View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 20 2019, 12:44 PM 

Player

(I get sentimental at 5 am)

Amia,

You are a being of very questionable social intelligence. We've argued for years, I've quit you. I've come back to you over and over, like a teaspoon of heroine I know is just sitting there waiting. But for the past 7 years I keep at it. I've made friends at the beginning I still talk too to this day. People whom I came up with, and am still thoroughly pleased to have met. I've gotten excited, frustrated, bored, depressed and worked up.

I came to you a child. Now I'm here. A man child.

1.69 has been good to us. It's almost time to move to EE. It has thoroughly been a pleasure.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 20 2019, 14:00 PM 

Player

No u!

Nah I hear what you mean. I think I was 15-16 when I came to Amia. Now im 32 in a month. I had my time away and I was bitter. But Amia welcomed me back. :D

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Pinkhaml86

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 20 2019, 17:38 PM 

Player

I've only been with amia for 5 years I think. but in those years i have nearly forgotten all the other servers. I've ran into a few people from empires of eternity on here, and its follow up server that I cannot remember to save the life of me. But all in all I think amias vast rp and amazing playerbase has truly made me the happiest I've been on a server.

thank you amia.

I cannot wait to see what will come in the future.

Yimmi

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 20 2019, 22:45 PM 

Player

I think I started playing here in 2011 with other 3 friends... We had a blast but to this day im the only one remaining... But damn i love Amia. Ive known so many amazing people, and i love our community.

Truly i cant wait to see what all the changes will bring to our already awesome World.

Amian family, lets keep it up!

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 01 2019, 3:30 AM 

Player

Amia ruined me for anyone else.

Oh and this server's pretty nice, too, I guess.

( ͡ಠ ͜ʖ ͡ಠ)

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 01 2019, 4:19 AM 

Player

I dont like Amia. I lost my wife and my job because of it, my crippling addiction has ruined my life and cost me everything I had.

Worse than heroine/10

thunderbrush

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 02 2019, 0:38 AM 

Player

What's a decade or two in the life of an immortal?

Michael Harcourte: Painter, Scribe.

Sebastian Mayartte: Gambler, MercenaryDeceased

LordAzack

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 02 2019, 19:53 PM 

Player

Coming up on my 13 or 14 year anniversary. When I first started here I had just separated from the Navy. I was angry, hurt, and had a massive chip on my shoulder. No one gave a fuck what PTSD was back in the day. There was no one waiting for you when you got off the plane. It took a loooong time and the help of a rather wise head-shrinker to get my mind right but Amia reallllly helped. You see this fantasy world helped me to be able to cope with the real world and issues I was having back then.

Thanks Amia. And even more thanks to those people who dealt with my bullshit the first few years I was here. Amia made me remember who I was, who I AM after I was discarded and I will be forever grateful!

Angelis96

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 03 2019, 11:26 AM 

Player

I myself have only been playing for five-ish years as well.

But, after having a lot of administrative bias and abuse to many a player including myself from Thain and causing me to leave, I found a home here on Amia to the point I can't see myself being a part of any other Neverwinter Nights community.

And I hope we continue to grow in EE and that a lot of people have fallen in love with this server and it's community as I have over the years. Let's keep it going ladies and gents and have all the fun in the world until flatline together.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 06 2019, 14:08 PM 

Player

This Song pretty much sums up my experience on Amia. Hotel California.

https://youtu.be/-nmpVYcg23c

Angelis96

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:19 AM 

Player

Impknightofireland wrote:

that moment when you know that hotel california is a song about being trapped in a satanic church with cannibals.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 09 2019, 19:42 PM 

Player

Angelis96 wrote:
Impknightofireland wrote:

that moment when you know that hotel california is a song about being trapped in a satanic church with cannibals.

:mrgreen:

StopDoingTheThing

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 14 2019, 19:15 PM 

Player

Thank Amia.

Amia took me in when Aria server got messed up with DM corruption. When Gatecrashers fell apart. No one here knows who I am, but Amia does.

Thank.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 17 2019, 18:11 PM 

Tester

I love my weekly P&P sessions with friends. We recently had a 3rd Edition "D&D Fest" over a weekend, where we went round robin DMing a campaign(really a collection of one-off dungeons), stopping only to barbecue, drink, and sleep. It was some of the most fun I've had in years and something that I really needed considering the onslaught of just crappy things that have come up in my life recently. The group work of coming up with a world together, moving that world as both a DM and a PC, the joy of discovering that story together is something I haven't found anywhere else.

Except here.

I don't know if I would have ever actually gotten into P&P were it not for Amia, specifically. I played NWN for years before(at least 2003, as Gold Edition was my first copy), bouncing around various Nordock modules, the original campaigns hosted on servers, and PvP arenas. It was fun, but it was just an online game like any other at that point for me. I wasn't really introduced to roleplaying until Noctar's Noble Realm, on which my two Amian mains were first given life. Seeing how their stories could evolve, shape and be shaped, was what kept me interested in Amia and eventually led me to pick up a Player's Handbook my freshman year of college.

Amia has changed a lot since then. A lot good, some not so good, as with most things. But I credit it so much with not only my current love of P&P, but eventually prodding me to explore writing, both as a pastime and a profession. The stories I made here with other players' characters are something I constantly reference, be it in writing workshops or behind the DM screen at the table as we're wrapping up. Those stories were as formative as anything I read or watched throughout my teen years and they have left an indelible mark on everything I've roleplayed or written since. Leaving in the sense that I did was as difficult as seeing one's favorite bookstore or hangout close, losing along with it a community or even a friend or two. This feeling was mirrored by the many, many losses I was experiencing in life at the time as well. But, on the other side of all of it, I grew. Grew in person and in appreciation, such that I am reminded of the words of a certain yellow bear.

You are loved, Amia. In memory and in spirit.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]