View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 06 2018, 17:12 PM 

Player

I don't have EE yet, but should the need arise I'd be willing to throw a few EE Versions around for people who can't afford it.

It's like, what, 20 Bucks?

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 09 2018, 14:00 PM 

Player

I'm on EE as well, as it is the only stable way to play on a Mac atm

vhunelar

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 09 2018, 18:00 PM 

Player

Short Version:
I have a serious concern that switching to EE will cause at least a few of us to be forced out. We can't play on EE due to computer requirements; we've tried. The computer specs for running nwn:ee are vastly more expensive than nwn vanilla.

Is the long term intent to switch to EE ONLY, or allow vanilla and EE both? If it's EE ONLY I won't be able to play anymore.

=====
Long Version:
Like to note as part of this discussion that there are those of us out here who do not have computers which will run nwn:ee. It's nice to offer to buy the software for others, but at $20 it's not the software that's the issue. To run it you need a gamer's machine with dedicated graphics card. Something I cannot justify spending money on now or in the foreseeable future. If anyone knows a reasonably priced solution to this problem I'm all ears.

I bought a copy of nwn:ee and I know others have also and it does not run for us worth a damn without buying a fancy graphics card/better cpu/more memory. I think some of you must have some very expensive computers and are not aware this is an issue. Various have told me they use $2000+ boxes to run it well, or $1500 at a minimum. Personally I am very frustrated I can no longer play nwn on many servers because I cannot justify spending that kind of cash on something just to play with slightly different graphics than old nwn.

Unlike what may be the norm with many of those playing here... when I play games, I don't play the kind of games that need fancy computers to run them. I am quite pissed off that nwn:ee has some very small graphical improvements which make it totally unplayable on my computer, while original nwn works just fine. When I see some of you saying "switch to EE or amia is dooooommmmmmmmed" i get a little annoyed...my interests at least are that we don't switch. It may be that I and the few others like me are an oddity and the group won't mind losing us as 'collateral damage' in making the switch, or it may be that there are more people than I know of in exactly the same situation who are afraid to speak up.

A solution (as mentioned) that allows ee users to play alongside vanilla players sounds great, but if the solution INSISTS on EE to play a few of us will be forced to say goodbye to AMIA. Because of an effort to get more players we will be kicked out.

So I'd like to know...is the long term intent to switch to EE....or to let EE players join in with those using the older client?

Jes

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 09 2018, 18:13 PM 

DM

It is not a switch to EE. It is a plugin to allow EE players to connect.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

vhunelar

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 09 2018, 18:29 PM 

Player

Jes wrote:
It is not a switch to EE. It is a plugin to allow EE players to connect.

That's awesome. Thanks for replying Jes.

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 10 2018, 18:22 PM 

Player

vhunelar wrote:
Short Version:
I have a serious concern that switching to EE will cause at least a few of us to be forced out. We can't play on EE due to computer requirements; we've tried. The computer specs for running nwn:ee are vastly more expensive than nwn vanilla.

Is the long term intent to switch to EE ONLY, or allow vanilla and EE both? If it's EE ONLY I won't be able to play anymore.

=====
Long Version:
Like to note as part of this discussion that there are those of us out here who do not have computers which will run nwn:ee. It's nice to offer to buy the software for others, but at $20 it's not the software that's the issue. To run it you need a gamer's machine with dedicated graphics card. Something I cannot justify spending money on now or in the foreseeable future. If anyone knows a reasonably priced solution to this problem I'm all ears.

I bought a copy of nwn:ee and I know others have also and it does not run for us worth a damn without buying a fancy graphics card/better cpu/more memory. I think some of you must have some very expensive computers and are not aware this is an issue. Various have told me they use $2000+ boxes to run it well, or $1500 at a minimum. Personally I am very frustrated I can no longer play nwn on many servers because I cannot justify spending that kind of cash on something just to play with slightly different graphics than old nwn.

Unlike what may be the norm with many of those playing here... when I play games, I don't play the kind of games that need fancy computers to run them. I am quite pissed off that nwn:ee has some very small graphical improvements which make it totally unplayable on my computer, while original nwn works just fine. When I see some of you saying "switch to EE or amia is dooooommmmmmmmed" i get a little annoyed...my interests at least are that we don't switch. It may be that I and the few others like me are an oddity and the group won't mind losing us as 'collateral damage' in making the switch, or it may be that there are more people than I know of in exactly the same situation who are afraid to speak up.

A solution (as mentioned) that allows ee users to play alongside vanilla players sounds great, but if the solution INSISTS on EE to play a few of us will be forced to say goodbye to AMIA. Because of an effort to get more players we will be kicked out.

So I'd like to know...is the long term intent to switch to EE....or to let EE players join in with those using the older client?

Woah wait a second. Are you sure we are talking about the same game here?

Firstly, as Jes said. What we are currently working on is allowing EVERYONE, that is those with the old version of the game and those with the new version of the game, to connect to and play on the same server.

As to needing an expensive computer to play NeverWinter Nights Enhanced Edition, I have to completely disagree.

I've pulled the minimum requirements off the steam store page for you:

System Requirements (windows)MINIMUM:
Processor: 1 GHZ
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: OpenGL 3.0 compatible
Storage: 10 GB available space

These requirements are VERY light. If I actually sat down and build a computer around these requirements, I could do so quite cheap (I bet I could go under $400).

I'm not trying to get you to switch to EE or anything like that, just wanted to point out that you do NOT need a fancy computer to run this game.

Fel'Brin - I am one with the shadows

vhunelar

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 11 2018, 10:48 AM 

Player

Hrothmus wrote:
vhunelar wrote:

These requirements are VERY light. If I actually sat down and build a computer around these requirements, I could do so quite cheap (I bet I could go under $400).

I'm not trying to get you to switch to EE or anything like that, just wanted to point out that you do NOT need a fancy computer to run this game.

Like I said, I have EE, and a better computer than the one listed above (more than $400 worth). As soon as you get much action, or even many players on screen it stutters deeply. As in slideshow mode. Minimum means it will turn on I guess, not that it will run in a way you can use...if others have different experience I'd love to hear what they are doing differently as it is truly annoying.

I've been told when I've asked around that EE only runs well on fairly powerful gaming platforms due to it's 'tweaked' graphics. Again, if I'm wrong and it actually will play, I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong....

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 11 2018, 11:38 AM 

Player

I have the same issue with regular NwN, where in combat it FPS will drop *dramatically* to the point it almost looks frozen. And that is me running on 5k worth of hardware. So :(

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 11 2018, 11:56 AM 

Player

What graphics cards are you all running that are having issues?

Just curious at this point.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 11 2018, 12:01 PM 

Player

NVIDIA GTX1080. Weird thing is it never used to stutter.

walnutboy

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 11 2018, 12:11 PM 

Player

vhunelar wrote:
Hrothmus wrote:
vhunelar wrote:

Like I said, I have EE, and a better computer than the one listed above (more than $400 worth). As soon as you get much action, or even many players on screen it stutters deeply. As in slideshow mode. Minimum means it will turn on I guess, not that it will run in a way you can use...if others have different experience I'd love to hear what they are doing differently as it is truly annoying.

I've been told when I've asked around that EE only runs well on fairly powerful gaming platforms due to it's 'tweaked' graphics. Again, if I'm wrong and it actually will play, I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong....

Not alone, I get a stuttering effect as well and at times as areas load they freeze. I'd put this down to lag usually but when the server you're on is in testing and it's only you... as well as happening in solo player, you have to question. The advice I got, both official and from other players was to update my graphics driver or replace my new card...

slkNihilus

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 11 2018, 12:16 PM 

Player

NWN is poorly optimized and will drop frames like it's nothing on any system, no matter how beefy.

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 11 2018, 12:46 PM 

Player

Yeah, must be bad optimization then, like suggested.

I don't have any issues when I play EE but I really haven't put in a whole lot of hours into EE so far.

I do have a very fast SSD so I wonder if that is helping with my area loads.

vhunelar

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 11 2018, 13:01 PM 

Player

Yes, all versions drop frames, for sure!

nwn standard works fine on my current machine (relatively fine at least), while nwn ee only works for talking with a few chars....as soon as any combat starts it goes into slide show...and I die :)

(thanks to all who supplied input, much appreciated)

Revak

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 11 2018, 13:37 PM 

Player

I echo Richard's words (same graphics card and similar systems), although I get the occasional clipping of areas (long line of grey sweeping over an entire area for a few moments). It doesn't really bother me as it's fleeting, but old NwN is just deprecating with age and seems to be falling to more issues as hardware standards improve. As for NWN:EE's performance, i've only played an hour or so tops of it so couldn't give a full run down. Wouldn't imagine the spruce up of graphics would cause slightly older machines to have problems though.

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 11 2018, 14:58 PM 

Player

This is actually the reason why I can't play the vanilla version. I bootcamp to windows 10 and it is basically unplayable. Even light combat is stuttery.

EE on my Mac is flawless so far as far as frame rate goes

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 11 2018, 23:54 PM 

Player

nVidia cards have a history of breaking OpenGL. When my 8800GT died and I neede da new card I researched the hell out of it and, at that time, the Fermi drivers for every nVidia card had broken OpenGL so it would do just what people are describing, stutter and freeze when a lot of stuff was on the screen. I ended up going with a ATI 5770 and never had any issues. Ironically they fixed the issue a week or so after I bought my 5770!

Wouldn't doubt it would happen again. However I can confirm what Revak is saying (the sweeping bar) is an nVidia issue because I never had it at home on my ATI card but when I used my work laptop which had an nVidia card it would do that (though it didn't have any stuttering at that time). That was two years ago, so.... I'm not surprised there's issues still lol

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 13 2018, 0:46 AM 

Player

To coincide with what I said, I just stumbled on this: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=89949

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Revak

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 04 2018, 14:08 PM 

Player

*Casts Raise Thread*

Jes

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 30 2018, 15:06 PM 

DM

Enhanced Edition is on sale on Steam, if anyone wanted to snatch it up.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/7044 ... d_Edition/

See me DM-side as:

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 30 2018, 15:30 PM 

Player

I was lucky and managed to snag myself a copy in a contest or if be taking full advantage of this

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Revak

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 11 2018, 9:48 AM 

Player

Hey folks, haven't seen this updated in a while. Is there any news or updates regarding the gateway out of curiosity?

Luckbringer

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 18 2019, 18:40 PM 

Player

I just noticed that NWN:EE is available in the Google play store and can be played on a phone. What has the world come to?

Azirith

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 27 2019, 5:44 AM 

Player

I just downloaded it on a tablet and it runs so smooth
So many players too, when is AMIA coming to EE cause these other servers are rubbish

ucfgoose

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 28 2019, 4:54 AM 

Developer

Looking for an update here myself. Has any headway been made? Is anybody even trying? The original client is running like butt on my system and EE seems to be the only way I can play without a headache, thus my lack of being on despite being a jobless bum.

Kuria - Lawful Misunderstood

Tyrone Stormont - Diplomat

Kamina

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 28 2019, 15:02 PM 

Player

There are very recent revelations that are aiding us to moving over to EE. No ETA but we are proactively working on it.

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

O'Raghailligh

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 13 2019, 10:15 AM 

Player

70% off NWN Enhanced for the next 6 hours. Good time to buy it if you can. https://store.steampowered.com/app/7044 ... d_Edition/

T0mc4t89

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 13 2019, 11:06 AM 

Player

Oooh nice, thanks O'Raghailligh!

maglorine

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 13 2019, 11:27 AM 

Player

Bought mine today on that sale. Downloading now!

maglorine

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 13 2019, 11:57 AM 

Player

Seems to open fine on my PC and I found the AmiaEE Test Server on the list.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 18 2019, 12:37 PM 

Player

I've noticed that I appear to be getting a 'BadStrRef(###)' error in the base game, mostly from the things Amia has added in the .hak. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 18 2019, 12:59 PM 

Player

Could you elaborate or send me a screen shot?

Here or discord will do

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 18 2019, 13:15 PM 

Player

Turns out it's just an issue with NwN:EE and loading/unloading haks.

Mitchell.Dalton

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 05 2019, 10:31 AM 

Player

On Sale until July 9th for 80% off. That’s $4. Steam version.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/7044 ... d_Edition/

pixel471

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 19 2019, 16:02 PM 

Player

Revak wrote:
*Casts Raise Thread*

Azirith wrote:
So many players too, when is AMIA coming to EE cause these other servers are rubbish

Me and my friends used to play Amia a lot about 5, maybe 8 years back-ish but buying an original copy of nwn (that works) is almost impossible.
There are so many people that simply can't play this great server because it's too ancient.

Kudark

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 19 2019, 17:37 PM 

Player

pixel471 wrote:
Revak wrote:
*Casts Raise Thread*

Azirith wrote:

Me and my friends used to play Amia a lot about 5, maybe 8 years back-ish but buying an original copy of nwn (that works) is almost impossible.
There are so many people that simply can't play this great server because it's too ancient.

You can get the game on GOG, and I believe it's the updated version with all the patches.

pixel471

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 19 2019, 17:56 PM 

Player

Quote:
You can get the game on GOG, and I believe it's the updated version with all the patches.

Nope :/ You can't get this game anywhere.

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 19 2019, 18:28 PM 

Player

https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_ni ... ition_pack

Includes the original diamond edition as per description. Though I agree the move to EE is long overdue. Hopefully all our technical issues will be solved and the server ported before Arelith adds haks so we can scoop up a lot more new players.

pixel471

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 19 2019, 18:54 PM 

Player

lilmarcat wrote:
https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_nights_enhanced_edition_pack

Includes the original diamond edition as per description. Though I agree the move to EE is long overdue. Hopefully all our technical issues will be solved and the server ported before Arelith adds haks so we can scoop up a lot more new players.

Wow really? Thanks! I bought multiple copies of NWN original online before but the online keys were always broken.
Arelith has a huge number of players who are only there because there are no better alternatives yet.

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 19 2019, 20:11 PM 

Player

If you bought your copies from GoG previously email them asking for a unique working multiplayer key. They often just give you a generic one that ends up being shared by multiple other people.

Commie

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 20 2019, 19:08 PM 

Player

Don't have my old CD key anymore. The one from GoG I have no longer is the same.

Once EE hits will you guys be able to make sure I can get back in my old account?

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Budly

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 20 2019, 19:12 PM 

Player

Commie wrote:
Don't have my old CD key anymore. The one from GoG I have no longer is the same.

Once EE hits will you guys be able to make sure I can get back in my old account?

That should be possible. But, maybe some of the crew could manage to fish out your CD key?

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 22 2019, 2:41 AM 

DM

Amia EE Current Hak Updates

These are used in conjunction with your current Amia haks. Just drop them into the right folders alongside the others and you will be able to access the EE server once it updates. Once Jes updates it she will make an announcement so don't log in till its all up to date.

Steam Workshop Link

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1895724768

Google Drive Download Link

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 22 2019, 4:16 AM 

DM

Amia EE Test server is updated.

pixel471

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 22 2019, 18:59 PM 

Player

Maverick00053 wrote:
Amia EE Test server is updated.

Does this mean Amia is on EE then? Or is this just a temporary test?

Jes

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 22 2019, 19:08 PM 

DM

pixel471 wrote:
Maverick00053 wrote:
Amia EE Test server

It's just a test server. We're not gonna be running 1.69 and EE at the same time. Once EE is live, 1.69 Amia won't be live anymore.

See me DM-side as:

Commie

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 22 2019, 22:19 PM 

Player

Maverick00053 wrote:

These are used in conjunction with your current Amia haks. Just drop them into the right folders alongside the others and you will be able to access the EE server once it updates. Once Jes updates it she will make an announcement so don't log in till its all up to date.

Steam Workshop Link

Nice! My screenshot made the Steam cut!

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Gremin

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 31 2019, 2:19 AM 

Player

Maverick00053 wrote:

Steam Workshop Link

You linked the same url twice to the steam workshop, fyi.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 27 2019, 5:09 AM 

Player

https://www.beamdog.com/news/faq-neverw ... -xbox-ps4/

Quote:
Persistent worlds:

These are long-running Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition campaigns designed hosted and DM’d by fellow players. These game worlds can host up to 250+ players at a time. You’ll be able to join the following player-run campaigns as adventurers: Arelith and Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist.

YIKES.

Quote:
The persistent worlds of Arelith and Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist are available for Xbox One and Nintendo Switch players. This feature is not available for PlayStation 4.
Cross-platform multiplayer is available for Xbox One and Nintendo Switch players. This feature is not available for PlayStation 4 (online multiplayer with other PlayStation 4 players is available).
The Xbox One version supports automatic cloud saving.

LOL.

Drakos_Vek

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 27 2019, 5:18 AM 

Player

Why is that a thing? If I am reading it right, it's JUST those two persistent servers (not even other custom content)?

Derryn de'Drenise - Watcher of Helm - Scolder of witches and wizards

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next