View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

What Days/Times to Run Events?
Weekday Events Only 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Weekend Events Only 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
1 Weekday Event & 1 Weekend Event 29%  29%  [ 11 ]
USA Mornings (6am-10am) 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
USA Afternoons (11am-3pm) 21%  21%  [ 8 ]
USA Evenings (4pm-8pm) 26%  26%  [ 10 ]
USA Nights (8pm-12am) 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 38
Jes

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 20 2019, 13:10 PM 

DM

I wanted to go ahead and make a post here for you guys as kind of an announcement. As Cordor is the primary "hub" for the server, I am going to be picking it up and breathing some life into it. There will probably be some changes to make it a bit easier for people to get involved again, and I plan on running a sort of modified Alternate Beginnings that current PCs can still get in on if you don't want to make a new PC (and I can't blame you for that- I wouldn't want to!).

The districts will still have their separate purposes, of course. My oversight will also extend to West Cordor, as it presently stands on its own two feet still. If you want to bring your West Cordorian back into the mix, I invite you to do so! Evil/Good/Neutral, I want to see all of your stories.

My biggest shout-out here is that if you want to have a hand in helping Cordor bloom into something that will catch the interest of new players who log into the city, feel free to hit me up in PMs or post your thoughts here on what would make Cordor more interesting for you. I have my own ideas for the administration level, but there's a lot more to the city than that. While I start working on putting Cordor on the map again, I invite you guys to poke your heads in and see what happens. I'm interested in hearing your ideas and working with you all to turn Cordor into a fun place to be again.

I'll see you in-game!

-----------------

New! Poll for registering proposed weekly event times for Cordor!

Vote in the poll and we'll see what days/times work best for peoples! I'd use Doodle, but that will take way too long and I'm lazy after doing all the other stuff. xD Feel free to select any number of options in the poll. USA times are Eastern times (EST/EDT).

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Jes

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 24 2019, 18:01 PM 

DM

As you can see from my post in DM Events, I have initiated the start of the new Cordor arc. The biggest take-away from this post is that we've largely wiped the slate clean, simplified the structure, and opened up opportunities to get more people involved easier.

The below information will give you something of a starting point, if you want to get involved. I've included some ideas for example characters for these districts, but don't feel like you can't go outside of these suggestions.

Cordor District Information

Cordor EastIndustry: Trade
Ministry Seat: Finance
Character Type Examples: Merchant PCs, Crafter PCs, Artificers; Wizards, Rogues, Bards

Details: Cordor East is the city's center of trade. The church of Waukeen is a dominant factor here, and commerce is widely practiced.

Cordor NorthIndustry: Farming, Philanthropy
Ministry Seat: Religion
Character Type Examples: Nature PCs, Tavern Workers, Religious/Spiritual PCs; Druids, Clerics, Monks

Details: Cordor North is composed largely of farmland. The presence of the Rusty Hoe Taphouse and the Temple of Love have given it an additional air of religious and philanthropic significance.

Cordor SouthIndustry: Military, Sea Trade
Ministry Seat: Law
Character Type Examples: Cordor Guards, Mercenaries, Bodyguards; Fighters, Weapon Masters, Knight Commanders, Archers

Details: The city's Guard headquarters and Prison are located in the Southern District, making it the more militaristic section of Cordor. Most members of the Guard reside here, but it is also home to the city's docks and shipyard. It is largely considered the most secure part of the city.

Cordor CentralIndustry: Magic, Research
Ministry Seat: Magic
Character Type Examples: Mages, Scholars, Historians; Wizards, Sorcerers, Bards

Details: Cordor Central is small compared to the other districts. Its focus is mostly on the Nexus, which is a network of portals leading to strange and dangerous locations. This Nexus appeared following the events of the Arcanum War, and the mages of the city have been focused on keeping it secure - and researching it.

Cordor WestIndustry: Entertainment, Crime
Ministry Seat: Recreation
Character Type Examples: Criminal PCs, Cutthroats, Pirates, Entertainers, Performers; Bards, Rogues, Shadow Dancers, Barbarians

Details: Cordor West holds itself separate from the rest of Cordor, but currently has no unified government or structure or leadership. They're perfectly content with that at the moment, but will be coming into contact with the other districts moving forward and so must decide if they want to partake in this new government or not.

GuldorandIndustry: Logging
Ministry Seat: Agriculture
Character Type Examples: Lumberjacks, Explorers, Woodsmen, Crafters; Rangers, Bards, Scouts

Details: Guldorand is a satellite of Cordor, taken under its purview some years ago when Cordor sought to expand its influence. They have largely been left to their own devices, so they are leery of being drawn closer to Cordor's government. Some can't help but hope that this will be a good thing, though.

----------

FAQ!

What does this mean for you?

I want to give you an opportunity to get involved in the city's affairs. There aren't any major PCs active in Cordor at the moment, so no one is eligible for the current election. But this is an effort to get the new structure situated so that you can insert yourself wherever you want to be - and if you want to run for the next election in six months (or whenever there's enough interest to host another one), then great!

Citizenship?

We've done away with the citizenship exams. We did this so that we can open up opportunities to more people. Feedback suggested that the old examination was daunting, especially for those who struggle OOC with pressure, test-taking, and English as a language. I have addressed this IC, as well, and soon I will implement a different sort of citizenship process that will be fully achievable in-game.

Alternate Beginnings (Ish)?

This is officially where I mark the start of the Cordor Alternate Beginnings. If you are interested in making a new character for Cordor (or in bringing in a character with past ties to Cordor), drop me a PM with the background for this character, a general idea of what you want to accomplish, and which district you'd like to be a part of. I'll read over it all give you the green-light to make them for this new arc. This is mostly for documentation purposes (and to make sure nothing is too over-the-top with your backgrounds :wink: )!

Current PCs with no ties to Cordor are welcome, of course, but obviously don't require sending me a PM about it unless you want to.

What are Your Cordor DM Times?

Most of our current players come on late GMT, which I am able to work with. I can also be available pretty much anytime during the days. Because my schedule is pretty open, I will set official times after I have an idea when people need me most, but generally I'll just say I can be around when I'm needed. Except for Thursdays between 12pm and 6pm GMT.

I am currently in GMT (London), so anything too late or too early in GMT (I'm talking like... 1am to 5am start times) would be a little much for me!

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 01 2019, 23:58 PM 

DM

This will be moving forward very soon! If anyone else wants to get involved with new or old characters, let me know!

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 05 2019, 22:39 PM 

DM

A few things!

-If you want your character to be involved in Cordor stuff (voting, social/political RP, etc), go to this thread and post that your character has gone and filled out the citizenship paperwork in the City Hall in Cordor East. (This will be more involved when I get the time to implement something better!)

-The election/new government information is available in this thread. Campaigning has been largely done in-game so far, but I'll have a post this weekend with some general information anyone can find out.

-Send me a PM if you want to involve a new character for the Alternate Beginnings side of this. If you just want to involve an old character you already play, let me know in PM or Discord.

-Send me a PM if you want to vote for any of the Ministry nominees, or if your character is looking for in-depth information about anyone in particular. Voting will be open until the 14th, so feel free to wait until I post my general thing this weekend!

-Send me a PM if your character wants to apply to join any of the government or economic branches. This could be anything from the Sewer Cleaners to Cordorian Guard. You can also make a post in the same Cordor thread, stating that your character filled out the application. But PM me if you prefer.

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 11 2019, 12:38 PM 

DM

The election and "boring" paperwork/planning side of the Cordor stuff is almost finished, and we have a handful of characters made up for this, so I'm gonna set up regular times to do Cordor stuff. I've set up a new poll in this topic for people who wanna get involved in Cordor stuff, so I can get an idea about timezones and when to run things.

Be sure to vote there! (And PM me if you wanna make a Cordor citizen PC and/or have an old PC you wanna get involved in this!)

I'd use Doodle, but that will take way too long and I'm lazy after doing all the other stuff. xD Feel free to select any number of options in the poll. USA times are Eastern times (EST/EDT).

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 15 2019, 0:24 AM 

DM

Cordor peeps: just a little event tomorrow at 1pm Eastern USA (6pm London time).

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 15 2019, 19:36 PM 

DM

Cordor peeeeps! Was good to see folks around for this today. :D

Next Cordor event will be on Thursday at 8pm GMT! Here's the countdown to it!

This one will be a bit more hands-on for my lowbies.

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19 2019, 0:19 AM 

DM

Hey, guys!

Next event is gonna be on Monday at 8pm GMT. This event is just gonna be a quick political one where the winners of the election are announced. Short but sweet, and everyone is free to come, as it has been a highly publicized affair in the city.

See you there!

(I won't be able to do any pre-planned weekend event this weekend 'cause of RL stuff involving PnP, Easter, and a birthday all at the same time!)

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, May 16 2019, 20:25 PM 

DM

Hello, folks!

Gonna be picking this up again now that I'm settled in the US. Tentatively setting the next event at next Thursday (the 23rd) at 8pm GMT. This'll be for the various people who signed up to join the Cordor Guard.

I'd do it this weekend, but my weekend is pretty full! And I'll have my Cordor NPCs out and about the city at various times in the meantime, so if you'd like to meet up with someone in particular, hit me up to arrange it. (Discord or PMs work!)

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Sat, May 25 2019, 10:02 AM 

DM

Gonna try this again for this Thursday at the same time, 8pm GMT. Sorry I couldn't do it before! RL monster and all.

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, May 30 2019, 14:34 PM 

DM

Reminder: This is in about 5.5 hours!

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 25 2019, 18:32 PM 

DM

I apologize for my general absence with Cordor things lately. I've been unwell, RL has been hectic, and I've been working on a few Dev projects at the same time. Haha!

Things should be picking up again with this next week!

See me DM-side as:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]