View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 14 2019, 16:23 PM 

DM

Thank you, Robbi! You had this baby for over two years and we love you for it.

I have taken it over now, so prepare to be Jesified! I'm keeping most of the text from Robbi's original post, as it saves time. The main important change I made is the Use Waiver, which basically says that if you submit a portrait to the pack, you are freely allowing others to download and use it. Watermarks will not be allowed unless you show that it is your image (ie. you paid for/drew it and it's yours legally). This isn't something that comes up often, but I don't want to have to handle requests or accusations of "portrait theft" so I'm keeping it simple for myself.

Here's his thread, for old versions of the pack and such.

Portrait Pack

This is a collection of the portraits that are made by the players of Amia (or copied from somewhere) for the characters of Amia (in many cases for themselves). If you have a nice custom portrait, and you want everyone else to see it or you want to add a bit more of a face to your character, send me your portraits.

How do I send the portraits?

1. Make your portrait from scratch:
show
Creating A Custom Portrait

Step 1.
Using an image editor of your choice that supports the Targa (.tga) format, create a new blank image 256 x 512 pixels in dimension. Example software includes Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro.

Only the top portion of the image is displayed in the game, so that the actual size of your portrait is 256 x 400 pixels. The bottom portion of the image MUST be blank and unused. If it is not blank, your computer will light on fire and explode when you try to save your game -- er, well, or it might just crash.

Areas of the image:

canvas is the entire image
portrait is the area used by the game
blank is the unused area (but required)

You can also download the files I created here (link). These are blank canvases, broken into two size types. Put your image into the "Template" versions to ensure the proper size, then open the "Final" versions and copy/paste the images into the larger canvases, aligned to the top. Leave the bottoms blank white, or you may experience game crashes. Then you can flatten the images and save them as described below. You will need WinZip/7zip to unzip these files.

Step 2.
Create your custom portrait, whatever it may be, in the "Template_h" file. Remember, even though the total size of the canvas in the "Final_h" version is 256 x 512 pixels, only use the top 256 x 400 pixels as diagrammed in the "Template_h" file.

Step 3.
Now you need to create five versions of the portrait for the game to use. Just open the rest of the Template/Final file versions to customize the look of the various sizes.

If you didn't download my files, the dimensions of the five versions needed are:

256x400 (on a 256x512 canvas) - _H, used for the Player Character Bio
128x200 (on a 128x256 canvas) - _L, used for the character sheet
64x100 (on a 64x128 canvas) - _M, used for the in-game portrait
32x50 (on a 32x64 canvas) - _S, used for the party members and radial menu
16x25 (on a 16x32 canvas) - _T, used for the chat thumbnail

Step 4.
You must save the images as Targa (.tga) files, (selecting the '24 bits' and 'uncompressed' options of your software). Compressed Targa files will not work in NWN. The filenames for the five versions must follow this pattern:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_h.tga (for the 256x512 canvas)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_l.tga (for the 128x256 canvas)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_m.tga (for the 64x128 canvas)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_s.tga (for the 32x64 canvas)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_t.tga (for the 16x32 canvas)

Where the prefix "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" is a name you create, is 1 to 15 characters in length, and the same for all five versions.

The 'h', 'l', 'm' ,'s', and 't' that follows the prefix indicates the size of the image (Huge, Large, Medium, Small, and Tiny).

Example:

Illunameryx_h.tga
Illunameryx_l.tga
Illunameryx_m.tga
Illunameryx_s.tga
Illunameryx_t.tga

As you can see, my example files all have the same prefix of "Illunameryx_" (since it is 12 characters in total, it follows the rule of being between 1 to 15 characters), and I also have each of the five versions - 'h', 'l', 'm' ,'s', and 't'.

Once you have either created your portrait, or downloaded one, you can use it in the game.

Alternatively:
Place the simple .jpg file of the image you'd like made into a portrait into your portrait folder without converting anything (ie. Illunamaeryx_.jpg). Boot up NWN, and at the main screen, bring up the console with the ~ key. Then type:

ConvertPortrait Illunamaeryx_

But with the name of your own file instead of Illunamaeryx_. NWN will then automatically resize and make 5 proper correct working copies of your picture. Make sure that you include all text in front of the image file extension (.jpg).

2. Send to my Email:
amia-portraits@jesacondrey.com
You will receive a confirmation auto-response, usually within a few minutes. (Check your junk folder in case it doesn't like me.)

3. Wait until I release my next portrait pack. This will be on the 1st or the 15th of the next or current month, depending on if I get any portrait entries.

Notes and Warnings

1. You can now change your portraits in the Character Modification room in the entry. Just speak to the Portrait Changer NPC and follow the prompts to enter the portrait name. Include everything in front of the h/l/m/s/t modifier. If your file name is Illunameryx_h.tga, then enter "Illunamaeryx_" when prompted. If it's Illunamaeryxh.tga, then enter "Illunamaeryx" instead. Don't add the h/l/m/s/t suffix or .tga extension.

2. The file name needs to be shorter than 15 symbols in front of the file extension (.tga), of which one has to be the correct suffix (h/l/m/s/t).

3. Send the files in zip format. Rar or 7zip are also okay.

4. Please have the subject of the mail as [Amia] Portrait of CharacterName. Then I can make a list with every updated portrait more easily.

5. Put your own portrait in the Portraits folder, but put the portraits from this Portrait Pack in the Override folder. Both will allow you to see the portrait ingame, but putting the large pack into the Portraits folder shows them all into character creation, which will cause NWN to crash or to load the portrait selection screen extremely slowly.

6. If you want me to remove a portrait from the pack, PM me with the reason and I'll follow common-sense-due-process!

7. If your portrait is missing, PM me, and I can try to see where it got lost. This also is true with the transition from Robbi to me. If your portrait suddenly is not showing, please tell me and I'll see what I can do.

8. I won't accept watermarks on images. Generally speaking, it's crappy to add watermarks unless you actually own the artwork (self-drawn or commissioned). If you just found an image on DeviantArt or Instagram, then anyone else could find that image, too, and use it. Might as well make things simple and just let them use "your" version. Exception: You commissioned or drew the artwork specifically for your character. If you want a watermark on these, just mention that this is the case in your email and I won't auto-boot it.

9. Use Waiver: Partly because of point 8, I will not take any responsibility for or police use if someone else uses your portrait. This is a public portrait pack. By submitting to it, you are making it publicly available to download and use by anyone. This isn't something that happens often, but don't be shocked if someone else is using one you put together. If anything, it's a compliment to your taste.

10. Keep the portraits safe for work and within the rules of Amia. I will look at all pictures you send me, and I will remove any pictures that break Amia forum posting rules. Cleavage - Yes; Nudity - No. Same goes with gore/torture.

11. I will update as needed, depending on when I receive submissions. Look for updates on the 1st or 15th of the month. I'm only keeping archives of the latest 3 packs, since I'm hosting these files on my own server for ease. We really shouldn't need more than that, anyway.

New Portraits
Sui'Aerl Valis
Marcus Valis
Sythea Lumen
Kerath

Archive

Enjoy!

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 01 2019, 23:27 PM 

DM

Portrait Pack for April 1st is up!

(It's not a joke!)

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 10 2019, 17:51 PM 

DM

So, I haven't done this since April because I wasn't getting any emails. Turns out I WAS GETTING A FEW. It just wasn't coming through on my Mail app for some reason. One randomly pinged through for me today and I went in to look. Buuut it's only two emails, so that's okay.

I'll do an update tomorrow, but I'm only doing add-ons for now. My internet connection is limited and doing the full pack for a handful of portraits is excessive. xD

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 12 2019, 18:34 PM 

DM

Updated!

Again, no new Full pack this month, because of internet limitations on my end till October. Just grab the add-on!

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 02 2019, 0:52 AM 

DM

Just noting here that I haven't been getting any emails for portraits to include in the pack. So remember that you can still do this!

And also just so I know myself that I haven't just forgotten. xD

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 04 2020, 5:06 AM 

DM

New portrait pack! It went a long time between updates, but I just didn't want to update the whole thing with like... one new one. And then I realized my switch to a new host for my website broke the old links because the URL changed ever-so-slightly. xD

Anyway, there are four now and it is fixed!

New ones in the add-on since the last Full:

Cromlech
Ronyo
Triss'vyr
Kell Ap Morgan

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 30 2020, 15:41 PM 

DM

Forgot to do this in April, but remembered for May (didn't have anything for a March update)! Even did it a day early! I also updated the broken link to the templates, since I missed that one after my website move.

New Portraits:

Amalthea
Cian
Declan
Dylan
Jorah
Lerodan
Niko
Solomon
Talahn
Thorvald
Vergil
Kemet
Lanerd

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 14 2020, 17:30 PM 

DM

I forgot about this until just now. Been busy this month!

New Portraits for June:

Sui'Aerl Valis
Marcus Valis
Sythea Lumen
Kerath

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 02 2020, 16:35 PM 

DM

This will continue on the new forums! Updated today there.

See me DM-side as:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]