View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Kronox

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 19 2019, 19:45 PM 

Player

So I was thinking about how we have all these people who pour countless hours into hashing out requests and sitting topside to run events for us rather than play on their own characters and all we can really do is be polite and say thank you. Don't you wish you could buy your DM's a drink now and again? Maybe send them a pizza? Because I sure do!

I'm opening this up for discussion on ways that we can really show appreciation. My idea is to maybe have a Paypal Account set up that the DM's can pull from when they go get a drink, or order some food that players so inclined could toss funds into when able. They could keep tabs on who uses it to keep it fair or whatnot if they so desired, but that's just one idea.

Anybody have any other ideas? Or ways to make that one happen?

Zafriah

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 19 2019, 22:55 PM 

Player

You've just reminded me to donate again.

There's a donate to Amia button down the bottom....I have a feeling that there's not enough donations to keep the server running and Disco is still probably topping up the funds out of his own pocket, keeping things running so we can play.

Kamina

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 20 2019, 16:27 PM 

Player

Yes, please donate to the server as opposed to the DMs. We DM for fun as much as we and you play for fun. While we all appreciate the gesture, I think I can speak for both DMs and players where I think having paypals for us just for DMing isn’t a very... how to say, “integral” thing to do.

Nothing stopping anyone privately wanting to donate I guess but I hope you understand why it’s best we don’t have public donations for DMs!

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

maglorine

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 20 2019, 16:36 PM 

Player

Good reminder. Just donated. Great place to support!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]