View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Kamina

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 29 2019, 14:54 PM 

Player

I’ll see what we can do about condensing L’obsul. It might involve an area shuffle up.

There’s going to be one new surface exit coming with the upcoming. Chalkcliff Island, but while I’m designing that portion of Underdark I’ll see about additional exits!

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 29 2019, 15:50 PM 

DM

Kamina wrote:
I’ll see what we can do about condensing L’obsul. It might involve an area shuffle up.

There’s going to be one new surface exit coming with the upcoming. Chalkcliff Island, but while I’m designing that portion of Underdark I’ll see about additional exits!

Quoted because the forum is silly.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Budly

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 29 2019, 15:54 PM 

Player

Jes wrote:
Kamina wrote:

Quoted because the forum is silly.

The Ghost post of Amia.... :shock: But thats interesting!

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Galenson

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 02 2019, 6:20 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

A Drow, A Duergar and a Svirfneblin hear of a job going down at a pub, providing them the means to get back at their rivals, the elf, the dwarf and the halfling. Each has their own reason for wanting to get back at their rivals, but decide that a degree of cooperation is beneficial: one alone would fail against all three, but all three working temporarily in tandem will achieve their spite-filled goals.

The Drow, the Duergar and the Svirfneblin approach the pub entrance and flash their ID cards. The Duergar and the Svirfneblin are waved through with no problems. The Drow is immediately rejected at the door: the last five times the Drow came to the pub, he caused an issue and was ejected and put on the banned list along with all of his Drow mates. Security is adamant that there will not be a sixth time. With the Drow left to sulk outside, The Duergar and the Svirfneblin enter the bar.

The Svirfneblin is quickly snatched up by some drunk, overbearing humans, who proceed to pinch his cheeks, call him adorable names and dress him up in child-like outfits as a form of comedic relief, leaving the Duergar alone to scope out the bar. Ever cunning, the Duergar quickly works out that he can smuggle drinks to the Drow out at the beer garden and does so with a 50% mark up price: a price the Drow pays because he's outside and knows no better. Now the Duergar's making profit off his future rival, making the initial hiccups with the plan a personal victory.

After an hour of sinking piss, hitting the pokies and betting on the greyhounds, the Duergar eventually goes to the toilet after scoping out all the staff entrances and the choke points in the bar. He is joined there at the urinals by the Svirfneblin who, despite the indignation he has suffered so far, discovered from the drunk human bufoons that the elf, the dwarf and the halfling are regulars at the pub and follow cyclic habits. The elf orders a wine every hour on the hour and sits on the balcony. The dwarf after about a dozen drinks starts getting swingy with his haymaker. The halfling on the other hand is a compulsive gambler who gets very arked up when he loses. A plan is devised.

The Svirfneblin, now wearing a dress and a pink ribbon, starts being tossed all around like a comedic novelty for the cheering, drunken humans. Through subtle manipulation the Svirfnbelin just happens to land next to the dwarf, who decides to join in with the fun. Thanks to the Svirfneblin, the dwarf is now sinking drinks with the rowdy humans. Meanwhile, the Duergar intercepts the elf's drink while the maid is distracted, swapping the wine to vinegar. He then sets himself up at the TAB section of the pub to start placing bets. The Duergar, who has no previous beef with the halfling and vice versa, gets chatting. He learns quickly that the halfling knows his greyhound racing and the probability involved in such, but is also overconfident in his bets.

The elf in typical excessive outrage storms up to the bar and throws the vinegar over the serving bartender. At least a dozen brews down by this point, this doesn't sit well with the dwarf. Three hits then occur: the dwarf hits the elf, the elf hits the ground and the Salandran clerics hit 100km/h with their portal wands. The Svirfneblin cheers on the dwarf's actions, stoking all the drunken humans to do the same. Now the dwarf is being shouted drinks by the humans and the crowd vamps up. Score one for team Underdark.

Meanwhile, back at the TAB part of the pub, the Duergar goes back to the toilet. Having discovered that the halfling has invested in "the grey wonder" to win the jackpot race, he uses his racial psionic talents to send a message. The recipient of the message is his cousin Ivan, who has been running the Greyhound racing industry for centuries as a cover up for his not-so-traditional and highly frowned upon arcane research. The Duergar tells Ivan to poison the greyhound before the race, effectively rigging the halfling to lose. This occurs and the subsequent meltdown over the loss results in the halfling getting ejected from the pub and wondering how he will feed his twelve kids, and pay child support to his four ex wives, one of which is a Drow and the other a tiefling-green dragon cross and both with foul tempers. Score two to team Underdark.

Now heavily intoxicated, and sprouting scottish accents which are horribly inaccurate, its decided that now is the time to eliminate the dwarf. The Duergar proceeds to "bump" into the dwarf during a sculling competition, spilling beer all over the dwarf. The loss of reputation, as well as being covered in beer, is too much for the dwarf to handle. He immediately turns to face the Duergar and after a moment of masculine posturing, agrees to take it outside.

The two stumble out the front door, the dwarf moreso then the Duergar. After a brief standoff, the dwarf rushes forward only to be knocked off his feet by a well timed hit. The Drow, holding a now broken barstool, steps over the now unconscious and seizing dwarf and steals his wallet. With their surface rivals taken care of and the annoying Svirfneblin otherwise dealt with in the process, it is a subsequent win for team underdark. the Duergar and the Drow decide to celebrate their victory with the dwarf's money as it may glean information from the other for their inevitable future conflict.

As they crack their drinks in the beer garden and take the first sip, both realise their terrible error as their mouths begin to go numb and their throats burn. It is then that they both turn to the bar to see the lone Svirfneblin, posing like a king on the bar with the bartender and the rest of the bar now looking at them. Each of the humans, including the bartenders, the cleaners and the security guards dismiss their illusionary disguises, revealing themselves to be Svirfneblin. An empty vial of poison sits between the Svirfneblin's fingers and he claps his hands shouting "check mate."

Now... imagine that on a grander scale and in a less comedic manner. The possibilities to turn the Underdark into a true hub of competition and rivalry with a productive outlet.

[edit]

And yes, this is a satire with a twist, based off observations and experiences amongst the Amian and Australian communities.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

Last edited by Galenson on Fri, Aug 02 2019, 6:38 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Metalien

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 02 2019, 6:33 AM 

Player

I totally imagined Oskar Bloodbeard being the Duergar in this post.. :lol:

Galenson

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 02 2019, 6:42 AM 

Player

I didn't know he had a cousin called Ivan?

Metalien

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 02 2019, 20:01 PM 

Player

The Bloodbeards don't even know how many Bloodbeards there are.... :lol:

Galenson

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 11 2019, 7:27 AM 

Player

On the topic of dev support,

As a suggestion for future underdark developments, especially for epic level dungeons, incorporating the effects of Faerzress would be interesting to see.

I can't remember what the server's policy on Faerzress was, but the stronger the Faerzress as per the Forgotten Realms 3rd edition Underdark source book, the more impact it has on interfering with divination and conjuration magics: especially summoning and teleportation magics.

Considering that Amia is heavily driven on the use of portal wands and the use of summons, such would make an interesting challenge.

Galenson

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 11 2019, 11:53 AM 

Player

I'll be online for the next 3 hours, to any prospective underdarkers.

I'll likely be on with Jhaeliria D'Vilrath. If you're lucky (or unlucky, pending your viewpoint) I may be on with the Scholar.

Keep your eye out. Feel free to hit me up.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2