View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Angelis96

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 18 2019, 12:21 PM 

Player

Speaking on my individual opinion. I don't really see doing a gold for DC conversion ratio as a very good idea for one specific point in which Jes pointed out. That it does not aid all or arguably even the majority of the people witha timezone issue. It only benefits the people that spend the majority of that time circling dungeons and selling loot. To the point that most are doing it from an OOC standpoint on an RP focused server.

Which ties into a reason I don't particularly like the time based system either.

Amia is a roleplay focused server and community. DCs are a visual representation of time invested in RP. Not just simply time invested.

To give people DCs for doing 0 RP, yes you may be promoting server activity. But, you are not promoting server RP. The latter in which is what you are actually striving for.

So all-in-all I don't particularly see either system as viable for the issue being presented. As to what may be potentially more viable? I have not a clue. But, I'm of the disposition of if you're going to invest time into a fix. Make sure it is an actual fix. Instead of a light patch that'll leak and you'll simply have to potentially plug later. Dont fix it more than once if you can help it.

Kamina

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 18 2019, 14:02 PM 

Player

As we said, when requesting things you’d still need adequate RP. There are players with hundreds of DCs and their requests aren’t just instantly granted if they happen to have the DCs, so your point of discouraging RP is a bit hollow there.

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Angelis96

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 18 2019, 14:18 PM 

Player

I never said it discouraged RP. Isaid it does not promote RP. There is a distinction. Dream coins, as I've come to understand it are centered around being given to people for RP. Requests don't really come into what I'm saying at all.

People are wanting to reward people DCs that are not around when DMs are. But DCs are given for RolePlay and/or promoting roleplay. If simply time logged does not promote RP than how does it solve the issue? You don't see DMs giving DCs to people just running around grinding or afking. DCs are given to people participating in roleplay.

Kamina

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 18 2019, 14:23 PM 

Player

Then what’s the solution?

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Angelis96

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 18 2019, 14:30 PM 

Player

I'm not quite sure. I wish I had the answer. But, I don't see the sense in doing this either if it doesnt fix the issue either.

A off the wall idea I could consider without having numbers figured out upfront is involving IC RP on the forums as well as RP done ingame. So potentially DCs could be garnered from Roleplay on the IC boards as well as IG.

Azirith

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 23 2019, 2:40 AM 

Player

I think the time based idea is going to be the fairest outcome, it is one that benefits everyone equally and free's up DM time to focus on player experiences through plots, requests etc.

The forum idea is a good one, but still doesnt put us unfortunate enough to be outside the magical timezone player capability of 1-3 DC a day. How many posts would i need to make to hit those numbers per week?, and as others have already said i too can remember a time when i was rewarded for very little RP but just by being there in the group in Bendir, at that timezone. Hardly fair.

Considering exceptional RP would be required in having your request granted, RP is still the kicker for your DC coins to be used anyway. You could have a million of them banked, you wont get shit approved without RP.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2