread is pertaining to the three Dragon Bane weapons Solferno, Lauriel and Hollythorn and the plot pertaining. This is mainly for reactions from others regarding it as well as public statements.

_________________
"Operating in the border between light and darkness, shadowdancers
are nimble artists of deception. They are mysterious and
unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

-Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5e.


 
      
Jes
 
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 27 2018, 16:24 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Location: Camriiole

The First Knight of Kohlingen stood overlooking a scattering of maps on the table before her, each showing a different location. Silent and pensive, her eyes focused on Trollbark Forest. The evil that awaited them there was one they could scarcely comprehend - even those fools who would dare to ally themselves to her could not see the true threat she posed. Illunamaeryx knew now that this enemy would not stand idle on the Mainland. It would come here to the isle, and that made this far more than Kohlingen's problem.

She turned away from the maps and approached her desk. It was time to write a few letters.

_________________
Login: The Copper Queen
Illunamaeryx - Platinum Commander

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] Dragonlady | [DM] The Voice

-------------------


 
      
Kamina
 
PostPosted: Wed, Nov 21 2018, 22:45 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Location: Kent, England.

Image


At the eve that just passed, a spectacle lasting fifteen minutes occurred. The moon grew a small greenish glow near the middle of it which slowly grew, turning the moon a beautiful green. Five lights of Green, Red, Blue, Black and White emerged as small spots on the moon, which converged somewhat east of the centre Amians could see and a lot more southernly from where those further north could see. Once converged, a bright been of light shot across the sky, landing somewhere on the mainland, south-southeast of Amia and almost completely south of the Frozenfar...


The moon became white once more after.

_________________
"Operating in the border between light and darkness, shadowdancers
are nimble artists of deception. They are mysterious and
unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

-Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5e.


 
      
bobofwestoregonusa
 
PostPosted: Thu, Nov 22 2018, 7:55 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Location: Eastern Washington

The sky cracks open over the Living City, darkness ripping the clouds out of sight. A small delegation finds themselves face to face with powerful champions of dragonkind.

_________________
Image
Gerald Edmund
Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!


 
      
Jes
 
PostPosted: Thu, Nov 22 2018, 17:34 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Location: Camriiole

Visitors to Kohlingen might note that there's more activity there, as if troops are being prepared for something. Occasionally, a gold dragon is seen flying over the city, surveying it, before dipping down to the Keep grounds again.

_________________
Login: The Copper Queen
Illunamaeryx - Platinum Commander

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] Dragonlady | [DM] The Voice

-------------------


 
      
Jes
 
PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28 2018, 3:29 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Location: Camriiole

Late this evening, there is some activity in Wyrmhold. Stirred from their day-to-day, the mylocks attack some travelers, and then leave them the hell alone when the travelers cut them down as if they were made from paper. For a time, lights barely visible from a distance flicker in the fading sunset. After a few hours, a gold dragon takes to the skies with a mighty roar, heading directly for Kohlingen. It disappears beyond the walls of Dragonstone Keep.

_________________
Login: The Copper Queen
Illunamaeryx - Platinum Commander

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] Dragonlady | [DM] The Voice

-------------------


 
      
bobofwestoregonusa
 
PostPosted: Thu, Nov 29 2018, 2:43 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Location: Eastern Washington

In Cordor an unlikely pair seem to meet. Gerald sits outside with Illunamaeryx at the Nomad with a considerable amount of take out from Okappas. Their words exchange fruitlessly, as Illunamaeryx attempts to impress on him the necessity of opposing the Chromatic High Seer, while Gerald seems to believe otherwise. He delivers an imperative to the gold dragon - to deliver the Dragonsbane weapons or see lives lost, potentially innocent lives close to her. Illunamaeryx seems not to take this offer, and leaves.

_________________
Image
Gerald Edmund
Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!


 
      
Jes
 
PostPosted: Sat, Dec 01 2018, 0:25 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Location: Camriiole

Letters are sent out from Kohlingen, each addressed to the ruling/leading parties of Winya Ravana, Cordor, Bendir Dale, Wharftown, Barak Runedar, the Eilistraeen Shrine, Guldorand, Howness, Fort Wiltun, Ceyren's Mill, and the Oakmist Vale Grove. They accompany a member of Kohlingen's Order of Mages (with the exception of Barak Runedar, who gets a runner).


I have reached out to many adventuring individuals over the last few months - humans, elves, hin, and dwarves alike. We have worked together in our efforts to oppose a great threat of draconic origins, a great wyrm green dragon who seeks Ascension to immortality. If she succeeds in this, she will turn her sights on this isle. We depart tomorrow to end her threat once and for all, but I have urged the various peoples to have their kin prepare to defend their homes, in the event that we cannot stop this from happening.

I write to you now to ensure that you are aware, as new information has raised the stakes and the scope of the dragon's threat. The danger of her Ascension has increased, as she has called upon more allies to join her cause. Tarkuul has answered, and joined her wicked plot. I have reached out to Speaker Edmund myself to try to reason with him, but he remained unmoved. Tarkuul, as they made clear, cares not if the entire isle burns beneath these dragons' ambitions. They care not if the Green Wyrm's desire to destroy the gods succeeds and casts all into chaos.

Evacuation plans are currently in order in the event of an emergency, courtesy of Barak Runedar. They have agreed to host any refugees, away from the isle, should it come under attack. I have sent representatives from our Order of Mages to each primary settlement. Our mages, with your permission, will be able to create a teleportation circle which leads to Barak Runedar, for the purposes of emergency evacuation should they receive the signal we have arranged.

We realize that such an evacuation order may not be able to save all civilians in time before the dragons arrive, but we hope to save as many as possible. I strongly suggest that you assign other mages of your own to these tasks, that such an evacuation is as effective as possible, but the decision is yours.

The enemy will need time to reach the isle, if we fail. Use that time to secure your people. We have made arrangements to alert our mages and key personnel, so that we have as much time as possible to respond.

If you can spare extra hands for this great battle, to oppose both the Green Wyrm and Tarkuul's forces, send them to Kohlingen first thing in the morning. We depart as the sun rises to its highest point. Otherwise, put your guards on alert. Be prepared to fight for your homes.

May the gods guard and protect all of you, and may we be successful in stopping this wicked alliance.

By Bahamut's Grace,

Illunamaeryx,
First Knight of Kohlingen



// Edit: Added more settlements that I forgot.

_________________
Login: The Copper Queen
Illunamaeryx - Platinum Commander

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] Dragonlady | [DM] The Voice

-------------------


Last edited by Jes on Sat, Dec 01 2018, 1:42 AM, edited 1 time in total.

 
      
Jes
 
PostPosted: Sat, Dec 01 2018, 0:29 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Location: Camriiole

// Note: The above letters are only public in their settlements if the DMs and/or PC leaders decide so! Otherwise, the finale battle event thing is scheduled for 12pm noon EST (5pm GMT) tomorrow!

_________________
Login: The Copper Queen
Illunamaeryx - Platinum Commander

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] Dragonlady | [DM] The Voice

-------------------


 
      
Jes
 
PostPosted: Tue, Jan 08 2019, 16:47 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Location: Camriiole

Word arrives to those who have been heavily involved in this matter that the First Knight of Kohlingen will be hosting a less formal meeting on this topic in about six hours.

// 9pm GMT/4pm EST, if you can make it! Will be around for a while tonight for those who wanna catch up after this time.

_________________
Login: The Copper Queen
Illunamaeryx - Platinum Commander

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] Dragonlady | [DM] The Voice

-------------------


 
      
Kamina
 
PostPosted: Sat, Feb 09 2019, 16:05 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Location: Kent, England.

A very strange occurrence happens in the early hours and continues throughout the day.

At the following locations:

-Cordor Central
-Amia Frontier
-Pearldiver's Peak
-Skull Crag mountains
-Ruined Tower in the Forest of Despair
-Shore east of Kohlingen

Small sets of Aurora Borealis float and waiver in the sky. A very unusual sight, Aurora Borealis is very rare as north as Amia is, but these strange sets of lights seem content to flicker above these locations...

The majority of these areas do not react much aside from amazement, however Cordor Central sees a slight reinforcement of guards around the entrance to the Nexus.

_________________
"Operating in the border between light and darkness, shadowdancers
are nimble artists of deception. They are mysterious and
unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

-Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5e.


 
      
Jes
 
PostPosted: Sun, Feb 10 2019, 1:31 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Location: Camriiole

Following the events of tonight, the First Knight of Kohlingen retires to the Keep. She debriefs her superiors, and then begins to work on planning their next steps. Once all deliberations are done for the evening, she goes deeper into the Keep to meet with her two brothers to give them some pleasant news...

_________________
Login: The Copper Queen
Illunamaeryx - Platinum Commander

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] Dragonlady | [DM] The Voice

-------------------


 
      
Kamina
 
PostPosted: Tue, Feb 12 2019, 1:32 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Location: Kent, England.

The quietness of the following day offered respite... but to those who were aware of what pulled the strings of creating the Bane weaponry, pensiveness at the ripples the Green Dragon Xil’lauriel caused elude them.

Where is Deepdesire? With his recent possession of the last three Dragonbane weapons and his goals unknown, the sizeable shadow slinks back in to obscurity...

Where is Teslabreath? The Blue that was left charred and scarred from King Whurak’s explosive end in Deepdesire’s nest, he became turncoat to Xil’lauriel and sided with the Shadow. Not seen since his brief assault on Kohlingen before they fronted their offence against Xil’lauriel, his vengeance against the Dwarf growing, has he decided to aid Deepdesire or has he left on his own terms, fueled by his disgrace at being scarred?

Where is Torgen the Strong or the evil Dragonslaying spirit that dwelled within him, Solferno? Missing from the assault in Trollbark Forest and his followers disbanding by the day since the threat ended, where is he?

Where is Barryan? The emboldened Pyroclastic that forced the Gold Dragon Illunamaeryx to bow to him has kept a low profile. Where does his alligences lie?


One thing is for sure, though.


The Aberrational Maw that dwelled in the forsaken Trollbark Grove ceased over the last 24 hours. The lesser Beholders, that emerged when The Hunger realised his control over the immensely powerful perfected Dragonbane Sword had faded, fell to the ground and dissolved in to nothing.

With a lingering Cerulean Sign at the site of the ruins of the Mystran Grove flickering gently, the thieves of the ancient order of the cerulean sign are no more. No longer is there immediate threat from the Far Realms and the Dragons they enthralled, it appears the day has been saved.




The silence is deafening and to any native Amian adventurer with experience, silence is the gaps in which something louder likes to occupy.

_________________
"Operating in the border between light and darkness, shadowdancers
are nimble artists of deception. They are mysterious and
unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

-Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5e.


 
      
Revak
 
PostPosted: Tue, Feb 12 2019, 17:32 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 20 Nov 2010
Location: Inside a Magic Bag full of True Strike Potions

After the long and arduous trials of the fight against dragons and aberrations a certain wood elf returns once again to her quiet vigil in Bendir Dale, boxes and personal effects moving from the Holy City back to her humble room in the Hinn Inn (which is always kept paid and locked). After a few days, it was like Ania had never left it behind those passing months gone and settled back into the community. Although a watchful eye was kept on Wilfire for the duration of his recovery from his injuries the wood elf would resume her infrequent patrols of the roads and visits to the Shrine, keeping an eye on the horizon and for whatever troubles would invite themselves to disturb the settling dust.

The first morning back in the Dale however was spent with a glass of wine and quiet relaxation, enjoying the rare times of peace with her cat Petruchio on her lap and prone to midday reveries...

_________________
Image
Thanks, Boots!


Rarely seen as:
T'riss'ace - Xas!
Philip Grey - The Fury!


 
      
Richard_Edmund
 
PostPosted: Tue, Feb 12 2019, 19:56 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 23 Sep 2012
Location: Western Australia (+8 GMT)

In the highest level of an ancient tower, a darkly robed figure starred thoughtfully at the glowing portal before her with an impassive expression as she mulled over the events of the past few months in her mind. Her dark, sunken eyes lost in thought before she came to a decision, expressed simply by a small almost indiscernible shake of her head. Rising from her seat to leave the chambers she ventured out into the Living City heading north, the Necromaster of Velsharoon returning to her temple to seek counsel.

_________________
Warlord Elwyn Sabel | Necromaster Laura Jarshall


 
      
Kamina
 
PostPosted: Thu, Apr 25 2019, 18:31 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Location: Kent, England.

The days go by as information flowing regarding the events continue to be illusive. One of the main informants of what was occurring in the Shadow Plane still lay in Kohlingen’s temple in comatose, supernatural wounds inflicted by one of The Night’s champion’s hindering her recovery.

Reports of any further strategic moves by the Nightshades fall silent as their onslaught against various Shadow Dragons appear to halt.








West of Amia, reports of small yet consistent seismic movements begin to make their rounds... to some, the significance of these rumours begin to ring alarm bells.



//We will be continuing the final leg of the overarching Dragonbane plot in early May! (Actual time for first planned event will be given in the future, those who are awaiting small interactions such as conversations with specific NPCs or research will be given time to do this before the next event.)

_________________
"Operating in the border between light and darkness, shadowdancers
are nimble artists of deception. They are mysterious and
unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

-Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5e.


 
      
Magiros
 
PostPosted: Thu, Apr 25 2019, 18:45 PM 

User avatar

Developer

Joined: 28 Nov 2006

Asevents reach the elven wizards ears, actions would be brought forth. Lady's hand guided by practice, she moved to conducting for what she had become known for; divinations.

_________________
http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/spells.htm


 
      
Magiros
 
PostPosted: Fri, May 10 2019, 5:08 AM 

User avatar

Developer

Joined: 28 Nov 2006

With recent events taking place and a sight of a looming volcano in the horizon, an elven wizard started her research work into what had transpired. In the following days looking into her tomes about the planes, searching for intelligence of their denizes. Especially few were in mind, which caught her attention.

_________________
http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/spells.htm


 
      
Kamina
 
PostPosted: Fri, May 10 2019, 9:48 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Location: Kent, England.

In the lush hours of the afternoon yesterday on Amia, a fissure shook the island, nothing more powerful than any other earthquakes that have previously occurred, however following this earthquake followed a tsunami which destroyed a large portion of any commercial boats along the west coast of Amia at the time. After it receded, to the west people could see a faint red glowing dot with black smoke bellowing out of it.


In Kohlingen, following this, there is a call to arms. Meetings being set up among themselves following the event followed by the appearance of five brand new warships on the docks near Dragonstone Keep. Massive ballistae attached to them, these boats appear to serve a single purpose of Dragon slaying.



// Next event starts on 17th May at 7PM GMT+0.

_________________
"Operating in the border between light and darkness, shadowdancers
are nimble artists of deception. They are mysterious and
unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

-Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5e.


 
      
Revak
 
PostPosted: Fri, May 10 2019, 13:30 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 20 Nov 2010
Location: Inside a Magic Bag full of True Strike Potions

After the tsunami which hit the western coast of Amia, Ania accompanied by her hound Delilah stays in Wharftown for the foreseeable future to assist with guard patrols in the event some of the more opportunistic bandits that surround the roads north and south attempt anything, also offering herself as a laborer and her skills as a metalworker to the townsfolk by carrying debris away to be disposed of or repairing anything that would need the hand of a smithy.

_________________
Image
Thanks, Boots!


Rarely seen as:
T'riss'ace - Xas!
Philip Grey - The Fury!


 
      
rafaelmacgyver
 
PostPosted: Fri, May 10 2019, 15:48 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Wilfire stays on Wharftown helping repair any structural damage to its buildings.

_________________
Wilfire Strongfeet (Tight pants)
Adela Griffonheart (Poke)
Hallvardr Erikson (Sexy Boy)
Emilly MacMillan (Happy)

Image Image

Sprites by Raua!


 
      
freaxxshow1338
 
PostPosted: Fri, May 10 2019, 17:42 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 24 Jan 2017
Location: Deutschland

The Peg-Legged woman named Olivia Sykes can be seen limping into Wharftown, looking around for people to explain to her just what the Lollipopsquirrel had happened. She seems pretty worried to those who can see past the ever-grinning, sarcastic snickering.

_________________
Image


 
      
Dunecat
 
PostPosted: Fri, May 10 2019, 22:03 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Location: +3 GMT

After damage and cost of repairs are tallied, wounded and deceased taken care of, grey traveller consulted with Garth Arnemen regarding the situation. Re-invitation of the "construction/protection" group was proposed to the mayor.

"Just like the last time."

Unlike the last time, a possibility of long-term defenses, such as sea wall, is offered for consideration.

_________________
Image

Manicheaens please go away.


 
      
Magiros
 
PostPosted: Mon, May 13 2019, 8:38 AM 

User avatar

Developer

Joined: 28 Nov 2006

Lady Le'Quella made her way to Wharftown. Taking a spot neard the sea, the wizards hands started to gesture a spell, while words of arcane were spoken.
Two forms of raw arcane energy started to form before the mage, soon flowing into a shape of two eagles, which soon took flight towards the volcano looming in the horizon.

The diviner stold there chanting for hours, to ensure the task was done... Whatever the lady was doing, or that the task came to failure. Whicever result would come first.


//Pm sent

_________________
http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/spells.htm


 
      
Kamina
 
PostPosted: Fri, May 17 2019, 12:41 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Location: Kent, England.

// Those coming to the event at 7pm gmt+0 today

Due to the nature of actions being taken today, those attending are warned with the risks being taken today your characters risk, WITHIN REASON:

-Possible DISINTEGRATION OF GEAR
-Maiming of characters ESPECIALLY THOSE WITH ACTIVE DRAGON BLOOD
-In possible extreme circumstances, PERMADEATH

Should any of these repercussions be dealt they will be done completely within reason with your IC actions.

BY ATTENDING YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS!!

_________________
"Operating in the border between light and darkness, shadowdancers
are nimble artists of deception. They are mysterious and
unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

-Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5e.


 
      
Kamina
 
PostPosted: Sat, May 18 2019, 11:07 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Location: Kent, England.

The following morning in Kohlingen seems gloomy. Lots of commoners flock to the Dragonstone Keep to find their loved ones' names on a board of missing people. The knowledge of a sheer loss of Kohlingen's men spread across the country. In their grief, commoners are quick to find something or someone to blame. Some blame the Pyroclastics which had previously been seen in the city several months prior. Some blame the actions of the adventurers that accompanied them, quick to point out that its bizarre how the Defenders and their allies survived the sailing over to the Volcano, rumours of a traitor. Lastly and a quickly growing sentiment, anger towards the First Knight's command, believing her actions lead a notable portion of Kohlingen's army to their death.


The Volcano that was once erupting ceases, its landmass crumbling within itself.

Kohlingen's actions turns to the Shadow Plane as a mixture of Justice and Vengeance fuels their motives.

_________________
"Operating in the border between light and darkness, shadowdancers
are nimble artists of deception. They are mysterious and
unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

-Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5e.


 
      
Jes
 
PostPosted: Sat, May 18 2019, 15:18 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Location: Camriiole

In the wake of the events of the previous day, the First Knight Illunamaeryx takes up a vigil above the Shrine of Bahamut. The gold dragon sits before the statue of the North Wind, her head inclined. Her stance is visibly weakened, as she struggles through the hours to keep her weight evenly distributed. The glowing scars on her golden body are eerily chromatic - one red and one green.

She silently mourns the lost souls of Kohlingen's military and remains deep in prayer. She bears the brunt of any anger the people of the city turn to her, but does not respond to anyone urging her to go rest.

The dragon remains there at the people's mercy throughout the day, awaiting her summons to the Keep, whenever that may come.

_________________
Login: The Copper Queen
Illunamaeryx - Platinum Commander

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] Dragonlady | [DM] The Voice

-------------------


 
      
Kamina
 
PostPosted: Wed, May 22 2019, 0:21 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Location: Kent, England.

// Our final two events will be taking place on the 1st of June and the 2nd of June respectively, both starting at 7pm GMT+0!

_________________
"Operating in the border between light and darkness, shadowdancers
are nimble artists of deception. They are mysterious and
unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

-Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5e.


 
      
Kamina
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jun 02 2019, 1:49 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Location: Kent, England.

After the successful vanquishing of The Night from his Citadel in the Shadow Plane, not all is peaceful on the Prime.

A protective spell that was cast upon Kohlingen, an enlarged version of Shield, takes a massive battering from a malevolent force just east of the Dragonstone Keep. Large black cracks linger after each time it impacts, growing large each time.

Kohlingen continues to be on full evacuation, leaving only their army behind. The majority travel to Barak Runedar via portal, the rest choose to sail to their homes.

It seems like Kohlingen is readying for war.

_________________
"Operating in the border between light and darkness, shadowdancers
are nimble artists of deception. They are mysterious and
unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

-Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5e.


 
      
TheRogue
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jun 02 2019, 2:02 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 05 Dec 2016

The Sorcerer would take the time after the gruesome battle to reflect on the troubling events; always care-free and never shown a bit of worry, the face on the man was riddled with thoughts now, he had help the people of Khol before, in good will, yet now the Shadowflame had to really think to himself.


"Is it worth saving?"


 
      
Magiros
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jun 02 2019, 2:03 AM 

User avatar

Developer

Joined: 28 Nov 2006

Upon returning to Kohlingen, the moon elf wizard seemed more than tired. She made her way to the inn, where she soon departed to a trance-like state called reverie. Unlike rest of the sentient humanoids, a boon of the elven kind was the ability of reverie, allowing her to rest just four hours. Soon departing the room to the Mage Tower to continue her work once more, casting greater scrying spells now and then with a focus of core carried by her, in the between of casting researching upon the Le'Quella Light spell, its connection to the Plane of Radiance and whether a circle of mages.. Could utilize its connection against the enemy forces.

_________________
http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/spells.htm


 
      
Budly
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jun 02 2019, 2:07 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Location: Hin Town

With the latest events, Sylveera would intensify her patrols around Winya Ravana, by her own will and by Lady Le'Quellas request, She would not be seen for hours, or days if so. Staying out there in the night, scouting, keeping watchful eyes an especially her sensetive ears up for anything odd or out of the ordinary. Leaving tracks of dead hostile wildlife and beastmen or savage gnomes behind her.

_________________
Plays:
Sylveera : Sun Elven fury packed in an Arcane Archer, not a Drow, promise.
Tetrik : Greed incarnate in a Duergar.
Budly : Minister of Foreign Affairs, half a foot into retirement.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.


 
      
Jes
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jun 02 2019, 2:10 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Location: Camriiole

When Illunamaeryx returns to the city, she heads directly to the Keep to debrief the Justicar and the Council. Afterward, she is seen passing through the square to the Shrine of Bahamut. There, she kneels in prayer and then begins casting...

_________________
Login: The Copper Queen
Illunamaeryx - Platinum Commander

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] Dragonlady | [DM] The Voice

-------------------


 
      
Don Is'def
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jun 02 2019, 2:11 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Oct 2006
Location: Wales

Whurak, King of the Dwarves can be seen overseeing much of the evacuation long into the night and into the following day. Unlike his normal countenance, of battered travelling cloths or casual wear, he wears gleaming full plate and crown, apparently determined in this moment to not only look like a King, but to act like one as he meticulously and tirelessly arranges the evacuation of Kohlingen's people into his care.

On the otherside of the portal, the preparations for war can be seen in full swing also. The Dwarven militia are called up, Hearthguard paraded and drilled, volunteers equipped from the Holds armouries and ancient banners once more fly in the wind. The Ruhn Monastary plays host to a field hospital of sorts, preparing to receive wounded through the portal when the battle begins in earnest. Despite all of the preparations, the Dwarven response on the Kohlingen side of the portal is small, the majority of dwarven army seem committed to keeping thier new guests safe and sound. However, an Elite Brotherhood of Dwarven Defenders, backed by clerics and runecasters is deployed to the Portal chamber in Kohlingen, ordered to hold that chamber until they can hold it no longer, the Portal is to remain open as long as possible. Furthermore, a small unit of dwarven scouts can be seen taking up position throughout the city, operating in pairs with their new anti-dragon crossbows; Dwarven Sharpshooters are here.

Within the hold, the monumental task of organizing the new arrivals continues. The Old, sick, young children and expectant mothers are given preferential treatment, receiving space in the Barracks and Guest chambers of the hold. All others must make do with a spot on the floor of the great hall of a tent in the biting cold huddled around fires for warmth. It is clear this measure is only meant to be temporary, but with the amount of food supplies being brought it, contingencies are being made.

_________________
Avatar Picture from Brinawilliamson.com

Player of:
- Whurak Thunderhammer
King of Barak Runedar and all round Vengeful Dwarf
- Alvian Tegleiwalla
Nerdy Painter Elf with a Silly hat


 
      
PuresoulX2
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jun 02 2019, 2:35 AM 

User avatar

Developer

Joined: 15 Sep 2008
Location: Canada

After recent events, Devlin Faramond stays the night in Kohlingen to gather his strength for the next battle. He prays to the Foehammer before slumber.

_________________
Devlin Faramond - Warrior Priest of Tempus
Sorina Farhearth - Bendir Dale Militia
Kyrathyl Vostyra - Cordorian Guard
Aithne Ryrathrak - Red Dragon Disciple


 
      
ucfgoose
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jun 02 2019, 4:33 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 12 Dec 2012

In Kohlingen a woman unknown to most there except by reputation is aiding in the evacuation effort. Her armor is a gleaming silver with red accents. Her voice is one of commanding presence but fraught with concern. Promises are made that food will be available. After as many people are evacuated as can be found she makes her way to Bendir Dale and fires the ovens until she can no longer stand.

_________________
Image
Kuria - Lawful Misunderstood


 
      
Luckbringer
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jun 02 2019, 11:59 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Mar 2011
Location: The frozen north

A dark greyish form of Cloak comes barrelling through the shadow rift on Borgendenstien. He makes himself swiftly known to the dwarven guard stationed there before he is skewered on a pike. In the chill of the night air he wearily makes his way through the snow back to the dwarven citadel to inform the king of outcome of the assault on the Night on the plane of shadows.

_________________
aaegus battlehammer
cloak rockhewer
murtaugh gunn


 
      
Kamina
 
PostPosted: Mon, Jun 03 2019, 1:27 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Location: Kent, England.

The cycle has ended. The Dragonbane cores destroyed. The Dragons who knew how to forge and work with them dead.








But at what cost?

_________________
"Operating in the border between light and darkness, shadowdancers
are nimble artists of deception. They are mysterious and
unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

-Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5e.


 
      
Magiros
 
PostPosted: Mon, Jun 03 2019, 1:52 AM 

User avatar

Developer

Joined: 28 Nov 2006

Watching the Justificar fall to the ground, the lady attempted to take running steps towards the woman's direction. It seemed all was moving so slowly, Elder Cael'vin rushed to Justificar faster than the mage ever could. Down upon them both came pyroclastic dragon's claw, smashing both of them to the side like rag dolls... Moon elf cried out for the Elder! Stopping a moment in shock, looking to her sides, she took a breath to run over.

Meanwhile the battle with the pyroclastic moved further and further away. Lady Le'Quella kneeled down next to the Elder and Justificar... Touching the Elder faintly, trying to think... Trying to think fast! What could she do, there was no healing magic she knew, there was no spell that could undo it... There was no.. There was a spell! Swiftly her mind rushed to formulate the spell, before it all collapsed before a realization; It was too late. The Elder and Justificar were beyond any mortal magic. Her heart sank upon this realization, she let out a cry of desperation! Then spoke simple words:

"Your deaths will not be in vain."

The lady elf stood, turning to gaze upon the pyroclastic dragon that had devastated the city, the people and took their lives.. Rush of madness ran over her, the loss the people had, all of this, losing their own, her own People, losing all these lifes for the sake of dragonic pride and ego! She raised her arm in the air, influx of the Art starting to manifest all around her like a heavy storm, a tower of silver fire manifesting all around her. Clenching her hand to a fist and with quick smooth flick of her hand, she pointed her hand towards the dragon! Art powering her voice:

"Turn all my arcane potential to strike Barryan with arcane fire!"

The arcane silver fire blasted from the lady mages extended arm towards the pyroclastic dragon, once it struck it, slaying it in an instant! The wizard faltered, then simply collapsed to the ground pale and barely breathing before carried away by an elven woman.

_________________
http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/spells.htm


 
      
Amarice-Elaraliel
 
PostPosted: Mon, Jun 03 2019, 2:11 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 20 Jan 2006

*306 elves have lost their lives in todays battle. They held the lines bravely until the very last man and woman had been evacuated from the holy city.

Elder and Councilor Cael'vin was slain by the pyroclastic dragon Barryan as he tried to save the life of the Lady Justicar.

Elder and Councilor Shethal was heavily injured from a backlash of radiance when a gate to the positive energy plane was opened. She will survive her injuries, though her left side will always carry the scars from the radiance.*

_________________
Image
Image


 
      
666WaysToHell
 
PostPosted: Mon, Jun 03 2019, 9:51 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 23 Nov 2010
Location: Western Australia

Jacia Caerus fell during the battle for Kohlingen. Leaving her family to go through the Barak Runedar portal she returned to the city proper with purpose. She faught bravely against waves of Salamanders and shades alongside her fellow Silver Dragons, giving them time to flee the city while they still could. Her final stand was on the footbridge leading to the Temple of the Triad's Light. "For Torm!, for Tyr!, for Ilmater! and for Kohlingen!" She let out one final warcry before she fell against overwhelming odds. Her last thoughts as her breath left her body was of her family, safe to live on beyond the portal. Her face bearing a contented smile as her spirit left its mortal coil.

_________________
Aoth Nathandem - Wizard of house Tholaunt and chosen of Ma'at.


 
      
Galenson
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jun 09 2019, 17:35 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 26 May 2006
Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

An ageing Salandran, fully adorned and equipped for war in the armour of a Salandran Templar, has taken a more aggressive poise then usual in the regions north of the Minmir bridge since the fall of Kohlingen. The opportunistic beastmen who mistake the "red and white weaklings" as easy prey quickly learn otherwise as they hobble back to their holes with broken bones, torn ligaments and missing teeth.

"Dragons... its always gods cursed, fething dragons..." Jack growled on his patrol.

For now, he is happy to keep his distance from Kohlingen itself, keeping to observational points within the northern Benwick Hollow region.

_________________
Plays:

- Jhaeliria D'Vilrath: The Twisting Witch. Noble Daughter of House Vilrath, and gifted Illusionist

- The Scholar: Malignancy of the mind, corrupter of the spirit. The Great Game Changer

- Jack Galenson: House MD of Amia, but grumpier


 
      
Budly
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jun 09 2019, 17:52 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Location: Hin Town

Galenson wrote:
An ageing Salandran, fully adorned and equipped for war in the armour of a Salandran Templar, has taken a more aggressive poise then usual in the regions north of the Minmir bridge since the fall of Kohlingen. The opportunistic beastmen who mistake the "red and white weaklings" as easy prey quickly learn otherwise as they hobble back to their holes with broken bones, torn ligaments and missing teeth.

"Dragons... its always gods cursed, fething dragons..." Jack growled on his patrol.

For now, he is happy to keep his distance from Kohlingen itself, keeping to observational points within the northern Benwick Hollow region.


The Old Salandran would at times see an Elf patrolling, taking out Beastmen getting to close to Winya or seeing some dead with arrows in them or wounds made from a stabbing weapon.

_________________
Plays:
Sylveera : Sun Elven fury packed in an Arcane Archer, not a Drow, promise.
Tetrik : Greed incarnate in a Duergar.
Budly : Minister of Foreign Affairs, half a foot into retirement.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.


 
      
T0mc4t89
 
PostPosted: Sat, Aug 24 2019, 9:15 AM 



Player

Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Location: A hut in Howness. (GMT+2)

They blame me for their hardships and loss, yet they cannot see what they themselves did.

Some see me as a fool. Yet they do not understand.

All is clear. I know what must be done. My cause is just. My will is strong.

No matter if the whole world decided that something wrong was something right, I will not falter.

Our deeds make who we are, and what we deserve.

Justice shall be done.

Lendys' will shall be done.

_________________
Characters:
Elder Torsten Eadgarsson
"He’d only shown the best of intentions. Firm but not unreasonable. Eager to protect what was his but not eager to overextend his reach, to push himself on to others."


 
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group