View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Candle

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 15:02 PM 

Player

Heya Amians!

On my way into work this morning I was thinking about Candle’s story and where she’s going as a character, and it occurred to me that I never actually planned on playing Candle as long as I have now. In fact, she was created as my throw away character so I could get to know the setting a little better before creating a different character idea I had that now is lost to the ether.

The only stipulations I had on Candle when I created her was that she was to use a Warhammer (because crits), be a Paladin of a non-hin god with a tragic backstory (because how else would that come to pass?), and be emotionally in tune to everything and everyone that is around her so she can help them (which has inadvertently lead to her getting her heart broken a couple times).

That’s it. Now somehow she’s become a character I love, and even morphed into a better version of herself for a novel in the planning stages. All by accident.

So now as she’s beginning to multi-class and become more than she was when I started, I’m curious if anyone else has ended up with a main character by accident. Anyone else got a story out there?

Mr. Hackums

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 15:12 PM 

Player

Ohmygosh, absolutely.

One of my first characters was Lentiano Thenden (NWN generated name), a paladin in unchanged +2 fullplate with a pink +2 nymph cloak. He happened across the character Friar Goodmane, a Lathanderite priest who happened to be an awesome player. I was so enthralled with his organization and rp that I immediately walked into the Lathander church, studied the idol and spoke to the priest to learn all I could about Lathander, then shelved my silly paladin and made a new character.

Dawnbringer Aylomen.

Only half-NWN generated name. I had just learned that Dawnbringer was a title for a lowly priest. Figuring this to be obvious enough for a connection, I have my character walk through Cordor, bump into Friar Goodmane, and was like, "Whoooa, Lathanderite?" "Whoooaa, brethren!"

And then Aylomen became my main character for years, developing and growing--building and ruining relationships, factions, etc.

davis114

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 15:14 PM 

Player

Crunch, Idan, and Sundyr. Crunch isn't even close to a decent build, but I made him work. I made him to get used to the setting, nine years ago now. He went on to do more than I ever thought he would. Most of it wasn't planned. I was just along for the ride. I played him for at least two years solid.

Idan was pretty infamously a joke character. He was part of a family of elves that were supposed to follow Erevan, and prank everyone on the server. Events changed what he was, as his family slowly died out. It was actually fascinating for me to watch. I had no idea he would become what he did.

Sundyr was just a pretty face. Literally. Everything that happened with him went much further than I ever anticipated. In my early days of playing Amia, all I wanted to do was have some fun and make some laughs. I did that, and my rp was never really taken seriously. For good reason. I mean, I wanted Crunch to be Warlord so bad for the simple reason that I wanted people to have to ICly call him Captain Crunch. Seriously. That was it. Then once I got that status, and started making decisions, I realized how much more he could be.

There was a turning point like that for nearly all of my characters. Where I went into playing them with a vague concept or idea, then realized what they could be along their rp path. That's why I generally lose interest in characters that I actually plan. I like to be surprised. All of my favorite mains over the years have surprised me. I guess that's what makes them interesting. It was almost like it wasn't me controlling them sometimes. I was just along for the ride. And it was just a helluva ride.

MoshingChris wrote:
Dude makes like a drunk even when he's sober.

That Guy

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 15:16 PM 

Player

Well... let's see....

Trey'elin Fre'lin: Started out as a minmaxed powerbuild that I fell in love with, so much so that I had her recently rebuilt with more acceptable stats.

Charles 'Chance' Geiger: Was my Tymorran cleric who was meant to be a bosshunter. Ended up meeting some princess and almost got married, worked for those people in green that live on a rock.

Ally Talley: My "Sit back and relax" PC. Ally was made to just be fun to play and knock around with. It's only been two weeks, really, only two weeks, and, well, she's turned into my main, and a lot of fun.

I think the best characters are the ones not planned. I don't mean from a build perspective, I mean in general. If you know every little thing a character is and does from minute one, where do you go from there? The spontaneous concepts that have just a guideline to go by tend to turn into the most meaningful characters for me, because they change and grow with their situation and story.

Mr. Hackums

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 15:19 PM 

Player

I've done this a couple other times too.

One of my most successful characters, albeit on another server, was conceptually simply: "A young, naive spellsword with a wooden practice sword as a focus instead of an actual blade."

And he ended up blossoming into a dynamic character.

I think that some of my best characters have been impromptu concepts. Lightly done. I think that if you leave your characters more open-ended conceptually, that you allow for the environment to shape them. The character becomes malleable-- and this flexibility means that you can continue to find ways to involve him.

At least for me this tends to be the case. I've made characters where I put a looot of thought into background details, into how I imagine their story to progress and unfold, and into what I want to try to accomplish. And those characters, more often than not, end up falling into inactivity because I inevitably find that the character's storyline in my head is more 'true' to what I had imagined than the storyline I'm able to produce in Amia. So I'm frustrated and torn between trying to achieve what I set out to achieve because I know it'd be cool-- but in the end not being able to guide and move all the parts of the puzzle and all the other characters into what I had initially envisioned.

What I personally struggle with is that in order to make a new character now, I have to be pretty inspired by an idea because I don't find grinding to be fun. So the only way I can successfully make a character is to put enough thought and inspiration into the concept so that I'm motivated to survive the grind. But not too much that I suffocate the possibilities of natural development. Or to make him in a group-- but group concepts have a habit of dying off when someone loses interest.

Oh, the struggle!

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 17:50 PM 

Player

Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

Drusus Vel.

Essentially Dru was my - "Hey what would a Kelemvorite that is totally opposite of the Eternal Order be like?"

Since Dru wore the same uniform as the EO, well, you can imagine the reception he got. Very unfriendly for the most part! Which provided a lot of great RP.

I love the Kelemvoite lore and that while lawful it's not about vanquishing evil, its about providing hope to the people of Fearun about the process of death as well as setting animated dead to rest, destroying malicious undead and bringing those who break Kelemvors laws to justice.

I'm glad I kept him going. The struggle to deal with the guilt of a loved one committing suicide has created a lot of amazing RP. And CCL will agree was cathartic since it's a RL issue I've had to deal with personally. Thankfully my RL experience wasn't as devastating as what Dru is dealing with!

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar

Rigela

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 17:57 PM 

Player

Shyllia Elrian.

Originally I created them on another server (with another player) when Amia was down for a week or two. They weren't intended to be anything other than a brief 'RP fix' to keep the shakes away. They were a concept I really liked, so they were carried on over to Amia to continue their saga and life - but even then I didn't expect them to become more than just another of my many alts.

They wound up taking the head place of my main characters though, even going as far to push many others away as I ended up focusing my time on a smaller group of them as I fell into much more elf RP, and her doing her various political machinations and sinking into icky shadowy RP along side. It's something I am glad did happen as I have greatly enjoyed the turmoil of what is her life, ups and downs. Even if she was never really intended to go on the paths she did, or even last as long!

slkNihilus

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 18:04 PM 

Player

Phyr'tana Ta'far

I should explain that I never was someone who enjoys playing alts. I originally (hesitantly) created her as an alt to my then-main PC, the drow archmage of Ultrinnan. I only really created her because of a friend kept asking me to make a lolthite priestess to give them a hand. I honestly never expected to have her slowly replace my other character as my main, nor that playing her would be as fun as it turned out being.

NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 18:20 PM 

Player

Valerius Everguard was largely accidental. The character was originally an accessory character to Emilie Everguard's backstory, and was meant to have been played by a third player so that Luca and Valerius would actually be able to meet and have conflict between one another. The player ended up not being able to commit to the concept and we didn't know anyone at the time who would be able to provide what we were looking for, so I got stuck playing dual roles.

Terallis

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 18:25 PM 

Player

Not quite on this server, but it's definitely happened to me on another server. A short time ago when Dark Hour was brought back up by a friend of mine, I generally started playing my usual mains (specifically Aedan and Beryl). After a while, I decided to just try out the idea of playing an aasimar cleric who would never carry a weapon. Entirely focused on healing and turning the undead. An overall squishy support cleric. It was mainly meant as a fun throw-away character, given the permadeath on the server. However, after only a few hours of playing him, he easily became my favourite character to play on the server. The idea of the more pacifistic sort of cleric became super interesting and fun to play, and became my main character up until I left.

Elyon

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 18:41 PM 

Player

I made Rosary four years ago when I was an utter newbie. I didn't have a sense of direction for her other than she would be a travelling Hin, who happens to have a moral compass that points directly north. She was even lawful good. :lol: Of course she's far from that! If it wasn't for the bunch of miscreants and deviants that influenced her to a hefty degree. That made things fun at first, until the players eventually left.

After that, there could have been many times I stopped playing her (and Amia itself). If it wasn't for realising that the repetition of creating new characters and dumping them becomes boring, the PCs she's involved with, her personality, Bendir Dale, Fraction Leading, the current plots happening, the usual character development etc... that makes my character stand out for me and eventually become my main.

Lutra

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 19:10 PM 

Player

Yaston Sylgerand

I figured I will make a paladin. Never thought that I will become a faction leader a month after!

Candle

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 19:13 PM 

Player

Elyon wrote:
I made Rosary four years ago when I was an utter newbie. I didn't have a sense of direction for her other than she would be a travelling Hin, who happens to have a moral compass that points directly north. She was even lawful good.

Bahahaa, somewhere, if you listen closely, you can hear the sound of a DM's alignment table exploding.

These are all really, really interesting!

Magiros

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 20:06 PM 

Player

Ael'kaenmah Le'Quella. Did request it to join an alternative beginnings and a noble elf seemed great! Wanted it to be not so deep character so created her rather superficial wizard elf who was not going to succeed in magic because of fashion and boys. Her lvl progression was slow, she was lvl 6 after 3 months and stayed like that for 7, if I remember right. Then DM released the lvling and she went 25 in a over a week through spending time with a group of monks. I just hasted them.

Now, am not entirely sure where it went wrong.... During lvl 6, I attended DM event in Triumvir. Ended up with a massacre that lead to Triumvir's destruction. My character, suddenly received depth and started to evolve from the initial naive girl that arrived. During those days I had the intention that if she happened to die during any DM event, she would be done with. She survived with lvl 6 invisibility, was one of the few who actually stayed alive in the event. After I read Yossarin's post on less is more.

Continued with the Alternative Beginnings and started to head towards magic research and developing skills and competences. Suddenly the fashion started to be in the side and Art taking place, she became more serious. After a while ended in Ostland event and that was an event that really fashioned her and revealed her light and darkness. Not to mention the people she interacted most, Shyllia Elrian, Velden, Sanqinius at that time her closest friends. Izrael, Corinn and Tuomas her most hated people. The people around her gave her depth actually now that I think about it. Had there been no feeling of hate/love axis towards other characters, I doubt Las would have become so deep character. I am not especially good at creating character backgrounds, so the history of events and interactions gave so much material to make the character seem alive. Las strongest and weakest aspects really came from the interaction I had with other chars, they defined her character. I could reflect on them what she was and the situations they placed her in, gave the stage to bring those aspects out.

Towards the end, I met Rosary, well... On purpose actually. Las had decided to see this hafling who she had heard of so much. She kept coming to see her, in the shadow of meeting the WK's at Bendir, and slowly got to know her. Rosary again fashioned Las by revealing aspects that were not so commonly known, only by few who had gone to that extent to see them. Her more mischivious side. Rosary was a natural match for that and again gave depth to Las.

While I leave, on purpose, many characters without mention. Due to IC reasons. I still can say that there is a great number of people who helped me to create her story. To make her what she became. Without them, she would have never been as interesting to play. Thank you all, Kohlingers, Wiltuners, Winyans, Cordoners, Bendiners, Barak Runedars and mitch match of people outside of them.

Anatida

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 20:13 PM 

Player

Iim'mur'ss was expected to be a throw-away... an intended spy and assassin. Just to cause tension among the UD drow population. I figured she would get sacrificed by the Lolthites in a couple of months... 4 years later, she's my favorite PC of all time.

Nivo

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 20:18 PM 

Player

Ulrik was my first character on the server. I made him with a few RL friends to check out Amia, with no thought that I'd play him longer than a lazy afternoon. I even chose a ridiculous head 'cause I didn't really care or take it seriously.

Right.

CrazyCatLady

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 20:26 PM 

Player

Rania was just a way for me to test a monk build. Then my first or second week playing her, Lord Ulrik asked her why she'd come to Amia. I, having never bothered to think that out, made up some flimsy "To build an outpost and shrine to the Red Knight" excuse, as Rania was a follower of the Red Knight and a "Pawn" (member of the RK's monk order). Ulrik immediately took Rania out to Tristen's Path, spoke with her about building the outpost out there and boom. Rania became my main.

Estara

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 20:27 PM 

Player

I made Samantha because Yossarin told me my other concept was overdone. :lol: Fine, then, evil DM. I'll make a boring ass human. To this day I can count the number of human female warriors she has encountered on Amia on one hand, so I suppose in that sense she was a totally unique success. She has met infinitely more dragon disciples, drow and lycanthropes. >.> I also ended up falling in love with her, mostly due to Darby Mirth, Sovann Is'def and Robertltoner. I cannot take credit for who she is. I totally blame them!

I think this thread shows us that our best and favorite characters can often be those we create with an intentional blank slate. :)

Caron was meant to be a pretty main character, though. But not evil! OH THE JOY.

Mr. Hackums

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 20:28 PM 

Player

Nivo wrote:
Ulrik was my first character on the server. I made him with a few RL friends to check out Amia, with no thought that I'd play him longer than a lazy afternoon. I even chose a ridiculous head 'cause I didn't really care or take it seriously.

Right.

Ahhahahaha. You can't tell me that Mustache was accident!

It couldn't be.

It had to be fate.

Estara

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 20:28 PM 

Player

Well played, Haxx0r.

Nivo

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 20:33 PM 

Player

Mr. Hackums wrote:
Nivo wrote:

Right.

Ahhahahaha. You can't tell me that Mustache was accident!

It couldn't be.

It had to be fate.

Hah! No, Ulrik started out with this head. Only a few players are still around who might remember it.
Needless to say, a head change happened when Ulrik became faction leader of the Weave Knights.

CrazyCatLady wrote:
Rania was just a way for me to test a monk build. Then my first or second week playing her, Lord Ulrik asked her why she'd come to Amia. I, having never bothered to think that out, made up some flimsy "To build an outpost and shrine to the Red Knight" excuse, as Rania was a follower of the Red Knight and a "Pawn" (member of the RK's monk order). Ulrik immediately took Rania out to Tristen's Path, spoke with her about building the outpost out there and boom. Rania became my main.

This makes me happy. :D

Magiros

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 21:04 PM 

Player

Sovann Is'def! Remember him! One of my elfs almost got engaged to him! But she had over-dramatic Bold and the Beautiful reaction of giving the ring back and when give it back, dropping it to the sand at Nesek behind a house saying "No, it can't be". Turning dramatically and leaving. :lol: I was so young back then. Name was Caling Selana.... She then died at the Nexus when Tyd necromancer killed her with Wail of Banshee as I had asked him via tell if he wanted to kill her. :D A dramatic death and funeral was arranged!

After her I was lost for couple of years and ended up making Red Wizard on whom I focused in depth and was one of the first PM's conducting the PM rituals in places, as far as I had heard back then.

One of my mains happened to be a fey sorcerer. She somehow became this manipulative, sensual character that attempted to use charm and seduction to get her way and play with humanoids minds. Got a permanent charm on one with a DC 46 Charm Person. Ended laying her couple of years.

A loooong time ago... I made Naarifi, a pure druid who met Nasrudin and Ilona. Nasrudin was an awesome roleplayer and I somehow ended up playing with him which made my English skyrocket. That and Naarifi was unofficial smaller sister of Nas and we did all things fey's do! I was so sad when Nasrudin disappeared and suddenly my RP died. :'( Anyhow, one of my fondest memories of fooling around IC. It was the old and new Cordor times. Her I didn't plan, I just wanted to have a fey char to play with, Fey's were free subrace back then. Made a druid because I thought they were nature-related, got stuff from Nasrudin and suddenly ended with healer character with heavy RP background. Thanks Gravenmaskin, I remember you and Ilona always with love. <3

I also had a Defender Elf. He hated EO leader, the half-ice giant. They met I think twice. :D Elf paladin who visited Wyrmhold and spoke with Red Dragon, well.. not much because I was too shy to RP then. I remember Tormak was one running it. By the way, didn't get Fallen. Those were different days :D

These pretty much were my mains back in the days. Older days had plenty of mitch match build tests and characters etc...

RaveN

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 22:41 PM 

Administrative Developer

Audrey Zinata -

I created this character, literally as a Cyricist, embarrassingly with that in mind to kill/oppose Banites. It went well, but surprisingly they were civil when they lost, which was something I wasn't used to. After I pressed my luck, I ended up losing to Dashirun and was brought into their house for some insane RP as prisoner scum. I never anticipated it, rolled with the RP, thinking there's no way in hell they can influence me. I then ended up being converted to Bane after several weeks of exceptional RP. A year later, I would basically lead the faction for a few years. Never thought I'd play the character more than a few weeks, kudos to Darthion and crew.

Blue Moon

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 23:59 PM 

Player

Hummm, when I started on Amia I played Wren Notterdam who is fun but almost too ridiculous to succeed and partake in any serious RP. I tried an aasimar wizard, and a druid, who all fizzled out fast. With Wren still my main, I said hey I'd like to explore how magic works on the server, I'd love a serious, caring foil to Wren's gregarious antics.

I LOVE clerics but I also LOVE PCs who have more than one skillset... I'm very bad at focusing. I saw the item "Dove's Harp" and thought it'd be cool to have a bard who heals people through song. I never played a bard before. I originally imagined Jovi as way more of a flirtatious hippie reading people's palms and constantly trying to clean their auras. I even have in my notes for her: "combination of white thesta, hippie" Apparently I also almost gave her pigtails? Lol wtf. I like my PCs to be unique in a way that isn't as in-your-face as magic or dragon wings, so I gave her the large phenotype and said "I can make this sexy."

Then a bunch of serious shit happened to her as a lowbie, she faced a balor, fell in love, got to heal a famous person, got bitched at on the size of her boobs (;D) and... I just started building friendships and finally had consistent people to RP with. Joined the wardens and bam.

"[SocksOnFeet] Arabella Amakiir: [Talk] That girl got buns, hon. "

Jes

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 12 2016, 13:25 PM 

DM

Zelly.

I made a crazy copper-kin elf because I wanted to try AA with Dev Crit and decided a silly Erevanite would be the way to go. I played her for a few weeks, leveling her up gradually. It was a fun combination, but hard to level. Ended up I stopped playing her for almost a year because meh. I played her again randomly when there was some activity in Winya and I decided I wanted to be involved but didn't want to make another new character. So I threw her in there and started terrorizing people.

And then all sorts of crazy shenanigans happened and she became my Main for YEARS, going from Winya to the Monolith to Kohlingen and running her own crazy trade faction that was actually just a front for a Harper-like network of informants and movers and shakers and being First Knight of Kohlingen and...

I still miss her so much.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

RuffTuff

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 13 2016, 4:46 AM 

Player

Once upon a time, I had a spur of the moment idea for a cocky, smart-ass illusionist halfling who lived to play the peanut gallery for the biggest shit show on Amia at the time: the crossroads outside Bendir Dale. My other characters at the time were either indisposed, or in a rough patch. It made playing them somewhat taxing, and I wanted a simple side character that I could hop onto and just dick around and be free of the obligations of participating in random PvP outbursts or inter character melodrama.

And thus, Kirby Cottonfoot was created.

About a week later, I realized he had quickly become my favorite character in my list, and I just didn't have the desire to play the others anymore. He became my main, and over time his story and personality developed more than I ever intended them to.

Then one day whilst discussing family, another character casually asked if Kirby had any siblings. In another spur of the moment call, I decided he should have a sister. After spouting that idea off, I decided to give it a little more substance by claiming that they were twins, and she was his prettier (but in his own opinion more boring) sister who was older by four minutes.

I decided to call her Kira, because the twin name alliteration appealed to me.

The subject of Kirby's sister came up a few more times over the next month or so, particularly in conversations with Serena Voi, and then one night as I logged back in from a break, I decided to have Kirby's elusive sister show up for a visit to this place her brother kept writing to her about.

And that's how the Cottonfoots came to be.

Eck Oh

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 13 2016, 4:52 AM 

Player

I once created a character to help in a player run event on another server.

I was needed to play a kidnapped young girl who was being used to lure out/piss off another player.

Long story short the young girl I was playing gets rescued leading to some interesting RP with my rescuer and I suddenly became interested in playing this young girl. I then however ended up back with the kidnapper as an apprentice (to be trained as an assassin) and ended up betraying my rescuer. It was a whole lot of fun, and I went on playing this character for awhile after.

DireCorbie

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 13 2016, 5:06 AM 

Player

Amalyth was my attempt to get a fresh start, as I already had a main at the time. She was also my attempt to get into two facets of RP I didn't really understand: elves and magic. She had a flighty and ignorant personality that was fun to RP, but at the time I was just really needing a break for the server, so I (very regrettably) stopped playing for a couple years.

I brought her back mainly to help someone else level a character, and found fun in RPing her again. She managed to be the only character of mine that wasn't an overwhelming, stressful experience for me to RP (surprisingly) and it stuck. I'm glad I did; this past year or so has been a blast.

MisterLich

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 13 2016, 18:01 PM 

Player

Frugdar was an accidental main - I thought I'd get bored and move on quickly, but he quickly became a fun character to play and I think he's the only character people really know me for on Amia. Reactions to him have been kind of polarized; either people loved him for his silliness or hated him for the pvp that he engaged so much in (partially because I always tried to make sure I hit first in pvp, which is really just sound strategy, but I can understand how it would come off as overly aggressive.) I like to think most people enjoyed the character.

Then Kaelthas was my main for a little while and now Osiris is my main. Those were intentional. I'm not really enjoying Osiris though, he might be replaced.

DolphinRacer

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 16 2016, 4:13 AM 

Player

Taelar was made as a character to learn the server I had no intention of playing him once I had learned the layout and the way people play.

Kira "Penny" Sigers
Better than Boulderdash!

Misty Summers

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 16 2016, 4:39 AM 

Player

Salyesi was originally created upon my return to Amia after a few years absence. Knowing that Misty's story had come to an end do to many factors, I created Salyesi just to log in and have a look at all that had changed in the time I was gone...

Little did I know then that she would become my main and turn out to have one of the richest stories any of my pcs have ever had...

Thank god for Accidents.. :)

Elorathall

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 16 2016, 14:40 PM 

Player

EDIT: Mistook the question. I tend to only play 1 character at a time, though Elorathall was originally intended as a "trial character" just to take a look around the server.

Aurelius: Sunmaster of Amaunator. Contemplative. Aspirant to Transcendance.
"Sol Invictus"

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 16 2016, 20:04 PM 

Player

Malice of many last names... And Jys'zyne to an extent. Both were simply created and let lose upon Amia. Malice was never the biggest fish, but she became amusingly powerful for a character that NEVER reached Max level... Malice proved you make enough friends, and enough enemies and people will keep you around, simply because you're damn fun to hang around / humiliate. :lol: I still think of her these days, though I'd never bring her back.

Man, this account is over 10 years old. Where do I get my old man beard?

Revak

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 17 2016, 13:44 PM 

Player

Sole reason for Ania's creation:

"I wonder how big a greatsword looks on the elven model?"

Then stuff happened. Then she hit things. Then she joined a faction that liked hitting things. Over time the guy who was the boss of hitting things stumbled into the ocean and real life. Then she became faction leader of hitting things. Now she freelance hits things.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 17 2016, 18:11 PM 

Player

Malandria was never meant as my main chara.

I made her as a fun side chara because I wanted to play an evil Malarite druid. (yes she was evil when I started her on Amia)

(Un)fortunately RP went into a fully different direction very soon after the charas creation. >.>

maglorine

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 17 2016, 18:45 PM 

Player

Missus A'Whiggans was a concept character I started on New Years Eve 2010 while waiting for the ball to drop. Never meant to be much of anything, much less my main until I finally set her down for good a couple of months ago. One thing led to another and I just kept going deeper into the gnomish bizzarro world that was Missus.

Magiros

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 17 2016, 19:35 PM 

Player

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
Malandria was never meant as my main chara.

I made her as a fun side chara because I wanted to play an evil Malarite druid. (yes she was evil when I started her on Amia)

(Un)fortunately RP went into a fully different direction very soon after the charas creation. >.>

So instead of the good Grove, we could have evil Grove with Mordor-stylized atmosphere? Daemn. . . That is one of an alternative storyline there!

Galenson

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 19 2016, 11:46 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

The Scholar was originally built to test the shifter shapes when they were still in development.

Who'd have thought he'd actually become a character...

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

TheGoddessOfAmazing©

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 20 2016, 4:33 AM 

Player

Galenson wrote:
The Scholar was originally built to test the shifter shapes when they were still in development.

Who'd have thought he'd actually become a character...

Him and Haylee have great talks!

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 20 2016, 5:07 AM 

Player

Tee/Sloan started as a rendition of my favorite PnP styled character, which was an archer. Didn't even think to make her an elf. She started as a paladin... :|

And then blossomed in the very few months I first started playing her! In the time since she has lost a lot of traction as my main of course, since shit happens and things change, but she's still my baby creation. I named her after my favorite female name, taken from the greatest movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Ferris' girlfriend's name is Sloane. Yes, I'm totally original. (I dropped the e because I figured people might try to pronounce it as slow-anne instead of slow-n)

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Lorekeeper

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 20 2016, 13:26 PM 

Player

I made Ryvvik because I really enjoyed an episode of Samurai Jack and I figured it would be interesting to have a character share his ideals.
I had zero intention to keep playing him beyond level 10 but... Here we are.

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 20 2016, 13:34 PM 

Player

Nicholas Frost was my first character on Amia. He was made just to get to understand the server better, before I made a more serious character. But turned out to be more than enough fun for me, and developed enough to be my main for an extended amount of time. :D

Auri: Champion of Bahamut

Strom

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 14 2016, 10:51 AM 

Player

Grumdur Bari'Var, was the outcome of a conversation in my local gaming store, with a couple of other players that knew about Amia.

I'd played once, a long time ago, when Cordor was a strange one-area thing and I remember being a monk.
Turned out the two guys I was with had played much more and were reminiscing hardcore about this place called Ultrinnan. (RIP)

The conversation turned to other things, and eventually we decided we'd reinstall NwN, and play a group of Dwarves themed loosely on the SAS that were all dex based and used dwarfy ranged weapons, like the crossbow and throwing axes.

A month later, the Barak Runedar Raiders happened and my only lasting contribution to this server is a quest that rewards you a perfect mythal. O_o
I'm pretty sure there's a joke there about us always getting cut off behind enemy lines in DM events...

Rook - Tiefling Witch

Grumdur Bari'Var - Dwarven Raider

Desimir Maric - Spellblade of Savras

Cassius Dain - Scribe of House Gulderhom

Timezone: UK (GMT+0)

Broldi

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 14 2016, 11:40 AM 

Player

Shade Illith'vir
Tel'void actually talked me into making his main's (Noirel) brother. I eventually did and simply started dicking around the Dale, thins quickly got more serious with him and RP with Cynbel and Velden.

He was always intended to be a lot like Noirel in the way that he'd rather listen to a conversation than take part, but in time his confidence and ego grew and built him into the ass hole you know today.

Aiseth

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 14 2016, 21:40 PM 

Player

Aiseth Nosdivan was an interloper in Cordor trying to gain some support from the ministry of magic with her machine called The Labyrinth. She was originally meant to support a larger plot as a sort of 3-minute villain who played with people's minds and tortured them with fear, but when she started making choices to survive or obtain things for herself, she started becoming very dynamic very fast! Next thing you know, she was something of an anti-hero turned sojourner for actual true virtues. What evolved is one of the most powerful and even-tempered magicians today, though she is still kind of slithery in her ways because of her great intelligence. I had to eventually let my other mains fall into the shadows such as Mynna and Samrael Cymere, as their stories became less important.

Suhjet

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 15 2016, 5:51 AM 

Player

Melsa was created as an accomplice to a few other PCs when I first started on Amia. Her background was intertwined with one of those other characters in a significant way, which has also conveniently led her through some unorthodox builds into what she is today. The kind of character I play her as now is a bit of an amalgamation and evolution of some characters I used to play since my earliest days of RPing in the early 2000s. Nowadays, I just stroll around the server with her and she becomes background noise, unfortunately.

There are horrors beyond life's edge that we do not suspect,
and once in a while, man's evil prying calls them just within our range.

Xaviera

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 16 2016, 15:09 PM 

Player

To be brutally honest, Xaviera was created on a whim (after the death of my druid main and during a very personally challenging time OOC) as a throw-away character for cybering back in the days when it was not entirely the no-no that it is now, and as a way of passive-aggressively pushing the boundaries of what was permissible on the server (in retrospect, I may have been partly responsible for some of the current restrictions :twisted: ). Even her name is a joke.

But standing around Cordor looking for tricks forces one to become involved in RP, in the course of which I had to produce out of thin air elements of her character and backstory. Interactions with key people and events I had never anticipated (most notably the destruction of the original Cordor) were formative in her development and caused her to change in ways I did not expect, even as they were happening. A little bit of research into the Forgotten Realms (about which I had been largely ignorant until that point) led me to the discovery of Sharess at a critical point in Xavi's own existence, which fit perfectly with her, and from that point on she had a mission that would further shape her development.

In some ways she's had significant feedback effects on me personally, as many of the themes I've explored with her involving relationships and morality have affected my own development and self-understanding, including on LGBT issues. While Xaviera has a reputation that may put some people off interacting with her, I like to think that both of us have grown and changed for the better. :) Ten years after her creation, she's still my main character.

"[They] were moving in on me like Sharessans on a new broad in the bath house" - Tracer Bolt
AmiaWiki mod (mostly inactive)

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 26 2016, 21:28 PM 

Player

Earalenia was a character created to explore lolthite rp, but her story changed and lead elsewhere very quickly. Since she came to the surface she has been a character I've used to air out on. Through her I have been able to experience my emotions fully, both good ones and bad ones and it was great while it lasted. For a long time she was also a character without a set goal, which made her a good character to let the shit hit the fan for.

I think what many says is true, it's important to not plan your characters too closely, for a main. Though not something for everyone, I have found that it is important for me that my characters challenge the status quoe of the hub I intend for them. That way, you get conflict (if that is what you want) without needing baddies.

Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 30 2016, 4:25 AM 

Player

Pitt. Main character status.

I just made it because I wanted an assassin. Now look at me.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

That Guy

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 30 2016, 4:30 AM 

Player

I made Nimiwae to play with the DD stuff since I never had one. And... well.... here we are.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next