View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 
The Little Dragon

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 27 2018, 12:55 PM 

Player

So a player brought up that the only way to make a tangible ammount of gold is to grind one of the many dungeons. Lets say for example, its beastmen, so the player makes about 50 to 100 thousand gold each run. Is there any other way of going about getting the same amount of gold?

"A master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and not to show discord."

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 27 2018, 13:52 PM 

Player

I posted in that thread, but I can think of quite a few ways to make a good ammount of cash.

1. Intel selling. People might pay top coin to learn secrets that they otherwise would not be able to learn themselves.
2. High end loot middle man (requires some capital up front) Buy and sell epic loot and take a fraction for yourself.
3. IC jobs. I've paid people IC before to do various tasks like be a bouncer or to run messages for me.
4. Crafting - look around, pick a crafting job that you see lacking, and go for it.
5. Beg (IC) - heh, it can work.

Those are just a few I can think of.

Fel'Brin - I am one with the shadows

walnutboy

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 27 2018, 14:08 PM 

Player

I rarely get that from beast men... clearly doing it wrong!

Magiros

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 27 2018, 14:15 PM 

Player

Hrothmus wrote:
1. Intel selling. People might pay top coin to learn secrets that they otherwise would not be able to learn themselves.

I think this one will have the highest prices, though at the same time most dangerous too.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 27 2018, 15:50 PM 

Player

There is no way to make the same amount of money any way mechanically. The first one is completely dependant if the character has enough contacts and friends to actually gather intel that's worth giving away that's worth that much coin, which for un-established characters, is nearly impossible.

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 27 2018, 16:00 PM 

Player

The point is that there doesn't -need- to be a way to make the same amount of money mechanically. We are an RP server and RP rewards are actually greater than what you can gain via mechanics.

Fel'Brin - I am one with the shadows

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 27 2018, 16:07 PM 

Player

I cant wait to cash in my RP Reward money at the next Djinn auction. :D

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 27 2018, 16:24 PM 

DM

My archer has to borrow (and never pay back) money from daddy all the time just to afford healing supplies. >.> I know the pain of not having much money. She's doing much better now that the ammo bag is a straight 100gp, though.

That said, when I played a merchant PC (Zelly), she had a ridiculous amount of money and never hunted even once. But that kind of character is like having a second job. Money isn't easy to get for people who legitimately don't have time to grind for it (and don't fit into the niches indicated above). The cap was put on gold back when the economy was booming. Nowadays it only hurts the people who never had money anyway.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

rafaelmacgyver

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 27 2018, 17:39 PM 

Player

Emilly once sold 5000k+ Job System resources for like 3 or 4 Epic items, including Cloak of Fortitude +5.

Emilly MacMillan (Happy)

Image Image

Sprites by Raua!

Lutra

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 27 2018, 21:11 PM 

Player

some of the job system jobs also pay you pretty well

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 28 2018, 1:01 AM 

Player

I know it's not the answer you are looking for, but yuan-ti pays a lot better than beastmen do!

I don't know if it was intended, but the lootbin rework really hurt the reward for beastmen.

Also, while it's not the fastest way, I was able to earn 30-ish K from the slot machines on Demonreach.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 01 2018, 0:06 AM 

Player

minos -> desert outskirts -> stingers -> repeat

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 01 2018, 1:36 AM 

Player

literally all my characters are completely broke. I have no idea how people have the ridiculous amounts of money they have.

Pinkhaml86

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 01 2018, 2:39 AM 

Player

honestly what tormak said, I was shorts
some coin on a djinn day, ran that lap once, made 200k. don't get me wrong that's higher than average, but still best circle out there.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 01 2018, 12:20 PM 

Player

I have no clue how some people have trouble with gold, nor on what they are spending it.

- Wallter has 2 million gold (this one is somewhat understandable.. even though most of the dungeoning he's done has been with other players and I left them all of the loots)
- Roger is level 15, hasn't bought much yet, but has 200 000 right now despite being low level
- Lavim has plenty of cash, and I only leveled him through cider / juices when the job gave exp
- Quiver has a decent amount as well, despite being in the levels that require buying lots of items
- Grimsylik is in the same case as Quiver...
- Saya currently sits on 70k or so right now, despite the --effort-- I put into making her poor.

Saya does not go out hunting that often, and when she does, she usually does not want to carry stuff, especially if they are heavy (so I leave most if not all loots to others, and I don't even take her gold share). I have made donations left and right, helped players in all sorts of ways (including buying +5 armor at the gauntlet for them), I bought all of Ania's deity ring collection when she sold it off at Hil'rash, I "sell" my items for silly trades (like wearing a fake moustache for X time for a cloak of fortification)... and despite all that, it took me almost 2 years to manage to drop from 2 million to 5k gold.. and got it back up to 70k without trying

Before wondering how to make gold, it might be a good idea to wonder how you ended up needing it in the first place. Do you buy 10000000 potions and use them when not necessary? Do you sell to the right merchants? (Hil'rash has a higher buying cap, but gives shit prices) Do you re-equip your entire character's gear whenever you gain a level? Do you use healing kits, or are you always using healing potions?

I am legit curious..

Some classes can just sit in the Cordor arena and create wands and make ridiculous amount of profit. Casters can just agro an entire map and cast one spell to clear them all and then earn upwards of 70-100k gold per cast........

robbi320

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 01 2018, 12:37 PM 

Player

First time I'm agreeing with Mushidoz, at least to an extent. :P

In my expereince, there's a lot of stuff going on for characters being rich or poor, and it depends a lot on what you consider rich. My level 10 cleric has 100k gold on him, because I haven't bought any gear, and hardly any potions at all, because clerics are awesome. And the last few times he went out hunting, he didn't pick up any loot, because he honestly doesn't need any of it. Zayn, my 25-ish cleric, went out epic-hunting pretty regularly for a while, which means on top of the 1 mil he has on him, he has a decent stash of epics. Then again, a certain part of it all comes down to luck. Get a tome of mystra or a fort cloak? You just got 10-20 mil on a drop, if not more. On the other hand, there's stuff like a trueforged trident (or even a halberd), which is more like 300k, if even that. All of my higher-leveld characters managed to get 1 mil on top of gear worries, mostly just by leveling.

Then again, if we're talking -rich-, well, I believe a large part would just come from dedicaytion to their characters. The characters I know that have all the gold (it seems, like when the djinn had his auctions, and stuff) have been around the server for ages. And on average, whatever you do when you're level 30, you earn more than you spend.

As a side note, I took Alex through a round of minos and stingers, and he earned 150k from one round. And I'm pretty sure that's a round most 30s should be able to do. Took about an hour, but I wasn't exactly hurrying, and I didn't buff him at all. It's a bit grindy, but it's either that or a few years of investment, so...

Revak

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 01 2018, 14:19 PM 

Player

Most of my coin has been drummed up from running the epic boss runs. Back when the market was accepting of coin for epics it turned up a tidy sum. These days though it's mainly from clearing out the area. I usually make 300k per run of my usual route (Snowbeast, Pirate, Fire Giants and Duergar).

Politically Correct

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 01 2018, 19:39 PM 

Player

Question is - Why making money on Amia. Sure, gold is useful low-level wise, but it turns useless during end game.

That said, gold wise nothing beats boss farming. On the way to boss you farm highest tier bin items and if you're lucky, boss drops boss tier item you can sell for x million or use yourself.

Zafriah

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 01 2018, 22:31 PM 

Player

Politically Correct wrote:
Question is - Why making money on Amia. Sure, gold is useful low-level wise, but it turns useless during end game.

Upkeep of faction areas and Djinn items. But yes, mostly when my characters get to higher levels I don't care for collecting gold...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]